Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923019 times)

Walter253

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1050 on: 2015-04-14 22:12:33 »
I just noticed that I did not uptaded the ff7.exe , not sure if it is needed too , actually I'm running it with the ff7.exe from gjoerulv - mostly for the change he made for the limit break - so I don't know, did I need a new ff7.exe for the shops?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2015-04-14 23:11:57 »
hey sega chief

what is the iro link to this Catalog?

When you open 7H, go to the Catalog tab and click 'Search'. This will display the catalog by default. If nothing is shown, then you haven't set up 7H properly.

I just noticed that I did not uptaded the ff7.exe , not sure if it is needed too , actually I'm running it with the ff7.exe from gjoerulv - mostly for the change he made for the limit break - so I don't know, did I need a new ff7.exe for the shops?

The NT Mod's .exe patch is optional; actually, it's more like a prototype than an actual part of the mod itself. It isn't required in any case, and the mod should work with other .exes like Gjoerulvs.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2015-04-15 02:42:46 »
Hi Sega Chief
Thank you so much for the mod! I've been playing it for the past month have been having a great time!  I'm in the endgame, and have cleared most of the new Battle Square bosses and am currently attempting to take on the Goldberries.  I just had a couple of questions/comments so far, if you wouldn't mind and have the time...
1) There is a new NPC standing at the ropeway entrance to Fort Condor. He seems to have no real purpose, am I missing something here?
2) The Lv 70 cap is great, but is there a way to give experience points to lower level members even after the party leader has reached max level?  Not like it's a real problem, but with 9 members, I would have kept Tifa and Cid at lower levels if I knew that this mechanic existed. 
3) The new cactuar boss dropped the 7777 needles, but I never received the X-ATM core after the new fight by the corel reactor.  Should I keep looking?
Thanks again for making the mod, I'll be sure to follow future progress!

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2015-04-15 02:51:39 »
after fighting some Recon Team, I discovered the ULTIMATELY HUGE MATERIA.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2015-04-15 13:26:42 »
Yeah, that can happen sometimes (it's a rare game issue; cause unknown). The famous one is where Cloud will appear giant and upside down in North Corel, in a screen just besides the reactor, but it can happen in other places as well. As far as Materia goes, I think I've seen the Gravity Materia dropped by Gi Nattak go 'huge' as well. Leaving and then re-entering the screen ought to fix it, though picking up the Materia ought to get rid of it too.

Hi Sega Chief
Thank you so much for the mod! I've been playing it for the past month have been having a great time!  I'm in the endgame, and have cleared most of the new Battle Square bosses and am currently attempting to take on the Goldberries.  I just had a couple of questions/comments so far, if you wouldn't mind and have the time...
1) There is a new NPC standing at the ropeway entrance to Fort Condor. He seems to have no real purpose, am I missing something here?
2) The Lv 70 cap is great, but is there a way to give experience points to lower level members even after the party leader has reached max level?  Not like it's a real problem, but with 9 members, I would have kept Tifa and Cid at lower levels if I knew that this mechanic existed. 
3) The new cactuar boss dropped the 7777 needles, but I never received the X-ATM core after the new fight by the corel reactor.  Should I keep looking?
Thanks again for making the mod, I'll be sure to follow future progress!

Cheers for playing the mod, bud:

1) That NPC was a placeholder for a Fort Condor 'warp' that's going in, to save people from back-tracking from the other continent for each iteration of the minigame. Basically, that guy would warp you back to the town you came in from. He was supposed to be set as invisible, but I clean forgot. He should be harmless enough though.

2) I'm not a big fan of the level cap for that reason; it's quite messy and due to passive party EXP you can have characters all over the place . As of the next patch, the level cap is going to be removed in favour of something much more discreet.

3) The Core is actually dropped by a different iteration of X-ATM Scorpion, not the one fought for Barret's Lv.4 limit. It's also unmissable where it is, so no worries about losing it permanently.

\\Edit: Update Progress//

-) AI has been fully implemented for different difficulty settings. When starting the game, you'll have a choice of three difficulties to pick from. Each difficulty above normal boosts enemy level, defence, decreases EXP gain, and unlocks some special attacks/AI for certain enemies. The earliest example is the Grunt enemy in the 1st Reactor, who will pick up an attack similar to the Beta Wave used by Special Combatants in the 5th Reactor. This is all handled in-game, from a single scene + kernel. There will also be some key changes to the game's events depending on the setting so keep an eye out.

As far as the whole update goes, next on the list is fleshing out the Dark Cave sidequest; it feels a bit bare-bones to me at the moment and could be a lot better. After that's done, we're good to go.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 18:33:41 by Sega Chief »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2015-04-15 18:47:06 »
Ooh, that update sounds exciting! I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the mod so far (Up to 90hrs now!) and another run with the difficulty ramped up (now I'm more used to it) sounds like something I'll look forward to coming back to!

EDIT: I finally managed to defeat the Goldberries!! By the skin of my teeth, too. I'm glad that the 'previous' materia caves' materia both came in handy- it's very satisfying.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 19:58:13 by Gatchaman »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2015-04-15 19:08:40 »
hey sega chief

are you gonna add more bosses on your dark cave side quest?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2015-04-15 21:57:59 »
Ooh, that update sounds exciting! I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the mod so far (Up to 90hrs now!) and another run with the difficulty ramped up (now I'm more used to it) sounds like something I'll look forward to coming back to!

EDIT: I finally managed to defeat the Goldberries!! By the skin of my teeth, too. I'm glad that the 'previous' materia caves' materia both came in handy- it's very satisfying.

That's good to hear; I want to load up some twists into the difficulty modes so they're not just a straight-up enemy boost, so hopefully they'll make a replay worth the while.

hey sega chief

are you gonna add more bosses on your dark cave side quest?

I won't rule that out, but I'm focusing more on developing the scenario more than anything else.

krell55

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2015-04-16 21:16:04 »
quick question is NT from 7th Heaven v1.2 and is their a readme for 1.2 if it is

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2015-04-16 21:25:49 »
Yeah, 7H's version of it is currently 1.2 still; I don't think the readme for it survived but I'll look for it.

Edit: I think this is it: http://www.mediafire.com/view/m3dgjp1jwuxph54/NT_Mod_Manual_1.2.txt

krell55

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2015-04-16 21:43:34 »
Well that was fast. You wouldn't happen to know where accompanying database is 8-).
If not don't worry about it and thanks for the hard work on the mod and taking the time to answer my questions.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2015-04-16 21:56:42 »
Sorry, bud; that database appears to be gone. However, the Proud Clod tool (PrC) can open up the game's scene.bin (located in the data/lang-en/battle folder) and shows what enemies are carrying as Drops, steals, and Morphs. Not ideal, but should be handy (and it shows enemy weaknesses too).

Doully

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2015-04-18 04:02:20 »
Update on my previous post:

Have plowed through a fair bit of disc 3 content on and on and off basis during the last 2 weeks. Have had to put the controller down and take extended breaks for my sanity a good number of times but getting there   :-). A certain number of tonberry(tonberries?) guarding a certain materia proved more difficult than emerald and ruby combined but quadra magic and a bit of luck can get you places thank god. Definitely a much more rewarding experience having to really test yourself and not trample over everything with KoTR and mime!

Still have the last battle arena boss to go, and the dark cave having come off a long session and taking out the KoTR materia boss on my third attempt. Trying not to spoil but all I'll say is thank god for Phoenix and final attack because he has a devastating attack that pops up towards the end that had me on the brink of tears :p.

Derp moments so far: - pretty much all of the kalm traveller's extra battles decimating me. I can't explain my reaction to the reward for the earth harp fight with any dignity unfortunately lol. Still mustering up the courage to go fight the chocobo again.

- Having a horrid time in the battle arenas with luck and blowing 14k on a Zeio nut I would also steal from a goblin about an hour later. I should never assume :p. Felt a fanny.

- Getting caught speaking to Barret's catastrophe npc again proved interesting!

Happy to say I haven't really encountered any other bugs thus far and looking forward to the last few areas of content.

Small wee note: I missed the sword from rocket town in disc 1. Does this mean no masamune? :<

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2015-04-18 13:08:46 »
Apologies for any psychological damage.

I'll add the Yoshiyuki to an enemy somewhere so that it's no longer missable. The Masamune itself I've been meaning to test as a 'utility' Ultimate Weapon that can be used by all the characters as an alt, just need to check that it can be used without any problems (each character has a different number of weapon models; when Vincent uses it, it takes on the appearance of his default weapon Quicksilver). I'll also replace that Zeio Nut prize with something else, to save people wasting their GP; that's likely a left-over from a time when Goblins didn't carry it.

Owlteria

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2015-04-18 13:45:39 »
Hey Sega Chief,

Awesome mod so far. I just beat Gi Kattan, it was great battle! I'm on my way to the Nibelheim reactor now and I found two bugs or something.
1. I've read you removed all sources in the game, but is the luck source an exception? Because I found 2 luck sources in Nibelheim, the clones in the black capes drop them.
2. Clouds field model becomes invisible when I enter his home in Nibelheim. I still have control and I'm able to run through the screen, though. Not sure if this is an issue of the NT mod or of 7H in general. But I thought I tell you just to be safe.

Still, this mod is amazing. Very refreshing and I can't wait to play the extra events for the 4th limits.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 2015-04-18 13:49:27 »
Yeah, someone mentioned recently that there were still sources kicking around in Nibelheim. They'll be gone in the next patch, but a point or two in Luck or Spirit won't cause any harm. The vanishing Cloud was due to a scripting error on my part; it'll be gone from the main installer pending the update but the 7H version is still on v1.2. It should be mostly harmless though. Tifa may also 'vanish' when entering her own house later on as a party leader.

Bukharin377

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2015-04-18 17:43:21 »
Sorry if it's already been said somewhere and I'm just blind lol, but I really like the idea of different difficulty options - would you say the difficulty of the mod currently is normal? So that there would be an option to make the game easier than it is right now, and then one to make it harder? Playing on normal and then doing a new game+ on the hardest difficulty would be great for replay value in my opinion  :)

krell55

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2015-04-18 18:03:15 »
I just got the chokobo summons and i noticed it only has one star so it cannot be mastered what does this mean for the master summon materia from huge materia. Also you removed sources from drops but we can still farm them later once we get conformer from gelka? Sorry if these question have been answered already.(using 7H ::))

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2015-04-18 21:55:23 »
I was thinking of using Master Summon as a prize for something in the New Game+ expansion. As for Source farming, that was removed fairly early, I think 1.1 was when it was removed. There's a plan to re-introduce sources in a different way for 1.4 after the new system gets a trial run in NT Arrange.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2015-04-18 21:56:50 »
hey sega chief

how much longer until 1.4 is released?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 2015-04-18 22:38:06 »
Couldn't put a date on it, I'm concentrating on 1.3 right now.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2015-04-19 04:04:41 »
So, one problem i've noticed is that when you use the auto-sort for items, all the damage items are mixed up in weird ways. Is there a possibilty of making the items get ordered in a way that makes more sense, like, ordered in terms of damage LV and such? and possibly changing the BATTLE autosort option to put all the damaging items first, with healing and such after it?

The odd way the items are sorted really puts me off and has me waste alot of time crawling through the menu to find the one I want. and doing a custom order would take forever with all the items that are there.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 2015-04-19 15:11:02 »
It's always been like that for FF7, I think. Don't know if I can adjust the actual sorting criteria, the only category that seems to work properly is 'Type' which orders the inventory based on their actual item index. I'll ask around and see how it's handled.

Doully

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2015-04-19 21:47:18 »
Seem to be having an issue after the Hell Armor boss in the Dark Cave sidequest. Cloud is frozen on the spot as soon as the countdown begins. Have jiggled about with party members to see if that makes any difference but no luck :<

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2015-04-20 00:22:15 »
That's odd, I'll have a look at it.

Edit: Couple of questions-

-) Which screen does the soft-lock occur on?

-) Does the softlock occur right after fighting Hell Armor or is it after fighting the next boss on the Floor 70 balcony?

-) Do any events play, or does a timer just appear and all movement is locked?
« Last Edit: 2015-04-20 00:55:52 by Sega Chief »