Author Topic: [FF7] Enemies editor - Hojo (1.0)  (Read 100567 times)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Hojo 1.0 - enemies editor
« Reply #75 on: 2009-06-06 18:12:47 »
thanks, using sceneedit and scenereader was rather cumbersome.

All we need now is a gui editor that can alter AI, seems at the moment need to use hex editor and know all the raw code values.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-06-06 18:46:11 »
AI editor?

And don't throw scene reader away just yet; there are still a few things for which we need hex editors, such as formation editing, changing the enemy model IDs and playing around with the battle setups.

chocofeather

« Reply #77 on: 2009-09-18 02:29:06 »
Anyone have any idea why Stardust March move by Gighee and Christopher is not showing up here?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009-09-18 02:41:00 »
It must have to do with you reviving dead threads

chocofeather

« Reply #79 on: 2009-09-18 03:43:03 »
It must have to do with you reviving dead threads

This is ontopic as it might be a bug in his program.  If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post.  Smart ass comments don't do any good.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-18 03:44:44 by chocofeather »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-09-18 05:07:27 »
We're all braindead disrespectful trolls here, remember? If you don't love that about us, then stick to your break off forums.
[/offtopic even though you're not worth it]
it's shows up at "High Low Suit" IIRC. It just has the same animation as Southern Cross.

chocofeather

« Reply #81 on: 2009-09-18 13:14:52 »
Start doing your own research, you lazy git.

Thanks for info.

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009-11-05 21:29:46 »
I've a problem... Why if I edit most scenes, the size of scenes.bin increase of 8kb? >_<

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009-11-06 12:28:41 »
I've a problem... Why if I edit most scenes, the size of scenes.bin increase of 8kb? >_<

I'm not sure whether this is the reason, but I believe that the scene.bin is actually a compressed file made up of 256 8KB files, so that might explain why size increases are in 8KB increments. Why your scene.bin is getting bigger at all is a different question; perhaps you're adding too much data to the files, perhaps something else is going on (I'm sure there's someone out there who has a better idea than me).

If you're using the PC version of the game, that size increase won't actually matter too much, but if you are editing a PSX ISO, even a small increase in the size of a file will mess everything up.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #84 on: 2009-11-06 13:19:03 »
I'm not sure whether this is the reason, but I believe that the scene.bin is actually a compressed file made up of 256 8KB files, so that might explain why size increases are in 8KB increments. Why your scene.bin is getting bigger at all is a different question; perhaps you're adding too much data to the files, perhaps something else is going on (I'm sure there's someone out there who has a better idea than me).

Close, but the scene.bin is divided up into 1-16 GZipped scenes in 8K blocks. If the size of one compressed scene would make a block larger than 8K that scene is moved to the beginning of the next block (they're all in sequence). That would displace the ones that exist in that block. That displacement "trickles down" until a displaced scene finds a block that it can go into without making it larger than 8K.
In Xeeynamo's case, enough scenes were moved that needed to make a new block. Since these blocks have to be 8K in size it just got that bigger. Yes, you added just enough to various scenes to make them displace like that all the way to a new block. They're pretty delicately squeezed in as they are.

The PC scene.bin can be anywhere between 128K and 2M in size. Not saying that anything larger/smaller than that would fail, that's as large/small as it CAN be.
The PSX's scene.bin can be no larger than 264K because of size restrictions.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: 2009-11-06 20:48:26 »
At least there's plenty of redundant data in each PSX scene file.

LostWingx

• View Profile
Re: Hojo 1.0 - enemies editor
« Reply #86 on: 2010-09-17 23:03:55 »
So I am having some newb trouble with Scene Editing. If i change anything at all then when I get into a battle Data Error skip battle just comes up.  I've modified the kernel quite a bit.  Based on what i've read here i am going to get Fresh files all around (except for my kernel pieces), make sure Kernel.bin and Scene.bin are in the same folder with Hojo, and make sure i update the kernel.  My question is....what order should i do this is?  Do i need to have a fresh kernel for Hojo to update? Should i Update the Fresh kernel then apply a changes patch with wallmarket?  I'm sorry for being totally inept at this, but I'm going to school for Psychology not software engineering or whatever this is and I really only started this work recently.

LostWingx

• View Profile
Hojo 1.1 Date Error Scene: 300/Code: 38 (PSX)
« Reply #87 on: 2010-09-17 23:48:52 »
Ok, I posted something similar to this elsewhere on the forums, but i think it was in the wrong place.  I also can't seem to find anything about this in the feedback or troubleshooting sections for Hojo or Proud Clod for that matter.  I have a modified KERNEL.bin and I am trying to edit Scene data.  When i edit anything with hojo or ProudCLod and update the kernel and then make a new cue/bin for FFVII, the battles give me "Data Error  Scene: 300/Code: 38"  Am i doing somthing wrong?  I've used Hojo before with an original Kernel and had no problems.  I've spent like 5 hours reorganizing and getting fresh files to work with and making sure I am doing things in the correct order but i am still having this problem.  This is really frusterating because to the best of my knowledge i'm doing nothing wrong.  I beleive I am using all the recommended programs.  Help Please!!

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #88 on: 2010-09-18 15:45:52 »
...As I said in my reply to your PM, it all depends what you're altering.

Tell us what you've changed.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Hojo 1.1 Date Error Scene: 300/Code: 38 (PSX)
« Reply #89 on: 2010-09-18 15:49:31 »
Reinsert original KERNEL and SCENE files from fresh, and it should work just fine. I suspect you might be using unclean data sources (that is, you didn't back up before editing).

As I said elsewhere, the likely cause of the error itself is that you've added a new attack, but not associated its use with particular animations for each user.

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010-09-18 22:46:19 »
Thanks for helping.  Well, I took a Fresh Disk 1 and fresh kernel and fresh scene.  I made 3 is. The first has my modded kernel.  It works perfectly.  The second has a scene.bin that has only been changed in 1 way...I added 1 to Guard Skorp's Hp.  Every battle displays the error code. The third iso had my modded kernel and modded scene, the kernel data is all correctly changed, but battles once again display this error.  I've tried this about 12 different ways now and if i am not using the original scene.bin then my battles simply do not work.  I've even tried other people's modded scene's and get the same message.  Should i obtain new original ISOs?  Gah, i got so much done before this took place and i've been stuck in the mud for 3 days now.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: 2010-09-18 23:11:03 »
You don't need new ISOs. Just try starting from afresh with your untouched versions of the SCENE and KERNEL. I'm not sure why adding one to the Scorpion's HP would cause an issue. I can't see it forcing a scene lookup either, because the HP will still fit into the same number of bytes.

But yeah. Just try with the fresh files, then try again. Try exporting and importing without any changes, and see if you have trouble playing. Then alter the name of a monster, again test it. Tell us what happens.

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010-09-18 23:32:49 »
Well tried everything again.  Fresh everything AGAIN, and made sure i did everything very slowly and carefully.  It is now working. To the best of my knowledge I didnt do anything differently.  The adding 1 to Skorp hp worked.  I reduced some enemies' exp reward to 1, it worked.  did the same to AP, it worked.  I guess i somehow solved the issue, thanks for the help again.  I will keep testing a few more changes before i actually start to make my ideal scene file.  I will post as to what happens.

my best guess at this point is that i was either updating a different kernel than the one i was inserting, or well...idrk.  i suspect it was a stupid and simple mistake on my part somewhere...jus strange that i tried so many times and it just now worked for the first time.

EDIT:  Alrite, so i've tested it some more and i've gotten text changes and stats to work, except for one little thing.  I get the Scene: Error message when Barret is in my party. WTF? I used some cheats to test all the game characters and the battles load correctly with eveyone except for Barret.  idk why...i've never heard of such a thing.  How does Barret's being in the battle cause the Scene file to go crazy?
« Last Edit: 2010-09-19 00:09:42 by LostWingx »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #93 on: 2010-09-19 15:47:41 »
Well, something is wrong with Barret, then. Be sure you're using an original kernel. A character with improperly managed limit breaks, character AI or weapons could well cause a scene crash.

There are quite a few things you can do to a character to break the game. Making him use a weapon model he isn't supposed to, giving him a 4.2 Limit, leaving him linked to Cloud's AI scripts when you've deleted them could all, I imagine, be candidates.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-19 15:49:47 by Bosola »

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010-09-19 19:57:43 »
I see.  Well I am beginning to see why years go by from the time I hear about a mod to the time it is complete.  I'm not messing around with any AI.  Whenever I go into Initial Data in Wallmarket it always has some kind of issue and asks if i want to continue or quit, I imagine this ISNT suppose to happen.  But when using an Original kernel, my updated scenes work...for the most part.  The initial Shinra MP fight is now Yuffie for some strange reason, I've only modified Stats of enemies so not sure what is goin on there.  I think that I will just go spend a week or so messing around with all the programs and come back to the forums once i have a not-so-noobish perspective on everything.  My kernel is complete, or 95% complete anyway, I just need some enemies that can put up a fight.  That brings me to another question, perhaps it is asked or answered somewhere else, but is it possible for me to find someone's Hard Difficulty Mod, extract their Scene.bin and use it with my Kernel?  I guess Iwill go now and experiment.  Thanks for the help as always.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #95 on: 2010-09-19 22:12:56 »
I see.  Well I am beginning to see why years go by from the time I hear about a mod to the time it is complete.  I'm not messing around with any AI.  Whenever I go into Initial Data in Wallmarket it always has some kind of issue and asks if i want to continue or quit, I imagine this ISNT suppose to happen.

Well, you probably did a Bad Thing in initial data. Limit or stat curve changes could well be the issue.

But when using an Original kernel, my updated scenes work...for the most part.  The initial Shinra MP fight is now Yuffie for some strange reason,

You need to use Hojo's kernel scene lookup repair feature here. You've made one scene larger, and now it's not possible to fit that scene into its old block. As such, it has been moved forwards, and old scene references will now be incorrect. The scene lookup re-generator will sort this out just fine, though.

I've only modified Stats of enemies so not sure what is goin on there.  I think that I will just go spend a week or so messing around with all the programs and come back to the forums once i have a not-so-noobish perspective on everything.  My kernel is complete, or 95% complete anyway, I just need some enemies that can put up a fight.  That brings me to another question, perhaps it is asked or answered somewhere else, but is it possible for me to find someone's Hard Difficulty Mod, extract their Scene.bin and use it with my Kernel?

You could do it. But you should gain their permission first.

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010-09-19 22:51:45 »
Hmm...I've modified the curves extensively.  Is there a proper way to change the curves?  I just tested values until i found the idea rate of growth for that stat for that character.  I stayed within the lower numbers and didnt go into the crazy lookin curves. And idk if my search skills really suck that bad, but it seems the questions I have are not appearing elsewhere on the forums, thats why I am kinda just asking them here. 

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #97 on: 2010-09-19 23:07:20 »
On second thought, I don't think the curves are the issue. But something in Init. Data isn't working. As I say, start with a new file, then make changes in a granular fashion, testing that each one runs. Then you can learn what is and isn't doable without breaking the game.

spibbly

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2013-04-28 00:17:15 »
could someone please reupload this file? I can't find it anywhere.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #99 on: 2013-04-28 12:03:58 »
I have uploaded the distributed .zip to my own domain. You can get it here: http://www.breck-mckye.com/final-fantasy-modding/Hojo%201.1.zip

I have also PMed the original author to confirm he's okay with this.