Author Topic: Minimalist Modding  (Read 1315 times)

Ludovik

Minimalist Modding
« on: 2012-09-07 20:36:27 »
First of all: Please move this post if it is in the wrong sub-forum

Edit: I think I understand now; basically, you download the Bootleg Configer and then download the mods and the program let's you decide what mods to activate. Got it. Sorry for wasting space.

I recently dug out my old PC install disks and stumbled upon this amazing modding community. So far though the forum(s) and on-going projects are making my head spin. I was hoping that some patient and wise modder would be able to give me a nudge in the right direction. I looked through the forums and the FAQs and couldn't quite find what I was looking for, so I apologize if the answer was buried there.

There are thousands of mods out there that seem to change every aspect of the game. I don't want to change the experience of the game, content wise, at all. At this point I just want to play through FFVII with no new weapons, spells, enemies, tweaked AI or any other game changing mods. Basically, I'm just looking for mods that bring the game into the 2000s. The re-mix pack seemed alright but I couldn't figure out how to disable certain aspects of it (new spells, etc) and the Bootleg Configurator seems to have a million mods that I'm not interested in at this time (and all of them red). I was hoping the community might have some recommendations for some lightweight quality of life mods and can point me to a FAQ or tutorial on setting them up. I understand that you've all probably been bombarded with requests since the re-release of FFVII and appreciate all if anytime you're willing to grant me.

- Greg
« Last Edit: 2012-09-07 22:07:30 by Ludovik »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Minimalist Modding
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-07 22:44:18 »
Of course the list is red
it stays red until you have actually downloaded the mod
if you just want to install textures, models and music, you can do that with bootleg fine
just dont install the other stuff