Author Topic: I don't know if this is allowed....  (Read 16902 times)

FelixTheTwilight

I don't know if this is allowed....
« on: 2010-05-10 17:44:29 »
Greetings everyone. I know this is not Allowed 100% but I don't know where to post it/Request it.

~~
Guys I've search ALL sites to find Final Fantasy 7 AC Game Remake as I hear it's a game but I didn't find it....

If it's not a game then, Can someone Give me a Real good Final Fantasy 7 PC Working? I don't want to download 2/1 Giga Bite for nothing..

And where I can find the AC Mods? All of them?
~~

~Thanks, I'm new here though.
[/b][/color][/font]
« Last Edit: 2010-05-10 17:47:22 by FelixTheTwilight »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: I don't know if this is allowed....
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-10 17:45:28 »
*sigh*

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-10 17:57:14 »

FelixTheTwilight

« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-10 18:04:33 »
Knock it off already, just say something. I told you I don't know anything if I knew why then did I ask?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-10 18:17:24 »
Hey! You want to know what I usually do when I want to learn something.  I search for information.  Then, if it's so damn complicated that I can't figure it out, I ask.   

You have unfortunately done things in the wrong order.  Help yourself, then ask for help

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-10 18:20:21 »
civility

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9430.0

Piracy is not allowed. Go purchase the game. We will not tell you how to get it illegally.

As for the fact of you not knowing anything that is no excuse. There is this fancy little too called a search function that you can use. Now if you have questions that could not be answered with a simple search we would be glad to help you, otherwise look around for what you are looking for.

/civility

FelixTheTwilight

« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-10 18:27:51 »
Fine, I did I only knew 2 things: This installer of Final Fantasy 7 Remix AND Final Fantasy 7 PC MUST BE BOTH Installed in my Computer, right...?

Alright what next?

NOTE: Sorry guys... I really didn't mean to bother you.

Question: Must be Purchase though? can't I download it from a Trrent version or something..?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-10 18:30:33 »
You can do whatever you wish, but if you expect people to help you i would suggest that you purchase the game.

FelixTheTwilight

« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-10 18:36:15 »
You're the best, Thanks bud.

Alright I'll download the Game tonight and after 2 days I'll download the Remix Patch. and put them all in one file as I've read.

Then I'll search the AC Mod right? <I'll search it now> after that I could have fun.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-10 19:24:25 »
You're killing us dude.

Seriously go buy the game. If you want to download it so bad I seriously suggest you send a donation/game payment check to SE at the very least. At least then in my book you should be free and clear. Oh, and if the downloaded version has Aids dont blame us.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-10 19:27:04 »
My download version didn't have aids lol.

If you want, I can send you the links.

So wait, why do you guys suggest we buy the game rather than download it?

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-10 19:45:23 »

You sir...are an idiot...YOU PURCHASE THE GAME BECAUSE *Drumroll* The torrented versions like "ULTIMA" edition...are completely bullshit.  You have a chance to be downloading 1 or 2 gigs worth of virus' that murder your computer, not to mention you could land yourself a pretty fine from the fed's.  We tell you to purchase it because WE DON'T WANT TO BE APART OF PIRACY YOU JACKASS!  God, do i have to go to your house and stamp "Dumbass" on your forehead or something?  Grow some damn braincells!

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-10 20:00:19 »

You sir...are an idiot...YOU PURCHASE THE GAME BECAUSE *Drumroll* The torrented versions like "ULTIMA" edition...are completely bullsh*t.  You have a chance to be downloading 1 or 2 gigs worth of virus' that murder your computer, not to mention you could land yourself a pretty fine from the fed's.  We tell you to purchase it because WE DON'T WANT TO BE APART OF PIRACY YOU JACKASS!  God, do i have to go to your house and stamp "Dumbass" on your forehead or something?  Grow some damn braincells!

I lol'd.

1. I didn't download mine from a torrent, it was actually Mediafire links.
2. It wasn't the Ultima edition, it still requires the CDs to play.
3. It was not a virus, I've scanned it with 4 different anti-virus software.
4. It works perfectly with all the mods I have. In fact, the site where I downloaded it from was encouraging the use of these mods.
5. I didn't want to go out and pay for a (probably) rare game.
6. How would me downloading an illegal version of the game make you guys at risk?
7. You sir, are the idiot.
8. U MAD? gf noob...
« Last Edit: 2010-05-10 20:03:20 by DarkFang »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-10 20:07:38 »
There are several reasons why we do not support the 'Ultima' version.

Besides not wanting to promote piracy (because we walk a thin line with what some would call reverse-engineering efforts), we have practical reasons too: the 'Ultima edition' refers to a wide range of pirated versions of the game, many of which have been modified to reduce download time, which stops certain mods working with them.

We could, of course, spend hours and hours trying to account for the hundreds of 'Ultima editions' out there and modifying our addons appropriately - all the while taking resources away from our modding projects *AND* putting our projects at risk (because our project relies on the good will of Square-Enix) *AND* making modding all the more confusing for newcomers (who will be bombarded with contrary instructions for different 'flavours' of Ultima) - but instead we have decided that this is worth neither the time nor effort.

FFVII PC may be out of print, but it is still available for purchase here and there. And there is, of course, the PSN version - don't make the mistake of assuming that the modscene covers only the PC version.

Remember that modding and reverse engineering projects do not go unnoticed. QHIMM has himself mentioned what appear to be a steady stream of visitors from Square, and I'm sure Halkun will glady relate to you his time in court, being threatened by Sony over his PSX doc.  As I said, we walk a Very. Thin. F***ing. Line.  - and the aggro is frankly the last thing we need.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-10 20:12:49 by Bosola »

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-10 20:11:56 »
I'm calling troll on this guy. Someone scoot him out the door please.

How does you downloading an illegal mod put us at risk. They take your computer in with your modded game, see where the mods come from, and some dumbash could blame us for spreading piracy.

We gotta be ninjas, not pirates.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-10 20:12:08 »
You buy it because SQUARE ENIX DESPERATELY NEED YOUR MONEY OMG SHEESH.
So yeah I can hardly afford every single intangible I consume and Squeenix would be about 14 miles down a physical list of people and companies I feel compelled to support. Certainly a lower priority than Devin Townsend, but nobody is arguing ethics anyway, people are arguing talking specifically about having pirated it on the public forum.

I think buying intangibles from people besides the creator when downloading for free is an option is actually negative ethics points btw, so I am actually opposed to finding FFVII for PC legally I JUST HAD TO THROW THAT IN BECAUSE I AM FEELING DOUCHEY.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-10 20:13:59 »

How does you downloading an illegal mod put us at risk...

I know Furzball is asking the question rhetorically here, but it gets asked a fair bit anyhoo, so why not answer it?

Response:
Because there is nothing actually stopping Square closing the door on us, as they did with Chrono resurrection. Square are not a "nice" company. They are not like Valve, or Bethesda, who actively encourage modding. At any rate, those are the rules. If you don't like it, suck it.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-10 20:38:13 by Bosola »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-10 20:14:32 »
**more nonsense**
It's times like these I wish I were an admin

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-10 20:20:30 »
**more nonsense**
It's times like these I wish I were an admin

I was just asking a simple question... I asked it and I was basically flamed.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-10 20:21:20 »
I lol'd.

Doesn't matter. Still illegal unless its YOUR LEGALLY ACQUIRED copy

If you didn't BUY IT FROM AN AUTHORIZED RETAILER or A PREVIOUS OWNER then it's still illegal

Doesn't mean it's not a virus and he didn't say it was. The entire torrent could be purposefully mislabeled or contain a file that does something you don't know about. Also, virus scanners aren't 100% safe anyway.

4. It works perfectly with all the mods I have. In fact, the site where I downloaded it from was encouraging the use of these mods.

But if it DOESN'T work we're all going to point at you and laugh.

So you decided to break the law instead, eh? I don't want to pay for a PS3. I guess I'll just go to Best Buy and sneak one out.

6. How would me downloading an illegal version of the game make you guys at risk?

If we support it then that would be condoning piracy. If SE got word of that then they'd shut down the entire site for sure and the owner (Qhimm) could get in serious legal trouble like the guys at thepiratebay did for allowing it to even occur.

Opinion which you haven't provided any good supporting evidence.

8. U MAD? gf noob...

What does that even mean?

Square are not a nice company. They are not like Valve, or Bethesda, who actively encourage modding.

It's not quite the same thing.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-10 20:31:39 »
I lol'd.

If you didn't BUY IT FROM AN AUTHORIZED RETAILER or A PREVIOUS OWNER then it's still illegal

Doesn't mean it's not a virus and he didn't say it was. The entire torrent could be purposefully mislabeled or contain a file that does something you don't know about. Also, virus scanners aren't 100% safe anyway.

So you decided to break the law instead, eh? I don't want to pay for a PS3. I guess I'll just go to Best Buy and sneak one out.

If we support it then that would be condoning piracy. If SE got word of that then they'd shut down the entire site for sure and the owner (Qhimm) could get in serious legal trouble like the guys at thepiratebay did for allowing it to even occur.

8. U MAD? gf noob...

Square are not a nice company. They are not like Valve, or Bethesda, who actively encourage modding.

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll go buy the game...

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-10 20:41:58 »

What I am saying is: S-E are not likely to look kindly on our projects as is. They aren't especially predisposed to modders, and after the Chrono case, seem to be quite suspicious of them. As such, we really don't need to anger them, or offer them a reason to close us down. Sending a C&D is really not a difficult task, after all.

@DarkFang : You have to realize that we've been through a *lot* of threads like this, and aren't flaming *you* the individual per se, just the sort of poster who often makes this sort of query. I understand that some forums are very permissive about warez discussion, but this isn't a universal rule, and it's always a good idea to try and find out about the forum's own internal policies before posting. Still, I hope the rest of your stay at Qhimm is informative and fun.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-10 20:45:24 by Bosola »

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-10 20:43:25 »
I lol'd.

8. U MAD? gf noob...

You're my new best friend.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-05-10 20:50:50 »
Finally makes sense to you. Gah

Pirating is still strongly discouraged everywhere. I highly suggest that if you do pirate stuff, find out the legalities of it and know if you're in the pot or the burner whenever they do catch you.

For example, lets just take your situation here where you want to play and mod FF7. Now say you have the original set of disks, but the install disk is broken. So the options are, go buy a new set or download a torrent. Well, from my standpoint, not really copyright if you already bought the product considering we're allowed to make backups and all that. That way if they do bust you, all you have to do is submit the original set with busted install disk. Hence, there you go, small legal battle won.

My only other issue is that I wish some company would make a way of doing P2P so that companies will get their money for stuff people download. Sorta like Itunes but for more stuff and also the use of P2P to spread network and boost download times.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-05-10 21:04:18 »
Filesharing should just be legalized. It's not like it's less common just because it's illegal. If the government were to legalize filesharing, businesses would finally be forced to find other ways of making money off of software and get the hell off of people's backs about every goddamn thing.

But I digress, [intarweb-slap] don't request sh*t.