Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 269270 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #250 on: 2009-05-16 22:24:14 »
ya its more spikier, looks nice bro  :-)

Lionfist

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009-05-17 00:38:03 »
looks great!

i beg you to put your buster sword on his back in the complete field model like the NPC reconstructionj style :):)

i agree on this  :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #252 on: 2009-05-17 02:49:47 »
totally agree with them there :)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009-05-17 04:05:54 »
Apz, I don't know if this would be easier or harder, But could you do two releases of the field model? I much like the non chibi field models, If you don't then i understand it is your project after all, Just something i'm sure some of us would like.
Amazing job though my friend, You have the best cloud model i've seen, And you just keep getting better, Kudos  :-D

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #254 on: 2009-05-17 11:23:02 »
The field model will be the same proportion as the original :| Sorry!
awww......no chibi?
That makes me sad...i probably won't be downloading any more updates if this is the case...

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009-05-17 11:49:42 »
It was afraid of me ... ey, apz freak, when you finish your version chibi of cloud, you have thought of converting your version of battle mode to field mode?

I HAVE TRIED to do it for my same but the textures ALWAYS remain in white  :? :? ... all that is very complicated but I would like to learn to do it jeje

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009-05-17 13:24:39 »
The field model will be the same proportion as the original :| Sorry!
awww......no chibi?
That makes me sad...i probably won't be downloading any more updates if this is the case...

He means they will be the same proportion as the original Chibi field models

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #257 on: 2009-05-17 13:38:56 »
Oh, well this makes me happy again :D
and even more excited :D

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009-05-17 20:13:28 »
Oh, yes :roll: Chibi, it will be. Young padawan

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #259 on: 2009-05-17 21:58:31 »
A small request. In the next release could you also include the final battle Cloud files. 

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009-05-18 01:39:11 »
Absolutely! With added emotion of anger on his face!

In the mean by:

It's done! The neck looks funny, but it's FABULOUS! :lol: Now I can start making the field model!

Although shamefully I admit that I borrowed heavily from the Dissidia models. I at least have it in my conscience that I built it up polygon by polygon. I know, shameful!  :|
« Last Edit: 2009-05-18 04:53:23 by apz freak »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009-05-18 05:29:40 »
No shame there, i tried to remake some weapons for this model. But i've no idea how 3ds works haha... Good thing as a student i got it on loan so i didn't have to pay but $80 for it  :-D

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009-05-18 06:19:52 »
At least I have the knowledge that I put all those polygons there myself!  :-) It just takes practice, and at least if you're in school for this you'll be doing this stuff in no time!

knight1120

« Reply #263 on: 2009-05-18 09:16:52 »
to neocloudstrife: i know the chibbi model is nice, but there are many people and members in qhimm are much like the original field model of apz cloud, so many people in this forums are waiting of releasing the original apz cloud field model and NOT a chibbi model  :-) :-) :-)

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009-05-18 14:07:40 »
Okay.. how about if APZ Freak release two version of the field models?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #265 on: 2009-05-18 16:12:38 »
to neocloudstrife: i know the chibbi model is nice, but there are many people and members in qhimm are much like the original field model of apz cloud, so many people in this forums are waiting of releasing the original apz cloud field model and NOT a chibbi model  :-) :-) :-)
...Ok then...  :roll:I was just saying i personally disliked the un-chibi field model, i wasn't saying everyone should think the same as me -.-
sorry if i'm coming across as rude, i don't mean it.

the only reason i dislike "regular proportion" field models is because they move really weird and they don't give me the same feeling of nostalgia playing through the game, which is why i'm still an FF7 fan to this day :D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009-05-18 16:14:37 »
At least I have the knowledge that I put all those polygons there myself!  :-) It just takes practice, and at least if you're in school for this you'll be doing this stuff in no time!

Sadly, i'm not going for graphics design haha.. They just offered it and i thought "This could help out with FF7 stuff!!!" didn't realize it would be this hard haha, I'll learn sooner or later though, Maybe get a few books from the library to help me out

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009-05-18 16:49:40 »
 :-( I think the old Cloud face looks better...New one looks some strange...to thin nose,pink lips

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009-05-18 18:01:09 »
Quote from: hellbringer616
Sadly, i'm not going for graphics design haha.. They just offered it and i thought "This could help out with FF7 stuff!!!" didn't realize it would be this hard haha, I'll learn sooner or later though, Maybe get a few books from the library to help me out

Funny thing is a lot of people I know that are into 3D stuff are self-learners that didn't use any books or special training courses. It may look hard but it's all about playing with stuff at the begining, checking what buttons do what and so on, that way sooner or later you can figure out basics etc :) It's all about having determination to do it.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #269 on: 2009-05-18 19:24:55 »
It may look hard but it's all about playing with stuff at the begining, checking what buttons do what and so on, that way sooner or later you can figure out basics etc :) It's all about having determination to do it.
I totally agree. and in actual fact, APZ almost single handedly inspired me to learn 3D modelling. i'm still not great, but i'm a LOT better than when i started. for me, his initial unreleasable models drove me to create them myself. i failed, but i learned a great deal from it. even looking at them to this day inspires me.

this new model, on the other hand, is and forever will be way out of my league - it's epic sauce :P
oh and about the new face - il like it, i think it looks more cloud like. the only reason it probably looks a little odd, squallFF8, is because he's comparing it with the old one. with that gone, you won't notice the difference.

koral

« Reply #270 on: 2009-05-18 19:47:45 »
Apzfreak has inspired me too, believe it or not  :-D
My bane has forever been, and unfortunatly is still, the subtle art of texture-map making. I have a fair grasp of sculpting and modelling, but I always end up relying on other people to make texture-maps, or I use whatever I can find.

Self-taught 3d-artists like ourselves may be able to produce reasonably good models, but going through the proper route to learn from the professionals will undoubtedly help you produce great models.

Keep at it Apz freak!
Using the original content as reference is not shameful in the least. How else can we be sure that our models are the best representation of that character we can make in 3d?
I usually try to draw my own sketches and stuff when I model anything, but even when I try to emulate Nomura's awesome style, sometimes the 3d model just has to have changes from the original design, such as slight proportion or shape variances.

You are not doing this for money or anything, so just do what you have to do and enjoy yourself!  :-D
(and we can all reap the rewards) :lol:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009-05-18 20:24:35 »
I picked up some books, 3ds max 9 accelerated (sadly i can't use it as i forgot to pick up the CD, which i will get tomorrow)

And Polygonal modeling: Basic and advanced techniques.

Hopefully these will help me out, My goal right now, Is just to pick an easy weapon (i'm thinking mithril saber since it's the second weapon you get i believe) and then remodel it, So APZ's cloud model doesn't look weird with new weapons  :-D

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009-05-18 20:50:05 »
Now see, that's exactly why I'm doing this! If I can help make other people push themselves to learn, then I'm really doing my job!  :-D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009-05-18 20:54:58 »
You are, i'm reading about polygons as we speak. By chance do you know the names of some of the weapon files in the battle.lgp?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #274 on: 2009-05-18 21:22:00 »
Weapons are under the Filename for that specific character

for instance, all cloud's files are named like RTXX

RTCK is the buster sword, i think, and under those are the models for the other weapons. same goes for every character