Author Topic: FF7 on PSP.. Kinda... well, it's a little slow....  (Read 17720 times)

Matt

• View Profile
Re: FF7 on PSP.. Kinda... well, it's a little slow....
« Reply #25 on: 2007-01-22 01:04:01 »
Glitches include: battle swirl, slightly off small sound, and blinky battle names when using one character. But this only happens when using compression levels 9, 8, and 6.

EAngelos89

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-01-25 10:30:15 »
Glitches include: battle swirl, slightly off small sound, and blinky battle names when using one character. But this only happens when using compression levels 9, 8, and 6.

Oh!! Now I got it! I didn't get any glitches, because I have an uncompressed PBP. (When I converted it I was still on 3.02 OE-B). Thakns for making it clear though ;)

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-01-26 03:15:03 »

lucky i always use level 7 compression :) skipped this problem without even knowing it existed.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 2007-01-26 08:00:57 »
OE-C is out now, so the PBPs don't have to be encrypted anymore. (Keys are not needed)

I trust you guys are using your own copies of the game for the PSP right?

Right?

EAngelos89

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-01-26 18:57:49 »
OE-C is out now, so the PBPs don't have to be encrypted anymore. (Keys are not needed)

Right?

Of course ;) I already got 3.03 OE-C and everything works cool, halkun. Thanks for reporting, though!! By the way, do you own a PSP, too?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #30 on: 2007-01-26 23:07:12 »
Yup, Downgraded when 2.81 was broken and then took it up to 3.03 OE-B.

I'n not having the best luck with creating my own PBPs as I run linux and I have yet to correctly encode an ISO. Keep in mind, here piriacy talk is very much frowned upon. I'm a mod (You can't tell in this forum), so even though I'm all for exploiting the PSP to allow better end-user functionality. Touting the use of pirited games is a no-no.

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-01-27 02:38:58 »

Right?

i'll be honest and say i downloaded an NTSC-US copy of FF7, BUT i do own the PC and PSX (PAL) versions.
Reason being is all the pal games i've got don't convert properly because of the screen position problem.
I even tried a heap of PAL-NTSC patchers and they all failed miserably.

EAngelos89

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-01-27 11:48:41 »
i'll be honest and say i downloaded an NTSC-US copy of FF7, BUT i do own the PC and PSX (PAL) versions.
Reason being is all the pal games i've got don't convert properly because of the screen position problem.
I even tried a heap of PAL-NTSC patchers and they all failed miserably.

I'm so glad I got my copy from the US :D This also goes for FFVIII-FFIX  :-)

And, by the way, halkun, I don't think this can be referred to as piracy, in case you own the original game, but just as an illegal (or not) way of patching a game to play on an emulator.