Author Topic: Existential Dread when hung over  (Read 4090 times)

Spooniest

• View Profile
Existential Dread when hung over
« on: 2020-06-20 03:52:39 »
Is it just me or does anyone else experience massive existential dread the entire day after drinking a lot the previous night?

Like, when I'm hung over, I feel this massive wave of depression and anxiety directed at nothing in particular, it's just sort of 'there' and I really can't deal with it any other way than waiting it out. I guess it's normal; alcohol is a depressant and highly poisonous to a human body, after all. I just wondered, does anyone have a routine they go through when they're hung over to generate some endorphins in their body, to try to get over, get past, or otherwise circumvent the hangover blues?

Or shitpost relentlessly I guess, that works too, I'm not expecting much tbh, I chose to get drunk and I'm paying the price lol

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Re: Existential Dread when hung over
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-20 05:15:29 »
everyone knows that when you wake up hungover, the first thing you do is slam 3 beers before breakfast

no more hangover - you're just drunk again

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-07-01 22:35:40 »
Maybe it's a sort of morale deflation that you need to face reality, or that you wasted time. I know that lying around all day and eating terrible food makes me feel awful, and any time I go to sleep after waking up around get-out-of-bed time I have nightmares.

As I get older and I have less to show for my life I care less about partying and more about building a family and having kids. I'm not smarter than the thousands of generations that came before me, and I realize that the lifestyles ancient peoples evolved were optimal for human happiness. Any evolved system will on a long enough time frame become vastly superior to the best planned systems.

I don't know what works for you, but listening to my body works for me.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-07-02 04:21:53 »
everyone knows that when you wake up hungover, the first thing you do is slam 3 beers before breakfast

no more hangover - you're just drunk again

Hair of the dog and all that.

But I only experience legitimate existential dread on marijuana. Along with other unpleasant things... Can't smoke the stuff... Wish I could. It looks like fun for everyone else lol.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-02 04:24:15 by Bonez »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-07-02 12:49:05 »

But I only experience legitimate existential dread on marijuana. Along with other unpleasant things... Can't smoke the stuff... Wish I could. It looks like fun for everyone else lol.
Have you tried switching dealers. Sounds like yours is too strong or maybe even laced

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #5 on: 2020-07-02 14:57:23 »

Have you tried switching dealers. Sounds like yours is too strong or maybe even laced

Yeah, its not one-size-fits-all. There's tons of different strains and they all have their own effect, they vary quite wildly.
Some absolutely slump me and put me to sleep, while others will have me conversing with friends quite animatedly. Some have me thinking back on missteps and taking myself down a peg, while others will have me thinking back and feeling resolve to do better in the future. It can work for you, but it does require a bit of extra effort on your part.

My younger brother once told me "You get out of it what you put into it" and that's really stuck with me as profound, but it only goes as far as how a particular strain is meant to work.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-07-02 23:00:00 »
Oh, it wasn't like a one and done thing. It's been an ongoing thing since I was a teenager. Many different sources... I have come to the conclusion that I can handle indica a little better than sativa (just absolutely fuck sativa forever). But, most of the time when you ask a dealer/someone who's smoking/offering "is it sativa or indica?" the response is usually "No, it's just weed."  -.-   ... And requiring a chemist every time I want to smoke just isn't feasible lol.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-02 23:02:05 by Bonez »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #7 on: 2020-07-03 18:01:21 »
Oh, it wasn't like a one and done thing. It's been an ongoing thing since I was a teenager. Many different sources... I have come to the conclusion that I can handle indica a little better than sativa (just absolutely fuck sativa forever). But, most of the time when you ask a dealer/someone who's smoking/offering "is it sativa or indica?" the response is usually "No, it's just weed."  -.-   ... And requiring a chemist every time I want to smoke just isn't feasible lol.

i love where this thread is going... lmao

but anyway... you should try edibles, IMO offers more of the 'body buzz' and less of the 'mind fuck'