Author Topic: Installation Problem?  (Read 2262 times)

GeekRichieUK

• I haven't completed Final Fantasy IX...
    • View Profile
Installation Problem?
« on: 2012-07-01 23:12:55 »
Hi guys,

I'm looking to install my copy of FF7 on Windows 7 but I'm running into a problem - It simply wont install!

My copy is an Asia-Pacific version - EA Classics edition with holograms and embossed logos and properly printed CDs, so I'm 99% sure its legitimate.

I've tried running FF7inst and Setup.exe from the disc - I've also tried running them in compatibility modes etc but no luck - Does anyone have a work around?

My Windows install is relatively fresh but recent updates seem to break another older program to stop it running all together too (Paint Shop Pro 9)

Any help would be massivley appreciated. 

Regards/ Richie

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Installation Problem?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-01 23:25:07 »
Close Google Chrome, then install. Chrome now puts an icon in the system tray you may also need to exit. If that doesn't work, install in safe mode.

GeekRichieUK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-01 23:40:14 »
I haven't installed Google Chrome - I'm currently using Firefox.   I'll try the Safe-mode install now. 

Thank you for helping :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-07-01 23:45:05 »
90% of the time, it's Google Chrome. But roughly 100% of the time it's something running in the background. Either way Safe Mode should work. :P

GeekRichieUK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-07-02 00:02:49 »
If only I could find out what that thing was... oh well!

It worked! Safe mode fixed it (although getting into Safe mode on a UEFI bios was not so fun) - But I now have FF7 working (kind of!)

I get a fail on 8 bit textures, and only have Software Renderer option.  Is there any way to get PSX-Emulator style upscaling and Windowed Mode enabled?  I also have no movies

EDIT :  I've just installed the new driver that is linked in these forums and it seems to have changed nothing.  Also insterestingly, since rebooting from Safemode, my computer has become amazingly sluggish.   I think I have 'exposed' myself to a virus... :(   

Resolution set to 1024x768 in the config file didn't help, I may have taken a step wrong. :D

EDIT2 : Back from work and I've been following a tutorial to install FFRemix, and thats solved most of my problems! Now just to find out how to put it in windowed mode and remove some of the unwanted mods!!
« Last Edit: 2012-07-02 16:51:23 by GeekRichieUK »