Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246327 times)

Ragnarocker

titeguy3

At first, i want tell u all the big thanx, from me and friends, this pack is very great.
At second, i had some questions : what actually date of finish this last version? Have u got changelog of versions? What about a new version of pack? - New Aali openGL and some other stuff is already finished!

Pouet

This Remix version is just awesome.
During the past few years, I've spend I don't know how many hours trying to get FF7 to work with improved graphics. Today, my wish has come true. Titeguy3 : thank you !

I have one question and one suggestion.

The question : can we find somewhere the exact list of modifications brought by the "New Spells/Weapons/Armor" ? I've already noticed some of them while playing, but I'd like to know how much the game has been modified.

The suggestion : I believe that some people (like me) would enjoy to have the possibility to play the "unmodified" version of the game. I mean I believe there are some purist out there that would very much like to benefit from the enhanced graphics, but might feel uncomfortable playing with new weapons/spells. So if it's not to difficult to achieve, I suggest you to provide 2 packages : (1) the whole stuff, and (2) only the graphics, musics and bugs improvements, but standard weapons, spells, etc...

Once again, thank you very much for your extraordinary work !

Cheers.

Gregio

Hey, I just installed the Remix patch, and I like the overall modifications in the game, but I'm kinda oldschool, and getting to the part with Tifa... Cloud and Barret's models look too different.
Is there a way I could replace the battle models with the defaults(?) to match the rest of the playable characters?

Thanks!

deadcause

Hello guys am new to this kind of staff. I installed the game (french version), then the compilation and after that the french language compatibility patch.

But when I try to start the game I get a black screen for about two seconds and then It disappears and I get back to my desktop.
N.B: I disabled UAC and followed the instructions.

I have Windows vista Ultimate edition.
           RAM: 3GHertz
           Graphic Card: ATI Radeon Mobilty HD 3450.
Could you please provide me with possible solutions for this problem. Thanks. And where can I download the english version not the ULTIMA.

Vee

Hey, I still got problems!
As I said, after installing FF7 it worked. But after installing patch game doesn't work. For few seconds black screen appears, and it turns off with comunicat, that program stopped working. Maybe I need to do something in OpenGLconfig, because I didn't change anything, just saved. But if that's what I'm supposed to do, tell me what exactly I need to change. Because I'm completely not experienced in doing that stuff, and my English isn't too great.
Answer soon, please!

Gray123

Final Fantasy VII Remix [2.5.1]

Hello I apologize in advance for the bad English.Tut lucky enough to see on YouTube your assembly Final Fantasy VII Remix [2.5.1]
I was very glad that I can pereproyti my favorite game in the best quality! But then, did all the instructions, installed the game and start installing your patch, everything is going well but at the end of the installation, more if it had ended out error ...

Windows Script Host c:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\FF7RemixShortcuts.vbs
Строка: 20
Символ: 1
Ошибка : Путь не найден
Код: 800A004C
Источник : Ошибка выполнения Microsoft VBScript

And as a result of the game add-ons do not work ... 640 to 480 and changed only model Cloud.Posovetuyte please how to solve this problem! I've tried everything, reinstalling the game again to 10 in different folders, nothing came of it .. I hope for your help:)

Overseer X

• View Profile
Is it a real copy of FF7 or Ultima Edition? If it's latter then that is the problem

Gray123

Unfortunately this is a real copy of FF7 (

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Is it a non english version? I would imagine that could cause problems.

Gray123

The English version ..A copy of the original copy of the distribution "blackcatsgames." The author posted this message on my torrents tracker collection ff7 this patch ... Maybe cause the game, now pump the other version with the same torrents and try Addon.Maybe happens.Although hardly
« Last Edit: 2010-09-12 21:51:02 by Gray123 »

Vercalos

So, no advice on getting the download of the Remix patch to work?  I've had it fail more than 10 times.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
The English version ..A copy of the original copy of the distribution "blackcatsgames." The author posted this message on my torrents tracker collection ff7 this patch ... Maybe cause the game, now pump the other version with the same torrents and try Addon.Maybe happens.Although hardly
Unfortunately, we do not support pirated copies of games here. If you wish to receive help, please purchase the game.

Gray123

My back-up license copy.They identical.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
My back-up license copy.They identical.

I find it hard to believe you'd torrent the game instead of simply making clones of your game CDs

On another note, I experienced the same problem but in a different manner. I own two copies of the game ( one newly purchased for 50$ and one so old I wasn't sure its gonna work anymore. Also, backup of the ISOs from the 'new' game ) and basically use english windows 7.

Now, if I go and install the very same game on ANOTHER PC ( either way, by sending over the ISOs to my other pc or simply using the CDs to install ) in my house, which uses a german windows XP, there is a VBS error ( I don't remember the exact problem, but it was something like it couldn't find a path to the VBS something. Even if I burn a copy of my 'working' FF7 folder thats modded, install the game regularly on the other pc and the bug pops up, I ignore it and replace the bugged folder, it still doesnt work ), which essentially causes the same problems as described by the other user.
To clarify, the game and all its mods are working just fine on my machine, with the english windows 7.
My best guess is that if windows language doesn't equal game language, it messes up.
I re-did the exact same steps of installing than I did on my first machine, but the error would pop up everytime.

Both machines use the same graphics card, the same CPU and what else. They are identical except for the OS.
Now, what in the world would cause that?

Fischkopf

• View Profile
i extracted the Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_German.exe with 7-zip and found out the mistake in the german installer.

There were 3 files in postinstall.bat that you missepelled.

The first file is menu_ge.lgp is actually "menu_gm.lgp"
The other file is not world_ge.lgp its "world_gm.lgp"
The third is not flevel.lgp its "gflevel.lgp"

I changed all that and saved it, however it still doesn't work. Now i get this error:

"Das System kann die Angegebene Datei nicht finden" - System can't find specified file

"Das System kann die Angegebene Datei nicht finden" - System can't find specified patch

"Zugriff verweigert" means Access denied.

« Last Edit: 2010-09-15 13:11:35 by Fischkopf »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
did you rename the original patch files as well? Since you altered the destination names, i assume you would also have to alter the origin files as well.

Chrono86

• View Profile
it's not working on my Pentium 4 machine running Windows 7

when i set the resolution to ANYTHING other 1280x960 I get an error when loading the game

"internal resolution too high, check app.log for more information"

here's the app.log data:

INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2 2.1.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 800x600, output resolution 800x600, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
ERROR: Driver didn't accept our FBO attachments, reverting to slow path
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 800x600
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

when I run the game using 1280x960, the screen is off centered to the left, and when i reach the new game/continue menu, the picture of the sword is missing and there's a character map (a b c 1 2 3 etc) on the screen as well

What is going on here?

Aali

• View Profile
This is a first, you have FBO support but its apparently not useful, haven't seen that before. Your options are to either play in 640x480 or turn off prevent_rounding_errors and live with the small glitches that will occur.

Chrono86

• View Profile
thanks for your reply  :)

i tried totally uninstalling ff7 and deleted everything, then reinstalled ff7 and then the remix

lets see...

turning prevent_rounding_errors to no just makes FF7 crash (screen goes black, reverts to Desktop, error message ff7.exe has stopped working...)

setting the resolution to 640x480 and keeping prevent rounding errors turned on does the same thing

keeping everything at its default just makes the screen go black, and it just sits there until i pull up the task manager and end the program

funny, no more internal resolution errors

what in the world...

Chrono86

• View Profile
ok well I think I found the problem

plain ol' basic 1.02 FF7 hates my machine

it just boots to black screen as well

yay...

*EDIT*

looks like i found the problem

if i press esc when i load the game it goes to the new game selection screen

looks like a problem with the video codec...
« Last Edit: 2010-09-16 20:27:10 by Chrono86 »

Aali

• View Profile
You should already have done this before posting your problem here but did you install the latest update for your graphics card drivers?

Chrono86

• View Profile
yes I did, well I have the 'latest' nvidia drivers for a 5200 card on Windows 7 (which aren't very new but the newest ones Nvidia offers...

jav1487

heeeeeey already install it, and the patch too! and
I get the same problem starting the game,
the screen goes black and you hear some music
and start from there "FF 7 stopped working"
I did the steps slowly, and I already install it three times
in succession if I was wrong about something!
and also install the codec  "TrueMotion "....
what will happen! please help!!!!!!  :'(
HELP MEEE!!! PLEASE!!

jav1487

Oh I forgot. This is my pc
Hp Compaq
Processor intel core 2 duo 2.6 Ghz
Nvidia 9600 gt graphic card, DDR 3 512 MB
3 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home premium edition 32 bits

HELP ME PLEASE  :cry:

obesebear

• View Profile