Author Topic: Mounted ISOs suddenly not working (Steam ver)  (Read 1714 times)

Reshy

• View Profile
Mounted ISOs suddenly not working (Steam ver)
« on: 2019-04-29 09:46:23 »

Turned on my computer this morning and FF7 is no longer recognizing the virtualized disks needed on startup.  Tried mounting a second disk with a rename, but that didn't work either.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Mounted ISOs suddenly not working (Steam ver)
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-29 13:41:47 »
Run the game converter again with the Overwrite option.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-29 13:50:53 »
The reason (as i had that problem) is that converter assigns a specific drive letter to the disc when you install it and always expects the disc to be in that drive and your virtual drive likely created a different drive letter when mounting it again after reboot. Just a random bit of info for anyone else finding this topic through the search function to clarify that you dont have to rerun the converter when this happens you can just force a specific drive letter when mounting that is the one your disc was in when installing the converter.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-29 16:18:38 »
It depends. Sometimes a reboot causes a Windows Update, which then could change the registry keys. My virtual drive doesn't change/disable after a restart, but I can see that happening with others. If you run the game converter and still get the problem, then it's the virtual drive being disabled.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-29 16:21:43 by EQ2Alyza »

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-04-29 18:40:35 »
It depends. Sometimes a reboot causes a Windows Update, which then could change the registry keys. My virtual drive doesn't change/disable after a restart, but I can see that happening with others. If you run the game converter and still get the problem, then it's the virtual drive being disabled.

Make sure V Drive stays on by default, got it, hadn't done that, got lucky, whew..