Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8-2013 PC/Steam] BattleFieldPack v3.1 [NEW UPDATE!]

<< < (2/9) > >>

Mcindus:

--- Quote from: FatedCourage on 2015-10-20 03:32:51 ---It's not really hard once you see what pieces work for what. The pub area actually puts the textures in the wrong spots for me. :P I'll just send you a link with what I've done. Trust me, don't worry about doing things twice with things I've already done. Mine need a lot of improvement. Yeah... Just specific spots need work. Okay.

--- End quote ---

I've found the best way to test where goes what is to pick a color and label each 'section' of the texture with a number or letter of that color.  That way, when you test in-game, you will see the number of the tile with a color that should correspond to the texture you're looking for. 
(This doesn't work when you have many different textures with colliding hashcodes - the only way to deal with that is to use the method below to combine textures into single 'master' textures (this is pretty much flying blind, and you have to use your best judgement as to which texture on which page is used for what when this happens)

Example:  Let's use Dollet  -- House Texture Page A (battlef_doltown_xx.png)-- has the same texture but 4 color variations with four different houses -- use white, green, red, blue. Number the houses 1-4 using all white for the first texture page, all green for the second, all red for the third, and all blue for the fourth.  When you open the game, you will see a house with a number of each color - this is what you're looking for.  This is the only texture that matters on that page - and you can even delete the erroneous information to save file size and space - and then at this point, you can even combine all 4 different pages into one, and point all of those hashcodes to that texture. (which is pretty much how I handled creating the textures for horizonpack - boy was that a pain in the ass lol)

Has anyone had a chance to test this? Opinions?

FatedCourage:
I know exactly what you mean. Though, I haven't tried this method myself. Probably would've made things easier. I have had to combine a few textures due to hashcodes. The only areas this won't work is the B-Garden hallways (at least for me) since the battlefields look too similar that they interfere with each other.

Mcindus:

--- Quote from: FatedCourage on 2015-10-20 07:28:48 ---I know exactly what you mean. Though, I haven't tried this method myself. Probably would've made things easier. I have had to combine a few textures due to hashcodes. The only areas this won't work is the B-Garden hallways (at least for me) since the battlefields look too similar that they interfere with each other.

--- End quote ---

Seems like I've hit a snag in dollet -- i have fixed the issue with the ground texture, but for some reason my sky isn't showing up.  anyone else having this issue?

FatedCourage:

--- Quote from: Mcindus on 2015-10-20 09:10:11 ---Seems like I've hit a snag in dollet -- i have fixed the issue with the ground texture, but for some reason my sky isn't showing up.  anyone else having this issue?

--- End quote ---

Which area in the Dollet? Pretty sure all the skies worked when I went through. I know the skies in Dollet consists of two pieces(top and bottom). And one area(where you fight the snake and Seifer wants the final blow) shares a code with another texture.

olearyf2525:
Thank you McIndus, does this include the GF textures you were working on as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version