Author Topic: What is friendship?  (Read 38217 times)

M0T

• View Profile
Re: What is friendship?
« Reply #75 on: 2006-06-23 21:57:56 »
Update, just msned her this:

well im not the sort of person that usually gets
           annoyed when people are too busy to talk to him and its not
           like you even bothered to say you were going anywhere. You
           have just been generally acting weird lately anyway with
           all those comments youve been making about me only seeing
           you because im bored, and not thinking much of you and
           stuff like that. quite frankly its not worth my time to try
           and work out what is going through your head because i have
           enough other stuff to worry about. take care of yourself
           and have a nice life

Its not the sort of thing I usually say but there we go.

Sad Jari

« Reply #76 on: 2006-06-24 01:23:44 »
Should we take that as a proof that men and women can't be just friends? :P

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006-06-24 02:36:53 »
Strangely enough on wednesday she asked me if I thought men and women could ever just be friends, I said we'd managed so far and she told me she put rohypnol in my pizza and I didn't remember her ravaging me.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006-06-24 22:08:44 »
Should we take that as a proof that men and women can't be just friends? :P
Men and Women can't just be friends... fact. No matter how hard you try there's always going to be some element of "Well what if we were more than just friends" from someone which will ultimately get in the way and make or break the relationship. (I speak from experience).
M0T: Sounds like you made the right choice.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006-06-24 22:17:18 »
Well she got into contact with me tonight and I told her how I felt since I figured it was worth a shot. She told me that she just wanted to be friends and I said that that wasn't possible for me. Whats worse is that she asked me how I felt, when she did it she made it seem like she wanted to go out with me, probably because she knew I'd lie if I thought she was just going to say that.

I don't really believe that she really wants to be just friends with me, theres far too much evidence against it and her body gives her away. I think that she is frightened of something and hoped that I would just accept friendship so she could stay in her comfort zone. If she decides she misses me enough to give me a chance then she has my number but I won't be making contact.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006-06-26 00:33:20 »
Well that didn't last long, she got in contact with me at 6pm Sunday.

Basically she tried to explain why she didn't want to go out with me, unfortunatly she lied to me and contradicted herself in the same conversation. One minute I wasn't her type, and the next she admitted that that wasn't the real reason.

I think that she loves being single too much and that she was intending to keep me waiting whilst she could have fun. Basically she knew I liked her and would give attention and she thought she could just take the bits she wanted and leave the rest.  She basically told me a load of stuff that didn't make sense and denied everything.

I got quite upset talking to her about it because I thought that she could at least do me the favour of telling the truth. She got quite angry with me, I think that had I just kept going along with her something would have happened eventually because I still maintain the signs were there, but I couldn't mentally take any more waiting.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006-06-26 03:05:07 »
Whoa man, this has been going on too long.  :-o You need to stop obsessing over her... I was used to obsessing over a girl also, and I couldn't stop...
Then, I just ignored her and that was the end of that...

Sad Jari

« Reply #82 on: 2006-06-26 06:12:37 »
Then, I just ignored her and that was the end of that...
And you said that you were... obsessing about her? :roll:

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #83 on: 2006-06-26 18:40:24 »
I live near Croydon (Coulsdon area).

I have no confidence with these things any more, when I first met her I was 5'11 at 74 KG, I got glandular fever and now weigh 62. I think I look freakishly thin and can't see how anyone would be attracted to me the way I currently look.
Pfft.

I’m 6’1” and 57 kilograms and dating models.

Confidence really is the only difference.  Either do it or don’t.  Have it or not.  But you might want to start getting it once you see one-too-many ugly-ass men with hot-ass women.

I have to admit I laughed out loud at the story of rohypnol on your pizza.  I wish my girl would do that, assuming she uses protection.

There are plenty of girls out there.
Why don’t you try being single for a while and see how you enjoy that.
No, I don’t mean go off and have a bunch of sex.  Just meet women.
That’s all.  I guess you can go to bed too, but your goal here is to see what kinds of fish are in the pond.
You have time, and a whole life ahead of you.  No need to settle down in one place so soon.
See the world.  Live your dreams.

And remember, all women are the same until you make one to be more special than the others.

I know how hard it is to get over women—I cried (yes, tears) last night for my Laos girl, and I wasn’t even dating her.

L. Spiro

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006-06-26 21:59:36 »
6'1" 57 KGs?! No offense, dude, but even when I was at my smallest a few years ago, I was still 5'7" 62 KGs. I'm now up at 5'9"ish and 77 KGs....

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006-06-27 00:31:08 »
MOT: Keep trying!

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006-06-27 01:41:31 »
She sent me a few messages this evening basically saying she wanted nothing more to do with me and that I was a terrible friend to start with. She was obviously hoping to upset me and it worked. I chopped my phone apart with a sword in my anger :(

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006-06-27 10:14:08 »
Awww, you shouldn't have, really.

It's pretty obvious now (for as far as it wasn't already) that this girl can go screw herself. She was never really interested in you, kept using you, sending mixed signals and giving you false hope. The only thing she wanted was a person, no not even a friend, to hang out with regularly when she couldn't find anything else to do. And in the meantime play the funny "My-God-I-think-he's-in-love-with-me-game". She evidently did a good job at it too  :|

However, she just did the best thing she could have done, being destroying (the remants of) your love for her. May not sound like the best thing to you right now, but in the end it is. You do not want something like her to be your girlfriend in the first place.

So, try to forget about her. Grab another beer and remember "there are more fish in the sea". (God, I hate that phrase  :-P)

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #88 on: 2006-06-27 16:39:02 »
Heh, the amount of phones that I have smashed in my life, its always always really satisfying when you hang up by smashing your phone off the wall!! Then you have a long break when she cant talk to you cuz your phone is in bits (i never ever buy expensive phones! lol). But chopping your phone with a sword, now that is just cool!  :wink:

Anyway man, this is a blessing, at least she made herself clear for once and so now you can forget about her and move on. It will seem like you will never meet a girl like her again, it always does. But real lasting relationships never start out like this, and trust me when I say that there are far far better girls out there! Its only on tv and crap that you see this guy winning a girl over, but in real life it never happens.

Now feel better and go score with some hot chicks! (and dont be a fool and let her back in!!)

MOT: Keep trying!

(In comic book guys voice): Worst advice ever! Lol
« Last Edit: 2006-06-27 16:42:11 by spyrojyros_tail »

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006-06-27 16:51:52 »
I chopped my phone apart with a sword in my anger :(

That's one sharp sword...and one bad temper... :-o

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006-06-27 19:47:25 »
That's one sharp sword...and one bad temper... :-o

I don't tend to lose my temper but I did that time. The batteries catch fire if you pierce them

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006-06-30 00:47:27 »
You should've bladed her, after what she's put you through, and just to have that happen at the end.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006-07-02 23:29:45 »
Right I thought I'd blast a final update on here to let you guys know what happened.

Basically thursday she emailed and asked to speak to me on msn, so I came online, as I thought she might have decided that I was worth it after all.

Anyway I don't know if I mentioned it but when I first met her I was still getting over someone else, she was after me, and I made it clear I wasn't wanting a relationship. She told me that she had got upset that I had rejected her and didn't know what to do, so initially she tried to not talk to me any more, but she was so angered that anyone dared to reject her that she started talking to me again to find out why. She then decided that I deserved to be got back for it (bearing in mind this was just after christmas) she decided to play me. So at first she was just randomly ignoring then being really friendly to try and upset me, but when I stopped talking to her she decided she had to do something stronger. So she decided to try and seduce me. She got me to a point where I was going to ask her out then told me she thought of me as a friend and nothing more, however that time she didn't get the response she desired because I just said fine and wasn't bothered. Obviously she was hoping for a little more so she decided to try again, this time culminating in her telling me she liked me so that I would say the same. Obviously this time it worked because I got very angry and upset. She then said she was happy that she got her revenge and that she doesn't like me or what to talk to me any more.

The events of later in the evening, as detailed in the other thread, are pretty much a direct result of her telling me this. I couldn't believe she could carry a grudge that long or do what she did the whole time just to get back at me for rejecting her. It seems so completely insane to be almost beyond belief, but it does make sense now.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006-07-03 02:30:17 »
I do not really believe her. I do not know why, I just don't. Maybe my faith in mankind is too good, but I just don't believe anyone can be like this. On the other hand, proof has been delivered to me as well in my life, so maybe she is telling the actual truth.

I just think she's making this whole story up now. Or at least part of it. She definitely liked you, has now decided that she doesn't anymore and decides to "tell the truth", just so she can make you look stupid. It's too simple, too obvious really. Again, it could just be that she is telling the truth.

Well, for one you are sure you do not feel anything for this particular human being anymore. And that is about the best that could happen. Some people do not deserve to be talked to, mentioned or even thought of. She's on the list allright.

So, from now on ignore her completely. Never talk to her again. Not even when she wants to make up. She'd do it again before you know it.

Meh, humans suck. Stupid emotions.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #94 on: 2006-07-03 02:56:10 »
Back in the U-S of A I knew an ex-CIA “spook”.  A hitman.
He seemed quite proud of his lack of compassion (and love for killing) and every time he got drunk he took it as a chance to prove how heartless he could be.
In an attempt to prove how little he can care for others, he tried to throw me over the balcony of our apartment.

What he ended up proving is that he does indeed have some kind of heart, as he later (while sober) realized I am the nicest human alive and he felt bad for that day.
To normal people, it may not make sense, but to him it makes sense to offer a “hit” in return for forgiveness.

In other words, I give the word, and someone dies.  The first one is free and each person after costs money.
If you get my drift.  Wink wink.  Nudge nudge.

L. Spiro

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006-07-05 11:12:04 »
Well I found out the truth.

I was going into Croydon with a few friends and I saw her walking down the road arm in arm with another guy, who happens to be her ex boyfriend. She told me once that they only split up because he was going to university halfway up the other side of the country.

All I can assume is that he sent her a message at some point when we were out saying he wanted to see her, and that explains why she just randomly went funny with me.

Feels like I have been smacked in the stomach.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #96 on: 2006-07-05 13:18:22 »
Wow man, for the amount of shit that she put you through im surprised that you even acknowlege the fact that she exists. Last girl that treated me like that (dragged me around, left me waiting endlessly on answers - and then I caught her cheating on me, lol!!) I completley ignored for about 3 years (and we went to the same course/lectures/labs etc).  lol, I know that it sounds really really bad, but screw it! I dont want to be around people who treat others like that (that and I really couldnt stand her as a person, never mind a girlfriend).

Well it worked for me! Well she started to talk to me recently about how good I was to her, and how bad she felt about it and blah blah blah. If she said that to me three years ago, it probably would of made me so happy, but now.... I have another gf who is way way better than her (better looking, more fun, actually sane) so I made my excuses and went back to the bar, cuz I coulnt have been bothered listing to her whinge on and she was puttin a dampener on my night.

If your a nice person you will get screwed around, but it works out in the long run. Im sure someday she will come back to you lookin for attention, but will you be bothered about her then? NO! She treated you like shit and thats something your not likley to forget, and by then you will have met some girl that realises that your a nice decent guy and keep you for herself. And will she be pissed off then, why yes she will... and your gonna love that! :evil:

Anyway give it time and stop thinkin about her.

(Oh and when you get your new phone dont put her number in, heh)

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006-07-05 16:48:23 »
I have another gf who is way way better than her (better looking, more fun, actually sane)

Well then, according to the rules, she has to be stupid. Why? Because those are the rules.

A woman can only have 2 of the 3 following qualities:

1. She's smart
2. She's good-looking
3. She's not mentally-instable.

Women that have all 3 qualities do not exist. If you think you've found one, she's tricked you.

Your girlfriend applies for number 2 and 3, which means she's lacking number 1. Sorry to be one to inform you of this...

:-P

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006-07-05 18:05:13 »
Actually, a woman can have as many of these qualities following, be that zero or two:

1. She's smart
2. She's good-looking
3. She's not mentally-instable.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006-07-06 00:47:53 »
Just for the record. I was kidding there.

So no need to go all serious.

:-)