Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Cloud Battle Model  (Read 178297 times)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
How did you pull the models from Kingdom Hearts?

I'm just beginning to learn the scary process of editing characters & re-implementing models etc and it is for the purpose of being able to use the newer models from Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, DoC, Crisis Core etc. I own all 4. Is there a specific program you use?

Alkor

• O_o
    • View Profile
Prince Lex yes, specific program. But i.m dunno can i realise it here...coz who make it get punishment from square :|

auxili160

• View Profile
It's ok, nobody expects anyone to release ripped models.

obesebear

• View Profile
Prince Lex, for the KH models you'll first need whichever game you want to get them from.  Then you'll need a program called "khdump" or "kh2dump" respectively.

A few months back a member posted a link to all the necessary files for ripping and viewing the models.  If you search for KH2DUMP you should come across it within the first 2 pages probably.

apz freak

• View Profile
I'm speechless. That is amazing man. I kinda like your chibi and battle cloud though. The sephiroth one still need a little tweaking with the texturing since some distortion around the face and chest are noticable. And the hands are still missing. Can you give me an in-depth tutorial on how to make those custom models man? I have no problem with 3dsmax but I don't know how to replace the models with the custom ones.

I know there are some tutorials somewhere in this forum, but they don't explain much or don't go too deep with the explanation. So, I really need your help here man.

Thanks in advance.

Well since you asked so politely, (and I'd like to see what you'd be able to spin out  :roll: ) maybe I might set up a tutorial thread of my own. I had to scour the forums for hours at a time and do things over and over before I could figure out how to do anything properly.

I won't make it right a way, it'd take a while, but I guess I'll take a crack at it like squeeble did!

Alkor

• O_o
    • View Profile
apz freak guide about ripping? :-P Hm..intresting :-)
Prince Lex if u wanna this progs just pm me then :wink:

PS Someone knows can i rip models from crisis core? I see that someone post that: "I don't rip this models from crisis core" But can we rip them ? :roll:

apz freak

• View Profile
I don't think anyone has ripped any of the model files out of Crisis Core yet. Some people ripped out all of the music and raw audio, but I don't think anyone has ripped the models out of that game.

yongkykun

• View Profile
Well since you asked so politely, (and I'd like to see what you'd be able to spin out  rolleyes ) maybe I might set up a tutorial thread of my own. I had to scour the forums for hours at a time and do things over and over before I could figure out how to do anything properly.

I won't make it right a way, it'd take a while, but I guess I'll take a crack at it like squeeble did!

Alrighhhtttt!!!! That would be great man. That's okay, take your time man. I'm sure you'll be able to put together a much more awesome tutorial with enough time on your hand than rushing it. I'm sure that lots of people would appreciate it just as much as I do...

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Yeah I'd love a tutorial too!

LegendarySaiyan

• PS3OnlineID: LegendarySaiyan
    • View Profile
Well since you asked so politely, (and I'd like to see what you'd be able to spin out  :roll: ) maybe I might set up a tutorial thread of my own. I had to scour the forums for hours at a time and do things over and over before I could figure out how to do anything properly.

That would be great :P I PM'd you for few days ago, but you didn't reply so I didn't know if you got my PM or not, but I was asking the same thing "if you could make a tutorial".. Now I know that you will make one in the future so thank you^^

LS^^

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
Hello there.
I'm a fellow modeller and texture artist from completly different game.
I've stepped on this thread while googling some stuff and I seen those nice recreations of Seph and Cloud.
Inspired by apz's Sephiroth, i recreated the Sephiroth he made on my own, here's the result:

It's a fast render without fancy shadows, lighting and smooth, because my computer is kinda outdated and rendering would take too much time.
Cheers.

PS. I forgot to use alpha layer rendering aswell, just noticed it, so clipses on the coat and hair are well, not as they should be appearing.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-26 20:31:03 by Aurenasek116 »

auxili160

• View Profile
Woot. That's releasable too. :)

Too bad he'd look out of place since he's so detailed. lol

squallff8

• View Profile
WOW!It looks great!
Can i ask you a question?
Is that model/textures that you used by your made or you ripped them?
Can you release this models or it is one more project that cannot be released?

apz freak

• View Profile
Well nice to see I got some people to do it themselves! Squeeble got me doing it.

But that definately looks like KH2 Sephy, from the way the hair polygons fall to the texture on the boots. So I don't think his Sephy it any more releasable than mine!  :roll:

But good job, what other game mod did you do? I worked on Doom Reborn for about a year: http://www.doomreborn.5gigs.com/index.php

The Zombies aren't really much more than retexturing, but the Imp took more effort to do than this Cloud I did. Nothing short of tearing the model apart, adding new polygons, reshaping it, reskinning the bones, and completely making my own Diffuse/Specular/Local/ and Bump maps. Way more work than this Cloud and Sephy combined.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-26 21:27:36 by apz freak »

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
Yes hello.
I've been modding for Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Empire at War and now Universe at War.
The only 2 games i mod atm are JKA (Jedi Academy) and UaW (Universe at War)
Here's some of my stuff:

Latest works:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7994/lateststuffxf0.jpg

DMC4 Nero:
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/7/files2/79823_1.jpg

DMC4 Dante:
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5377/danteud1.jpg

N1 Starfighter:
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9859/N1naboostarfighter.png

Generic Wookiee (Low poly, for UAW, its RTS game):
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9859/wookie.jpg

Anakin EP3 (Low poly, for UAW, its RTS game):
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9859/anakin.png

Darth Maul (Low poly, for UAW, its RTS game):
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9859/darthmaul.png

Heh, that would be all, quite some stuff i got :P
I'd like to ask you some questions by the way, have you got MSN/Yahoo/Xfire maybe, apz freak?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
That Anakin in the first link is AWESOME!!!

auxili160

• View Profile
The Anakin in the second last pic looks like a monkey though.  :lol:

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
Yeh i know, they models with description low-poly are used as infantry in RTS game, aka strategy game like Command and Conquer 3, in those games, you can't even zoom much on infantry so much of detail isn't needed.

PS.
Just took apz's buster sword and reskinned it into non-rusty version.

« Last Edit: 2008-06-27 01:37:25 by Aurenasek116 »

Alkor

• O_o
    • View Profile
Aurenasek116 release? 8-)

apz freak

• View Profile
I still have the undirty version, but you made your own, that works! :wink:

Oh by the way...

I finally put Chibi Sephy in the game. It's a shame you never really get to see him up close that much!
« Last Edit: 2008-06-27 08:12:16 by apz freak »

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
Well.
I can't release without Apz's permission since it's his model + there is something else to it.
And Sephiroth, sadly he can't be released for the same reasons as Apz's one, it's simply remodel of a ported model.

squallff8

• View Profile
Hmmm...Do you planning to make your own model? :?

JordieBo

• View Profile
Did you make that Genesis yourself?
It looks awesome and I bet it would look great it FF7.
You gonna release it?
I would get it! :P

apz freak

• View Profile
Decided to make all of the variations of Sephiroth in the game, Hope you enjoy!