Author Topic: How to make Pillar Reno always attack Cloud first ?  (Read 2589 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
You know, with his Pyramid thing... It can obviously be done through AI-editing, but I can't figure out how to do it. Tried reading NFITC1's tutorials dozens of times, but it didn't help :( Too complicated for me to grasp, I guess. I can edit easy stuff like what magics / attacks enemies do, but changing targets is another matter entirely. I can't even recognize the line(s) (ie. the opcode(s) & argument(s)) that take care of targeting.

So I'm here, creating this thread. The question is in the title. I noticed that Reno, on top of the Sector 7 pillar, has three pyramid attacks. And I made it so that the Pyramid enemy only appears, when a particular pyramid attack connects (the one that targets Cloud). That is because nasty glitches occur, when there are more than one Pyramid enemy at a time. And unfortunately for my mod, sometimes, Reno never uses his Pyramid on Cloud - making this boss fight a complete joke. But when the Pyramid appears, the fun starts :D (I don't want to reveal too much to keep the surprise intact ;) ).

I want this damn Turk to always target Cloud at the beginning of the battle (just before he says "try and break it if you can"). Please help an AI-illiterate guy !
« Last Edit: 2010-10-10 21:05:45 by Armorvil »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: How to make Pillar Reno always attack Cloud first ?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-10 23:35:36 »
To target a specific player:
Code: [Select]
12  2070
02  20A0
01  4060
60  XX
Where XX is player ID. I can't remember Cloud's ID though.
After he has used the Pyramid once, you should avoid him always targeting Cloud by a flag or something.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Pillar Reno always attack Cloud first ?
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-11 09:08:27 »
Thank you very much, Joe !  ;D

If I had to issue a guess, Cloud's ID would be 00. I'm gonna test this tonight, after work.

After he has used the Pyramid once, you should avoid him always targeting Cloud by a flag or something

Ahhh, yes... ...If Reno continues targeting Cloud with his stick, ElectroMag Rod and stuff for the whole fight after that, this is not good. Any insight on how I can add a flag to get his targeting back to randomness ?

Oh, and since Reno has three different Pyramid attacks (one for each party member), are you sure your code will make him use the right attack on Cloud ? Because if your code makes it so that Reno casts on Cloud the Pyramid that he was supposed to cast on Barret, then the Pyramid enemy still won't appear... Actually, I just want Reno to always use the pyramid destined to Cloud at the beginning, no matter which character he ends up targeting (so, my topic title is a little misleading)...

EDIT:

Never mind, I managed to do it - and without AI editing :D

But first things first : I said stupid things above, and I have to apologize. Here is the thing : I forgot that months ago, to remove the Pyramids that appear on both Barret and Tifa, I simply removed the enemies from the formation (I entered FFFF in place of their ID). So, because of this, only the Pyramid on Cloud appears.

Now, the reason why I made this thread : I wanted the Pyramid enemy to always appear at the start of the fight. What I just forgot to do yesterday, was look at the Formation tab in Proud Clod. At the Pyramid's Battle Flag, in particular. All enemies that are present right from the start in a battle, have this flag : FFFFFFFF. And enemies that don't appear in the beginning and are "summoned" through AI have this flag : FFE6FFFF. So, all I had to do, was turn the Pyramid's FFE6FFFF to FFFFFFFF. But sadly, Proud Clod doesn't allow one to edit this flag (yet ?).

So I extracted scene103 to a folder, and opened it in my favorite hex-editor. Searched for the values FFE6FFFF, and didn't find anything. Normal : bytes are "reversed" in the actual data, dumb armorvil. So I searched for E6FFFFFF, and bingo ! I found the string values. Changed the values for enemy 0031 (Pyramid) to FFFFFFFF, and reloaded the scene in Proud Clod... ...And now, the Pyramid is present as soon as the battle starts ! :D

Sorry for once again creating a topic to ask a question I answered by myself few hours later... ...Feel free to lock this thread (Still, thank you for the info Joe ; I'm sure I'm gonna need this code sooner or later ;)).
« Last Edit: 2010-10-11 23:00:06 by Armorvil »