Author Topic: 7th Heaven :Translate ff7.exe text?  (Read 2938 times)

markul

• View Profile
7th Heaven :Translate ff7.exe text?
« on: 2020-04-22 13:37:33 »
Hi
My question its if is posible, in some way, translate the texts of the .exe in the 7th heaven with a mod? . I tried with hex edit(i dont really know so much about this but i tested it in many ways :/ ) but i dont get any change :(, the only thing that i can do its translate the ff7.exe ,rename it and change the .exe setting in 7H.... but that only provoque other problems O_o

Thanks  ;D

edit: i think i see the problem...not as easy as i thinking(and not expected it was easy thing :/ )
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 10:00:55 by markul »

markul

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven :Translate ff7.exe text?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-26 08:55:28 »
Possible with hext, but it took me a while to know why it didnt change where i specified xD

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-27 18:01:39 »
Wouldn't be easier to use TouphScript?

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-27 19:53:48 »
Wouldn't be easier to use TouphScript?
¿?  TouphScript changes the text in a .exe file, but you cant import a .exe file in 7th heaven with your mod.

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-27 21:33:57 »
¿?  TouphScript changes the text in a .exe file, but you cant import a .exe file in 7th heaven with your mod.

You can't import an exe file, but you can make an hext file that changes temporarily the original exe. In the end the result is the same.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-28 12:32:38 »
You can't import an exe file, but you can make an hext file that changes temporarily the original exe. In the end the result is the same.
¿? Its not the same result, you cant import the .exe, hext its the only thing that let you modify the .exe of the 7th heaven when you import the mod. how it could be the same result if it dont work?
Anyway, im already get all the hexadecimal Strings  translateds and working in my mod.

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-28 13:05:16 »
¿? Its not the same result, you cant import the .exe, hext its the only thing that let you modify the .exe of the 7th heaven when you import the mod. how it could be the same result if it dont work?
Anyway, im already get all the hexadecimal Strings  translateds and working in my mod.

I'm not sure I understand, but hext files do work to translate the .exe file, that is a fact. You have to go a roundabout way in order to implement them, but they work.

But I see you already found a solution so talking about it is pointless now   :wink:

Good luck with your project.