Author Topic: Re: What truly happened everywhere except in FF7??  (Read 7020 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
The most tearful Final Fantasy games that made me feel something is final fantasy 10 and crisis core. In ff9 it was kind of happy and its the same with ff8. In ff12 I just felt relief that I actually finished it. Never played 13 so I don't know about that.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Re: What truly happened everywhere except in FF7??
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-30 07:50:00 »
I swear FFX gets me bawlin every time. Only other think is the epilogue movie of Samurai X when Kenshin dies.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-30 08:12:54 »
I was really into that Samurai X stuff when I was a kid. But aren't we getting a little off topic?? But I guess all the answers needed was already answered.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-30 13:52:58 »
I never finished FFX. The farthest I can REMEMBER that I got is meeting Lulu..?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-30 14:02:35 »
Meeting Lulu?? Its like you never even played the game when you only get to that part. That part is early man. Its not even 1/4 of the story.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-30 15:37:09 »
Meeting Lulu?? Its like you never even played the game when you only get to that part. That part is early man. Its not even 1/4 of the story.

No I got to the end where you're inside Sin but I can't remember anything about the game. It was a long time ago and then my sister overwrote my save data so I never really started it again.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-30 15:42:29 »
Well if you really want to play final fantasy games I recommend playing FFX too. I liked it but ff7 remains as my top final fantasy game. FFX also have kind of cool characters and nice story too. :)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-30 19:03:31 »
Well if you really want to play final fantasy games I recommend playing FFX too. I liked it but ff7 remains as my top final fantasy game. FFX also have kind of cool characters and nice story too. :)
Really? I'd still have to say FF8 is my favorite. FF7/X are close but if I had to make a decision 7 would be second and X 3rd. Alot of people liked FF9 but it just wasnt really my thing. Felt like a step back in graphics and maturity of the final fantasy series to me.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-30 19:09:37 »
Well I liked FF7 more for the reason that FF8 is too much mature so its our own criteria on what we think is the best. :)

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-31 00:18:21 »
I say FFX had the worst characters of any game I have ever played. FF8 is, well, probably not second worst, but still somewhere remarkably near the bottom. I also didn't enjoy 8s gameplay or, ah, overarching plotline as much as 10s.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-31 00:26:52 »
I liked Final Fantasy VIIIs GF concept, but hated its magic. I hated the fact you had to draw magic or card mod cards into items then mod the items into magic. I also hated the fact you couldn't hold all magic but could only hold 32.

----------SPOILER ALERT----------
The story of Final Fantasy VIII was kind of stupid to be honest. It's just a coincidence they all grew up together? It's a coincidence that the sorceress was the person who took care of them? I didn't really like the coincidental part of the game. I also didn't like the fact that you had these strange dreams about Laguna, Kiros, and Ward. They have basically NOTHING to do with the problem at hand. Of course they do give you information on the past and give you the background of Laguna. Which leads me to a question, is Laguna Squall's father? It doesn't really say it in the game but there are a lot of things that point to that.
----------END SPOILER ALERT----------

The one game I loved and was extremely good was Final Fantasy XII. This game is definitely in my top 3 Final Fantasy games. I love the battle style and the learning grid. Sadly, I never got to finish it and probably never will considering I sold my PS2 about a year ago along with all my games. Anyone want to send me their PS2, Final Fantasy X, and Final Fantasy XII? Nah, I'm just kidding. :P
« Last Edit: 2010-05-31 00:28:32 by DarkFang »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-31 07:38:56 »
I can't read your spoiler alert. I also never played any remake of the older final fantasy games for the wii. Are they good??

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-31 07:49:42 »
I can't read your spoiler alert. I also never played any remake of the older final fantasy games for the wii. Are they good??

Lol my first instinct on those alerts are to higlight the text and paste into my adress bar to read

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-31 08:21:52 »
Well my first instinct was to open notepad and paste the text there. ;D But I do believe Squall isn't Laguna's father. But when the first time I played it I thought Laguna was his friend in the past or brother. :)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-31 08:34:09 »
Spoilers that I'm not going to make mini sized

Laguna is Squalls father. There was two girls he fell in love with. One that was a singer who in the game shared the eyes on me tune. She ended up being Rinoa's mother with Laguna's General after the General sent Laguna off to a battle. Laguna eventually met Raine, fell in love with her and married her. He had to go off to find his adopted daughter when Raine was pregnant. She died giving birth and with no father around Squall got put into Edea's orphanage and eventually taken in by Balamb Garden.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-31 08:36:27 »
Woah!! Squall's mother is Raine?? Hell I didn't knew that. I know about Raine being pregnant and dying but I never knew it was Squall. Heck I probably have to play the game again to understand it better.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-08 21:17:04 »
Woah!! Squall's mother is Raine?? Hell I didn't knew that. I know about Raine being pregnant and dying but I never knew it was Squall. Heck I probably have to play the game again to understand it better.

It's only very subtly hinted at in the game. The major tells are things Laguna says after you find out he's the president of Esthar and a couple of lines from Kiros and Ward on the Ragnarok after this.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-09 02:09:37 »
Plus Squall inhabits the body of Laguna in the past...and probably the biggest tell tale sign is that the Moomba's call Squall "Laguna", as they sense who a person is by their blood.

They present no difficulty in communicating with other Moombas and Shumi, and can recognize, and maybe track, someone's DNA by licking their blood. As such, they are prone to mistake an individual for someone else due to the individuals sharing DNA.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-09 09:46:17 »
Plus Squall inhabits the body of Laguna in the past...and probably the biggest tell tale sign is that the Moomba's call Squall "Laguna", as they sense who a person is by their blood.

They present no difficulty in communicating with other Moombas and Shumi, and can recognize, and maybe track, someone's DNA by licking their blood. As such, they are prone to mistake an individual for someone else due to the individuals sharing DNA.

This is proof enough. Hmm last question for Squall, does he know that Laguna is his father??

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-09 10:40:17 »
um.... (well, spoiler alert somewhat if you care)

If you ask me Raine and Laguna being Squall's parents are pretty damn obvious after playing the game.
@DarkFang
I dunno what you mean 'bout coincidence. By sorceress I guess you mean the final villain, Ultimecia (or whatever her name was). Edea is also a sorceress, but not the only one. Edea and Cid ran an orphanage were these kids went, including the ff8 main cast (how Squall ended up here is explained above). Later Edea was possessed by the sorceress. I don't remember exactly how it went down, but eventually Cid started the Garden to kill Ultimecia. 'Cause he was the orphanage leader, Squall and the rest were drafted in.

It's a long time since I played the game, thus I might be a bit off, but I think I'm pretty close here.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-09 12:23:34 »
um.... (well, spoiler alert somewhat if you care)

If you ask me Raine and Laguna being Squall's parents are pretty damn obvious after playing the game.
@DarkFang
I dunno what you mean 'bout coincidence. By sorceress I guess you mean the final villain, Ultimecia (or whatever her name was). Edea is also a sorceress, but not the only one. Edea and Cid ran an orphanage were these kids went, including the ff8 main cast (how Squall ended up here is explained above). Later Edea was possessed by the sorceress. I don't remember exactly how it went down, but eventually Cid started the Garden to kill Ultimecia. 'Cause he was the orphanage leader, Squall and the rest were drafted in.

It's a long time since I played the game, thus I might be a bit off, but I think I'm pretty close here.
Its close with what I think too. Ultimecia is from the future(or past I forgot) and she wants to be the strong or ruler of the world from what I remember by messing with the past by the help of Ellone. Also Ultimecia is a sorceress so she needs to take control of a sorceress in the present. That is Edea.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-09 16:55:46 »
(quoting from the wikia)
According to the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania, Ultimecia's actions are driven mostly by a means to escape her destined defeat at the hands of this "Legendary SeeD." Ultimecia's knowledge of this fate could be the main instigation for her desire of bringing about the phenomenon of Time Compression, by which all time would merge. Through the Time Compression spell, Ultimecia could absorb all time, space, and existence, thus becoming "a living god," incapable of dying. With this power, Ultimecia would be completely omnipotent, and could control all time, space, and existence, effectively preventing her fated demise.

It is made clear from her inauguration speech in Deling City that she has suffered through intense persecution. Future generations were aware of the coming of Ultimecia because of her failure to complete Time Compression. They likely reacted by targeting all sorceresses for persecution and isolation, because of the fear that any one of them could eventually become the "cold-blooded tyrant" that Ultimecia speaks of.

Ultimecia was condemned for crimes she had not even committed yet. This prejudice and condemnation (and perhaps the actions that spawn from such states) is perhaps what prompted her into becoming a wrathful sorceress. Sadly, it is through Ultimecia's desire to alter time and escape her fated persecution and defeat that the terms of her destiny are fulfilled. Her downfall at the hands of Squall Leonhart and his comrades perpetuates the cycle that will lead to the formation of SeeD and the continued persecution of Sorceresses unto her era.