Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425392 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #175 on: 2005-05-30 18:21:22 »
Well i like them but it ok if you dont you dont have to use what Reunion is doing. I like what he is doing but the model's are abit big for me seeing the battle model's look like men. And the field look like kids that about it and that why i what to resize them.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005-05-30 19:23:07 »
Quote from: JPWest
xspudx... go away?

*cough* no
i do like what he's doing i think its great its just the way they look there proportion is too big, best of luck to him because i'll be definetly downloading this patch, its just the models are too big, anyway to fix that?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005-05-30 19:26:54 »
Well i can tell you but if you read all the posts you would know so go read them

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005-05-30 21:49:03 »
Nice pics. Seems like you're making pretty good progress Reunion. Looking forward to the next installment.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005-05-30 23:02:13 »
i have read them thank you very much

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005-05-30 23:30:36 »
Ahhh... nice work Reunion.
About the clipping problem, couldn't be fixed by setting all the Y values from the p models higher? I'll try it latter.
xspud, I think I don't undersand very well what you are asking for. What do you mean exactly by "left how it is"?
PD.: I'll release the tool i've been talking about tomorrow. It doesn't work perfectly but it works... somehow.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005-05-30 23:34:30 »
i dont know myself, it just doesnt look right to me... but im not against it, urgh i need a lie down

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005-05-31 00:51:48 »
Ok it could be somewhat smaller but from the way I see it not much.

Here is a front port view of the old model and mine they are about the same size accept the Y value...

This is what would happen if you made the Y value the same as the old clouds. He can not be that small. Also I will not SD any model.

Setting all the Y values from the p models higher... good idea but I tried that already. When the leg are above the root they rotate against the hip.

Astaldoath

awesome
« Reply #183 on: 2005-05-31 03:33:42 »
nice cloud model now if only there was a team to revamp the entire game in better graphics :( If i could help i would. I still think square enix should remake this with a nicer engine. Awesome field models though, ill definitly use em if they fit in the game good

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005-05-31 13:27:39 »
its called final fantasy VII remake for ps3, is that still going ahead? or is it fake?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005-05-31 14:07:34 »
There is an FF7 technical demo for PS3, but Square already said that they aren't going to do the remake. So well, you see, no remake.
Too bad, because this would give them a lot of money. I don't understand why do they refuse to remake FF7 while they keep "remaking" their older games for newer systems.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2005-05-31 14:10:19 »
damn it! did you see how fine those graphics were! we should all sign a pertision or whatever the word is an send it to enix

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2005-05-31 14:35:48 »
It's a backwards compatability thing, Squeenix said they wouldn't remake FFVII when it could still run on an up to date console (the ps2 and ps3 both play games off the older systems).  The difference with FFI - FFVI is that they were NES/SNES games before, and were updated/ported to ps1.

So evn though the game would probably sell reasonably, they won't do a remake as it is because people that want the game can still play in on their next gen console.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #188 on: 2005-05-31 16:42:37 »
Quote from: xspudx
damn it! did you see how fine those graphics were! we should all sign a pertision or whatever the word is an send it to enix

Quote from: Qhimm
*imagines the number of online petitions that will be started because of this*

8)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2005-05-31 22:57:49 »
Doh! I'm late! Well, i've put my editing program on the Programming feed-back section (I supose that's the right place). It's still very simple and quiet buggy, but it may be of some use. I'll try to make it better with new releases.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2005-06-01 07:33:20 »
Quote from: Reunion
Ok it could be somewhat smaller but from the way I see it not much.
*image*
Here is a front port view of the old model and mine they are about the same size accept the Y value...
*image*
This is what would happen if you made the Y value the same as the old clouds. He can not be that small. Also I will not SD any model.

Setting all the Y values from the p models higher... good idea but I tried that already. When the leg are above the root they rotate against the hip.

Well...how would RedXIII fare if you set his X/Y (and Z?) values to that of the original "stock" model?  Considering he's not one to stand upright on two feet and all......

MaTiAz

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005-06-01 19:26:47 »
Quote from: Borde
There is an FF7 technical demo for PS3, but Square already said that they aren't going to do the remake. So well, you see, no remake.
Too bad, because this would give them a lot of money. I don't understand why do they refuse to remake FF7 while they keep "remaking" their older games for newer systems.

OT, but I still have to say that Square-Enix should have made the sequel for FFVII instead of FFX. IMO FFX&FFX-2 are propably the worst FFs ever.
FFVII was kinda like too short (but it still had a lot to offer if you wanted to fully complete the game)  :D

Astaldoath

« Reply #192 on: 2005-06-01 19:54:45 »
Lets start a petition. Honestly, I think we could get enough signatures. I love ff7, it is one of the greatest games of all time and I think it deserves a re make.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2005-06-01 20:20:59 »
Don't you think that's done like, a thousand times before?
Just wait and see. I have given up hope on a new FF7 long ago.

Astaldoath

« Reply #194 on: 2005-06-01 23:40:05 »
hmmmm it guess its off to the headquarters then..

Got AK-47? :wicked:

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2005-06-02 09:48:43 »
Ok lets stop all the chat a ff7 remake in here b4 more ppl ask is here will here why not. Just let it go and let all the good moders in this forum keep working on ff7

P.S I can get you a ak47 :wicked:

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #196 on: 2005-06-02 12:16:57 »
Quote from: Astaldoath
Lets start a petition. Honestly, I think we could get enough signatures. I love ff7, it is one of the greatest games of all time and I think it deserves a re make.

Goddamnit! Enough signatures for what? Number of naïve people in the world? You realize that the sensible part of the internet population is looking down on you and sighing deeply when you sign such rubbish.

When was the last time an online petition actually accomplished anything? All you get is the same social status as the guy standing in the street corner with a bell, shouting "sinners repent, the end is near".

*groans some more* I swear the guy who started that onlinepetitions page must've battled with his conscience before publishing his "service", thinking "no way people are stupid enough to make this work". Pah.

Astaldoath

« Reply #197 on: 2005-06-02 17:15:12 »
Quote from: ice_cold513
P.S I can get you a ak47 :wicked:

Cool but the question is get you get me an ak48  :roll:   :z

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2005-06-02 17:50:25 »
nope but i can get you the next model of the 47 what is AK 74

and just so im still on the battle model posts

KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP REUNION

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2005-06-03 21:42:36 »
Here is a little experimen I did:

It's suposed to be Zack :-P. Well, I don't know if he looked so much like Cloud.
Well, i did this to test the option I'll add in the future version of my editing tool. Basically, I let's you kill all the polys but those with one color or the complementary operation. This can be used to change hair-cuts, for example :-P.