Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425420 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #275 on: 2005-07-06 19:29:45 »
YESSSSSSSSSS if i was gay i kiss you all over LOL thx you for all your hardwork i know what i will be playing to night.    8)  8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :love:  :wicked:

Penquin

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2005-07-06 20:09:51 »
Looks really nice. I'm in the Temple of the Ancients, and the models seem to hang over edges in the paths a lot though.

Elentor

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2005-07-06 20:24:23 »
*proud to have beta-tested*
Your work is amazing, Reunion. Keep it up.

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2005-07-06 21:59:49 »
Oh, yes. Oh, yes. I knew that keeping track of this topic would pay off. Thank you very much for all your hard work, Reunion.

EDIT: After a bit of play I've found there is a lot of slowdown during certain sequences, usually whem all the party members are on the screen. Particularly during the Aeris death sequence. I seem to remember there being some slowdown in that area even before the patch, but it seems to be far worse. Even during the battle mode there was slowdown. Anyone else experiencing this?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2005-07-06 23:13:06 »
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Man, sure you've been busy!
Great to see how far this patch has gone.
Thanks for your great contribution.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #280 on: 2005-07-07 04:18:40 »
The models look so big compared to the originals, is there anything we can do about that?  I'll help if I can...

Lenas

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2005-07-07 07:08:27 »
Followed the intstructions correctly as far as I can tell, but I think I've hit a problem..

I only get the high res models in the world view.  Don't see them in towns.  Did I do something wrong?  And if so, how can I fix it?

StarkRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2005-07-07 07:08:55 »
GREAT work!
I'm already using modified world map and char files though. Could you release an archive with the new models but no installer? Then I could install these models manually after I use the hand patch to get rid of the block hands on all the NPCs.

Penquin

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2005-07-07 15:21:29 »
I'm guessing through using this, we'll be able to make new models from scratch to replace the old ones? Or does Square/Eidos(who controlled the formats?) use a weird file format for models, that we can't use.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2005-07-07 20:51:40 »
penquin: They use whats called the .p format, which peeple like alhexx have been spending years decoding.  We can edit the hell out of exisiting models, and we're just now starting to be able to make our own, but sometimes the ff7 engine isn't really nice about new poly data.

Penquin

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2005-07-08 00:13:03 »
Okay. That'd open up a lot of opritunities if would could do new models. Also, during the Temple of the Ancients sequences, Sephiroth's cape clips through him a LOT.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2005-07-08 22:15:16 »
Kojiro demands updated screenshots!

rmco2003

« Reply #287 on: 2005-07-08 22:30:40 »
The patch runs very well, the characters look great! What's your priority going to be for future updates, releasing as many models as possible or fixing the sinking problem with the ones exisiting already?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2005-07-08 23:34:06 »
-edit-

Oh...uh, nevermind.  I was under assumption that this was a manual install that required LGP tools.  It appears that you've got the automated part covered. :oops:

Luigi001

« Reply #289 on: 2005-07-09 16:00:24 »
Ummmm, i'm trying to follow it all and well i don't understand how to use that lgp tools and how to put the files in and i'm all confused.

can someone post an easy to understand step by step way to do this because i'm just extremly confused.

thank you,
YO

mmmmBACON

« Reply #290 on: 2005-07-09 18:02:42 »
Okay, may be a dumb question but anyways....

I can't seem to be able to recompile the char.lgp file with lgptools. I've extracted the files to the char folder and successfully patched it with the reunion patcher. Now I can't seem to be able to recompile them.

I may be doing something wrong here, so I'll give you the steps I've done.

In lgptools:
1)Press create, then okay to the warning.
2)Under browse folder, I locate and highlight the char folder, press okay
3)under save as, I type char.lgp, hit save

Then is just goes back to the blank lgptools program with nothing there.

Also when I relocate the original char.lgp and use lgptools to create a new one to replace it, it doesn't do anything.....

Panga

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2005-07-09 18:18:59 »
Just thought i'd make a small observation. It can be worthwhile using the original char file whilst excavating in Bone Village, seeing as its not quite lined up. although its not impossible using the high detail models, it does take a bit of getting used to.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #292 on: 2005-07-09 23:08:00 »
Are you sure you're using LGPTools 1.6 and not 1.5 Bacon?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2005-07-10 00:23:20 »
Bacon, it takes a good 5-10 minutes for the program to compile the new LGP file, even on modern fast computers.  Yes, the program looks like it's just sitting there doing nothing, but if you take a look at the Hard Drive Activity Indicator light on your comp, you'll notice that is in the process of writing a new file ever-so-slowly.

So, the program's doing what it's supposed to be doing....it just isn't doing a good job of letting the user know that its doing something.

mmmmBACON

« Reply #294 on: 2005-07-10 00:56:36 »
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, okay!!!

Thanks guys, I'll get right on that again. I thought it was just not working, but I guess I just have to wait a bit. Excellent!!

Josephfelicewilson

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2005-07-10 09:06:51 »
Someone should remap final fantasy VII, if they have the spare time to do it. What I mean about remap is that you can make the 2d backrounds more 3d or something if thats possible. Btw, I don't have the time for this or the intelligence to edit final fantasy vii pc. Sorry... I just have suggestions.  :D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2005-07-10 15:12:44 »
I think it was time to post the (little) work I've done with the NPCs. I leave you here the Avalanche Team: Jesse, Biggs and Wedge.
http://perso.wanadoo.es/e/ventanucos/NPC%20reconstruction%20project%20(Stage0.01).rar
And here are two shots:

By the way, did you know that Wedge and Biggs are Luke's best friends at Star Wars? :-P

rmco2003, RPGillespi and Changeling. Sorry for not answering you for so long, but I wanted to have something to show. These models have been made using pieces of other battle models and edited with my Kimera program. Try to play arround with it a bit, it's pretty easy when you get used to it. You can see the result of your mess using Bitrun :-P.

Oh, one last thing, I did a little new tool to resize models and make the SD If you will in a very easy way. You can find it at the programming feedback section.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2005-07-10 15:22:34 »
this is looking good now i if i will start a new game of this
THX YOU

EDIT the link not working here dont now why i will try it later   EDIT

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2005-07-10 15:31:49 »
¿? That's strange, it works for me.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2005-07-10 15:42:02 »
that ok then it must be me

But can anyone but Borde download it