Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079452 times)

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.6 FF7 PC
« Reply #1525 on: 2013-03-19 10:58:21 »
Hi. I've seen a video with thew fight against Sephiroth and I noticed that the Supernova attack wasn't used. I mean I know it's nicer and all, specially because it's a really long fight and I haven't even tried that with this hardcore mode but... what about people who would still like to see the Supernova attack? :(
So my question is, is the Supernova attack really left out with this mod? :(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1526 on: 2013-03-19 20:34:26 »
It's simple. Chanage Supernova's Animation ID to -> 8F with Proud Clod. Scene 231

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2013-03-19 22:58:13 »
By doing this, will it replace or delete any attacks or anything else made for this hardcore mod?

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2013-03-19 23:14:14 »
I've just seen how the program is. I guess it won't replace anything after all. :D
Thanks gjoerulv.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2013-03-24 05:27:51 »
Hey, so I just recently started playing this. Awesome mod, insanely fun. I have to ask, is the limit breaker mod required to do some things in things or no? I haven't needed it yet. I'm up to the Midgar Raid and I've done some side stuff (quadra magic cave, sunken plan turks fight are some of the hardest I've done so far but I beat them. Probably only difficult because I want to do as much as possible with as little grinding as possible to keep it challenging) with average levels of around 65 and no real materia grinding yet. Want to avoid the grind as long as possible. I'm using the 2012 re release and didn't turn it back to the 1997 version because I didn't really feel like it. It seems like with some grinding I should be able to do everything though but I'm afraid the 9999 limit might end up hurting me in the end. Just curious about the matter.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-24 05:29:24 by zuloph »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1530 on: 2013-03-24 06:47:12 »
No, it's not required. If anything it becomes easier with the limit breaker. More HP and more damage.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2013-03-24 11:35:31 »
No, it's not required. If anything it becomes easier with the limit breaker. More HP and more damage.

Dude, glad to see you're so active still. Thank you for the quick response and I do have to say it's really fun. I bought the 2012 re release specifically to play this mod.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 2013-03-26 21:12:01 »
So a couple of questions. I am coming up on the end of the game now with some side stuff left to do yet (Mime cave, HP <-> MP cave, Knights of The Round cave, Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, Forest of the Ancients, Hades boss) before I go in to the North Crater. Just finished up with the Midgar Raid (that last Locke / Venus / Theo fight was awesome btw. Such a pain to steal everything and beat it).

Anyways, question one. Where is a good place to farm sources with the Morph materia? I noticed the tank things by the Gongaga reactor no longer morph in to power sources so they are out and the main thing I am after is power sources.

Question two, where is a good place to grind AP before north crater? I know this mod changed AP values from mobs. I remember the forest outside Mideel being the best place and it still seems to be pretty solid but if there is a better place that would be good. I want to make sure I have all the low AP materia I want mastered before North Crater (extra counter attacks mainly)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1533 on: 2013-03-28 11:42:34 »
The sunken gelnika is the place for source morphing.
AP levels are seldom lowered. If you found Mideel good to grind before it should still be. The important thing is to find a place you easily kill the enemies and get much AP for it.

talpyka96

• View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 2013-03-31 20:28:42 »
Hello, this mod is really great and i enjoy playing it alot, but i have been stuck for some time now.

sorry if this has already been asked but looking throught 60 pages will take more than a hour i recon, strategy for the Jenova Death? all previous battles i have managed some way or another but dam this b!tch is crazy! multiple status attacks and very strong non elemental attacks really bend my lv 54 party to their knees. i should have bought a TON of hp materias right away..
What is your suggestion for showing her whos the daddy?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1535 on: 2013-03-31 22:02:11 »
Death force is a good friend in this battle. The tricky part is to apply it to all your characters before she uses Death, and then stay alive through all the beating (if you die you must apply it again). Or you could use destruct materia + added effect or safety bit.

One way to avoid MP rape is to absorb fire/wind.

You also have to deal with confusion and Silence some way. Prioritise Confusion. The dual status can be avoided with Poison Ring. If you have Resist, use it.

Jenova is weak towards physical attacks and have no physical attacks of her own. Which means back row/long range materia is unnecessary. If you have Dazers you could try to keep her paralysed. Cross Slash works too, but you obviously can't use that all the time. You can also use Slow on her.

And, of course, regen, haste, mbarrier (unless you use ribbons; only haste works).

PaMcD

• View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2013-03-31 23:30:53 »
Hi Gjoerulv,

just recently bought the 2012 rerelease just to play this mod, thanks for it, its great so far.

Just wondering is there any document that goes into more detail as to exactly what has changed, where the new enemies/bosses are, what glitches have been fixed if any, or even any tips for this version i.e. i've seen a youtube video where the guy is spamming dragon force enemy skill against a boss, i've no idea what it does but im sure there's good reason for it.

kinda hard to read thru all 64 odd pages here to gleam info from.

Thanks

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1537 on: 2013-04-01 10:10:02 »
@PaMcD

There is a "info" button in the patch application.

There are 40+ new enemies. Most of them should be easy to discover by chance alone. Check beaches etc, and every area you know of there are distinct encounters. Many areas have one new enemy.

spibbly

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 2013-04-03 22:06:50 »
So if there is a part of the patch I don't like, can I remove the affect by removing the kernel bin? Or will that just messed up the game?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1539 on: 2013-04-05 07:50:39 »
That's the point.

rewriter

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 2013-04-08 03:00:50 »
So I installed this with Bootloader and once I was all up and running just got killed repeatedly at the beginning of the game. So then I ran Bootloader a second time to uncheck the hardcore mod and replace several other features. It seemed to replace everything correctly and the difficulty was at vanilla once more.

Fastforward to Shinra HQ floor 65 as I'm assembling the Midgard replica. I complete that and go to the chest where the next keycard is. I get that and then boss music plays and I get some message along the lines of "Something bad happened blahblahblah"
I'm assuming that while the hardcore mechanics were removed, the encounters remained and the game was trying to pull up assets it no longer possessed. Anyone know how I can go about fixing this?

Tried this again and the last few things from my APP file are:
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 1000
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: unhandled exception
Which makes me further think it's a trigger left over from the mod that just isn't going through now
« Last Edit: 2013-04-08 10:00:57 by rewriter »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1541 on: 2013-04-08 14:33:05 »
You should probably ask in the boot (lol) thread/topic. It sounds like the field files are in sync with my mod but not scene.bin. I have never used the bootloader thus I can't be much help here.

suavethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 2013-04-08 19:38:52 »
Hi everyone. Let me start by saying this hardcore mod is awesome, and really tough at points. So I am at the very end of disk 2 about to go into midgar but I have only acquired one ribbon from the temple of the ancients. The ribbon that is usually in the gaea caves is not there anymore. Where else can I find ribbons besides just trooping it out to the crater and morphing some tonberrys?

AndrQ

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2013-04-09 17:21:33 »
Just joined to report Glitch i came across during my playtrough.

- The Bike rider outside Midgar cannot be targeted by melee attack.

- Inside Gaea's Cliff Icicle room, the third Icicle battle with the 2 Jokers.
    When you kill the Icicle first, the Jokers do not die then the battle Freeze.

- Not sure if its a bug but you can steal an Imperial Guard from the boss that attack the HQ during Fort Condor sieges, making it possible to steal 7 Imperial Guard after obtaining Yuffie's weapon, the Super Ball.

- The Gigas-like Magi monster inside the Crater (After Gaea's Cliff) have a weakness to Curative magic when you Sense them.
(Btw Great new monster there, had problem dealing with them until i used Reflect-All \ Aqualung.)

Also 2 little Questions about *Ultimate* Boss fight :

Did you defeat all of them without Break HP Limit & Break Damage Limit ?

Do you need to Farm Source to Beat some of them or you can beat all of them at Lv.99 With no Source Farming ?

Thanks for your hard work, i'm enjoying it more than the Vanilla game.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-11 11:32:23 by AndrQ »

Initial Reality

• View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 2013-04-12 01:47:11 »
I found another battle that seems to cause a freeze in Shinra HQ. 1 Hammer Blaster and 2 Sword Dance.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1545 on: 2013-04-12 12:41:22 »
@AndrQ
I'm not able to rebroduce those bugs. I target the biker fine and the icicle fight never crashes or hangs (I tried several different possibilities). What version are you using?
Personally I like to use the damage limit breaker, but it's not required to beat the game. It's harder without it obviously.

@Initial Reality
That bug is fixed but not released.

@suavethekid
??? The ribbon is not removed from geas cliff.
You can steal one from Theo in the trio-soldier fight after Proud Clod.

AndrQ

• View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 2013-04-12 15:38:43 »
I use FF7 Re-release latest update with version 1.0.6 of your mod.

Edit : Reached the Turks at Midgar raid and they are...  unkillable ?

Spoiler : They start the battle with a Grenade (3000+) & the 3 of them CritHit 9999 each of my party member, i died instantly.

Is there some sort of trick\Strat ? This battle seem impossible to me and i can't exit Midgar.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-15 02:39:45 by AndrQ »

Lynx_7

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 2013-04-20 23:49:21 »
First of all, I would like to thank you for this mod. It really makes the game much better for more experienced players.

However, I'm not sure if my game is bugged or if this was an intentional modification that you did, but I'm under the impression that my characters are taking longer than they should to learn their level 2 limit breaks. I have done quite a bit of grinding with Cloud since the beginning of the game and even went out of my way to kill enemies with him to see if he would learn his next set of limit breaks, but so far I've killed a LOT of enemies and he's still stuck with Braver and Cross Slash, and I'm already past the Midgar Zolom. I'm starting to worry that my game may be bugged or something.

I'm using your latest patch with the 2012 rerelease. Is there any way for me to check the files to see if something is wrong and try to correct it? Or did you really raise the number of enemies you need to kill in order to learn new sets of limit breaks?
Thanks for your attention.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-20 23:52:42 by Lynx_7 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1548 on: 2013-04-21 07:30:53 »
I use FF7 Re-release latest update with version 1.0.6 of your mod.

Edit : Reached the Turks at Midgar raid and they are...  unkillable ?

Spoiler : They start the battle with a Grenade (3000+) & the 3 of them CritHit 9999 each of my party member, i died instantly.

Is there some sort of trick\Strat ? This battle seem impossible to me and i can't exit Midgar.

higher def gear, install something for break hp / dmg limit and HP plus materia, permanent wall + haste, one or two dedicated healers

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 2013-04-21 12:13:20 »
However, I'm not sure if my game is bugged or if this was an intentional modification that you did, but I'm under the impression that my characters are taking longer than they should to learn their level 2 limit breaks.

From my own experience with the Hardcore patch, Lv2 Limits didn't start appearing for Cloud until a good bit later in the game, a lot later than they'd usually start surfacing for the vanilla game. I've been doing all the extra stuff, grabbing all the E.Skills, etc. so there's been a healthy amount of murder going on. Barret in my game has only just learned Grenade Blast at the ripe old age of Lv65, with others still waiting for theirs so it might be the case that you need more kills now.

You say you've done some early grinding though, which is worrying. You know that the character him/herself has to land the killing blow for it to count, right? My advice is that if Lv2 Limits for Cloud haven't appeared by about, say, Forest Temple (or when he hits Lv40) then your game might have a problem. Reinstalling the patch might do the trick (if the values have gone over what's needed then I think it just gives you the Lv2/3 limits at the end of the very next fight). If that doesn't do the trick, then as a work-around you could maybe use the Black Chocobo save editor tool to manually add the missing Limits to your party. Not ideal, but it's better than restarting the game due to a glitch.