Author Topic: Square Enix talks Final Fantasy 7 remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Versus XIII  (Read 25006 times)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
"The Square Enix developers talk about 'Final Fantasy 7' remake, 'Kingdom Hearts III', and 'Versus XIII'

Where is Kingdom Hearts III? Where the heck is Versus XIII? And why haven’t we seen a Final Fantasy VII remake? Those were the three questions that I asked nearly every Square Enix representative!"

'2D-X' claims they bugged a number of Square Enix developers at the recent CES 2012 show, regarding a number of outstanding issues on 'Why no FF7' remake, and other burning questions from loyal 'Square Enix' fans out there, of course due to the nature of the questions, the developers wanted to remain anonymous, but here is what they said:

About Kingdom Hearts III

“Kingdom Hearts III will happen. It may be several years from now, but it’s going to happen. Once we finish Versus XIII and rest from that, we will start on Kingdom Hearts III.”

About Final Fantasy VII remake

“I’m on the fence about it. I’d love to see it, but at the same time I wouldn’t. It wouldn’t be the same, and wouldn’t have the same magic. It’d have voices, and what about the cross dressing part? And what about Aerith’s death? Would we see that in full next-gen graphics? I don’t think I could handle that. I honestly don’t believe that people truly understand Final Fantasy VII. I think if they went back and played it today, they wouldn’t appreciate it nearly as much as they did before,” said another dev. “That might not be the case for all Final Fantasy VII fans, but I think a lot of people need to let it go and accept it for what it is.”

About Versus XIII

"It's definitely coming, not to worry," said a member of the testing team, "I get e-mails about it every now and then that definitely tells me it's coming to America. It might be a few years, but it'll be worth the wait."

So there you have it, the 'low-down' on Square Enix possible plans, and it seems you going to have to totally forgot about FF7!
Source copied from: www.maxconsole.com/cgi-bin/maxconsole/rknewz.pl?function=detail&id=RKLS000000819&cat=GENERAL
Main source: www.2d-x.com/square-enix-talks-final-fantasy-7-remake-kingdom-hearts-iii-and-versus-xiii/
« Last Edit: 2012-01-19 21:15:01 by e1sunz »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
That max console article looks like it was written by a 6 year old. It's also just a complete copy of the other article. Ridiculous.

Anyway, if any of this is true I'm glad about the FFVII part, because it means they don't want to fuck with it, which is a good thing. Regarding KH3, who really cares? The story has been stretched uber thin at this point... and it didn't even make a whole lot of sense to begin with.

I can't wait for Versus XIII, but I'm not waiting more years for it. It was originally announced for RELEASE in 2008. 2008!!!!

It was announced alongside XIII in 2006, and XIII was supposed to be released in 2007. It's just totally ridiculous. They should never have announced it. "A few years" from now says around 2014, and for a game that's been in development since almost the beginning of this console generation, that's absolutely fucking crazy nuts. Even for them. All I can say is, the game must be absolutely huge. Super-mega-humungous, if it's taking them this long.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Anyway, if any of this is true I'm glad about the FFVII part, because it means they don't want to f*ck with it, which is a good thing. Regarding KH3, who really cares? The story has been stretched uber thin at this point... and it didn't even make a whole lot of sense to begin with.

Totally agree with you

I can't wait for Versus XIII, but I'm not waiting more years for it. It was originally announced for RELEASE in 2008. 2008!!!!

It was announced alongside XIII in 2006, and XIII was supposed to be released in 2007. It's just totally ridiculous. They should never have announced it. "A few years" from now says around 2014, and for a game that's been in development since almost the beginning of this console generation, that's absolutely f*cking crazy nuts. Even for them. All I can say is, the game must be absolutely huge. Super-mega-humungous, if it's taking them this long.
Since they're taking wayy longer im guessing they are improving it much more (especially with graphics enhancements) and yeah im beaming with excitement for this game too  :D
« Last Edit: 2012-01-20 17:48:51 by e1sunz »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
But really, if it's truly to be released in 2013/2014, that's 7/8 years of development. It's just CRAZY!!!!

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
you know what? It's starting to put me in mind of Duke Nukem Forever. and that can't be good...

plus, by
Super-mega-humungous

I completely agree, but for meaningful content. and not the kinda meaningful content that XIII had before everyone became L'Cie....

Nismo

Why on earth are they taking so long with a FFVII remake? I mean honestly they must get asked about it all the time from people all over the world. I don't understand why people get their hackles up about it, not sure if its a good idea or not but think of it this way, we sit and watch remakes of movies over and over again YES i agree some of which are a poor representation of the original but who cares?.

I for one would love to see FFVII with stunning graphics on a next-gen, all they would need to do is change the look keep the story, battle system, items, weapons and maps. Yes people who don't know the game wont understand the truth around it and may not have the love for it the same as people who played it the first time round... and yes they hard core will complain about how it didn't live up to the original but you know what... who cares? SE have a gold mine right there because if they remake it everyone will get it like it or not people will pay for it, the new people to it because everyone talks about it and the old because even if they hate it they will have to see what its like.

I won't lie I might hate a remake but I would still pay good money to play it..... and play it I would and I can put money on it that all of you guys like the idea or not would pay too.  :-P

**Deep breath**

/Rant off

Nis

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
They are taking time with it because FF7 remake would take far more effort than they can be bothered with (remaking VII in full HD graphics is much harder than the recent dire entries from scratch) and I know I am repeating myself yet again, but I am glad they aren't remaking.

They care about money vs time vs effort.  If VII could be made easily and with minimal cost they'd do it, but they get far more money churning out relative crap.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-20 16:31:35 by DLPB »

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
I really would like to see a remake. The worst that could happen is maybe that they add, but I doubt they'll subtract too much unless it's inconsequential

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
I would love to see a remake.

But I have a shitty feeling that they would ruin it with all their stupid retcons.

Seriously, they have already tarnished what was a brilliant storyline. It's just a shame really.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you ignore the sequels, prequels then the original art is never lost.  If people start talking about the storyline in terms of what happened in those jokes, just tell them you don't see them as the story.  Simple.

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
them saying aeris's death would be bad on ff7 remake baffles me. if that were done in modern day graphics, i would shed manly tears.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Aerith's death scene was the first time a game made me shed tears. And I was also sad cause I didn't get her final limit  :-(   As i've said before, I am perfectly ok with a VII remake from here  ;D

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind a ff7 remake either but i don't think that's ever going to happen but they're might be a chance when the next-gen consoles come out (ps4 etc)
What i really wanted was get the ff7 pc version fully modded up and somehow port/burn it to blu-ray so we can play what we play on the pc but on the ps3 ;D and that's me settled
But i don't think that would be even likely..

KaidenJames

• View Profile
Just hook your PC/laptop up to your HD tv via HDMI. That's what I do.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Good idea but i don't have a laptop and my pc is 2 rooms away from the cable compatiable tv

KaidenJames

• View Profile
That's a bummer man. That's why I love Laptops  :)

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
i would love to see a official remake of ff7 but its not going to happen if it does not anytime soon as the company is suffering with money troubles thats why there rushing all there games out for release its reported that for a full release it would take 7 years to redo and alot more manpower then is available to them this is also the reason versus 13 has been delayed so the team working on it could help finish 13 and also 13-2 as you may know ff14 was a flop buggy as hell and very unpopular they had to move the team around so it could be reworked its only sold 550.000 copys worldwide they just dont seem to care anymore for the game that originally saved them thats why it was called final fantasy

MvMcool

• View Profile
That was a painful read on a Sunday morning.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
...as you may know ff14 was a flop buggy as hell and very unpopular they had to move the team around so it could be reworked its only sold 550.000 copys worldwide...

Though I found it in stock 15 euros I bought FFXIV,  I think paying for servers to play is a financial disaster for me right now...

BloodShot

• View Profile
I am glad they aren't touching it. I would rather wait for projects like the bombing mission even if they take years, because at least they won't fuck up the game.

What I WOULD like to see however, is a sequel that does something new, plays like a main FF entry instead of a spinoff, but has a ton of new things that make it good and interesting to play. That will definitely never happen though, as it arguably would require more resources to make it nearly half as good as a 7 remake if they didn't fuck one up.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I am glad they aren't touching it. I would rather wait for projects like the bombing mission even if they take years, because at least they won't f*ck up the game.

What I WOULD like to see however, is a sequel that does something new, plays like a main FF entry instead of a spinoff, but has a ton of new things that make it good and interesting to play. That will definitely never happen though, as it arguably would require more resources to make it nearly half as good as a 7 remake if they didn't f*ck one up.

Thumbs up ! I'd love to watch an ff8 sequel too with a story similar to the youtube's sequel!
« Last Edit: 2012-04-15 22:20:41 by Leonhart7413 »

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
Thumbs up ! I'd love to watch an ff8 sequel too with a story similar to the youtube's sequel!
i would actually love to see a sequel to ff8

That was a painful read on a Sunday morning.
my apologies it is alot to bear but its the truth

Four20

quotes like this make me wonder.

how many people do they actually have working on these projects? it has to be small by the amount of time it takes them to produce content.

the final fantasy 7 remake thing pisses me off to no end though. they know the potential for how many copies it would sell, and they're gonna hold that card up their sleeve until they HAVE to make it to save the company. while i do understand their viewpoint, why blow your load early, it just makes me wish they got bought out and have some other people in charge.

worse case, it gives me a game to look forward to when I retire lol(in like 20-30 years :p)

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Has anyone seen this video !?! Found it by accident on youtube. If there's gonna be a remake of FF7 by Square Enix or whoever, they better take a hint or two from this! It's awesome!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgQ_Zzj7AQ&feature=g-vrec