Author Topic: New sub forum for FF7R/R?  (Read 2562 times)

MvMcool

• View Profile
New sub forum for FF7R/R?
« on: 2012-08-17 01:49:39 »
Hi Qhimm Team,

For organizational purposes would it make sense to make a new subforum focusing on ff7rerelease patches / mods / etc.?

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: New sub forum for FF7R/R?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-17 01:55:41 »
Not necessarily.  It will be separated by tags and descriptions in the same way FF8 PSX, FF8 PC, FF9, FF7 PSX, and FF7 PC already are. Not to mention that it looks like the new one could probably be made backwards compatible.

However, if you have a better idea for the layout, I'm all ears.  Though it works better than what we used to have, I still get this feeling that the forums could be better/simpler...

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-17 01:59:03 »
i already asked this question. i was ansered with its the same game. and with kranmers patch the new release essentially is the same game. you can even successfully run bootleg on it.
I have a feeling that this patch will be where we point people for modding the rerelease. you wont be able to keep the new online features but  the new features of the rerelease are unimpressive. achievments are easy, cloud save system is garbage, and character booster is limited black chocobo is much better.
only thing ive seen worth keeping are fmvs, and bootleg will probaably support this soon enough

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-21 20:45:36 »
Hi Qhimm Team,

For organizational purposes would it make sense to make a new subforum focusing on ff7rerelease patches / mods / etc.?

Probably not.

There are a couple of reasons for this:
  • There will be patches and mods that happily work on both releases
  • There will be technical issues common to both builds
  • The new release isn't big enough yet to justify separate boards, and possibly never will be
  • We don't do it for the PSX or any international releases of the game

Therefore, you should assume that any [PC2012] questions go in the same boards as equivalent [PC1998] topics.