Author Topic: FF7r - Reviving the old rumors  (Read 9196 times)

MvMcool

• View Profile
FF7r - Reviving the old rumors
« on: 2015-07-07 23:15:41 »
Back in 1997, being suckered by the FF7 rumors were a lot of fun. 

We've all heard them - from recruiting Boxer the Goblin, breeding the Silver Chocobo to recruiting Sephiroth - we all had a friend who's brother's sister's cousin's older brother knew how to collect all 12 1/35 soldiers which could be displayed at your villa.

It would be great fan service if FF7R treated us with the option of completing the greatest final fantasy myth of all time: the sidequest to revive Aerith. 

This mythical sidequest would only appear after you finished the game - allowing you to earn an alternate ending on your second time around.  Now I know her death is integral to the story and I don't wish to change cannon (canon) - just have some fun and funny fan service. 

This sidequest would have to be complex: somehow include those pesky 1/35 soldiers, perhaps include some help from the sick guy in the sewer, acquire Seto's tears, attack the Turquois Weapon, etc.   

If you're feeling nostalgic and perhaps had enough of critiquing whether or not the Remake will be bad, good, turn based, whatever, please humor this old FF7 player and chime in with a rumor/myth you'd like to see included in FF7R.

PS - bonus points if you discuss tying in something about Genesis (again not if including him would be good for the game or not) - perhaps he is the guardian of holy materia that Aerith would have to fight to unlock it... I don't know.  Just talking and having fun with old rumors.   

Thx everyone for your thoughts,

M

hian

• View Profile
Re: FF7r - Reviving the old rumors
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-08 09:04:08 »
Genesis is very unlikely to make an appearance in FF7R, unless they redesign him entirely. Why? Because the use of his character is tied to a licensing agreement with the Japanese Pop-star Gackt, whom Genesis was modeled after. That agreement has expired, which is the reason why CC is not being digitally distributed for PSP and PSVita, and we aren't going to be seeing any HD version of it anywhere else either.

Reviving Aerith is pointless though. As everybody has said ad nauseum, Aerith's death is tied to the story, and even if it would be "fun" to have her reviewed, outside of as an oddity, or as a cheat, giving her a proper revival would and actually tying it into the story would just really cheapen the story overall IMO.

As for things they should add? I can't think of any myths or rumors I'd want them to add. Most of them were pretty dumb to my mind - after all, they were the machinations of silly kids for the most parts, who were just trying to impress or fool each-other.
What I would like to add though -
Lots and lots of side-quests to flesh out character-relationships, or just make the adventure last longer, without messing with the original story.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-08 09:53:43 »
You could make up something for Aerith's revival. You could say her spirit is still willing to fight and comes back in a shaped form.
Red XIII's father still drop some tear years after he died, and Aerith somewhat controls the stream of life, so it wouldn't be that much out of character or completly inconsistant.

But that would be cheap and I'm against, off course. I'm just nitpicking for the sake of it.

That would be good if they added all the content they didn't use in the game but had leftovers, such as the tatooed man or the sealed chest in Kalm. And show Sephiroth put his gloves on when he fall on Aerith ffs !
« Last Edit: 2015-07-08 10:04:18 by Tirlititi »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-08 19:16:51 »
Silver Chocobo could have its use. Fly to the moon or something lol. Or use it to try and board meteor before it crashes, thus significantly alter the story.

It would be awesome if they added many stereotypical anime characters aimed at otakus. Or better yet, alter the existing characters to fit a more modern demand. Making Cloud super emo, Cait even more silly, Barret like a modern rapper, etc. </sarcastic>

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-08 20:48:43 »
When you collect 35 1/35 soldiers, they amalgamate into one and then jump out of the screen and assassinate Nomura.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-12 13:35:45 »
Now in vanilla FF VII  what you can actually do when you gather all 35 1/35 soldiers is to ask the blacksmith to forge them all into one big soldier statue. Now just before the Reunion, bring that statue to the sick man in the pipe and when he sees it  he remembers he is himself an ex-Soldier and decides to join the party to know more about his troubled past. Now head to the gym hall in District 6 with him in the party and challenge Bro himself for the Black Spiky Wig. If your character has a high agility stat  then you may have a chance, but beware... Bro is some kind of super Yoda.
Got the Black Spiky Wig? Congrats. Just select it in your rare items menu and use it on the newcomer. He will learn his 4th limit break right away ( Multislash ) and you will notice he now has long black spiky hair. He's now fully playable but can only equip the Buster Sword and the Shin-Ra Alpha body armour.
( by the way, his default name is " Z." )

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-07-12 15:11:03 »
Now in vanilla FF VII  what you can actually do when you gather all 35 1/35 soldiers is to ask the blacksmith to forge them all into one big soldier statue. Now just before the Reunion, bring that statue to the sick man in the pipe and when he sees it  he remembers he is himself an ex-Soldier and decides to join the party to know more about his troubled past. Now head to the gym hall in District 6 with him in the party and challenge Bro himself for the Black Spiky Wig. If your character has a high agility stat  then you may have a chance, but beware... Bro is some kind of super Yoda.
Got the Black Spiky Wig? Congrats. Just select it in your rare items menu and use it on the newcomer. He will learn his 4th limit break right away ( Multislash ) and you will notice he now has long black spiky hair. He's now fully playable but can only equip the Buster Sword and the Shin-Ra Alpha body armour.
( by the way, his default name is " Z." )

I hope this is sarcasm - because if it isn't, I'll have you know that this is utter BS.
Firstly, 1/35 Soldier does not actually mean that there is 35 soldier figurines, but what it actually means is this -
1 : 35 Soldier I.E a soldier figurine that is 35 of 1 scale to a real soldier - meaning it's a mini-figurine, not that it's 1 out of 35 pieces
that you can collect. The game does not actually have 35 Soldier figurine items to begin with.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-07-12 16:25:45 »
No, that's not sarcasm. He's trying to trick the people of this forum, who are for a good proportion hackers or hardcore fans of the game and know its deep-rooted mechanism like the back of their hand.
And he's doing it in a thread about old non-sense rumors we had fun with.

That *wink* Is *wink* Definitely *wink* Not *wink* Sarcasm *wink* *wink*

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-07-12 16:34:14 »
I hope this is sarcasm - because if it isn't, I'll have you know that this is utter BS.
Firstly, 1/35 Soldier does not actually mean that there is 35 soldier figurines, but what it actually means is this -
1 : 35 Soldier I.E a soldier figurine that is 35 of 1 scale to a real soldier - meaning it's a mini-figurine, not that it's 1 out of 35 pieces
that you can collect. The game does not actually have 35 Soldier figurine items to begin with.

It's me who's hoping that you are the one being sarcastic here xD If that's so, then good job ^_^ If not, then... does my post sound like serious business, even for one second? xD
We are in a thread about kinky rumours, you seriously think I'd be stupid enough to come here to try to make people believe that Bro is like Yoda and that the sick man can wear a wig ? xp ...I'm 32, not 14 lol
And that would be the most well kept secret of video gaming x)

Here is what the OP said
(...)please humor this old FF7 player and chime in with a rumor/myth(...)
(...)
Just talking and having fun with old rumors.   
So my Belgian side spoke :p

It's a good idea for a funny thread in the General section, and to kid a bit about the remake.

EDIT: Thanks Tirlititi x)
« Last Edit: 2015-07-12 16:43:03 by White Wind »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-07-12 20:23:52 »
Don't listen to Hian spouting this scale model nonsense.  I used to believe that but now I know the truth.  He's just trying to spread lies and more unfounded rumours.  The only rumour that is true is that 35 soldiers used to be able to be collected and if you put it back into the "script", you can see it's TRUE reason for being. Namely, you become the new leader of the Shin-Ra army.  Heidegger ends up a down and out drunk frequenting the Honeybee Manor with Palmer, and Scarlet becomes a new bee too!

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-07-12 20:49:30 »
Scarlet becomes a new bee too!

TBH that would do wonders to her nature of being an elitistic buttercup. :P

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2015-07-13 02:51:20 »
In terms of priority for the remake, I'm sure old rumors would be toward the bottom. But if we are assuming the rest of the game has been given enough attention so that silly extras are merely adding content and not taking the place of content that should be there or the quality that the main content is executed with, then I think that I would not mind a few of the most famous rumored glitches to be added. Maybe a ridiculous way of glitching your Cloud model into a Sephiroth or Zack model (only in-game with cutscenes excluded), a purely non-story related glitch that adds Aerith to the party but adds no story for her, and maybe a silver recolor of the golden chocobo. Just simple glitches with ridiculous feats required to trigger might be a fun add on in my opinion.

My real curiosity though, is how they treat events that were probably glitches but were real, like the Aerith ghost glitch in the church.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2015-07-13 09:09:18 »
That ghost isn't a glitch ;)  I checked it out, it's definitely deliberate.  It is scheduled to appear after her death as a deliberate reminder to the player.  I was going to remove it when I realized it was there on purpose. It even has a var set up to make sure you only see it once.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-13 09:11:20 by DLPB »

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2015-07-13 09:11:44 »
No, that's not sarcasm. He's trying to trick the people of this forum, who are for a good proportion hackers or hardcore fans of the game and know its deep-rooted mechanism like the back of their hand.
And he's doing it in a thread about old non-sense rumors we had fun with.

That *wink* Is *wink* Definitely *wink* Not *wink* Sarcasm *wink* *wink*

Who knows? With the remake, you're bound to get more people coming across this forum due to google who're not the typical crowd.
In my defense, after I wrote that post, I just came from a remake article, where some "fan" of the original was spouting similar nonsense based on the faulty assumption/misinformed position that the 1/35 Soldier item, actually means 1 out of 35, and was arguing that its use should be expanded upon in the remake.

That ghost isn't a glitch ;)  I checked it out, it's definitely deliberate.  It is scheduled to appear after her death as a deliberate reminder to the player.  I was going to remove it when I realized it was there on purpose. It even has a var set up to make sure you only see it once.

That's what I always thought. Some people actually thought it was a glitch? I always assumed it was made on purpose as a means to flesh out the player's relationship with Aerith, since going back to the church after her death and seeing her ghost can be a pretty smart emotional device.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-13 09:13:24 by hian »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2015-07-13 09:13:17 »
haha,  the poor localization still weaving its "magic" years later....

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2015-07-13 09:17:34 »
The original god damn translation...

It's bizarre how much damage its done to the conception of the FF7 plot - the most obvious one being the confusion surrounding who's really the evil mastermind, Jenova or Sephiroth (although I thought that was made really really clear the first time you get to North Crater, many people just don't seem to have picked up on that), or the idea that Cloud is "just a copy of Zack" (although pre-memory-fix Cloud and Zack has very little in common personality-wise, and the dialogue, even in the translation, heavily implies that Cloud and Zack might not even have met, or known each-other prior to the Nibelheim mission).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2015-07-13 12:02:53 »
The question is, what was the 1:35 Soldier going to be used for?  It must have had some purpose that was removed.  I'm using it for a hidden collectables minigame.  Perhaps the remake will add its original use back in, but I doubt it will even appear.

hian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2015-07-13 14:02:29 »
The question is, what was the 1:35 Soldier going to be used for?  It must have had some purpose that was removed.  I'm using it for a hidden collectables minigame.  Perhaps the remake will add its original use back in, but I doubt it will even appear.

Probably some kind of trigger item for an event - like something you'd hand to a kid infatuated with Shinra Soldiers, in exchange for a materia or something to that effect.

I know that in my current project, my database is already littered with junk items for events and quest-lines that won't make the final cut, or even regular items and equipment that I made for the sake of test-runs that aren't balanced for regular play-throughs, and therefore needs to be cut before we wrap things up.
Now, the team plans to edit all that stuff out as we go along, but with time-constraints, work-load and communication issues we're probably
bound to miss a few even once we think we've finished the product. I can imagine Squaresoft faced the exact same issues with FF7.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2015-07-13 14:17:56 »

I thought the glitch there was that the ghost appears as early as when Aerith is captured by the Turks? Unless, of course, that is also intentional.. even though it wouldn't make sense to see it that early in the game.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2015-07-13 14:30:13 »
The glitch is something else :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LupPtm_YWnU

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2015-07-13 16:43:44 »
Who knows? With the remake, you're bound to get more people coming across this forum due to google who're not the typical crowd.

I'm registered here since November 8th 2014, even since earlier than that  but my previous account was deleted when the forum was under the attack of tons of fake accounts popping out everywhere. I was a collateral casualty x) But I've been coming here for more than 4 years.
But I don't mind your other post, take no offense but it was rather funny.
Good luck with your project.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2015-07-13 17:31:22 »
I thought the glitch there was that the ghost appears as early as when Aerith is captured by the Turks? Unless, of course, that is also intentional.. even though it wouldn't make sense to see it that early in the game.

From what I recall of the script it can only occur after she has died. Either way, it is definitely intentional and meant to be a clever way of messing with the player.