Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Crisis core HD/Remaster Project WIP v1  (Read 28280 times)

vierock

• View Profile
About this Texture Project:

This is a project to modify the game to have better quality textures for crispness and clarity.Im not a pro , just a better version  i will update every week ^^ and please be cool this is  free and i work really hard dont forget this and have fun [/align][/color]

Comparison Shots:

[/url]

More to come soon!

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6shb1i71yszsm6/ULES01045.rar/file (texture)
For the Enlgish version UI *Copy this Part UI in the Texture.ini from this to the 1045 *  http://www.mediafire.com/file/tym2dsl5hla59du/ULES01044.rar/file (UI English)
Only the 2 End zone i are not HD i will update this part soon i finished today the  game so take a break ^^
Code: [Select]
Progress:

- Title logos & Main menu page: 100%(100% un french)
- Sub-menu in-game: 100%(100% in french)
- Various icons: 100%
- Character image in the dialogue box: 100%
- Character models (Player/NPC):90% (last zone)
- Text in the dialogue box & sub-menu: 100%
- Various effects: 90%
- Monsters:  90(last zone)
- Fields & Objects on the map: 100%
[align=center]***important**UI English is not from me but from KaosuReido Big credit to him!!
i just put on french version (compatibilited)

How To Use/Install:

1. First, you want to enable the "Replace Textures" option inside PPSSPP.
To do that, you go to Settings > Tools > Developer Tools and check the box for it.

2. Afterwards, go to your PPSSPP directory
(Windows Installer Version is in My Documents/PSP)
(Windows Zipped version is in memstick/PSP)
(Android is in flash0/PSP)

3. Create a folder named TEXTURES in the same place as GAME, PPSSPP_STATE, SYSTEM, SAVEDATA, etc.

4. Put the texture folder of the game you want inside of TEXTURES.
(Make sure the folder's name matches the GAME ID)
« Last Edit: 2020-01-28 14:06:00 by obesebear »

vierock

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VIII Crisis core HD/Remaster Project WIP v1
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-19 23:48:21 »
Some update :P

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-20 11:07:10 »
Its a good effort, a bit hit-or-miss. You're right,, you're not a pro. The field textures look pretty good but the text is killing me  :-P. I want to fix it for you but I cant see myself putting the time in to retexture the whole game so I'm not even going to start.

vierock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-20 11:36:49 »
yeah french text not good as the english one here you can see the difference

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-01-20 12:59:26 »
I'd say you're doing a really good job! Keep it up!

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-01-21 01:40:20 »
vierock parle tu francais ?

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-01-21 07:12:13 »
Hi, some things I want to talk about.

First off, this is a really great mod and I think it looks very nice, it looks very close to an official HD remaster.

I did some of the UI and never got asked/credited for it. I'm fine with my work being in your pack, so feel free to use my latest updates in the other topic (for some reason, Cissnei/Aerith/Cloud/Genesis aren't updated, plus other things), but next time, you should really talk to people involved. It's the polite thing to do.

I think it's best if you make a NTSC-U compatible version. It seems that someone just has to rename the folder folder to "ULUS10336", and textures (beside the UI) carry over. I haven't explored everything, but it doesn't look like Gongaga is done? I guess you still have some environments to do?

All the English UI is gone and if you only rename the hashmaps, then we get French in the NTSC-U version which is bad. It's best if you make two folders, one for English UI, one for French UI, and two separate hashmap files (one for English, one for French) in your next update. Or perhaps three, it seems you did it for English PAL, but not English NTSC-U.

Now let's talk textures...

The grimy texture quality is great for things like sand and dirt, but not in the Shinra building. It looks like there's mud and grime all over the floor and walls in the Briefing Room, and it makes Shinra look unprofessional, so I feel it sort of goes against the intent. It'd be great it if you could find a way to make it look cleaner.

There's also some things that stand out a bit too much.

https://i.imgur.com/KqCnvxg.png

Some blurry signs and the tree edges are white. Guess you're still not done this, right?

If there's anything you need help with, I'd love to help you. Like, any signs you think I could upscale.
I could make the Lv. 49 SOLDIER floor map in HD for example.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 07:20:35 by Devina »

vierock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-01-23 21:08:37 »
Devina sorry i though was KaosuReido  did the UI sorry that why i dont credited you :(

when you say ((The grimy texture quality is great for things like sand and dirt, but not in the Shinra building. It looks like there's mud and grime all over the floor and walls in the Briefing Room, and it makes Shinra look unprofessional ))

i love the wall in Briefing room :P but is your opinion
 im not pro i make this for the fun, because i love making texture and no i cant make texture for ALL texture of the game i have  life too  this pack have 1400 texture without little texture 16x16

i dont want to change all the texture like a bad pixel wall i make a better version with better texture to be more shape
This pack work for the french and pal English  just play on pal with 60 fps no need ntsc-u

Dont need download if you dont like .

Darziak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-01-24 18:56:10 »
Looks impressive on what you've done so far.

Only trouble I see is the title, you want to remove the extra I.  :-D

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-01-28 04:58:54 »
is it possible to install this mod on a psp and not a emulator ?

Gensoul

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Crisis core HD/Remaster Project WIP v1
« Reply #10 on: 2020-01-28 16:46:34 »
Very nice! Looks much crisper than the original.

I like the new look overall, but some of the shiny and metal things look a bit too corroded/grimy for my taste.

I appreciate the work you're putting into it! I'll probably get around to playing this game again some day.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-01-31 21:25:51 »
Some useful stuff for anyone who wishes to use this with any English version, and doesn't want French UI.

This uses the "xxh64" instead of the "quick" hash algorithm (which the other thread uses). The two algorithms are incompatible so if you're using the NTSC-U or English PAL version, I made a fix (I basically copied English UI into the UI folder). As you can see in textures.ini near the top, I included the hashmaps that should work with all English UI. Although I only tested it with NTSC-U, it should work if you're using the English PAL version.

These updates also includes my updated DMW character portraits, although I didn't bother with finding the hashes for the summon DMW portraits as I'm too lazy for that and they rarely appear.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lnuqz4v4z0zijjm/English_UI_patch.rar/file

Just dump in the root folder and replace all files.

In case vierock decides to update their mod in the future, this should still be compatible as long as you copy over the "dev for ntsc-u eng", "uifrenchpal" and "uiengpal" hashmaps.

Finally, I noticed some extreme stuttering in the cutscene where Zack speaks to Angeal's mother. It seems to be fixed if you check "retain changed textures" in emu options.

Kurizu208

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-02-09 19:15:22 »
I cant get the materia fusion backgrounds to work no matter which hashes I use from all the downloads on this forum. If anyone has got them to work with hd textures and not just the ui mod by itself, what hashes and ppsspp setting are you using? I'm not a 100% if I am using the us or pal iso but it is "ULUS10336" Everything else works great but materia fusion.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2020-02-10 20:03:53 »
I didn't include those because I didn't think people would care, but this should work with my NTSC-U English conversion above.

00000000c08e99b55ddaa501 = UI/Materia Fusion 1.png
00000000cc4cb20bdad96a6c = UI/Materia Fusion Background Left.png
00000000cc4cb20b1b9a0fba = UI/Materia Fusion Background Right.png

KaosuReido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-02-17 01:37:28 »
Devina sorry i though was KaosuReido  did the UI sorry that why i dont credited you :(

Just to clarify, I did the overall UI, but Devina did massive work on the DMW stuff, and a bunch of other clean up and stuff on his own. It's great and he deserves a ton of credit for that.

I'm cool with my work being used in this, so long as I and the rest of the sources are clearly credited. I don't really check here nearly as often as I should, so I can see contacting me being difficult. Sorry.

Kurizu208

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-02-19 21:39:10 »
I didn't include those because I didn't think people would care, but this should work with my NTSC-U English conversion above.

00000000c08e99b55ddaa501 = UI/Materia Fusion 1.png
00000000cc4cb20bdad96a6c = UI/Materia Fusion Background Left.png
00000000cc4cb20b1b9a0fba = UI/Materia Fusion Background Right.png
That worked! Thank you so much!

Apoly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-02-20 01:17:23 »
interesting project! this makes me wanna replay Crisis Core heh

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-04-19 06:54:40 »
Great job! And yeah im totally playing crisis core again with this..
Made some tweaks on zack.. Just for fun,

metalfan49

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2020-05-17 03:25:15 »
Thanks vierock, Devina, and KaosuReido for this! I am just starting to play and the work of everyone is making things look great!

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: 2020-05-20 15:41:34 »
Thanks vierock, Devina, and KaosuReido for this! I am just starting to play and the work of everyone is making things look great!
Hey so I wanted to ask you that is the game running flawlessly for you after applying the textures or do you feel stuttering and flickering sometimes? When I don't apply the texture mods the game works fine for me, but after applying the texture mods, the audio and sometimes videos stutter on me. I do need help with this issue tbh ^^"

Ldy_Death

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2020-05-22 19:38:09 »
This mod looks amazing! Thank you for this CC Remaster textures.

metalfan49

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-05-25 04:28:54 »
Do you feel stuttering and flickering sometimes?

I did get some stuttering and severe frame rate drop. This seemed to only effect cutscenes though. I enabled frame skip, set to auto. Now a few of the scenes do show some slow down but it's tolerable. First scene with the issue, which caused me to poke around the options for a fix was when
Spoiler: show
 talking to Angeal's mother in Banora
. Enabled frame skip to clean that up and now I'm just passing the bathouse in
Modeoheim
and things have been good.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: 2020-05-30 10:00:29 »
I did get some stuttering and severe frame rate drop. This seemed to only effect cutscenes though. I enabled frame skip, set to auto. Now a few of the scenes do show some slow down but it's tolerable. First scene with the issue, which caused me to poke around the options for a fix was when
 talking to Angeal's mother in Banora
. Enabled frame skip to clean that up and now I'm just passing the bathouse in
Modeoheim
and things have been good.

Ahhhh, thanks for the help. :)

Zaiyan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2020-06-05 06:01:19 »
Has there been an update on this? I've been using it the past few days and it is FANTASTIC.

Sadly I had to remove the environment textures for now to remove some stuttering and FPS drops but I've kept everything else.

Are you the same guy on YouTube or is he using your work? - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT_4IyUOy4q61q9gYF95AiA

plxjammerplx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2020-08-08 03:37:40 »
Amazing on pc, but minor frame skips on Galaxy Note 8. Deleting the "Back" folder helped with reducing the occurrence of minor frame skips when entering combat mode on Android.