Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838752 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3275 on: 2016-04-11 16:48:51 »
hey sega chief

how many more days until the dark cave side quest is back on your mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: 2016-04-11 19:26:32 »
I dunno, still working on it.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: 2016-04-11 20:40:54 »
Just reached the bottom of the Northern Crater, here's what I got regarding items from other party members, Cloud went Left/Down to begin:

Tifa - Gigas Armlet - Right
Cid - Elixir x5 - Left/Up
Barret - Protect Ring - Left/Up
Red XIII - MP Plus - Left/Up
Yuffie - MP Plus - Left/Up
Cait Sith - Unknown - Left/Down
Vincent - Unknown - Left/Down
Aeris - Unknown - Right

Can anyone fill in the blanks? I'm curious as to what some of the other items are.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: 2016-04-12 02:04:14 »
I updated the patches + Main again; I try to avoid making updates so close together, but the two issues were quite serious.

Just curious Sega Chief, these patches/hotfixes that get rolled out, I'm assuming these are also being applied to the IRO version inside the main installer also correct?

Kilen

• View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: 2016-04-12 02:49:17 »
Just curious Sega Chief, these patches/hotfixes that get rolled out, I'm assuming these are also being applied to the IRO version inside the main installer also correct?

Looking at the timestamps on the files, it looks like he's updating the IRO files before the standalone patch.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: 2016-04-12 03:23:28 »
Fort Condor runner seems to not work at Cid's house.

EDIT: Appears to affect the runner for every town but Junon. He says you need 4000 gil to hire troops and then nothing happens. This is after using the latest installer.
Also, it seems Cid needs a disproportionately large amount of exp compared to everyone else in order to gain levels.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 05:41:53 by Bowser9 »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: 2016-04-12 03:35:06 »
Looking at the timestamps on the files, it looks like he's updating the IRO files before the standalone patch.

Oh nice, alright cool. I wasn't sure since I strictly use the IRO version to test with graphical mods inside 7th Heaven.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: 2016-04-12 03:42:45 »
SC---I just finished Rocket Town (seriously, I cannot thank you enough for the ability to turn off random battles).

I believe someone mentioned the scene-skip options being reversed in functionality already, but did anyone mention Cid's janky dialogue after you finish up and get the Tiny Bronco?  There are a lot of blank text boxes as well as some not-so-good-looking text editing (the last letter of a line being bumped to the next line).

For the record, I do not have the latest flevel hotfix added (this was the April 3rd one), but everything else should be up to date.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: 2016-04-12 06:11:33 »
Just reached the bottom of the Northern Crater, here's what I got regarding items from other party members, Cloud went Left/Down to begin:

Tifa - Gigas Armlet - Right
Cid - Elixir x5 - Left/Up
Barret - Protect Ring - Left/Up
Red XIII - MP Plus - Left/Up
Yuffie - MP Plus - Left/Up
Cait Sith - Unknown - Left/Down
Vincent - Unknown - Left/Down
Aeris - Unknown - Right

Can anyone fill in the blanks? I'm curious as to what some of the other items are.

I set it so that the items they find are always the same regardless of the path they took:
Cait Sith: Lucky Pill (gives one character 'Lucky Girl' status AKA auto-crits)
Vincent: Curse Ring
Aeris: Circlet

Yeah, I updated the IRO with this latest main installer. Some of the older ones didn't have an updated IRO but I'm making sure to do it from now on.

Fort Condor runner seems to not work at Cid's house.

EDIT: Appears to affect the runner for every town but Junon. He says you need 4000 gil to hire troops and then nothing happens. This is after using the latest installer.
Also, it seems Cid needs a disproportionately large amount of exp compared to everyone else in order to gain levels.

I'd better get to the bottom of this. It was working during the test run but I must have overlooked something that's causing this to happen.

SC---I just finished Rocket Town (seriously, I cannot thank you enough for the ability to turn off random battles).

I believe someone mentioned the scene-skip options being reversed in functionality already, but did anyone mention Cid's janky dialogue after you finish up and get the Tiny Bronco?  There are a lot of blank text boxes as well as some not-so-good-looking text editing (the last letter of a line being bumped to the next line).

For the record, I do not have the latest flevel hotfix added (this was the April 3rd one), but everything else should be up to date.

I keep forgetting to finish that text; I think I was going to change Cid's innate at the time so I left off the text but never got around to it.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: 2016-04-12 06:56:36 »
So with this new IRO that's being included in the main installer, should I report any bugs/glitches I find in it?

GrieverVIII

• View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: 2016-04-12 07:54:49 »
The 8 Eyes in the Temple of the Ancients. Oh my god how do you kill them. I'm assuming they must be bugged because the blue light move deal 50% MAX HP, whereas videos I've seen on youtube (of previous versions) have that attack only doing 50% current HP. Makes them incredibly brutal to fight especially seeing as they don't seem to die instantly to Poison as they allegedly do in the base game (according to the wiki).

Edit: Naturally as soon as I post this I figure out how to do it: Demi 2 twice followed by a Laser, spamming Cure 2/All every turn to make sure everyone lives.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 07:59:58 by GrieverVIII »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: 2016-04-12 09:31:02 »
So with this new IRO that's being included in the main installer, should I report any bugs/glitches I find in it?

Yep; just keep in mind any other mods you have enabled with it though and mention them.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: 2016-04-12 12:31:51 »
I still haven't been able to encounter Sigfried (I think that was his name, the one that replaces the yuffie fight in forests). I remember someone mentioning the encounter rate is higher the later you get into the game but I am at the midgar raid and still haven't been able to get him to spawn.

Miacis

• View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: 2016-04-12 13:06:28 »
Unless the GS Date/pre-date was altered in this latest patch, these should still apply:
Choosing Cid in the menu: an unfinished textbox
Tifa date: two textboxes appearing at the same time.
And the Barret date ends with a softlock after the mandatory look-out scene on the ferris wheel. They just stay there doing nothing while colored lights flash.

Is Alpha Zolom designed to be beaten around the obtention of the Tiny Bronco? I'm not sure if I should feel omnipotent or merely adequate with my fancy holy-elemental spell. Or maybe overleveled.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: 2016-04-12 14:00:24 »
he boots you out of the fight if you're not a high enough level.

if you can actually fight him, you are good

Miksu

• View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: 2016-04-12 14:45:52 »
I found a bug at Gongaga Reactor, if you do not fight the optional boss (Lich GT) there while the first visit and then come back while you are controlling Tifa (After obtaining The Highwind). When you go there Tifa just says "Ruined reactor?" and camera goes slightly up and then back to Tifa and then it soft locks itself.

Might be because I'm not controlling Cloud and events do not trigger right or something like that.

Edit: Also happens with Cid. I tried without and with my mods, no difference. (7H)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 15:28:44 by Miksu »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: 2016-04-12 15:36:50 »
I set it so that the items they find are always the same regardless of the path they took:
Cait Sith: Lucky Pill (gives one character 'Lucky Girl' status AKA auto-crits)
Vincent: Curse Ring
Aeris: Circlet
I sent Aeris Right while Cloud, Cait Sith and Vincent all went Left/Down. Looks like Aeris is holding out on me.

The Extra Battle Gold Match seems to be back to the old placeholder of the ships, did something happen to the new addition? Funny enough when I went in Barret landed on 7777 HP just as Regen and Dual cancelled eachother out, what are the odds?

Shadow Flare when cast by enemies appears to be Non-Elemental instead of Hidden-Elemental, tried a couple of means of Hidden protection and it still hits me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: 2016-04-12 17:30:11 »
I still haven't been able to encounter Sigfried (I think that was his name, the one that replaces the yuffie fight in forests). I remember someone mentioning the encounter rate is higher the later you get into the game but I am at the midgar raid and still haven't been able to get him to spawn.

The encounter rate for it can be finicky; world map encounter rates work slightly different to how field ones do, as far as I know. The forests that have the encounter are Junon area, Gongaga area, and Rocket area; might be all forests, but those are three I know for certain.

Unless the GS Date/pre-date was altered in this latest patch, these should still apply:
Choosing Cid in the menu: an unfinished textbox
Tifa date: two textboxes appearing at the same time.
And the Barret date ends with a softlock after the mandatory look-out scene on the ferris wheel. They just stay there doing nothing while colored lights flash.

Is Alpha Zolom designed to be beaten around the obtention of the Tiny Bronco? I'm not sure if I should feel omnipotent or merely adequate with my fancy holy-elemental spell. Or maybe overleveled.

It's the chosen name; it's too long for the box because I didn't leave enough space for custom character names. I found a function in the field editor though that lets me set default character names so I'm currently resizing them all. The soft-lock is a bit of a concern though; I'll need to re-do that field screen or load in an older one.

I found a bug at Gongaga Reactor, if you do not fight the optional boss (Lich GT) there while the first visit and then come back while you are controlling Tifa (After obtaining The Highwind). When you go there Tifa just says "Ruined reactor?" and camera goes slightly up and then back to Tifa and then it soft locks itself.

Might be because I'm not controlling Cloud and events do not trigger right or something like that.

Edit: Also happens with Cid. I tried without and with my mods, no difference. (7H)

I thought that scene was locked out in vanilla post-disc 1; I'll adjust the flag for it.

I sent Aeris Right while Cloud, Cait Sith and Vincent all went Left/Down. Looks like Aeris is holding out on me.

The Extra Battle Gold Match seems to be back to the old placeholder of the ships, did something happen to the new addition? Funny enough when I went in Barret landed on 7777 HP just as Regen and Dual cancelled eachother out, what are the odds?

Shadow Flare when cast by enemies appears to be Non-Elemental instead of Hidden-Elemental, tried a couple of means of Hidden protection and it still hits me.

Might be a script priority thing; I'll have a look at it. The Shadow Flare thing is a bit odd; maybe it's using the scene flags instead of the kernel or it might be due to ignore defence. I'll test it out.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: 2016-04-12 18:26:45 »
I recently defeated X-ATM Scorpion at the Corel Reactor (Nice Princess Bride reference btw), I got Catastrophe but I didn't get the X-ATM core from it. I got a Warrior Bangle and then I went and talked to the guy in Corel and he says he fixed it up, sure enough I had to fight it AGAIN and after I beat it got another Warrior Bangle. So I thought maybe now i'd get it but it seems that talking to him just makes it attack you again for a repeating boss fight and a farming source for Warrior Bangles.

Where is my X-ATM Core?

----------

What happened to the Extra Battle Gold Match? I was eager to try out a strategy with one of Barret's Weapons but it's back to the old placeholder of the ghost ships.

----------

With Carmine Weapon, is there any way to counter it's Kcatta Emit storm as I've taken my time playing the game and amassed 70 Hours and as such it hits 7000 on each character with no obvious way to defend against it without restarting the game and playing faster. Is there a way to stop him from using this?

I have no idea if this would be possible but could it be programmed so that casting Slow on your party halves the damage, casting Stop on your party makes it hit 0 and casting Haste on your party would double the damage it deals? That way for people who like to take their time it isn't just an instant kill.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: 2016-04-12 22:12:14 »
Okay, so I actually came across 2 bugs relatively close to each other. 1st right after the Plasmabuster fight, when the scene supposedly plays out with him exploding on the bridge, the FMV immediately cuts to the 1st reactor video explosion right when AVALANCHE is escaping. The field models and everything remain intact, but the entire background is replaced with that 1st reactor explosion sequence. I thought that was pretty interesting lol.

2nd, After Cloud plummets to the sector 5 slums and lands in the church, I wake up...and to my surprise, find this lovely friend greeting me when I wake up.  :-D

Now I double checked by playing through the same area of the game twice to see if I could duplicate the same bugs again, and sure enough, they are still in there. This is the updated IRO from April 11th so I'm not sure if these bugs are even present in the main installer, but I just thought I'd let you know.

These are the current mods I have loaded in 7th Heaven as well, just for reference.

Sorry for the uber long post Sega Chief!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: 2016-04-12 22:14:23 »
2nd, After Cloud plummets to the sector 5 slums and lands in the church, I wake up...and to my surprise, find this lovely friend greeting me when I wake up.  :-D

That. Is. Fantastic.

NeoDraconis

• View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: 2016-04-12 22:25:23 »
I think its Reunion thats doing it. Plus the load order seems very screwed up. Also I think the minigame stuff should be excluded considering New Threat modifies that stuff as well from my knowledge. Still that is amusing, if only you could get that as a party member or maybe as a summon. XD
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 22:37:00 by NeoDraconis »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: 2016-04-12 22:52:16 »
I guess the other option I could try doing would be is to deactivate all mods and just try running NT 1.4 on it's own and see if the bugs remain present. It may be Reunion though, not sure, since I know Reunion alters the materia equip effects I believe.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: 2016-04-12 23:15:58 »
So I gave the guy the mythril and all he gave me was a dragon claw or something, Sega, did you change the location of great gospel just to be a dick?  :-[ lol jk, or is it supposed to be found somewhere else? Maybe down the line on disk 2 or something, but then again, why would you? By that time aerith is supposed to be living on that big farm where she has a lot of space to roam around and she's very happy don't worry about her.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: 2016-04-12 23:29:38 »
I recently defeated X-ATM Scorpion at the Corel Reactor (Nice Princess Bride reference btw), I got Catastrophe but I didn't get the X-ATM core from it. I got a Warrior Bangle and then I went and talked to the guy in Corel and he says he fixed it up, sure enough I had to fight it AGAIN and after I beat it got another Warrior Bangle. So I thought maybe now i'd get it but it seems that talking to him just makes it attack you again for a repeating boss fight and a farming source for Warrior Bangles.

Where is my X-ATM Core?

----------

What happened to the Extra Battle Gold Match? I was eager to try out a strategy with one of Barret's Weapons but it's back to the old placeholder of the ghost ships.

----------

With Carmine Weapon, is there any way to counter it's Kcatta Emit storm as I've taken my time playing the game and amassed 70 Hours and as such it hits 7000 on each character with no obvious way to defend against it without restarting the game and playing faster. Is there a way to stop him from using this?

I have no idea if this would be possible but could it be programmed so that casting Slow on your party halves the damage, casting Stop on your party makes it hit 0 and casting Haste on your party would double the damage it deals? That way for people who like to take their time it isn't just an instant kill.

The X-ATM Core comes from Dark Cave.

I messed up on this flevel; it has a few problems in it, like that placeholder fight still being there for Gold Match.

I'll deal with Time Attack Storm by giving it an element or something; or maybe a low accuracy. At the moment it's a physical attack so it can be dodged using the Luck stat. I like that slow/haste idea though.

Okay, so I actually came across 2 bugs relatively close to each other. 1st right after the Plasmabuster fight, when the scene supposedly plays out with him exploding on the bridge, the FMV immediately cuts to the 1st reactor video explosion right when AVALANCHE is escaping. The field models and everything remain intact, but the entire background is replaced with that 1st reactor explosion sequence. I thought that was pretty interesting lol.

Sorry for the uber long post Sega Chief!

This mod is going to be the death of me. Both those bugs are NT specific.

So the first bug is probably because a line of code pre-loads the FMV which somehow carries over into the next screen. That means I'll need to get rid of it, which is easy enough to do.

As for the second one, that's out of my control. I can't tell that pesky machine what to do anymore (I'll make it invisible).

So I gave the guy the mythril and all he gave me was a dragon claw or something, Sega, did you change the location of great gospel just to be a d*ck?  :-[ lol jk, or is it supposed to be found somewhere else? Maybe down the line on disk 2 or something, but then again, why would you? By that time aerith is supposed to be living on that big farm where she has a lot of space to roam around and she's very happy don't worry about her.

I probably moved it for some reason or other. It'll turn up eventually.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 23:32:13 by Sega Chief »