Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4901987 times)

Grumpy_Edge

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #2950 on: 2016-03-25 19:26:11 »
Awesome work as always Chief! Enjoy your vacation/easter.

Few things, I believe I have the latest patch however the save point in the sewer before/as you fight Aps allows access to SP which I believe is before the actual point it becomes active (Mythril Mines?).

Aeris' Striking Staff has 'Attack - Barrier' on the status page, however only seemed to have gotten this to activate once on the party and multiple times on the enemy. Is the chance percentage based? or is it to do with defences? (I unequiped everything and couldn't get it to work) or am I missing something completely?

Also I love how each new piece of equipment makes each character more diverse, and not just plain outclasses older stuff.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: 2016-03-25 21:22:49 »
is it even possible to morph a bomb before you have yuffie's conformer?
edit: it is. laser and tifa with work glove cuz work glove doesnt have reduced morph penalty. measly fire fang tho

also, what else uses antipode, ark dragon doesnt seem to be in mythril mines anymore? or im having terrible luck with 30 encounters and none yet
« Last Edit: 2016-03-26 02:49:42 by selius »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: 2016-03-26 07:19:42 »
is it even possible to morph a bomb before you have yuffie's conformer?
edit: it is. laser and tifa with work glove cuz work glove doesnt have reduced morph penalty. measly fire fang tho

also, what else uses antipode, ark dragon doesnt seem to be in mythril mines anymore? or im having terrible luck with 30 encounters and none yet
About bomb; Put it to sleep if possible, and bombard it with magic, it should not be able to counter with it's growth spell then, same dealio with the boxer mob.
About Ark Dragon; It's only found in the room with exp plus (formerly long range).

When he goes into rage phase, make sure to remove all debuffs from him apart from slow, since he deals 2x for each.

I knew how Powersoul worked, but I did not know this. Goddamn I feel retarded.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: 2016-03-26 13:45:46 »
Anyone was able to enter Shinra manor ?

I get soft locked each time during the shinra fight. When he comes to captain's turn, she tries to use a special attack, the camera get centered on her, ATB goes in wait mode and nothing happens. Tried 3 times, happened 3 times.

Edit: Got past it. It seems to happen only when captain is poisoned. I guess she tries to use an anti-poison skill but results in a soft lock
« Last Edit: 2016-03-26 13:58:59 by aquecoucou »

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: 2016-03-26 20:05:16 »
Hi all.

Amazing mod but Tifa is really overpower. I play 1.35 and i do like  1k2 1k31 1k4 and 1k5 at level 30 =D ( cloud only do 800 +*/- and ONE time).

A question: Is it possible to "reset" rank up on a characters ?

Thanks all =)

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: 2016-03-26 20:19:23 »
Hi all.

Amazing mod but Tifa is really overpower. I play 1.35 and i do like  1k2 1k31 1k4 and 1k5 at level 30 =D ( cloud only do 800 +*/- and ONE time).

A question: Is it possible to "reset" rank up on a characters ?

Thanks all =)

Yeah in 1.35 she is, but not in the current 1.4.
And for resetting Rank up....you are out of luck.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: 2016-03-26 21:11:10 »
Yeah in 1.35 she is, but not in the current 1.4.
And for resetting Rank up....you are out of luck.

Literally resetting is not possible, no. You can however use Ochu (program) to alter stats on your toons, if you so please. (If you have the self-control ;) ). I use it to speed up the game whenever trivial shit is going on (grinding, moving in the field, max encounter rate, etc.).

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: 2016-03-26 23:16:03 »
no, she's still stupid op in 1.4.

you can get a power wrist from the boat trip.

gold armlet from the dyne fight.

she has the easiest level 3 limit unlocks.

work glove by morphing the goblin in gongaga. dirty bomb then potion him before poison ticks, antidote him just before the last tick kills him and immediately morph.

im literally ONLY winning fights because she does 8k+ every time her limit gauge fills. powersoul keeper died in like 30 seconds. limit > limit > grit > limit

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: 2016-03-27 02:27:12 »
So, I just got to this mod in my playlist--although I only have v1.35.

Question:  Is v1.4 playable or are there a lot of bugs people are noticing so far?  I only ask because I'd really love to start playing this, but I'd rather not have to restart later if there's a bunch of bugs that still need working out.

Also, is 1.35 worth playing through, or are there serious overhauls to 1.4?  I tried reading through the changelog but there didn't seem to be many mentions about what was different between 1.35 and 1.4 (at least from what I saw).

Thanks!

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: 2016-03-27 02:47:02 »
i liked 1.35 better. 1.4 is playable but i dont like most of the changes.

there's plenty of bugs but nothing that is game stopping

the rude/elena fight in mythril mines has to be cheesed through but the 2nd time you fight him he's not immune to berserk so it's fine

make sure you have a shriveler item (you can buy em in gongaga i think) or a transformation materia on at least 2 characters for when you go to nibel, there is a level debug enemy before you fight the soldiers to get into the mansion. mini him and heal your people back up, then run away

the yin/yang mob in nibel basement should be run away from immediately.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: 2016-03-27 03:08:55 »
Thanks for the quick feedback!  I was mostly worried about the Rank-Up stuff being overhauled a bit between 1.35 and 1.4.  I really like the concept, but I don't want to play with a sub-par version of the system is all!

Also, the 1-time materia (summons, plus-materia, etc) are still in 1.35?  Or was that all something implemented in 1.4?

Sorry to be a bit needy, I'll probably end up waiting for SegaChief to come back and patch everything anyways, but i'm kinda curious

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: 2016-03-27 04:36:57 »
do you enjoy hard games or easy ones

1.4 is much much harder than 1.35.

But as far as strategy and set-ups go, there's hundreds of effective strategies that have emerged from
players gunning through the mod so far. There's no 'correct' way to play, and the NT Mod was never
billed as being a 'Hard-type' mod. It was designed to present a fun and reasonable challenge to both
experienced players and newcomers alike,

this is a lie. im more or less what you'd call a semi-pro of ff7. i know ff7. and 1.4 is ferning hard until you assemble broken setups. a newcomer to the game would probably find the patch overly frustrating. unless they're a masochist. then they'd love it.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-27 04:39:18 by selius »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: 2016-03-27 08:34:40 »
do you enjoy hard games or easy ones

1.4 is much much harder than 1.35.

this is a lie. im more or less what you'd call a semi-pro of ff7. i know ff7. and 1.4 is ferning hard until you assemble broken setups. a newcomer to the game would probably find the patch overly frustrating. unless they're a masochist. then they'd love it.

This isn't a lie. You can actually beat the game using any team given any set of stats. The only thing which will differ is the strategy used and the time needed.

You don't like the actual mod because a setup is broken ? Play with another setup, anyway in the end any setup can be overpowered.

Mobs are actually way more easier than in 1.35 (comparing to the Arrange mod), bosses are a bit easier but more strategy dependent.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: 2016-03-27 09:16:56 »
Is there a cheap way to beat the Corel train chase? Since i am playing a low lvl run, i cant seem to keep up with dmg and healing to beat it under 10 min. I get to the last dude just about when the time runs out. Tactics i have tried;

*I have Cid with lightning elemental on weapon and lots of STR/LUK for dmg. MP Turbo + Lightning and Enemy skill ( Lazer for a few mobs at the start of the train) on Yuffie. Aerith with Demi for the first few mobs and Earth + healing for sustain.

*Barret with the unfocused weapon + Lightning element. Vincent with a few support spells and lightning element to weapon and ofc Cid with the same setup as above. All of them have Bolt accessories so that Barret can heal the party when he attacks.

Anymore ideas would be appreciated since i want to try with as low level as possible. Might just have to go grind for bolt 3 or something otherwise =).

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: 2016-03-27 09:28:44 »
you can buy the bolt3 items in wutai

maybe try that if you got some cash to burn

protip: the 4 mandy battle outside of the chocobo ranch gives a very small amount of exp and 128 ap. if you're tryin to keep your levels super low and still have decent materia

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: 2016-03-27 10:45:55 »
Even in FF7 vanilla, tifa is broken imo.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-27 11:13:40 by Alex Zender »

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: 2016-03-27 17:21:32 »
For everyone who can't go through the shinra mansion in Nibelheim:

1. Run for your life in the first battle.

2. DON'T, just don't poison the captain, he will be bugged and you can't win.

This patch is a little bit harder in terms of bosses, but, the mobs are easy easy. You have more HP and PM so you can even summon in random fights. The proof is that I can win the first Square Battle without any problem when in 1.35 I can't even passed the third round.

Another example: Godo's boss Fight.

I thought that he only casts you confuse, so I gear myself in order to counter that, but, I have been rekt by his Frog song, slow and aqualungs attack. Then, I crashed to another wall in form of counter attack for the enemy part when he is about 6.000HP where he heals up about 1200 HP. So my strategy was: Big guard in order to reflect him all the slow and frog stuff, and when the boss was about 6000HP, summon Titan to reduces his counter healing attack, in the end I defeated it.

In the 1.35 version the boss don't cast you Aqualung, slow or frog song, only Trino which is walled by Magic Barrier. Ah, his physicall attacks fails always and the healing is not so much in comparation of the damage you deal. So, the 1.35 is easier, but only because he didn't need any strategy.

So, if the game is harder but only because you have to think means that it's well designed.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-27 17:41:49 by BertShadow »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: 2016-03-27 17:38:42 »
Adding some more feedback for when Sega will be back :

- Cid's innate is actually unclear :

According to the readme,
\\Character Innate: Luck Boost//

Cid's Luck stat will slowly increase over the course of a battle, helping his critical hit rate and his Lucky Dodge rate.

while in game, the text box says Cid gains luck when attacked up to 510. The readme is correct for each other innate, so was Cid forgotten ?

- There is two (or three?) blank text box right after the explanation of Cid's innate. It could be missing dialogues.

- Wutai is way too easy. Without over-leveling, Rapps was defeated in few dozen of seconds. He just used Aero 2 once during whole fight. Pagoda is also way more easier than in 1.35, especially the second, third and last fight. I needed 2 turns for the second fight (deathblow), 4 turns for third fight (deathblow + one cure), and last fight was just bio  and then deathblow for 10 turns :/

Also, capping max SP to 255 is a bit annoying because when you recruit Cid, he is already capped to 255 which means he can only get two ranks at this point, while other characters already have  3 or 4 ranks.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: 2016-03-27 17:44:07 »

Also, capping max SP to 255 is a bit annoying because when you recruit Cid, he is already capped to 255 which means he can only get two ranks at this point, while other characters already have  3 or 4 ranks.

The thing is, not kill the Powersoul keeper before Cid. That is because the boss gives you 100 SP when is defeated. All of us failed in the same way I see.

Cheers!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: 2016-03-27 19:37:40 »
I'm back from holiday!

*checks thread*

Oh dear.

Anyhoo, I'll be looking to get a patch together by Monday evening. Seems that some of these issues are very dire, but probably not difficult to fix in most cases; my worry is the damage done to playthroughs, like the EXP debug encounter popping up. Haven't looked through it all properly yet, there's a lot of pages :I

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: 2016-03-27 19:49:38 »
I'm back from holiday!

*checks thread*

Oh dear.

Anyhoo, I'll be looking to get a patch together by Monday evening. Seems that some of these issues are very dire, but probably not difficult to fix in most cases; my worry is the damage done to playthroughs, like the EXP debug encounter popping up. Haven't looked through it all properly yet, there's a lot of pages :I

Ohh ye, the savior is back! Hope you had fun. A question, i have a lot ( and i mean alot) of feedback, how do you want it if at all Sega? Pm i guess?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: 2016-03-27 19:55:28 »
PMs can help break up the posts if it's a lot of text (I've got a lot of backlog to check through at the moment for all the reported bugs); but if it's just a paragraph or two then feel free to post it in the thread.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: 2016-03-27 19:57:08 »
Ohh i have a lot to report! =)

Both bugs and opinions on different aspect of the mod. But ill make sure to write it properly in a PM in a few days, and if you find time to check it out, please do =).

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: 2016-03-27 21:39:02 »
I'm back from holiday!

*checks thread*

Oh dear.

Welcome back :) I was wondering if Yuffie's innate is working as intended because magical buffs seems to remove physical stacks and add a magical one. Barrier, haste, .. The problem is using these buffs her magic evasion can be easily boosted, so when it comes to a magical boss, Yuffie is over god tier.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-27 21:42:26 by aquecoucou »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: 2016-03-27 22:46:30 »
but she loses it all once the boss hits her with a physical attack