Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Graphical Releases

[FF9 PC][for modders] Some layering fixes in p0data7 that every mod should have

<< < (2/2)

snouz:

--- Quote from: Caledor on 2020-08-11 23:47:34 ---I just thought it was worth to showcase what was the result after that change, i'm going through them one by one. As for Lykon I just sent him a msg with a link here.

PS: i couldn't spot the difference in Dali Windmill and Iifa Tree/Roots 1, even though for the second i think i got what should happen: It's about the background below the elevator platform during the zoom in?

--- End quote ---
For the glasses, I had made the texture transparent, but noticed the model is used elsewhere, so it's better to remove the code. Same with Dali windmill, I have made the texture transparent in Moguri 8, but I don't know if the texture/model might be used elsewhere.
For the Iifa, here's the bug:

Model is in front of the field. Subtle...

j.cogitation:

--- Quote from: snouz on 2020-08-12 09:54:38 ---For the glasses, I had made the texture transparent, but noticed the model is used elsewhere, so it's better to remove the code. Same with Dali windmill, I have made the texture transparent in Moguri 8, but I don't know if the texture/model might be used elsewhere.
For the Iifa, here's the bug:

Model is in front of the field. Subtle...

--- End quote ---

Quoting to try to get the attention of someone who knows what's up...

Do you know how to get Moguri 8 working with the latest steam release? Are you just telling steam not to update? How are you running it?

Also: Is there anywhere to access the experimental build you've got running with these fixes?

Tirlititi:
I randomly found another one:
https://i.imgur.com/zhTaKo8.mp4

In vanilla (and PSX), there's no light effect on the statue and only the wings glow. Actually, in PSX (and surely Steam vanilla), there's a couple of glowing pixels on the statue's edge but the glow is behind the statue so it's almost completly hidden.

The Moguri Mod completly erases the glowing effect on the statue, even when it's put back on the foreground. Surely that's because of those edge remnants that were mistaken as annoyances.

It can be easily fixed by adjusting the layer's depth. Rather than scripting that depth adjustment, I find it better to adjust it in HW's background manager, now that it's a possibility.

snouz:
Fix for Alexandria main place people disappearing

https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/325

For each actor with _loop:
remove when present:
        if ( GetEntryPosX(xxx) > xxxx ) {
            SetObjectFlags( 14 )
        }

snouz:
Frank jumping right into the hole:

In map 53, script function blank_pluto_knight_loop:
Function Blank_Pluto_Knight_Loop: