Author Topic: If I wanted to re-install with previous game saves/data?  (Read 2217 times)

Xpred

Hey guys, a general question here.

If I have to re-install the game or any other mod for whatever reason, do I simply just save the save00.ff7 file and replace it after the new install, or are there more files I would have to save? I wasn't sure if the mods themselves (in this case I am using Tifa's Final Heaven/7H) would replace any other files that are important if I wanted to re-install and not lose any progress/etc. Just wanted to see how easy it would be to re-install and resume where I'd left off without any problems.

NeuroSephrioth

• Neuro Sephiroth
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: If I wanted to re-install with previous game saves/data?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-09 19:10:43 »
Hey guys, a general question here.

If I have to re-install the game or any other mod for whatever reason, do I simply just save the save00.ff7 file and replace it after the new install, or are there more files I would have to save? I wasn't sure if the mods themselves (in this case I am using Tifa's Final Heaven/7H) would replace any other files that are important if I wanted to re-install and not lose any progress/etc. Just wanted to see how easy it would be to re-install and resume where I'd left off without any problems.

What I usually do is just copy the whole 'save' folder, and then when the game is ready to be played, I paste it back in the game folder. All you need is the save files.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: If I wanted to re-install with previous game saves/data?
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-09 22:37:20 »
1. Bootleg automatically backs your saves up. I do however recommend backing them up somewhere else as well. Never trust a software to keep your stuff (even though I know for a fact Bootleg copies it over).
2. Saves between different gameplay mods will cause weird issues if you load a save in a mod that wasn't started and done in that mod. Otherwise it's fine.

Edit: Realized you're not using Bootleg. Still, only the 'save' folder needs to be kept. Point 2 still stands.