Author Topic: New to this modification business  (Read 3037 times)

Vori

• View Profile
New to this modification business
« on: 2013-01-07 14:06:47 »
Do I need to buy the 2012 edition, if so can I purchase the edition on this website

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/

I originally torrented it, but was going to buy it anyway, i've baught the game twice irl, it's not like i'm pirate or anything and I plan on buying it online  'm just slightly broke and Amazon it costs like 50 pounds. ^.^

Anyway, I have a torrent downloaded which I plan on removing, it doesn't work anyway with the modifications of Bootleg. Currently i've downloaded Tifa's package, 17.1 gb. I'm following this guide http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183580#msg183580

Further questions, what's the best soundtrack and what cut scenes etc.. Also is there any outstanding modifications in terms of graphics, soundtracks or anything.. Thank you very much for a response guys much love fellow FF7 players :)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: New to this modification business
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-07 18:17:00 »
Glad to see you've walked away from the ways of piracy, Because of that i don't think help is disallowed.

Yes you can buy the release but you'll need to use this patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yeacw1v0uf6d9av

And that will convert your 2012 version to the original to allow you to use the bootleg.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-07 19:57:18 »
Just a quick note, we do not support pirated copies of the game, even if you also own a legitimate copy. Legality aside, a lot of pirated copies have all sorts of changes and mods already applied, many of which are broken or outdated, some of which are not super obvious to their presence. Attempting to support pirated copies is just a huge pain, so we don't do it.

I would recommend buying the official 2012 edition. Apply the patch Hellbringer linked, which will literally convert your game to be almost identical to the 1998 release. You keep their pretty upscaled FMVs, but you lose cloud saves and achievements. This method is inexpensive, 100% legal, and we gladly provide support for it. I can confirm Bootleg works great with this.

For soundtracks, I personally prefer Final Fantim's remastered soundtrack. Bootleg should come with it, AFAIK.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-07 20:07:39 »
Wait, STOP

Bootleg 040 has Kranmer's Conversion tool already built-in, so it will convert the 2012 version automatically. Just make sure when buying European that it's an English version.

If you want to keep the FMV's that Covarr suggested, then select No Change. I agree with FinalFan Tim OGG being a good soundtrack.

Please read my tutorial carefully between the lines, as it already answers all your questions asked. The Mod Details section will help you read, learn, and preview the mods  :)
« Last Edit: 2013-01-07 20:11:45 by EQ2Alyza »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-08 02:34:09 »
I would recommend buying the official 2012 edition. Apply the patch Hellbringer linked, which will literally convert your game to be almost identical to the 1998 release. You keep their pretty upscaled FMVs, but you lose cloud saves and achievements. This method is inexpensive, 100% legal, and we gladly provide support for it.

Is this the conviction of all moderators here?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2013-01-08 11:50:15 »
You keep their pretty upscaled FMVs...

Is there any way for us old-hats to get these upscales? The FMVs were the first thing to go on my original discs (well, it's only one FMV and one one disc, but it's an unavoidable one) and made me make a no-disc mod in the first place.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-01-08 17:51:02 »
Is there any way for us old-hats to get these upscales? The FMVs were the first thing to go on my original discs (well, it's only one FMV and one one disc, but it's an unavoidable one) and made me make a no-disc mod in the first place.
Without buying the 2012 version, not legally.  :|

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-01-08 18:41:36 »
Didn't someone make the FMVs for the PS1 version available for the PC? FMV Restoration or something.