Author Topic: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project  (Read 126796 times)

perico1986

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project
« Reply #200 on: 2020-10-27 09:27:50 »
tu trabajo es impresionante. ¿no habria ninguna forma de que funcionara para una version europea o en español?. gracias

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2020-10-27 14:48:14 »
A lo mejor sería possible sin embargo si lo hiciera, lo haría después de que hayamos terminado todo el trabajo. El emulador guarda las texturas originales con el valor de su puesto en la memoria. Tales valores van a ser diferente para cada versión del juego. Es possible que se convierta la modificación pero trata de renombrar todos los nombres de los archivos a los nombres indicados para su región a traves de comparar los “hash” de las texturas para determinar si se combinan o no.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-27 16:53:46 by eqprog »

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2020-10-29 19:28:14 »
Leave you more things here than I am doing:

Steel door:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/52JkYGTb/Sin-t-tulori1.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/KcLNPfnz/Sin-t-tulori322222.png

Door:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/3w4pKr1R/61.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/wxcNxGXh/62.png

Barrier:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/d0r1Hhn8/4-1.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/vTHZZ3yz/4-2.png

Do you think you could make the coloration a little more similar to the originals?

Firewood pile:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/MGQcCPZf/ori2.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/rFwDVFFk/ori32.png

Molbol and sword:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/02z9X6yb/9.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/qRvPtYtz/92.png

Tank:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/CLs9NSjz/7-2.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/kXshSwmS/7-22.png

These look good.  I notice you’re using the Spanish version of the game. How well does the mod work with it, if at all?

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2020-10-29 19:56:15 »
Do you think you could make the coloration a little more similar to the originals?

These look good.  I notice you’re using the Spanish version of the game. How well does the mod work with it, if at all?
Algunos de los diseños los hago de nuevo desde 0 porque me parece que los originales del juego son bastante horribles, así que prefiero hacer un reemplazo que una restauración, sin embargo en la gran mayoría si que me tomo tiempo en restaurarlos, pero prefiero en vez de adaptar mis texturas a unas peores que traiga el juego adaptar el juego a mis texturas buscando una mayor calidad, en cuanto termine todo el paquete que ando preparando os lo mandare por si queréis adjuntar las texturas que os parezcan adecuadas al proyecto, pero todavía me demorara más tiempo pues es un paquete bastante grande, este mod al igual que el otro que hay aquí en la web funcionan perfectamente en la versión en español a excepción de la carpeta de "ui" la cual me hice mi propia adaptación al español, de echo ahora mismo tengo una fusión de este mod, con el otro más los diseños que ando haciendo yo, para hacerlos compatibles solo tienes que tomarte un tiempo en modificar el archivo "textures.ini"

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2020-10-30 03:18:42 »
Algunos de los diseños los hago de nuevo desde 0 porque me parece que los originales del juego son bastante horribles, así que prefiero hacer un reemplazo que una restauración, sin embargo en la gran mayoría si que me tomo tiempo en restaurarlos, pero prefiero en vez de adaptar mis texturas a unas peores que traiga el juego adaptar el juego a mis texturas buscando una mayor calidad, en cuanto termine todo el paquete que ando preparando os lo mandare por si queréis adjuntar las texturas que os parezcan adecuadas al proyecto, pero todavía me demorara más tiempo pues es un paquete bastante grande, este mod al igual que el otro que hay aquí en la web funcionan perfectamente en la versión en español a excepción de la carpeta de "ui" la cual me hice mi propia adaptación al español, de echo ahora mismo tengo una fusión de este mod, con el otro más los diseños que ando haciendo yo, para hacerlos compatibles solo tienes que tomarte un tiempo en modificar el archivo "textures.ini"
Sorry, i writed the text in spanish but don´t know if you understand me. I am making several designs, some I do again replacing the old one and others I restore them since the original textures, when I finish the package that I am doing I will leave you a link with all the textures that I made in case you want to add some in your mod or are interested in having me collaborate with you.
The mod work perfectly in the spanish version except "ui" folder.

I take this opportunity to leave another couple of designs:

Gold cart:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/7hbxQCs9/30.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/zvMJmJ4r/31.png

Machine cart:
Before:
https://i.postimg.cc/28bkQZB8/20.png
After:
https://i.postimg.cc/MGxzJ33v/21.png

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2020-10-30 20:14:44 »
All collaboration is welcome.

I think I've found out how to merge pull requests from dev to master, it's really easy.

-All stained glass is updated in the church, I'm going to move on from the church now, especially now that I'm done the floor and flowers. I know that the black outlines in the stained glass are very dark so I can always brighten them in the future. I also reverted the main ones to the original since I felt the stained glass was too pretty to be covered up, and it's more consistent with the ending FMV, even in spite of the remake.

- Something I did was redo the floor during Sephiroth's and Cloud's Limit Breaks:

Something I'd like to do in the future is redo the eyes of all the low-poly chars, as seen by one of the eyes here:

Unfortunately, it would be such a time consuming process so it's going on hiatus.

Once Zakkura finishes the train, I'd like to dedicate all of November to the Shinra Building since it's arguably the most important location in the game, then December can be our month to start doing a basic playthrough starting from the Wutai mission and onwards.

Also eqprog, just wondering, anyway to send me the Discord link to my forum inbox instead of email?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2020-11-01 15:44:15 »
It could be interesting to look into patching the game so that it only calls the high poly models

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2020-11-01 17:33:43 »
Banora:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2020-11-01 18:14:08 »
As much as I'd like to replace the low-poly with high-poly, I don't think it's possible because the two models animate very differently. If it was somehow done, then I imagine the high-poly models wouldn't be able to open their mouths or move their facial features at all. The only thing we can do is polish the low-poly as much as possible, possibly using expressions captured from the high-poly, with a lot of editing to make it look consistent.

GameCore, the base textures of Banora look good, although like I said, we'll have to do a coloring tint job. It looks like you're using vierock's textures as well (like the floor and maybe some foliage). Please keep in mind, we are not allowed to use vierock's textures at all. They came to the forum and left without much explanation, and if we did, we'd be using it without permission. Unless they come back and give us the OK, we can't use them out of respect. So basically, you should separate your textures from vierock's. Even if you edited a texture, if it uses vierock's as a base, we still can't use it. As annoying as it is tho, if you want to make a new version of anything vierock has done, you're welcome to. I do think the wreath is looking better. And vierock, if you happen to be lurking this topic and see this, we'd appreciate it if you did let us integrate your textures into our project.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-01 18:17:01 by Devina »

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2020-11-01 19:37:42 »
As much as I'd like to replace the low-poly with high-poly, I don't think it's possible because the two models animate very differently. If it was somehow done, then I imagine the high-poly models wouldn't be able to open their mouths or move their facial features at all. The only thing we can do is polish the low-poly as much as possible, possibly using expressions captured from the high-poly, with a lot of editing to make it look consistent.

GameCore, the base textures of Banora look good, although like I said, we'll have to do a coloring tint job. It looks like you're using vierock's textures as well (like the floor and maybe some foliage). Please keep in mind, we are not allowed to use vierock's textures at all. They came to the forum and left without much explanation, and if we did, we'd be using it without permission. Unless they come back and give us the OK, we can't use them out of respect. So basically, you should separate your textures from vierock's. Even if you edited a texture, if it uses vierock's as a base, we still can't use it. As annoying as it is tho, if you want to make a new version of anything vierock has done, you're welcome to. I do think the wreath is looking better. And vierock, if you happen to be lurking this topic and see this, we'd appreciate it if you did let us integrate your textures into our project.
Yes, some of the textures in my shots are from vierock, and I was only thinking of uploading my own, I would never think of sharing someone else's textures. I have been on the nexusmods forum for years and I am strict and respectful of someone else's work and would penalize anyone who shares textures without permission.
I already said it before that in my game I have a combination of this mod + that of vierock + my own textures.

Zakkura

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2020-11-02 20:35:28 »
Here's my edits for the train :

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2020-11-02 21:42:07 »
Train looks excellent, great work. Can you do a favor and brighten the Shinra logo on the train so that it looks natural? I think I accidentally made it a bit dark. Thanks. I also found some other issues that bug me a bit:

CA on the brick wall, a poorly upscaled lamp, and on the floor, there's a little bright light on which looks unnatural.

I duplicated the quality of the Shinra logo on the wall so it's not as pixelated (since there's a close-up of it at the beginning of the game) and I also brightened the shadow on the yellow warning sign since realistically, it wouldn't be that dark.

I just finished some work on a minor mod pack I plan to unveil in the future.

Zakkura

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2020-11-02 21:48:51 »
Sure, I can edit the Shinra logo as well as the lamp and other textures you mentioned.

Zakkura

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2020-11-02 22:02:37 »
This texture below bug me too. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be wood planks/box or if it's a metal beam ?

Zakkura

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2020-11-02 23:25:59 »
I've edited the lamp and the Shinra logo. Also I've fixed a mistake I made in the Japanese number on the train (different from the remake). I'll edit the wall and floor issue tomorrow.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #216 on: 2020-11-03 03:37:46 »
This texture below bug me too. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be wood planks/box or if it's a metal beam ?

that texture cracks me up

being a construction worker i can say with almost certainty that's supposed to be wood

metal beams aren't solid, if it was metal it would be a hollow box (or 3 sided) or an I-beam

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2020-11-03 13:37:07 »
First part of my pack. All these textures are not included in this mod or the Vierock mod, so it can be complemented with both, you have absolute freedom to include this pack in this mod and I would be delighted to belong to the project, if so I would appreciate a mention in the credits. All textures improved with ESRGAN, some of them also edited with photoshop.

Download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/awag371ojgshtox/Crisis_Core_texture_Mod_By_Gamecore_aka_PMSS_1.0.rar/file

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2020-11-03 17:28:16 »
Damn, I had no idea you working on so many textures, that's like 200 in the file.

The issue is, we can't just add all those texture.ini lines or else our upscale project is going to get complicated and disorganized (and have duplicate files, making the file size unnecessarily bigger than it already is), plus I don't think the codes of the textures is compatible with the NTSC-U version. It needs to be compatible with our hash algorithm.

I'll have to spend some time manually checking which texture corresponds to what and where. The characters and enemies should be fine, but that's still 150 textures I need to double check.

In the future, I think you should just use our pack and an NTSC-U copy of the game, and edit the textures in the folder that comes with our pack, and when you upload textures for us in a .rar, be sure to keep the folder structure in place like (textures > environment > sign). Also, it might be easier to just drop vierock's mod entirely since stuff like Banora and Nibelheim are going to be upscaled in the future by us, so you won't need to sort.

You should also learn the method we use the identify textures (rename textures folder to texturess, texture dump with a save state, look in the new folder, then edit the texture in the corresponding upscale folder, and rename texturess back to textures).
« Last Edit: 2020-11-03 17:33:04 by Devina »

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2020-11-03 18:40:51 »
Damn, I had no idea you working on so many textures, that's like 200 in the file.

The issue is, we can't just add all those texture.ini lines or else our upscale project is going to get complicated and disorganized (and have duplicate files, making the file size unnecessarily bigger than it already is), plus I don't think the codes of the textures is compatible with the NTSC-U version. It needs to be compatible with our hash algorithm.

I'll have to spend some time manually checking which texture corresponds to what and where. The characters and enemies should be fine, but that's still 150 textures I need to double check.

In the future, I think you should just use our pack and an NTSC-U copy of the game, and edit the textures in the folder that comes with our pack, and when you upload textures for us in a .rar, be sure to keep the folder structure in place like (textures > environment > sign). Also, it might be easier to just drop vierock's mod entirely since stuff like Banora and Nibelheim are going to be upscaled in the future by us, so you won't need to sort.

You should also learn the method we use the identify textures (rename textures folder to texturess, texture dump with a save state, look in the new folder, then edit the texture in the corresponding upscale folder, and rename texturess back to textures).
The texture codes are compatible with the NTSC-U version and do not have duplicate files, as I already said these textures that I put here are not included in this mod and neither in the vierock mod, so it could be used as a complement to both. Then, I was going to upload modifications that I already touch this as much as the other mod but this first package is exclusively textures that both mods were forgotten which I reviewed and verified one by one, I will update the package if I discover possible errors.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2020-11-03 20:21:30 »
I don't think they're entire compatible.

For example, in our project, in the sign folder, this is the rope block:

00000000d9034ac76bbcf50f

https://github.com/eqprog/FF7CCUP/blob/master/textures/environment/sign/00000000d9034ac76bbcf50f.png

In your folder, it's 000000002d164594828aa3d5

If I try to copy over the entire enemies folder, nothing gets replaced.

I was able to copy Aerith's wagons at least, those were compatible.

I also don't really see much salvagable with your character edits either. They seem based on very old versions, or they're missing animation frames that would clash with ours and be a strange quality difference.

While I would like to copy your textures over, there's not much really feasible I can do with it given the organization. I should be able to copy the rope block over I posted above, that should be easy. Is there anything you think I should be able to easily copy over that you put a lot of effort into and think it's a good enough quality upgrade? And if so, where can I find it in the game (since I'll need to locate the texture addresses)?

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2020-11-03 20:45:00 »
I don't think they're entire compatible.

For example, in our project, in the sign folder, this is the rope block:

00000000d9034ac76bbcf50f

https://github.com/eqprog/FF7CCUP/blob/master/textures/environment/sign/00000000d9034ac76bbcf50f.png

In your folder, it's 000000002d164594828aa3d5

If I try to copy over the entire enemies folder, nothing gets replaced.

I was able to copy Aerith's wagons at least, those were compatible.

I also don't really see much salvagable with your character edits either. They seem based on very old versions, or they're missing animation frames that would clash with ours and be a strange quality difference.

While I would like to copy your textures over, there's not much really feasible I can do with it given the organization. I should be able to copy the rope block over I posted above, that should be easy. Is there anything you think I should be able to easily copy over that you put a lot of effort into and think it's a good enough quality upgrade? And if so, where can I find it in the game (since I'll need to locate the texture addresses)?
You're wrong, the block of rope you sent is not the same one that I put, it is another and both are in the game, that one appears before reaching reactor 5 when genesis attacks shinra, the characters only improve in ersgan, no they are edited, but we are going with so much trouble that you are putting me I think I prefer not to collaborate with you and take my project in the future as an independent project since I think I am being not received in a good way, so I would appreciate if you would remove my textures of your project and sorry for the inconvenience, regards.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2020-11-03 21:04:59 »
I think I see what you mean with the ropes. Still, the folder is just too disorganized for me, there's not a lot I can do about it. I also tried copying over Sephiroth's face, for example, to both the sephiroth and priority folder, but nothing got replaced.

You don't have to create an independent project, you can help us, I didn't mean to discourage you. All you have to do is send stuff in a way that works and meshes with our system, and the structure we've established.

The thing is tho, I'm tired of working on collab projects where someone's feelings get hurt somehow, and they decide to take down the whole project with them, which could happen with you from 6 months or something if you did help us out, since you're so eager to start your own project and not allow us to use your wagon textures, just because I'm having difficulty trying to merge your work.

Just think about this if you want to reconsider. If not, I'll have to upload some new upscaled wagons myself soon.

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2020-11-03 21:23:50 »
I think I see what you mean with the ropes. Still, the folder is just too disorganized for me, there's not a lot I can do about it. I also tried copying over Sephiroth's face, for example, to both the sephiroth and priority folder, but nothing got replaced.

You don't have to create an independent project, you can help us, I didn't mean to discourage you. All you have to do is send stuff in a way that works and meshes with our system, and the structure we've established.

The thing is tho, I'm tired of working on collab projects where someone's feelings get hurt somehow, and they decide to take down the whole project with them, which could happen with you from 6 months or something if you did help us out, since you're so eager to start your own project and not allow us to use your wagon textures, just because I'm having difficulty trying to merge your work.

Just think about this if you want to reconsider. If not, I'll have to upload some new upscaled wagons myself soon.
Sorry, but I think that we will not understand each other. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and wasting your time.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2020-11-03 22:13:03 »
It's okay, best of luck.

Zakkura, once you're done the train station, I think it'd be a good idea to do the underground lab in the Shinra manor because it's the worst place in the game imo. All the textures got dumped in the upscaling deep fryer. I think it's important we do this room before the Shinra Building in order to even the overall quality so if people decide to play, they don't see how jarringly bad it is compared to the rest of the game.

You can get to it using the "See You Soon" save in my original save file pack. Go wild, I trust you and thanks.