Author Topic: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project  (Read 126043 times)

GameCore

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project
« Reply #225 on: 2020-11-05 21:55:32 »
Here's my edits for the train :

Hi Zakkura, I just saw your train in the game and it's really good, my congratulations, I think you forgot to upload a texture in object folder "000000009d89e545d954689a"

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2020-11-05 23:57:42 »
Hey, I noticed the master and dev branch were out of sync (master had files dev didn't) and I tried to sync them up again and I screwed it up. Original masterdumps are gone.  Anyone know how to undo that?

edit: I managed to fix it, I think. Please let me know if you're missing anything. I had to learn a bit about using git with the commandline :X
« Last Edit: 2020-11-06 04:44:40 by eqprog »

DavrosTheta

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2020-11-08 09:50:57 »
I absolutely love the working being poured into this.

Is it possible for you to reach out to the person behind this? " https://gbatemp.net/threads/final-fantasy-viii-crisis-core-hd-remaster-project-wip.556275/ "

Their Menu Improvements are amazing.

Keep up the amazing work everyone :)

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2020-11-09 01:43:42 »
I added a "mods" folder to the main branch since people might like them and they're low-size.
I've been adding my texture edits to both the main branch and dev branch.
Zakkura should start putting the edits to dev, then doing pull requests if you want them to be consistent, eqprog.

Anyway, here the the three mods:

ZONE GEM REMOVAL

Removes the zone gems that appear when entering rooms so the game has a more realistic feel.
This only applies to removes you can enter, not blocked rooms which have red zone gems, so you don't have to worry about invisible walls.

TRANSPARENT UI

The battle HUD in the bottom right is semi-transparent for a cooler look.
It also removes the unnecessary "NEXT" icon.

SLASH REMOVAL

https://i.imgur.com/nTFJWb6.mp4

Makes it so that when Zack attacks, you don't see huge giant swirls which look a bit unrealistic and silly.
You still get a flash of light and sparks.
Unfortunately, removing the light flashes removes glows from other parts of the game so I just had to settle with the swirl removal for now.

Zakkura

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2020-11-09 20:20:24 »
Hey,
I've just submit the fix I did last week. I've submit on the "Dev" branch this time. Is that ok ? Or do I still need to do it on the "master" branch too ? Let me know if you need me to do something else.

I've fixed the CA on the brick gate + added details and fixed the small issue on the floor. I've edited and submit the missing train textures too (front side).

I've also fixed the beam as a wood beam as you said -Ori.

I'm currently editing the floor of the Shinra laboratory. Here's a WIP screenshot

I've sent you an email too as you asked eqprog.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-09 20:23:03 by Zakkura »

GameCore

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2020-11-09 22:04:40 »
I think some textures from the train are still missing, I didn't realize it, I'm sorry I didn't warn before.
I think these textures are missing "0000000031dd51fcb38fac21" in object folder and "00000000da4e357ac1df27c9" in sign folder.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2020-11-16 15:07:14 »
Hey, I'm back.

GameCore are you using the US version of the game? Keep in mind that if you aren't some textures will be missing.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2020-11-16 18:09:42 »
Welcome back, I've been a bit busy too lately.

I think we'll let Zakkura work on the train station and basement lab until December, then all do Shinra Building that month.

I think I'm going to fix some transparency issues around Shinra Building and remove some CA in Nibelheim soon.

eqprog, if there's something I really think you could do if you're up to it, is redoing the Shinra directory:

https://i.imgur.com/PAOJfBl.jpg

The text is hard to read (should be less transparent and enlarged), that Sector 8 instead of Sector 0 thing is still there, and the map is off-center. If it's too daunting, I could take a look at it.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2020-11-16 19:08:37 »
I'll see what I can do. If I recall correctly the original version didn't have readable text so what text there is in my version is all made up. I didn't want it to be too distracting. The other thing is that the texture is the same from both sides, so any specific information I put on it with regards to orientation is going to be "off" depending on the perspective of the player. Theres not much I can do about this.

Also, check your PMs for discord link.

Zakkura, I emailed it to you.

The link expires in 24 hours.

Scratch that. Here's a permanent link to the #general channel. Once you join I'll invite you to the dev channel. Anyone else reading this can join, too.  https://discord.gg/HHMC2UBq4s
« Last Edit: 2020-11-16 19:22:56 by eqprog »

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2020-11-26 11:05:10 »
Some updates:

An electrical box in Midgar market has been redone:

The map has been redesigned so it looks more virtual.
Could the 9.13 I added in the corner be a secret reference to something?

I redesigned this console so it looks like people actually use it.
Before, it was just a vague screen:

The ugliest clouds in the game are now in HD:

Lazard's coloring (hair and jacket) is retouched:

Tseng had a weird coloring error where the inner portions of his eyebrows were off, so I needed to thicken them a little to fix it. Also retouched the forehead dot:

I fixed two animation errors that could happen when Angeal's and Zack's low-poly model first appear in Shinra HQ in the beginning of the game. For some reason, it didn't always appear, meaning I think some animation errors might be cycle-timing related somehow. If anyone sees any errors, please tell us..

Right now, I'm currently working to darken all of Zack's low-poly hair so it's consistent with his high-poly and looks less grey.

I'm also trying to make this view look better and more realistic:

« Last Edit: 2020-11-26 11:29:13 by Devina »

Tellilum

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project/Bug Report
« Reply #235 on: 2020-12-09 05:37:09 »
First off, I'd like to say that I love the effort put into this project, it's refreshing seeing someone  update this amazing game. While playing with these textures enabled I noticed two things, the first is that when Zack's health is low or critical the Red/Yellow WARNING text appears to not have been upscaled:

Another issue is with npcs, during their animations the textures seem to glitch out, showing the original textures and the new ones swapping at a constant rate. (For some reason this doesn't happen to any Shinra or enemy npcs)

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2020-12-09 05:41:04 »
It's been a while since the last update so I wanted to share some stuff.

- Zack's low-poly model now has darkened hair as well so it's consistent with high-poly.

- Zack now has a new hairline (fade to black). I didn't notice how messed up it was because I didn't have the right brightness.

- Aerith has a new hairline. It isn't perfect but better imo.

I filitered Cloud's hair so it looks less pixelated.

I also fixed the umbrella here:

Currently, I'm going to be remaking the Buster Sword and will be doing some minor fixes around the Shinra Building. I haven't really heard from eqprog or Zakkura much, probably because it's this time of the year.

I'd like to see more feedback about the project from players, like people saying what they really feel could use improvement the most. It's been pretty silent from this angle.

As a reminder, everyone is welcome to contribute and this is open-source.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2020-12-21 11:00:56 »
Hi Tellilum, I just saw your post (didn't notice it before), I fixed the warning, using almost the exact same font (Xolonium).

When entering Gackt mode, the white flash would look cut off like this.
This has been fixed.

The tablecloth in Angeal's house has been redone. Yes, I know it's not exactly the same, but I don't think anyone cares, I like the more intricate design over a plain one. I also changed the bowl of.... something.... into a bowl of nuts or seeds or whatever anyone thinks it might be.

Some cans in the (dumb)apple factory have higher resolution. If anyone spots any low-quality dumbapple cans somewhere else, please let me know.

I edited Lazard's widow's peak area to match his new hair tone, made his eyes a more pale blue like they were originally, and tried to get rid of the weird bright line under his lips.

Here's a Zack before and after for those curious, because I've never really done a full comparison with all these changes before:

Here's some future stuff I plan to do:

-I discovered if you do Cait Saith in the DMW, Zack model isn't updated with his long hair.
-NPC phasing, I'll take a look at and try to improve.
-I'm almost done the new Buster Sword.

I've also noticed people joining the Discord which is nice. I don't really know what people want from the project there, so I figure I'll just post updates and sneak-previews earlier there.

Finally, the RE4 HD Project is almost done so props to them. I hope our Crisis Core project can reach that level of finesse some day.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2020-12-24 06:30:03 »
We got some publicity yesterday from PCGamer.com so that's nice.
The Discord had like 20-30 people join after. I think a lot of people don't want to make Qhimm accounts, but I've been reading some supportive comments so thanks.

The pack had a few updates, so if anyone downloaded the pack a few hours ago, their copy might have some errors. It's fixed now. The project is now Android-compatible as well.

I fixed Mr. Red's armpit here. Armpits have been a bit challenging since a lot of skin tone blends together there. It's not perfect, but you don't see them often.

Another new addition is the Buster Sword is now HD.

It's not totally finalized but it's good enough to be replace the original.
I have no idea why the original is so inconsistent with official art and the FMWs.

For future plans, I need to work on NPC phasing and updating the DMW portraits on the rest of the UI for consistency.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2021-01-01 21:45:13 »
Still working on things. Most small updates are being posted on discord now.

Question for some of the forum veterans: is there a tool to export a 3D model in the .ff7ccmodel format? Yesterday I used noesis to extract the models in collada format and put them into blender so I could get the uv mesh outline. (Wish I had done this before as I believe it will be very helpful understanding the way certain models work with their textures.)

But that got me thinking about doing some mods to the original game which would then be used in the emulator. I just need to get the models in a compatible format first. After that I think I could make a patch for umdgen easy enough.

Edit 2: did some research and realized that am in way over my head

Edit: Obviously someone figured how to extract the data from the iso so there’s gotta be a way to reverse it, right?
« Last Edit: 2021-01-02 03:15:52 by eqprog »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2021-01-02 15:06:23 »
You could try to do a search for MrAdults or Koral on the forum.  They were the two that were most actively working on crisis core.  Neither are active anymore unfortunately.   The original program, before noesis, was mesh2rdm.   I'm not sure of all of its converting capabilities, but there's a chance it can convert both ways.

As a last resort, you can find the creator of noesis and mesh2rdm over on xentax.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2021-01-02 20:01:23 »
Thanks. I actually emailed Richard from noesis last night. It’s still too early to know what may happen but I will say that I didn’t get a negative response. I don’t want to publicly commit him or myself to achieving this either. Re/packing new models seems possible but actually getting them in to the game may not be. Either way my goal would mostly be to use any changes in combination with the emulator.

Tellilum

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2021-01-08 03:30:35 »
Hi! I'm back again lol, This is probably me just being nit-picky but I noticed that the Highwind image has some weird seams going on and i believe there may be a higher res version of this image out floating around as well. I'm more concerned about the seam though:

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2021-01-10 16:33:46 »
Yeah, I saw the seam but there's not much I can do about it. I tried a little bit to fix it before, but it was difficult. I also tried to find a higher-res version of that image but no luck. We can't make everything perfect sadly.

We had a major .ini overhaul recently. If anyone notices Aerith doesn't have her DMW portraits upscaled, please update on Github. eqprog is also going to go through the whole game again to find missing textures.

For some reason, I haven't seen Zakkura in the past few weeks, so I hope they're okay and nothing's bad happened to them.

I've been a bit busy and have had some burnout, but I wanted to post some updates.
I changed Zack's portrait into different art, simply because I like it better and it fits the original more. It also gives me OG FF7 vibes. I think the left tries to portray him more as "so cool" while the right makes him look more "sweet". I think considering the ending of the game, portraying him as "sweet" instead of "cool" makes more sense thematically.

I plan to go into Nibelheim's basement and upres some of the objects there:

I plan on updating all these bottles which got put through the upscaling deep fryer, here's some WIP. I also updated the little monster thing in the top right.

I'm almost done the 2nd Class sword, I'd like to release it before the end of the month:

I'm also working on an optional mod which makes 15-year-old Tifa less sexualized so she has less cleavage and covers her mid-riff, inspired by the "Modest Lulu/Rikku/Yuna" mods I've seen for FF10. This is closer to what she wore in the original FF7 and Last Order. I'm not a prude by any means and I know Tifa is a sex icon by now, but I never liked her sexy cowgirl outfit. For one, she's 15 and Japan's affinity towards rampantly sexualizing teenagers (and even children) in their games/anime makes feel iffy. I also feel it doesn't make sense, Tifa's a tour guide of the town, so I think she'd have more of a serious look. I think people's first reaction to seeing her should be "oh hey, it's Tifa" rather than "wow, that's a sexy girl". I like to think most people know better nowadays how to portray minors than they did in 2007.

I know some people don't like censorship so this mod is optional, and the FF7 Remake decides to double down with Crisis Core. This mod is just for those who prefer Cute Tifa over Sexy Tifa.

« Last Edit: 2021-01-10 16:37:26 by Devina »

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2021-01-11 02:00:55 »
Higher resolution images of the Highwind artwork from e-books. The artwork isn't cropped in the printed Ultimania Omega, just the e-book crops it.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2021-01-11 03:54:09 »
Thanks JBedford128, if you have anything else that could help the project like Banora White logos or something, I'd appreciate it.

Original:

Version 2:

Version 3:

I've still yet to fix some artifacting, but the general image is complete.
I also managed to fix the seams a little so they're less obvious. I'll re-add the description and should upload it in a weekish.

nmystryker

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2021-01-14 08:59:46 »
is there a way to update the iso itself with a sort of patch? I know nothing on how that may work or could be done, I just want to ask if it were or could be possible as I would prefer to play this on the PSvita instead of my PC.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2021-01-16 04:15:16 »
No.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2021-01-25 01:56:15 »
Some updates:

threethan has added optional Xbox prompts and has fixed some minor issues.

New Highwind art has been added.

Cloud's 1st class outfit, and the two cameos at the end of the game now have better clothing.

Some posters in the Soldier hallway now have updated, consistent font.

Tifa has been updated, mainly her belly button which weirded some people out.
Her hat has been darkened to hide some noise, and her hair is darker.

Monitor background has been updated, even if it only appears for like 3 seconds:

Fixed some noise and the podium:

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2021-01-26 09:51:00 »
Any idea what this means? I'd like some easy copy-pastable text so I can insert this.

And does anyone know what's supposed to be under Jenova?
(Going to prolly re-do Jenova later, the font looks bad)

I tried looking at the original game and you can sort of make out something:

I guess it might be an eternal mystery. I think I'm going to go with 159-Cover 1.0 since that's what satsuki went with.