Author Topic: Does FF7 for Windows work with 7th Heaven?  (Read 3412 times)

5003erX

• View Profile
Does FF7 for Windows work with 7th Heaven?
« on: 2021-05-07 19:33:48 »
I'm looking to get FF7 after playing the remake, and I was wondering if I could mod it with 7th Heaven if I used the version of the game from Xbox Game Pass. I've heard that there are differences between the Steam and Windows version but I couldn't find any information about 7th Heaven being compatible with this version.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Does FF7 for Windows work with 7th Heaven?
« Reply #1 on: 2021-05-09 11:37:37 »
I think this is the wrong place to have posted this please be sure to review the rules for what posts.

If 7th Heaven does not work for that version I would suspect it is because the install path of the game or based upon the reg keys being different. Either of these can be fixed by the devs easily. Try it see if you get errors post them if you do I think they have a discord you can join and maybe resolve this quicker.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Re: Does FF7 for Windows work with 7th Heaven?
« Reply #2 on: 2021-05-09 18:10:59 »
I'm looking to get FF7 after playing the remake, and I was wondering if I could mod it with 7th Heaven if I used the version of the game from Xbox Game Pass. I've heard that there are differences between the Steam and Windows version but I couldn't find any information about 7th Heaven being compatible with this version.

i know an advancement was made on this front, so sometime this will likely be possible, but as of right now 7h (or any large mod) will absolutely not work with the gamepass version, get the steam version

gamepass games have heavy protection from copying/modding