Author Topic: Zack Mod - Replacing Cait Sith in your party  (Read 11570 times)

livetruthfully

• View Profile
Zack Mod - Replacing Cait Sith in your party
« on: 2011-02-12 14:12:27 »
Hi everyone,

I saw a post awhile back about a Zack mod (I believe called Zack Mod 2) where you can replace Cait Sith with Zack in your party for battles. To my understanding it was still Cait Sith's limit breaks, just looked like Zack. The link is long dead now but does anyone still have a copy of it?

And also, would it be compatible with the NPC patch? I think it's any FF7 true fan's dream to play as both Cloud and Zack in FF7 so please let me know :)

Thanks!

no-live

Re: Zack Mod - Replacing Cait Sith in your party
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-12 14:23:21 »
if it's zack pick up from crisis core it's illegale and the creator don't post a link

livetruthfully

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-12 14:59:08 »
Ohhhh, okay I see.

THen I guess if a custom one exists I'd love to see it!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-02-12 20:26:08 »
Fuck zack,  I need new character Skoll replacing over Cait.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2011-02-13 00:10:59 »
f*ck zack,  I need new character Skoll replacing over Cait.

whatever happened to that mod in progress? i was always looking forward to it

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-13 00:13:28 »
It is still on the cards.  I am a bit busy!

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-13 02:34:44 »

no rush man, no rush. but it'll be awesome.

livetruthfully

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-02-13 11:13:18 »

no rush man, no rush. but it'll be awesome.

Agreed man; talented and dilligent guys like you are the reason we have so many badass mods, so thanks for your hardwork :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-02-15 05:48:47 »
Well it is nice to see some people here who aren't foaming at the mouth at the suggestion.  venture out to a few other forums, and you soon suss there are people out there who want to burn you at the stake for suggesting Cait does not fit into the story and is poorly written. 

The fact is, suspension of disbelief can only go so far, and when I see that story coupled with a robot cat on top of a white bouncing stuffed toy, controlled by reeve, I mean, what more do I need to say? I always get "but a talking dog doesn't" responses to that, but if you understand why and how a story works, such a question never goes across your synapses.

Anyone who can suspend disbelief to that and think that is good storytelling, I cannot understand.  The task now is for someone who understands modelling to replace him and if they can do it with Zax, I would be very grateful if they could do it with the model I have here made in blender.

I think ridding us of Cait useless Sith is the last part of the Jigsaw and anyone who wants to add in such a mod is all right by me.  8)

Sad to say that the 3 people I have asked about doing this have all declined because they have succumbed to mindless fanboyism.  :)  Flimsy excuses about how they don't understand why I am doing it, that they don't have the time, to saying plainly that they refuse because they think it isn't right to edit out that bouncing white travesty.

In fact when I rack my brain to find something positive to say about Cait, about the only thing I come up with is his ultimate limit break, but even that heralds a disaster should the face not line up right.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-15 05:56:54 by DLPB »

livetruthfully

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-02-15 08:01:17 »
Haha well I definitely don't think anyone who is up for the idea deserves to be burned at the stake, and I'm pretty sure I don't have mindless fanboyism either so you can count me in on this one  :lol:

When I saw the guys from the previous thread playing around with the idea I thought it was pure genius. I mean seriously, no one uses Cait Sith anyway and Zack is a badass!

I think it's amazing you already have a model done, that means we're that much closer to actually making this happen. Like I said before I don't know a lick about modding, but I do have the passion for the idea so if there's something I can do to help I'm all ears.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-02-15 08:13:13 »
Yeah my model is for another story (it isn't zack) :)  I am in a similar position in that I need help with placing model into game.  But anyway, hopefully both of our projects will be given a lease of life :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 2011-02-15 08:13:52 »
you'd need a decent amount of writing skill and a LOT of script editing to make it believeable
The lame-ass way out would be pulling the amnesia card on Zack and have him work in the gold saucer.
But yeah, thats the lame ass way.

Unless I misunderstood this to be a in-battle only mod.

livetruthfully

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-02-15 13:14:19 »
Actually now that I think about it I'm fine with it being just battle mod only. Preferrably in the field he'd stand there instead of Cait Sith, but I don't care if Reeve still says whatever. Fine by me, let me just have my boys fight together :)

Does that simplify things and make this possible?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #13 on: 2011-02-17 01:35:53 »
well, a story idea COULD be that the Zack we find is an android in Zacks likeness, still created by reeve. that way we'd have a badass android based on one hell of a character, rather then a cat and a big round white blobby.... thing

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-02-17 15:44:25 »
Nvm
« Last Edit: 2011-02-17 17:46:27 by ultima espio »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 2011-02-17 19:38:19 »
Wouldn't it be marginally saner to use a chocobo instead? I can think of all sort of humorous, demi-believable storylines about a chocobo being lured into handing over a keystone, or appearing for comic relief. Plus, you already have a party portrait, a character slot and a battle model.

Besides, everyone loves chocobos.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: 2011-02-17 22:12:46 »
Wouldn't it be marginally saner to use a chocobo instead? I can think of all sort of humorous, demi-believable storylines about a chocobo being lured into handing over a keystone, or appearing for comic relief. Plus, you already have a party portrait, a character slot and a battle model.

Besides, everyone loves chocobos.

I came up with 4 more than semi-believeable ideas in less than 5 minutes, so yes, its really easy actually.
From 'keeping' the chocobo ester lends you, to simply catching a chocobo that runs wild in the gold saucer ( and steals the keystone because its all glittery and shiny and accidentally throws it the shinra )
there'd be a lot of field model edits, and maybe some script changes, but its definitely doable.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: 2011-02-19 01:49:37 »
Somewhat spoilers (for those who care)...

I'm fine with CaitS's part in the story until after the black matter part. Reeve sacrifices this robot to get it. CaitS should've died there. Reeve could still have radio or phone contact with the team. When another Cait Sith shows up it feels mighty out of place.

After Cait dies in the temple another character could replace him. Unless it's done extremely well I'm not a fan of Zack. But it still beats having Cait Sith.

Seeing this thread kinda makes me want to make my own mod.

livetruthfully

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-02-27 16:14:28 »
You're right Gjoerulv, that would be an impeccable place to insert him! Follow. Your instincts and let's see where it goes! You have my support :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-02-27 18:16:26 »
You have my support :)

:o  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, NES? /offtopic

Reeve sacrifices this robot to get it. CaitS should've died there.

There was a reason for that.  The writers deliberately didn't kill Cait so that the player would be under the illusion that the same thing would happen with Aerith.  It was kinda like a ploy to suck the player into a bigger shock later on.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-27 18:18:06 by DLPB »