Author Topic: The Reunion R06: Menu Enhancement Textures  (Read 4041 times)

Agravaile

• View Profile
The Reunion R06: Menu Enhancement Textures
« on: 2020-04-21 15:44:24 »
Hi, can someone please help me out with getting The Reunions Menu enhancement textures converted in PNG format for "textures' folder? By default, they are provided in TEX format located in New_Translation\menu folder.

Most of the UI mods out there have those TEX files split into 4 pngs, like "btl_win_b_h_01, btl_win_b_h_02, btl_win_b_h_03, etc...".
How can i get the same with Reunions stock Menu Enhancement UI textures?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 15:57:45 by Agravaile »

usb

• View Profile
Re: The Reunion R06: Menu Enhancement Textures
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-21 16:06:04 »
Hi, can someone please help me out with getting The Reunions Menu enhancement textures converted in PNG format for "textures' folder? By default, they are provided in TEX format located in New_Translation\menu folder.

Most of the UI mods out there have those TEX files split into 4 pngs, like "btl_win_b_h_01, btl_win_b_h_02, btl_win_b_h_03, etc...".
How can i get the same with Reunions stock Menu Enhancement UI textures?

the tex files are the original game texture format. All the hd texture use png or dds (dds not available for reunion). For install read here https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg271876#msg271876

satsuki made a simple installer (also for reunion) that let you choose what hd texture you want to insall http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19204.0
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 16:07:54 by usb »

Agravaile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-21 16:09:11 »
the tex files are the original game texture format. All the hd texture use png or dds (dds not available for reunion).

Yeah, but i don't need any other UI upscale, i need the one that comes with Reunion by default, but converted in PNG format since i need to modify it with some elements that are present in UI upscales into those default textures.

For example, i need to add upscaled timer texture that is present in upscaled UI, though i don't want to modify anything else than the timer, that's why i need to have the stock UI in PNG, otherwise it won't work correctly.

Edit: The thing is, when is just insert some parts of UI, it starts to look for other PNGs, it doesn't merge with the TEX files, so that makes battle UI appear as black boxes 'cause of the missing texture.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 18:13:02 by Agravaile »

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-21 18:39:20 »
Yeah, but i don't need any other UI upscale, i need the one that comes with Reunion by default, but converted in PNG format since i need to modify it with some elements that are present in UI upscales into those default textures.

For example, i need to add upscaled timer texture that is present in upscaled UI, though i don't want to modify anything else than the timer, that's why i need to have the stock UI in PNG, otherwise it won't work correctly.

Edit: The thing is, when is just insert some parts of UI, it starts to look for other PNGs, it doesn't merge with the TEX files, so that makes battle UI appear as black boxes 'cause of the missing texture.

to convert tex to png (and png to tex) the best choice is vincent tim http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15404.0 . This program can extract all the palette from a tex file, read the readme to understand the command line option
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 18:42:54 by usb »

Agravaile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-21 19:13:35 »
to convert tex to png (and png to tex) the best choice is vincent tim http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15404.0 . This program can extract all the palette from a tex file, read the readme to understand the command line option

Thanks! I'll look into it, but for the love of god, i've never seen a readme file more confusing than the one this converter has. Hopefully it does the job if figure out how to work with it.

Edit: Nevermind, i guess things were MUCH easier than i expected, just drag & drop and you're done =__=

Edit 2: Nice, finally figured out this problem i had for weeks, and now, with the textures convertet and added to the folder everything works correctly now, thanks!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 19:28:38 by Agravaile »