Author Topic: Adding new content with 7H  (Read 6914 times)

markul

• View Profile
Adding new content with 7H
« on: 2022-02-18 22:31:23 »
Hi, i want to share with you some info of ,what you can do creating a mod with 7th Heaven or the possibilities that you have to add new content with it. I never found many info of all of this so many times i had fear of waste time trying something impossible, so i post this here so other people, can know that all of this its posible to make(maybe, in the future, i could explain better all of this, with better ,and more visual, examples :/  ).

Many of this things are based in the feature of 7th Heaven that check vars ingame, and use folders of your mod, depending on it. I hope this could be helpful for many new crazy ideas and i guaranteed that all of this its possible (but tricky) o_O.
BUT many of this changes, needs to load in the game (so normally you will need to change of map, to load this changes)

1-This is the last thing that i tried to do and i confirm that works(just now i finished a test play in ff7 checking this). You can change your scene.bin file ingame, with the check vars method. What this mean? Infinite new enemies, no more 255 scene limit.In one file ,the battle with the scorpion its the original ,and in the other you can put any other enemy you want. But this has trick,for what i know the scene.bin and kernel need to be synchronized, so also ,you need that your 2 files scene.bin has the same "structure".I cant explain it very well, but if in a file you add a new enemy in the scene 254,for example, in the other file you need to do the same, the goal its that your two scene.bin and your kernel are synchronized.
This gives many possibilities, with the next point :)

2-You can change the enemy models ingame, with the check vars method.  For example ,in disc/part 2 you can change the aparience of for example the guard scorpion and re use it for future battles .This can also be applied to music,pictures (like menu avatars),  characters, NPC or battle models.

3-You can change maps of the game completely , with the check vars method. For example, you know that some maps of ff7 are for debug right?,well you can for example copy 3 different maps(like maps from Sector 1)  and replace one debug map with this maps, when you want, changing a var.

With all of this i only mean that the posibilities for adding new content with your mods are very high. I was thinking if the kernel could be changed also, but i never tried, i dont think that it could work well xD
« Last Edit: 2022-02-18 22:39:20 by markul »