Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246498 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Haha yeah, it's pretty big.

Main link is up!

The mirror still points to the last version though.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Haha yeah, it's pretty big.

Main link is up!

The mirror still points to the last version though.

What bug did you fix in my mod? Just a missing file?

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I FINALLY DOWNLOADED THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
AFTER A FEW DAYS OF STRUGGLING OVER MY INTERNET XD!

anyways i can't run it cos i don' know why there are so many bugs
1st: barret's model is black! i mean i cant' see a damn thing
2nd:special fx are bugging i mean there are black thingy when you cast a spell etc. or doing a limit break(i'll post a image of it later)
3rd:vincent and barret's attack animation- vinny attacks like he's holding a shotgun even though he's holding a pistol while barret here is a warfreak! XD he's not doing a long range attack animation,, if you know what i mean ^^
4th: it won't run in window mode.in-short"even if i change the configuration in the opengl.cgf thingy"

are you sure this thing can work in laptop???

anyway my video card is nvidia geforce 7900 gs: is it compatible????

windows xp:sp2, intel core2duo, DX9.0c(here's my specs)....

anyways my laptop is Dell

Covarr:
OHHHHHHHHH... :-o

well my friend bought a copy of ff7 but the installer is different and name: FF7 Ultima Edition something
well it work but when we tried to patch it with the remix patch many bug appear including the bugs i mention earlier.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Apparently some people were mentioning that the game was crashing on bunch of attack during battle because of a missing seffect00_6.png file or something like that, so I just made copies seffect00_0.png and renamed them to the missing files. I'm sure there's a better solution to this, though.

1st: barret's model is black! i mean i cant' see a damn thing
2nd:special fx are bugging i mean there are black thingy when you cast a spell etc. or doing a limit break(i'll post a image of it later)
3rd:vincent and barret's attack animation- vinny attacks like he's holding a shotgun even though he's holding a pistol while barret here is a warfreak! XD he's not doing a long range attack animation,, if you know what i mean ^^
4th: it won't run in window mode.in-short"even if i change the configuration in the opengl.cgf thingy"

well my friend bought a copy of ff7 but the installer is different and name: FF7 Ultima Edition something
well it work but when we tried to patch it with the remix patch many bug appear including the bugs i mention earlier.

Yeah, so good that someone can finally confirm that the patch is, in fact, not compatible with Ultima Edition
« Last Edit: 2009-09-29 21:14:24 by titeguy3 »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Apparently some people were mentioning that the game was crashing on bunch of attack during battle because of a missing seffect00_6.png file or something like that, so I just made copies seffect00_0.png and renamed them to the missing files. I'm sure there's a better solution to this, though.

Well that is the solution. Just need to figure out what seffect1_06 does and what colors it needs to be.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
updating mirror after I'm done downloading.

In the meantime:

I change my sound to my speakers, it keeps playing through my headset, so I unplug my headset (usb mind you) and now the game won't start.
Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2 3.1.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1680x1050, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...

Code: [Select]
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
FTH: (2700): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

FTH: (3764): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

DIRECT SOUND ERROR

ERROR: No sound driver is available for use. in FILE C:\lib\src\sound\dx_snd.cpp LINE 68

Edit: I reinstalled and I STILL can't play. FFFFFFFFFFF
« Last Edit: 2009-09-29 23:57:57 by Dragonshadow »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try restarting your computer?

Aali

• View Profile
Unplug headset, run FF7Config, rerun the .reg file to install the driver, play.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
You've got your sound driver configured to your headset in FF7Config, change that.

Evan Lee

• View Profile
i have a problem running the patch, my laptop keeps forcing playing it on 640x480

somebody help?

"""""are you sure this thing can work in laptop???

anyway my video card is nvidia geforce 7900 gs: is it compatible?Huh

windows xp:sp2, intel core2duo, DX9.0c(here's my specs)....

anyways my laptop is Dell""""

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
1. Try fixing it with your laptops resolution...Or better yet check your vid cards properties and set up it up to the resolution you indicated in Opengl config...
There was a fix on this but its mainly on laptops with Intel GMA 950's...

2. Since you're using NVIDIA set up the FF7COnfig to use NVIDIA and TNT.

Try this for size.... Holler back if it doesn't..Ayt! :lol:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
That could mean that the registry entries haven't been installed. Run ff7opengl.reg in the ff7 folder.

Evan Lee

• View Profile
That could mean that the registry entries haven't been installed. Run ff7opengl.reg in the ff7 folder.

i've already done that it still not working and the special effects are . . . .  weird... i'll post a pic later
1. Try fixing it with your laptops resolution...Or better yet check your vid cards properties and set up it up to the resolution you indicated in Opengl config...

my laptop's resolution is 1440x900 and the vid cards properties and  the resolution indicated in Opengl config 1400x900

hmmm.... strange....

also my friend patch his ff7 with saint and it work on him, i reinstalled my ff7 and patch it with the saint and it automatically closes the program...

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Could ya please indicate what version of Aalis Opengl Driver did ya use? Are u sure its the latest?

Saints former resolution changer is pawned by Aali's so It's better to an extent... I'm using a non NVIDIA VID card and I have no prob whatsoever..in a laptop!

Hmm... Pics are really needed for this so we can properly help ya out....

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Are you still trying to get Ultima Edition to work??

Get the original version of the game.

Evan Lee

• View Profile
i already installed the original version of the game dude...

and still not working.....

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
holy shi*t its so awesome with smartbloom.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Yeah, it really is isn't it? It's hard to tell in screenshots, but during gameplay it's really apparent.

Updated Dragonshadow's mirror!

secondadvent

• View Profile
smartbloom does do good things to the game, though i would be even happier if it didn't filter the 3d models as much, since it somewhat takes away from them (at least when looking at them from a distance, up close isn't too bad). overall though, i would have to say that it makes the backgrounds, and otherwise crappy 2d stuff (the unmodded 2d stuff, the modded stuff is very nice  :-D) look great, and makes a great substitute until the backgrounds and remaining 2d stuff becomes awesome without any filtering :-P.

i'd use your patcher, but i already have all of the stuff i want added for now, and it took me forever to get the game to work in the first place to try and add a from-a-fresh-install overhaul, though if i ever need to redo my computer (again) i know where to look  :wink:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
That's true, the 3d models look great without filtering, the only thing that needs it are the 2d textures. Yeah, I don't expect people to contour to this patch if they've already got a working modded ff7.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
Lol you need an upgrade option... I don't want to install 2.3.2 because it will overwrite my 2.3.1 setup :(

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's true, the 3d models look great without filtering, the only thing that needs it are the 2d textures. Yeah, I don't expect people to contour to this patch if they've already got a working modded ff7.

Im working on it :P

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Lol you need an upgrade option... I don't want to install 2.3.2 because it will overwrite my 2.3.1 setup :(

Nothing really significant that would require a re-install. Just:

A) goto the textures folder and make copies seffect1_00.png and rename them to seffect1_06.png and whatever else might be missing (11 and 12, i think?), do the same in the textures/seffect folder
B) apply the "PrC" patch in the first post using NFITC1's "Proud Clod" tool to get the AI script updates.

and that's it
« Last Edit: 2009-10-02 15:25:03 by titeguy3 »

Evan Lee

• View Profile
dude i know what cause my problem!

my freakin installer is ultima edition DAMN!

maybe that's the reason why i can't put patches like:
aali grapichs driver
high res patch
your remix installer
and something that include in makingg ff7 resolution higher... ouch!
and also the high res fmv's

i bought in somewhere in caloocan (hihi i live in the philippines ^^)

and they gave me this 4 discs cd of ff7
i thought it was not the ultima edtion cause it has 4 discs right?

hehe just want to share this cos i've been trying to work your remix installer for weeks and i thought
there's something wrong in my laptop ^^

maybe not.... 

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Yeah. It spreading like wildfire... Did ya bought it in EVER?  You know the one nearest the Monumento LRT?... Hundreds are sold there... BUt ya just can't beat the Original... Luckily I have a friend who has a friend that has a cousin and has sister in law... *pauses* ...Well ya get teh point...  :roll: