Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246527 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Only slightly. I'm going to release v2.4 soon with gjoerulv's mod integrated, but as it stands, it would be a hassle to try to install gjoerulv's mod with this.

Archu

• View Profile
Indeed, doubt i will give that a try though. Since his mod not only changes the scene file, but the kernel etc. aswell.
It'll probably be one file overwritten or to keep the other.

lansing

• View Profile
After reading posts in this forum this last two days, I'm kind of confuse about history of the remodeling patches.

As far as i've read, I believe the Reunion Project was the first to came out, and then some times later came NPC Reconstruction Project, and then it renamed to Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project after v0.6 in 2008? So is FF7-PRP the latest project on remodeling patch?

I was wondering why you chose NPC RP instead of FF7-PRP.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-24 02:56:09 by superbbjai »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
After reading posts in this forum this last two days, I'm kind of confuse about history of the remodeling patches.

As far as i've read, I believe the Reunion Project was the first to came out, and then some times later came NPC Reconstruction Project, and then it renamed to Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project after v0.6 in 2008? So is FF7-PRP the latest project on remodeling patch?

I was wondering why you chose NPC RP instead of FF7-PRP.

PRP is the latest concerning field npc models

lansing

• View Profile

So if I want the lastest one, I should install the PRP installer after this remix patcher?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile

So if I want the lastest one, I should install the PRP installer after this remix patcher?

Dont quote me on this but i believe the remix includes the PRP package.

lansing

• View Profile
Dont quote me on this but i believe the remix includes the PRP package.

this is what i'm wondering, since the his first post never mention about it:

Code: [Select]
NPC Reconstruction Project for FF7PC 0.6
well, I think I'll need to wait for titeguy3 to clear things out.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
This includes the NPC Reconstruction patch and does *not* include the Phoenix rejuvenation project for various already stated reasons:
1) It's easier to install - In the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project, the game's files have been renamed and crammed into an executable that doesn't work on all setups. I've personally never been able to successfully install it, but if somebody were to give me some of the modded PRP files with their original filenames, I'd definitely check them out and consider throwing them into a newer version of the patch (*if* that's okay with the people who made the PRP...I know they were going for an all-encompassing patch with their project, so I wouldn't want to rain on their parade)

2) There's been some controversy over some of the PRP models...they've begun to insist upon creating all of their models from scratch, rather than rehashing the game's models, but some people seem to think that some of the models used deviate too much from the original feel of the game, or that they aren't an improvement from previous versions. As such, I decided that playing it safe with the older, more familiar version wouldn't be a problem.

Furthermore, installing the PRP patch on top of this will not work due to incompatibility issues. I've tried it.

lansing

• View Profile
This includes the NPC Reconstruction patch and does *not* include the Phoenix rejuvenation project for various already stated reasons:
1) It's easier to install - In the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project, the game's files have been renamed and crammed into an executable that doesn't work on all setups. I've personally never been able to successfully install it, but if somebody were to give me some of the modded PRP files with their original filenames, I'd definitely check them out and consider throwing them into a newer version of the patch (*if* that's okay with the people who made the PRP...I know they were going for an all-encompassing patch with their project, so I wouldn't want to rain on their parade)

2) There's been some controversy over some of the PRP models...they've begun to insist upon creating all of their models from scratch, rather than rehashing the game's models, but some people seem to think that some of the models used deviate too much from the original feel of the game, or that they aren't an improvement from previous versions. As such, I decided that playing it safe with the older, more familiar version wouldn't be a problem.

Furthermore, installing the PRP patch on top of this will not work due to incompatibility issues. I've tried it.

is this the issue you're having with the prp installer? The method in the link works for me when I tried it yesterday

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
The installer hangs when you try to install it onto already modded files. It should work fine on a fresh install.

lansing

• View Profile
The installer hangs when you try to install it onto already modded files. It should work fine on a fresh install.

Well then I don't see a problem with PRP over NPC RP. The only difference should be the time spent on reinstall the game.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
[sigh] If I were to include the PRP, I'd have to either back up my files and delete my ff7 folder or use another computer, make a fresh install of FF7, apply the patch, find out which files do what (00.lgp, 01.lgp, and 02.lgp aren't very descriptive names), then extract the files from the PRP files and combine them with my existing archive, hand-selecting the ones that are obviously an improvement (most likely just random NPC's and minigame models), then repack and upload the new patch. Not exactly a simple process.

I *might* do this in the future, although I've got more pressing matters ATM.

lansing

• View Profile
[sigh] If I were to include the PRP, I'd have to either back up my files and delete my ff7 folder or use another computer, make a fresh install of FF7, apply the patch, find out which files do what (00.lgp, 01.lgp, and 02.lgp aren't very descriptive names), then extract the files from the PRP files and combine them with my existing archive, hand-selecting the ones that are obviously an improvement (most likely just random NPC's and minigame models), then repack and upload the new patch. Not exactly a simple process.

I *might* do this in the future, although I've got more pressing matters ATM.

this is the separate release of the char.lgp I've found from their thread (as of 08-31-09). As for the 00.lgp naming, post #475 on that very page should explain it.

I really think that the PRP group should make their progress more transparent, like linking important updates on the first post, so people who're interest in their project know what's going on from time to time, without digging up the entire thread.

Combatfrog

Excellent compilation titleguy. A few notes (most are just repeating what has already been stated but I thought i'd write them out anyway)

Like others I experienced problems with the larger fmvs (so far just the opening that plays when you select 'new game') where it would play for a few seconds, then get extremely choppy. Replacing it with the older fmv worked, like it did for everyone else. Comp is getting a bit up there in age so I guess trying to grab a 200 MB fmv while running the game caused some paging issues.

In addition when bg music tracks changed there was sometimes a noticeable lag before the new track started playing. Again this is probably because my computer is getting up there in age, but who knows. Setting the buffer of in_mad.dll to 'Small' seemed to help, though the lag is only noticeable sometimes when the victory music is supposed to play (but acceptable enough)

I really have been enjoying the mod so far, though to be honest I would have liked to have seen the Apz' High quality Cloud battle mod and Timu Sumisu & Millenia's high quality Barret Battle mod be an optional 'recommended' installation. Reason being is that they stand in complete contrast to everything else in the game, cloud's model even more jarring compared to his field model due to the AC haircut. I mean yeah, they're really nice models, but I had to revert back to the original models + hi res cloud because I just couldn't see the point in using what i perceive as a halfway completed overhaul of the main character's battle models. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion, though.

Thanks for all your effort. Back to the game :)
« Last Edit: 2009-10-30 20:49:52 by Combatfrog »

lansing

• View Profile
i'm having problem with the fmv audio.

Game sound effect and music working fine, the opening fmv is fine too, but the fmv doesn't have sound.  I haven't pay attention to the problem until playing disc 2 today, so i'm not sure whether the previous fmv had this problem, so far as i remember, the death of aerith fmv on dics 1, the explosion of the north crater on disc 2 both don't have sound.

how do i find out what the problem is?

KennyCleod

After Installation this is what i get   :cry:
Im so sad that i cant play
It says "Unable to locate registry key, please reinstall Final Fantasy VII"
i reinstalled like 4 times already..

Im using Windows 7 32-bit
U.A.C is closed and i run the installation as Administrator..

please help me fix this..
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Two questions...

1. Do you have the disc image mounted (or the CD in the disc drive)

2. Are you using Ultima Edition

Snake2208

• View Profile
titeguy3... Awesome release!!!!! srsly wow!, you made my life easier, just 1 problem, how do you install the patches??? i put every patch in the patches folder and run install yamp, it creates a 0KB ff7.exe that doesn't run... help? i wanna install the 9999breaker and luckytifa xD!!!

Another question xD!! what version of Aali opengl does this 2.3.3 version have? the ff7_opengl-0.7.2b??

Oh yea... if some1 have problems with the audio (ff7music.exe) i just bring up the taskmanager and put the ff7music.exe on high priority, then it syncs just fine...

Tnx man, cant thank U enough!!!
« Last Edit: 2009-11-08 17:43:51 by cloud2208 »

skifreak107

• View Profile
So i've had this working fine in W7 Ultimate 32 bit, but I want to reformat my PC for W7 Ultimate 64 bit, anyone run it on 64 bit and had it work successfully? I only have the v2.3.1 installer as the link for 2.3.3 doesn't work (nor does the mirror). Does 2.3.1 have any issues in 64 bit that anyone is aware of?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
i'm having problem with the fmv audio.

Game sound effect and music working fine, the opening fmv is fine too, but the fmv doesn't have sound.  I haven't pay attention to the problem until playing disc 2 today, so i'm not sure whether the previous fmv had this problem, so far as i remember, the death of aerith fmv on dics 1, the explosion of the north crater on disc 2 both don't have sound.

how do i find out what the problem is?

Codec Issues. Google "CCCP" and download it. It should be a codec pack that'll solve your issues.

After Installation this is what i get   :cry:
Im so sad that i cant play
It says "Unable to locate registry key, please reinstall Final Fantasy VII"
i reinstalled like 4 times already..

Im using Windows 7 32-bit
U.A.C is closed and i run the installation as Administrator..

please help me fix this..
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BrokenCrowe Asked you the right questions

titeguy3... Awesome release!!!!! srsly wow!, you made my life easier, just 1 problem, how do you install the patches??? i put every patch in the patches folder and run install yamp, it creates a 0KB ff7.exe that doesn't run... help? i wanna install the 9999breaker and luckytifa xD!!!

Another question xD!! what version of Aali opengl does this 2.3.3 version have? the ff7_opengl-0.7.2b??

Oh yea... if some1 have problems with the audio (ff7music.exe) i just bring up the taskmanager and put the ff7music.exe on high priority, then it syncs just fine...

Tnx man, cant thank U enough!!!

The 0kb file thing happens when you try to install a patch that's already been installed. Make sure that only 9999limitbreaker and Luckytifa are in the patches folder. when you run the file.

As far as I know, it's the latest version of Aali's driver. If not, then it's late enough.

So i've had this working fine in W7 Ultimate 32 bit, but I want to reformat my PC for W7 Ultimate 64 bit, anyone run it on 64 bit and had it work successfully? I only have the v2.3.1 installer as the link for 2.3.3 doesn't work (nor does the mirror). Does 2.3.1 have any issues in 64 bit that anyone is aware of?

I've been slowly adding multi-OS support for the installer, so the latest would be a good bet. I'm fairly certain that older versions would be incompatible with windows 64-bit. I'm sorry the installer link doesn't work, i'll try re-uploading it.

KennyCleod

Two questions...

1. Do you have the disc image mounted (or the CD in the disc drive)

2. Are you using Ultima Edition

yes im using WINDOWS 7 ULTIMA EDITION yea.... well... u mean i need original FF7 pc version isos and stuff like that? because i dont know anything about this new ff7 remix. so.. yea..
thats mean I should download FF7 Pc Version iso? im too lazy to search for it.. seriously im dumb at things like this lol. please link me the image files :) thank you

... We do not support pirating at this forum... You make the isos yourself with your original copies of the FF7 game...
Or you put the disc in the drive.

And i wasn't asking about Windows 7

I was asking about Final Fantasy Seven Ultima Edition... the kind you have to download...

(sigh)

KennyCleod

... We do not support pirating at this forum... You make the isos yourself with your original copies of the FF7 game...

I was asking about Final Fantasy Seven Ultima Edition... the kind you have to download...

(sigh)

sorry man dont sigh :( im sorry :) okay and thanks for everything i will download FF7 Ultima Edition. thank you everyone but thanks more to you :D haha ;)

FF74Jim

Ummm, just tried to download the remix patcher (full version 2.3.3) and both the main and mirror links are broken...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile

(sigh)

sorry man dont sigh :( im sorry :) okay and thanks for everything i will download FF7 Ultima Edition. thank you everyone but thanks more to you :D haha ;)

He was trying to tell you to not use the ff7 ultima edition as it is pirated and does not work with most of the mods.