Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246569 times)

KennyCleod

... We do not support pirating at this forum... You make the isos yourself with your original copies of the FF7 game...
Or you put the disc in the drive.

And i wasn't asking about Windows 7

I was asking about Final Fantasy Seven Ultima Edition... the kind you have to download...

(sigh)

sorry man dont sigh :( im sorry :) okay and thanks for everything i will download FF7 Ultima Edition. thank you everyone but thanks more to you :D haha ;)

He was trying to tell you to not use the ff7 ultima edition as it is pirated and does not work with most of the mods.

oh god how stupid am i. i should read properly next time. alright then. i will get the original FF7 game. sorry for so mannnnnny things. because im very DUMB. havent sleep well lately.

Snake2208

• View Profile
titeguy3, you're the man! tnx, i did what you said and it works!, also, the Aali drivers are not the latest but is ok, with the new 1 my game crashes a lot, with the 1 you've posted its a lot more stable.

Tnx Again, looking foward to new releases!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Ummm, just tried to download the remix patcher (full version 2.3.3) and both the main and mirror links are broken...

yeah, my main hosting server is down, and my mirror wiped the data for some reason... or moved it possibly? At any rate, I'm re uploading the mirrors, so those should work soon.

FF74Jim

Ummm, just tried to download the remix patcher (full version 2.3.3) and both the main and mirror links are broken...

yeah, my main hosting server is down, and my mirror wiped the data for some reason... or moved it possibly? At any rate, I'm re uploading the mirrors, so those should work soon.

Oh cool, sorry if that had already been brought I just wanted to check you were aware of it [:D]

lansing

• View Profile
i'm having problem with the fmv audio.

Game sound effect and music working fine, the opening fmv is fine too, but the fmv doesn't have sound.  I haven't pay attention to the problem until playing disc 2 today, so i'm not sure whether the previous fmv had this problem, so far as i remember, the death of aerith fmv on dics 1, the explosion of the north crater on disc 2 both don't have sound.

how do i find out what the problem is?

Codec Issues. Google "CCCP" and download it. It should be a codec pack that'll solve your issues.

I have k-lite codec packs installed as well, the orignal fmv plays fine outside of game, but just doesn't play the pcm audio during the game.  I know it should be something related to decoding audio, but don't know what's to use to decode it during game.  Here's a comparison info of the mp3 encoded opening.avi to the rest of the orginal fmv using GraphStudio:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I have k-lite codec packs installed as well, the orignal fmv plays fine outside of game, but just doesn't play the pcm audio during the game.  I know it should be something related to decoding audio, but don't know what's to use to decode it during game.  Here's a comparison info of the mp3 encoded opening.avi to the rest of the orginal fmv using GraphStudio:

Ah, I think know what your problem is. Is the sound sort of dithering out as soon as the opening FMV plays? Is it just the high quality fmv's that have issues? If so, then the problem might be that your computer can't handle decoding the high quality fmv's in-game, and aali's driver's decoder just simply dithers out the audio when the audio and video can't sync up.

Solution: copy the fmv's from your original game discs into the movies folder, overwriting all of the high quality ones. If this is in fact your problem, then doing this should fix it right up.

lansing

• View Profile

Ah, I think know what your problem is. Is the sound sort of dithering out as soon as the opening FMV plays? Is it just the high quality fmv's that have issues? If so, then the problem might be that your computer can't handle decoding the high quality fmv's in-game, and aali's driver's decoder just simply dithers out the audio when the audio and video can't sync up.

Solution: copy the fmv's from your original game discs into the movies folder, overwriting all of the high quality ones. If this is in fact your problem, then doing this should fix it right up.

It's the opposite, the high quality fmv (1280x960) are working fine. It's the orginal fmvs (320x224) that I'm having problem with.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

It's the opposite, the high quality fmv (1280x960) are working fine. It's the orginal fmvs (320x224) that I'm having problem with.
I see... well since you said that they play fine in a media player, i'm inclined to believe that this isn't the problem, but try installing this and this then verifying that this file is in your system32 folder.

lansing

• View Profile
I have k-lite codec packs installed as well, the orignal fmv plays fine outside of game, but just doesn't play the pcm audio during the game.  I know it should be something related to decoding audio, but don't know what's to use to decode it during game.  Here's a comparison info of the mp3 encoded opening.avi to the rest of the orginal fmv using GraphStudio:

I see... well since you said that they play fine in a media player, i'm inclined to believe that this isn't the problem, but try installing this and this then verifying that this file is in your system32 folder.

I try reinstalled the true motion 2 decoder, but the same problem still exist, still no audio.

I've done another quick test, by replacing the hq opening fmv with any other videos from the original fmvs (renaming it to opening.avi), and surprisingly the audio came out when i choose start new game.  It seems like the audio only works on the opening fmv at the start of the game, and didn't work after that.  So I suspect that it was the Aali's driver issue you mentioned earlier that's causing the problem.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the whole game and the remix patch, and everything is working fine now, thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-13 03:02:52 by superbbjai »

Beavii

• View Profile
Hey.....

I know you get asked this all the time, but do you know when the main download link will be up and running.

Or does anyone else have a link to thier copy of the installer.

Thanks in advance

Beavii

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey.....

I know you get asked this all the time, but do you know when the main download link will be up and running.

Or does anyone else have a link to thier copy of the installer.

Thanks in advance

Beavii
Yeah it's a big issue, it takes me more than 5 hours to upload the file, so i need to overnight it. I've been being somewhat of an insomniac lately though. I'll post when It's up, though.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Alright, all mirrors should be up and running by now!

Beavii

• View Profile
Hey Editing this post.....

I just opened my pc and found that my graphics card has some susupicious looking marks on it

think it may be fried....

Will get it tested and then try again.....

« Last Edit: 2009-11-18 00:56:31 by Beavii »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
I start the game, then Screen is black for one second, and it gets back to desktop without any error message.

Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2 3.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 1280x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\minigame/condor.lgp

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have the German FF VII version by the way. Please help me getting this to work!
« Last Edit: 2009-11-19 18:54:52 by Fischkopf »

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Hey, I'm kind of having a weird issue. First of all I'd just like to say Thanks for making this patch it was really helpful especially since all the times I reinstalled this game and applied all my mods one by one. The problem I'm having is not a big deal but maybe other people have it. For some reason Barrets character model from the NPC reconstruction is missing his beard. If you just look at him every couple of seconds his beard will appear and then disappear. I haven't had any other known problems and all other characters are fine. I tried reinstalling from a clean install but no luck. I even tried on a totally different computer so now I'm kinda stuck. Any Ideas? 

Fischkopf

• View Profile
Bump for help!!!! :cry:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I start the game, then Screen is black for one second, and it gets back to desktop without any error message.

INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 1280x1440
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\minigame/condor.lgp

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have the German FF VII version by the way. Please help me getting this to work!

Two things:
1) Please don't bump threads. If I didn't respond, it's because I haven't checked the forums yet, not because it wasn't on top of the page.
2) I haven't tested the installer on other language releases. It looks like you're missing a file (data\minigame\condor.lgp). A file my installer doesn't modify in any way, but that the executable requires. The file should have been there when you installed the game initially, look for it by browsing your install CD, it'll probably work after you replace it (and any other files that may be missing off the german version...or just your install). If it isn't on your install CD, then I can say without hesitation that this installer is not compatible with the german version of the game

EDIT: It could also be the case that you installed the patch to some directory other than where you initially installed the game, that could also cause this issue. Check to make sure you installed the patch into the right place. This *could* be a Win7 compatibility issue since I haven't tested on Win7. I can guarantee compatibility for Vista x64 and below, but not Win7.

Hey, I'm kind of having a weird issue. First of all I'd just like to say Thanks for making this patch it was really helpful especially since all the times I reinstalled this game and applied all my mods one by one. The problem I'm having is not a big deal but maybe other people have it. For some reason Barrets character model from the NPC reconstruction is missing his beard. If you just look at him every couple of seconds his beard will appear and then disappear. I haven't had any other known problems and all other characters are fine. I tried reinstalling from a clean install but no luck. I even tried on a totally different computer so now I'm kinda stuck. Any Ideas?  

That's a common issue. It's there, but it flickers. So far, I've ignored this in favor of more vital issues, but perhaps I'll fix it in a later release. I've got much less time on my hands now that its not summer anymore, but if I get time, I'll get crackin'.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-21 03:32:25 by titeguy3 »

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Thanks for getting back so soon. I'm actually having another problem. I was trying to get the new alias custom driver so I can have a full screen start menu but I believe the one you have in the remix patch isn't the newest one. Ive tried to upgrade it after the remix patch but something always goes wrong. If you don't mind do you think you could make an updated remix patch with the updated alias custom driver?

RW_66

• View Profile
Thanks for getting back so soon. I'm actually having another problem. I was trying to get the new alias custom driver so I can have a full screen start menu but I believe the one you have in the remix patch isn't the newest one. Ive tried to upgrade it after the remix patch but something always goes wrong. If you don't mind do you think you could make an updated remix patch with the updated alias custom driver?

GI.. The Aali version included is quite stable. You COULD replace it with a newer version, but that's somewhat complicated and each version has it's own quirks and bugs. Any way, you can edit the "ff7opengl.cfg" with notepad and and set "full screen = (true/yes)" for full screen usage. Make sure to run the coorect registry editor to "save" it.

To titeguy: This is a nice installer. It might help if you included/ made available a installation and set-up guide to help others install and set-up the game correctly. I would probably cut down a lot of questions and confusion surroundling how to tweak certain areas/mods to fix simple problems and maximise usage of all.. ie. Ficedulas, Aali's.. etc.

As a third note: I'm havining a strange problem with sound effests dissappering after 15-20 mins. I still have music, just no sound effects. I'm using a P4 3.0 prescott, 1 GB RAM, SB Audigy Value, and 7800 GS (AGP) with XP SP3. Any suggestions or hints?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile

GI.. The Aali version included is quite stable. You COULD replace it with a newer version, but that's somewhat complicated and each version has it's own quirks and bugs. Any way, you can edit the "ff7opengl.cfg" with notepad and and set "full screen = (true/yes)" for full screen usage. Make sure to run the coorect registry editor to "save" it.

To titeguy: This is a nice installer. It might help if you included/ made available a installation and set-up guide to help others install and set-up the game correctly. I would probably cut down a lot of questions and confusion surroundling how to tweak certain areas/mods to fix simple problems and maximise usage of all.. ie. Ficedulas, Aali's.. etc.

As a third note: I'm havining a strange problem with sound effests dissappering after 15-20 mins. I still have music, just no sound effects. I'm using a P4 3.0 prescott, 1 GB RAM, SB Audigy Value, and 7800 GS (AGP) with XP SP3. Any suggestions or hints?

Right now I would stick to the older version of the driver as RW suggested. There are a few bugs in the new one. One minor fix to his advice. You do not need to run the registry key after modifying the config file. You only need to redo it if you happen to run the ff7config program

Fischkopf

• View Profile

LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

Two things:
1) Please don't bump threads. If I didn't respond, it's because I haven't checked the forums yet, not because it wasn't on top of the page.
2) I haven't tested the installer on other language releases. It looks like you're missing a file (data\minigame\condor.lgp). A file my installer doesn't modify in any way, but that the executable requires. The file should have been there when you installed the game initially, look for it by browsing your install CD, it'll probably work after you replace it (and any other files that may be missing off the german version...or just your install). If it isn't on your install CD, then I can say without hesitation that this installer is not compatible with the german version of the game

EDIT: It could also be the case that you installed the patch to some directory other than where you initially installed the game, that could also cause this issue. Check to make sure you installed the patch into the right place. This *could* be a Win7 compatibility issue since I haven't tested on Win7. I can guarantee compatibility for Vista x64 and below, but not Win7.

That's a common issue. It's there, but it flickers. So far, I've ignored this in favor of more vital issues, but perhaps I'll fix it in a later release. I've got much less time on my hands now that its not summer anymore, but if I get time, I'll get crackin'.

it works now. i only had to rename some files :D

Chief05

I also have a German copy of FFVII and after installing the Remix patch, I had the same problem, that the screen goes black for some seconds and returns to the desktop. Well at first I thought it had something to do with the codecs... so I installed the TrueMotion codec, same problem. I installed the K-Lite codec and disabled TrueMotion... still same problem.

THEN I reinstalled FFVII and didn't patch it at all - and the game starts without problems!
After that I installed patch 1.02 - black screen again and returning to desktop!

Why? Well after some "research"  I found out, that there are several local patches for FFVII and i always installed the English 1.02 patch. *doh*  :-P

So I installed/copied the GERMAN patch 1.02g - and the game starts perfectly! It seems, that the "normal" (or English) 1.02 patch is not compatible with the German version. And I suppose, that the Remix patch includes the English 1.02 patch. So it somehow "prevents" starting FFVII.

Well, too bad, cause the remix patch is really a great idea and a great compilation! Maybe someday it will be available to non-English versions. But until then I can install the mods/patches manually (which are included in the Remix + the German 1.02g). :)

« Last Edit: 2009-11-24 15:15:26 by Chief05 »

breakdownPYK

I've read the FAQs and used the search feature. I've even manually searched through pages and pages and I can't find a solution to my problem.

I used the Final Fantasy Remix Installer (the latest one) and modded my game with it. When I hop off the train in the beginning, the game will crash the moment the first battle loads. Sometimes it will make it through the first battle and then the second battle will freeze.

Also, the music just completely stops at times.

It is extremely frustrating to try and configure things and then restart the entire game and watch that opening scene over and over again only to see your game crash after naming Barrett and entering the Mako Reactor. Any help?

My computer specs (using PC Wizard):
<<< System Summary >>>
  > Mainboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
  > Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35
  > Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz
  > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
  > Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
  > Hard Disk : HDS728080PLAT20 (82 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WDC (640 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WD (750 GB)
  > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621
  > DVD-Rom Drive : HD2895P CRF197G SCSI CdRom Device
  > DVD-Rom Drive : IRWN 8X6VSPA7C5AN SCSI CdRom Device
  > Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL S2409W - 24 inches
  > Network Card :  RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
  > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
  > DirectX : Version 9.0c  (September 2009)

RW_66

• View Profile
I also have a German copy of FFVII and after installing the Remix patch, I had the same problem, that the screen goes black for some seconds and returns to the desktop. Well at first I thought it had something to do with the codecs... so I installed the TrueMotion codec, same problem. I installed the K-Lite codec and disabled TrueMotion... still same problem.

THEN I reinstalled FFVII and didn't patch it at all - and the game starts without problems!
After that I installed patch 1.02 - black screen again and returning to desktop!

Why? Well after some "research"  I found out, that there are several local patches for FFVII and i always installed the English 1.02 patch. *doh*  :-P

So I installed/copied the GERMAN patch 1.02g - and the game starts perfectly! It seems, that the "normal" (or English) 1.02 patch is not compatible with the German version. And I suppose, that the Remix patch includes the English 1.02 patch. So it somehow "prevents" starting FFVII.

Well, too bad, cause the remix patch is really a great idea and a great compilation! Maybe someday it will be available to non-English versions. But until then I can install the mods/patches manually (which are included in the Remix + the German 1.02g). :)

It's a (pretty) well known fact that the German version of FF7 has quite a few differences from the broader english version. Most installer progrgrams check either CD file checksums (CHKSUM) or file names to verify legimate purchased copies from torrented/ "Ultima" illegal copies. Unfortunatly, the German Version is also diffent in these same 2 areas, due to the languge and font differences. Maybe someday someone will figure out a way to check for BOTH versions, but since the vast majority of copies (even in europe) are english based, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've read the FAQs and used the search feature. I've even manually searched through pages and pages and I can't find a solution to my problem.

I used the Final Fantasy Remix Installer (the latest one) and modded my game with it. When I hop off the train in the beginning, the game will crash the moment the first battle loads. Sometimes it will make it through the first battle and then the second battle will freeze.

Also, the music just completely stops at times.

It is extremely frustrating to try and configure things and then restart the entire game and watch that opening scene over and over again only to see your game crash after naming Barrett and entering the Mako Reactor. Any help?

My computer specs (using PC Wizard):
<<< System Summary >>>
  > Mainboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
  > Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35
  > Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz
  > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
  > Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
  > Hard Disk : HDS728080PLAT20 (82 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WDC (640 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WD (750 GB)
  > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621
  > DVD-Rom Drive : HD2895P CRF197G SCSI CdRom Device
  > DVD-Rom Drive : IRWN 8X6VSPA7C5AN SCSI CdRom Device
  > Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL S2409W - 24 inches
  > Network Card :  RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
  > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
  > DirectX : Version 9.0c  (September 2009)

breakdownPYK, you need to verify that the problem is with the patch and not the game. Try installing just the game and the 1.02 patch and see if it runs with that. If it doesn't, then you have some hardware/software conflict that is on your system. This can be a real problem (unfortunately) with trying to run older programs with newer OS's and hardware. Also, verify that your discs (espcially the INSTALL disc) are not scratched-up/dirty, as this can cause the game to "mis-read" sections of code and will cause problems with running the game.

(I know, because my discs have become scratched up over the years, and I have experinced problems with a couple of installations)

Fischkopf

• View Profile
can u include that potion model and the weapons from this thread in the next version?
it looks great

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6617.0

and these character models:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6617.msg100894#msg100894  :-o
« Last Edit: 2009-11-24 21:25:22 by Fischkopf »