Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246542 times)

Art2

• View Profile
Well, no matter what i do, the download only gets to 99.9% then it stops... it says server error. Can someone tell me how to fix this. On another note, is there a way to get the Custom driver benifites without having the lag? I have an old Graphics Card with 32mb of memory  so OpenGl is not really good. I want to be able to use the high res patch and the 2D overhaul. Next version should include the PRP instead. The 00.LGP file is char.lgp and 01.lgp is world_us.lpg. P.S thank you forum administrator for finally accepting me into the community.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Well, no matter what i do, the download only gets to 99.9% then it stops... it says server error. Can someone tell me how to fix this. On another note, is there a way to get the Custom driver benifites without having the lag? I have an old Graphics Card with 32mb of memory  so OpenGl is not really good. I want to be able to use the high res patch and the 2D overhaul. Next version should include the PRP instead. The 00.LGP file is char.lgp and 01.lgp is world_us.lpg. P.S thank you forum administrator for finally accepting me into the community.

The 2d overhaul does not work with the saints hi res patch. Sorry

Art2

• View Profile
Well, at least the 2D overhaul then.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I've read the FAQs and used the search feature. I've even manually searched through pages and pages and I can't find a solution to my problem.

I used the Final Fantasy Remix Installer (the latest one) and modded my game with it. When I hop off the train in the beginning, the game will crash the moment the first battle loads. Sometimes it will make it through the first battle and then the second battle will freeze.

Also, the music just completely stops at times.

It is extremely frustrating to try and configure things and then restart the entire game and watch that opening scene over and over again only to see your game crash after naming Barrett and entering the Mako Reactor. Any help?

My computer specs (using PC Wizard):
<<< System Summary >>>
  > Mainboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
  > Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35
  > Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz
  > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
  > Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
  > Hard Disk : HDS728080PLAT20 (82 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WDC (640 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WD (750 GB)
  > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621
  > DVD-Rom Drive : HD2895P CRF197G SCSI CdRom Device
  > DVD-Rom Drive : IRWN 8X6VSPA7C5AN SCSI CdRom Device
  > Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL S2409W - 24 inches
  > Network Card :  RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
  > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
  > DirectX : Version 9.0c  (September 2009)

That's either the battle swirl glitch (for which a patch called the battle swirl fix exists) or something off with the scene.bin file. I can't give you a definite fix without knowing exactly what the problem is, but try installing the battle swirl fix (I can't recall if I included it off the top of my head). Have you made sure that the game works *without* the patch?

can u include that potion model and the weapons from this thread in the next version?
it looks great

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6617.0

and these character models:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6617.msg100894#msg100894  :-o
The ones in the Slayersnext's thread (the first one) have been included already with the exception of the hair and the potion, and the ones in the second thread are ripped from other games and therefore, not allowed to be distributed on these forums.

Well, no matter what i do, the download only gets to 99.9% then it stops... it says server error. Can someone tell me how to fix this. On another note, is there a way to get the Custom driver benifites without having the lag? I have an old Graphics Card with 32mb of memory  so OpenGl is not really good. I want to be able to use the high res patch and the 2D overhaul. Next version should include the PRP instead. The 00.LGP file is char.lgp and 01.lgp is world_us.lpg. P.S thank you forum administrator for finally accepting me into the community.
I'm not sure about that 99.9% issue, is that happening to anybody else? If so, I'll reupload the file. I'm not quite sure which "lag" you're talking about. I'm aware that the 2D overhaul will make the game lag quite a bit, so perhaps that's what you're referring to? The custom graphics driver allows pretty much *every* graphical enhancement with the exception of a few model swaps, so basically, no custom driver = no cool graphics. If you'd like to get rid of the lag, you should look into uninstalling the 2D overhaul, SL1982 should know how to do this better than I, but I believe that the lag will go away if you just delete the "textures" folder, though you might also have to replace a few files with the originals as well. I'll look into upgrading to the PRP, but I need somebody to upload the updated files first so that I can tinker with them.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-25 01:00:45 by titeguy3 »

Art2

• View Profile
Thanks for the information, but the reason that i am getting lag is probably because i dont have a good graphics card and OpenGL is probably whats giving me 3fps while when i use the regular ff7config, it runs at a smooth 65 fps.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Woooooaah, yeah that's more than just lag, that's just plain slow. You can't even run the game at 640x480??

Art2

• View Profile
I'll try that right now, but i really want to have this mod collection. I pretty much rebuilt it myself but i had to do it manually and then some things such as battle models have been left out.

I Do accept Charity :)

breakdownPYK

I've read the FAQs and used the search feature. I've even manually searched through pages and pages and I can't find a solution to my problem.

I used the Final Fantasy Remix Installer (the latest one) and modded my game with it. When I hop off the train in the beginning, the game will crash the moment the first battle loads. Sometimes it will make it through the first battle and then the second battle will freeze.

Also, the music just completely stops at times.

It is extremely frustrating to try and configure things and then restart the entire game and watch that opening scene over and over again only to see your game crash after naming Barrett and entering the Mako Reactor. Any help?

My computer specs (using PC Wizard):
<<< System Summary >>>
  > Mainboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
  > Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35
  > Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz
  > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
  > Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
  > Hard Disk : HDS728080PLAT20 (82 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WDC (640 GB)
  > Hard Disk : WD (750 GB)
  > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621
  > DVD-Rom Drive : HD2895P CRF197G SCSI CdRom Device
  > DVD-Rom Drive : IRWN 8X6VSPA7C5AN SCSI CdRom Device
  > Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL S2409W - 24 inches
  > Network Card :  RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
  > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
  > DirectX : Version 9.0c  (September 2009)

That's either the battle swirl glitch (for which a patch called the battle swirl fix exists) or something off with the scene.bin file. I can't give you a definite fix without knowing exactly what the problem is, but try installing the battle swirl fix (I can't recall if I included it off the top of my head). Have you made sure that the game works *without* the patch?

I have only just installed the ISO and then immediately ran your patcher. I have never even played Final Fantasy 7 for PC before in my life. I picked it up at a mom and pop shop after hearing about all of the wonderful things you can do with the PC version.

What necessary patches will I need to avoid crashing issues with just using your install?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
The game should come with all up to date patches so that it doesn't crash...
Every now and again in strange circumstances, certain fixes may be required (like with multi-lingual versions of the game or sometimes with Win7), but it should work fine fresh off the install assuming your computer can handle the game. The only thing is that you might have to tinker with the graphics settings a bit to find the optimal settings for you. Check this tutorial for details.

mittparadox

First of all Thanks for this compilation! and to all the modders behind it <3
until recently i dident even know i could get FF7 on pc :D
i used to have ff on playstation many years ago^^ and its been the best game i have ever played. followed by FF8 and FF9, and yeah i think it kinda went downhill from there :P
anyway, i couldent get it to work so i started googling around to fix the problem, and after a few days of trying various fixes that dident work and only gave me a headache :D
i found this and the game finaly worked! and not just that it looks freaking ace! so hats of to you guys.
minor problem tho, i have gotten to the highway bike riding thingy^^ and its way to fast and i dont know what i can add when having this patch installed
i looked in the "FF7/patches/do not want" folder and saw 2 "HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix" files, so i tried to move them to already patched folder xD
kinda dident work, :P but as their in there i figured there have to be a way to enable them. any suggestion on what to do?
2nd: i ran the InstallYAMP to get the "always run" but i dident want the "9999 limit breaker" is there anyway to remove it?
oh and is there anything else i can add to improve the overall gfx and gameplay that wont mess up this patch?

sorry for asking alot in my first post :D

oh and hi by the way, new guy here :-D

Problem solved :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2009-11-27 17:23:35 by mittparadox »

Ceracyst

Doesn't work. None of this works.

Nothing I try to do to make this game work, works. Every single thing I've read in this thread fails to produce positive results.

It looks nice though, from the vids on youtube. I'm just sorry I won't be able to play it.

oh well.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Doesn't work. None of this works.

Nothing I try to do to make this game work, works. Every single thing I've read in this thread fails to produce positive results.

It looks nice though, from the vids on youtube. I'm just sorry I won't be able to play it.

oh well.
Is it plugged in?

GG.shanks

to titeguy3.. i'm also having this 99.9% download thing, it stops there... i've downloaded it 3x and the result is still the same... what should i do?.. thank you so much...  :-D

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
to titeguy3.. i'm also having this 99.9% download thing, it stops there... i've downloaded it 3x and the result is still the same... what should i do?.. thank you so much...  :-D
Alright, I'll try re-uploading the file tonight, try again tomorrow.

Beavii

• View Profile
to titeguy3.. I'm also having this 99.9% download thing, it stops there... I've downloaded it 3x and the result is still the same... what should i do?.. thank you so much...  :-D

Hope you got a good broadband deal mate,,,,

Your always having to re upload this file....

On that note,,,,,,It's worth the wait.....

However can I make a suggestion,,,,,

Can you maybe make the next realease ask which mods you actually would like to install.

I like this installer but there's a couple in there i don't like

I have no problems manually changing them,,,

Guess I'm just lazy......lol

GG.shanks

thank you so much, i'll be going to work today.. i't 7:45 in the morning here..  :-) i'll go home as soon as im out @ the office and will DL it immediately..
thanks again..  :-)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
to titeguy3.. I'm also having this 99.9% download thing, it stops there... I've downloaded it 3x and the result is still the same... what should i do?.. thank you so much...  :-D

Can you maybe make the next realease ask which mods you actually would like to install.

This is a good idea. Titeguy3 let me know if you are interested in this. I may be able to create something similar to our Avalanche installer.

Art2

• View Profile
you should definatly rar the .exe file and then split it accross 500 mb into like 4 files then upload to megaupload. They will keep your file there nice and long.

ttran

Sorry if it's been asked before but I was wondering, in general, is there anyway to apply the hardcore mod to my files after applying the patch?

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
what about a torrent file, it will be nice...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Look forward to it in a future release...prob v2.5 since I've already pretty much got v2.4 done.

you should definatly rar the .exe file and then split it accross 500 mb into like 4 files then upload to megaupload. They will keep your file there nice and long.
I used to do that before I had mirrors that I could just ftp the whole file to. the upload rate is faster and it's less work, so unless MMOwned goes down as well, I'm going to stick to my method

Sorry if it's been asked before but I was wondering, in general, is there anyway to apply the hardcore mod to my files after applying the patch?
It's pretty tedious to do this, so much so, in fact, that I'm going to be releasing v2.4 soon that's going to allow you to choose dynamically between "hardcore" mode and normal mode sometime during winter break, so look forward to that.

what about a torrent file, it will be nice...
Again, waaay before I had mirrors, I used torrents, and the seed ratio would be like...10 to 1, even if I was seeding constantly. I don't have any servers or anything that I can use to just constantly seed a torrent, I'd have to do so with my own laptop to keep the torrent from going dead (0 seeds) and that's not something I feel like going through again if I don't have to.

MitchDouglas

Hi guys, loving this patch. It's given me an excuse to play FF7 again in spiffy-vision. Anyway, I've come across an odd bug with the Destruct materia. At present there's four stars you need to fill to master it. I'm on the last star now and for some reason the AP requirements are insanely high. Much higher than KoTR. I assume there's something gone wrong with the patching perhaps that's made the AP values necessary to level up go goofy. Anyways, if you can let me know if there's a fix that'd be great, I'm aiming for a "perfect" game and I need to master all my magic materia to get Master Magic for my three active party members.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hi guys, loving this patch. It's given me an excuse to play FF7 again in spiffy-vision. Anyway, I've come across an odd bug with the Destruct materia. At present there's four stars you need to fill to master it. I'm on the last star now and for some reason the AP requirements are insanely high. Much higher than KoTR. I assume there's something gone wrong with the patching perhaps that's made the AP values necessary to level up go goofy. Anyways, if you can let me know if there's a fix that'd be great, I'm aiming for a "perfect" game and I need to master all my magic materia to get Master Magic for my three active party members.
You're absolutely right. Tricky hex editing...i had a "5" where I should have had an "F". All fixed in version 2.4 which I suppose I'll be releasing ahead of schedule upon realization of this. I'll have the upgrader and installer uploaded by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for pointing this out.

MitchDouglas

You're absolutely right. Tricky hex editing...i had a "5" where I should have had an "F". All fixed in version 2.4 which I suppose I'll be releasing ahead of schedule upon realization of this. I'll have the upgrader and installer uploaded by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for pointing this out.

Thought it might be something like that. I'm a programming graduate myself so I thought something had gone horribly wrong when I saw the huge number. Will the updates be retroactive with my current save? Thanks for continued support on this mod by the way.

Beavii

• View Profile
Titeguy.

We Love you.