Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246493 times)

somethingerotic

Great mods, everything looks fantastic, everyone who has worked on these should be congratulated, hands shaken, backs patted etc.

Now I have a slight hiccup, and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem or anything to help in any of the other topics. I just installed the game again, downloaded and applied the remix patcher following most (or all) of the configuration steps, and started a new game. The game will play up to the mako reactor and when the very first boss is about to load the game crashes. The battle swirl initiates and the music starts to play, then an error message comes up saying "oops..." and a crash.dmp file was created in the FF7 folder.

Here is the tail of the log:
Code: [Select]
Entering MAIN
MIDI play: 7
reading midi file: BAT.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 321
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
GLITCH: deferred draw outside Z-bound
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/bigshot/hvshot_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/bigshot/hvshot_01.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
MIDI play: 46
reading midi file: FAN2.mid
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
MIDI cross fade: 6, time: 4
MIDI set volume trans: 127->15; step=2
MIDI set volume: 15
100% of 15 = 15
MIDI play: 6
reading midi file: MAKORO.mid
current volume: 15
MIDI set volume trans: 15->127; step=2
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save00.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save00.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
song is already playing...
MIDI play: 2
reading midi file: OB.mid
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
ERROR: unhandled exception

I am playing on Windows 7 64 bit domestic version, on a nice shiny new Acer laptop. 1366 x768 resolution, native and in the configured settings, running in windowed mode because I couldn't get fullscreen to work (it would just show a black screen, play a second or two of music and then crash). I have 4 gigs of ram, an intel integrated crap graphics card, and an intel 2.1 ghz processor. I run it as administrator, and it runs smoothly for the most part. The only other problem I have run into is the opening movie plays really slow and glitchy. It is weird, because it doesn't play slow when I first start FF7, only when I start a new game, and the movies all play fine when I run them from the movie folder. I just downloaded some updated codecs so I will see if that works, but thanks in advance for any help.

Update: I installed the PrC scene.bin patch and it works...so far. I had the same crash again when going after the next mako reactor due to a random battle, but then it didn't happen when I restarted and played through the area again. Now I just beat the second boss (airbuster, I think) and the screen faded to black at the end right after cloud fell and didn't load/transistion to the next part meeting Aeris(th). Couldn't get it to work so I just exited, and will retry soon. Full screen mode works though, and no other problems besides what appear to be fixable bugs. I'll also try the updated remix patcher tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

2nd Update I backed up my game saves on the desktop then uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it all works great now. No slowness in movies, no game crashes; simply perfect (alright, there is one minor flaw that music can be slow to start like after battle victories). Now it looks like I will not being doing much of anything for the next 40 hours. Awesome.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-07 20:45:59 by somethingerotic »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
You're absolutely right. Tricky hex editing...i had a "5" where I should have had an "F". All fixed in version 2.4 which I suppose I'll be releasing ahead of schedule upon realization of this. I'll have the upgrader and installer uploaded by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for pointing this out.

Thought it might be something like that. I'm a programming graduate myself so I thought something had gone horribly wrong when I saw the huge number. Will the updates be retroactive with my current save? Thanks for continued support on this mod by the way.
Absolutely. Your saves won't be modified in the slightest, and any AP you've collected will carry over. The AP per materia are saved as long unsigned ints, then divided into the stars upon game startup, so everything should be fine (although I'm not entirely sure what happens if you have too much AP...I don't think it causes any problems though)

Great mods, everything looks fantastic, everyone who has worked on these should be congratulated, hands shaken, backs patted etc.

Now I have a slight hiccup, and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem or anything to help in any of the other topics. I just installed the game again, downloaded and applied the remix patcher following most (or all) of the configuration steps, and started a new game. The game will play up to the mako reactor and when the very first boss is about to load the game crashes. The battle swirl initiates and the music starts to play, then an error message comes up saying "oops..." and a crash.dmp file was created in the FF7 folder.

Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 321
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/bigshot/hvshot_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/bigshot/hvshot_01.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
100% of 15 = 15
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN

I am playing on Windows 7 64 bit domestic version, on a nice shiny new Acer laptop. 1366 x768 resolution, native and in the configured settings, running in windowed mode because I couldn't get fullscreen to work (it would just show a black screen, play a second or two of music and then crash). I have 4 gigs of ram, an intel integrated crap graphics card, and an intel 2.1 ghz processor. I run it as administrator, and it runs smoothly for the most part. The only other problem I have run into is the opening movie plays really slow and glitchy. It is weird, because it doesn't play slow when I first start FF7, only when I start a new game, and the movies all play fine when I run them from the movie folder. I just downloaded some updated codecs so I will see if that works, but thanks in advance for any help.
That type of error usually implies that something is wrong with the AI script code that's making things not work. I do believe that I've tested and re-tested Guard Scorpion's AI so it *should* be fine, however, this could be an issue with corruption or some kind of win7 incompatibility... Try downloading NFITC1's "ProudClod" utility and installing my PrC scene.bin patch (available on this thread) with it, and tell me if the issue persists. You shouldn't need to start a new game.

Titeguy.

We Love you.
:-D

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
VERSION 2.4 IS UP!

With this version, I've fixed the destruct materia bug, and you can also now choose freely between playing in "Hardcore Mode" or Normal (Remastered) Mode like so:

I've also verified that the Guard Scorpion crash is unique to your install somethingerotic, so I think that either your scene.bin is corrupt, or there's some kind of memory management issue with Win7 that's making it crash.

MitchDouglas

Well I at least know now what happens when the AP has gone over the intended limit; It has all four stars highlighted, the required AP says 0, but killing anything to try and level it up does nothing. Looks like I may have to go without Master Magic in my current save. :S

Beavii

• View Profile
Just started playing hardcore mode.....

Who had the silly idea that loosing one character makes game over.......

There is so many unstopable* things in the game that will ruin the game unless you cheat....

Yet another mod to manually change.....

*Death Machine Petrifying in the Bombing Mission Is Reatarded with this mod*

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Well I at least know now what happens when the AP has gone over the intended limit; It has all four stars highlighted, the required AP says 0, but killing anything to try and level it up does nothing. Looks like I may have to go without Master Magic in my current save. :S

Use Jenova game save editor, perhaps? I'm not entirely sure what it can/can't do but its worth a try. You can find it if you search for it.

Just started playing hardcore mode.....

Who had the silly idea that loosing one character makes game over.......

There is so many unstopable* things in the game that will ruin the game unless you cheat....

Yet another mod to manually change.....

*Death Machine Petrifying in the Bombing Mission Is Reatarded with this mod*
Haha take it up with Gjoerulv. The "hardcore" mode isn't just a difficulty buff. My mod already does that. It basically makes the entire game a struggle for survival. Its only for ff7 masters and masochists haha. That being said, I do believe I'm going to start a game in hardcore mode. Keep in mind that if you're absolutely stuck at a certain point, you can play it in normal mode, then switch back to hardcore...if you want...

Beavii

• View Profile
Lol..

Not to fussed, was just a little frustrating not even getting to the first save point....

Suppose if i wasn't playing this game at work i could do "hardcore"

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Lol..

Not to fussed, was just a little frustrating not even getting to the first save point....

It's easy to switch to normal mode. Simply copy the scene.bin from any ff7 cd and place it in the data/battle folder. Keep in mind that you need to update the kernel  (use hojo. file -> update kernel).

MitchDouglas

Use Jenova game save editor, perhaps? I'm not entirely sure what it can/can't do but its worth a try. You can find it if you search for it.

Ah, that sorted the fellah out. Cheers for the recommendation. Cheesy materia combos here I come.  8-)

EDIT: I actually noticed in my version, the one I updated from 2.3.3. to 2.4, my run standard version .bat file didn't revert the files back to the normal one's when I ran it. Essentially if you update from 2.3.3 to 2.4 and run Hardcore .bat file, your files will be permanently switched around even when you run the normal remix.bat file. I was able to go in and manually edit the normal remix.bat file myself so it does this but I imagine others might not be able to do so.

EDIT2: I notice the update file also doesn't fix the destruct bug either. I'm guessing it's fixed in the full file but not the update.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-06 14:02:20 by MitchDouglas »

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
That good work. I have a question .... How do I install it on the Spanish version?

Anyway thank you!

lalfredob

Hi!
First I would like to say very thanks to you, Titeguy3. You should have spent some time making this Remix and it's perfect. The graphics are awesome! I know that much of this is work of others, but joining all these patches into one file is remarkable too.
There's just one thing that I'd like to remove, but I don't know how... I almost couldn't wait to taste the AI/weapons/armor/spells mods that you've made, but I'd like to do in the second time playing. Now I want to play without then. How can I uninstall these mods? (New Spells/Weapons/Armor, Remastered AI Script)

Thanks for all!

PS: I don't live in a English speaker country. Have been a while since I've last wrote in English, sorry for any language mistake.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Ah, that sorted the fellah out. Cheers for the recommendation. Cheesy materia combos here I come.  8-)

EDIT: I actually noticed in my version, the one I updated from 2.3.3. to 2.4, my run standard version .bat file didn't revert the files back to the normal one's when I ran it. Essentially if you update from 2.3.3 to 2.4 and run Hardcore .bat file, your files will be permanently switched around even when you run the normal remix.bat file. I was able to go in and manually edit the normal remix.bat file myself so it does this but I imagine others might not be able to do so.

EDIT2: I notice the update file also doesn't fix the destruct bug either. I'm guessing it's fixed in the full file but not the update.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix the upgrader and re-upload it now.
EDIT: The upgrader has been fixed and re-uploaded--to anyone who has already run the upgrader, just re-download it and run it again and everything should be fixed.

That good work. I have a question .... How do I install it on the Spanish version?

Anyway thank you!

Hm, Install it the same way as usual, but it'll make the dialogue and stuff in english.

Hi!
First I would like to say very thanks to you, Titeguy3. You should have spent some time making this Remix and it's perfect. The graphics are awesome! I know that much of this is work of others, but joining all these patches into one file is remarkable too.
There's just one thing that I'd like to remove, but I don't know how... I almost couldn't wait to taste the AI/weapons/armor/spells mods that you've made, but I'd like to do in the second time playing. Now I want to play without then. How can I uninstall these mods? (New Spells/Weapons/Armor, Remastered AI Script)

Thanks for all!

PS: I don't live in a English speaker country. Have been a while since I've last wrote in English, sorry for any language mistake.

It doesn't deviate from the original game too much, but this is how you get it back to normal, replace these files with the ones off of your install CD:

data\battle\scene.bin
data\kernel\kernel.bin
data\kernel\kernel2.bin
data\field\flevel.lgp

That oughta do it. Keep in mind that if the last game you ran was in hardcore mode, these files will be preceded by "n_" i.e. "data\battle\n_scene.bin"
« Last Edit: 2009-12-06 20:49:51 by titeguy3 »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 321
stop_sound
[BATTLE] endof battle.
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
100% of 15 = 15
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN

Update: I installed the PrC scene.bin patch and it works...so far. I had the same crash again when going after the next mako reactor due to a random battle, but then it didn't happen when I restarted and played through the area again. Now I just beat the second boss (airbuster, I think) and the screen faded to black at the end right after cloud fell and didn't load/transistion to the next part meeting Aeris(th). Couldn't get it to work so I just exited, and will retry soon. Full screen mode works though, and no other problems besides what appear to be fixable bugs. I'll also try the updated remix patcher tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

Something just occurred to me, this is most likely just a kernel table error. Download and install both the proud clod and the wallmarket patches to fix it OR download Hojo and just use the rebuild kernel table option, and your problem will be fixed.

albertopsp

• View Profile
Thanks, but I think I found a solution for the dialogs to appear in Spanish. Replace the file Flevel by the Spanish version ...

You think I lose some of the improvements you Patch remix?

Sorry about my English. :-)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Thanks, but I think I found a solution for the dialogs to appear in Spanish. Replace the file Flevel by the Spanish version ...

You think I lose some of the improvements you Patch remix?

Sorry about my English. :-)

Creo que todo debe estar bien.

albertopsp

• View Profile
OK jejej sabes español???

Me conformare con menus en español jeje

Beavii

• View Profile
Lol..

It's easy to switch to normal mode. Simply copy the scene.bin from any ff7 cd and place it in the data/battle folder. Keep in mind that you need to update the kernel  (use hojo. file -> update kernel).

ou clearly didn't read the forum....

Dont post unless you know what your saying......

Archu

• View Profile
Little problem here.

I've formatted my pc a while ago, re-installed ff7 and this mod.. Works fine, but there seems to be some kind of admin privileges where i can't play the mod on hardcore.
Whenever i run the hardcore mode, i get a prompt screen with "Access Denied" a few times, runs the game.. but nothing seems to be changing apart from the Normal version.

Does that mean that gjoerulv's mod and added monsters are only in the hardcore version too?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Little problem here.

I've formatted my pc a while ago, re-installed ff7 and this mod.. Works fine, but there seems to be some kind of admin privileges where i can't play the mod on hardcore.
Whenever i run the hardcore mode, i get a prompt screen with "Access Denied" a few times, runs the game.. but nothing seems to be changing apart from the Normal version.

Does that mean that gjoerulv's mod and added monsters are only in the hardcore version too?

You didn't specify but I'm guessing that you've got Windows Vista and you have UAC turned on...if so, you should already know what your problem is and how to fix it.

kaiserpc

great work titeguy3 (and all the others who made the mods)!  :-D

Haven't played FF7 for a while and just found this forum the other day - this mod will make me go back to FF7 (yet) again

for info (as has been said) make sure you turn off UAC before installing the patch.  I'm on Windows 7 64bit and I turned down the UAC to the min level and installed as administrator - and it still didn't work.  So you must disable UAC completely.  Once I reinstalled the patch (with UAC off) it worked perfectly :-)

running great here on my laptop at 1366x768 and the CDs mounted as iso files (via daemon lite)

thanks again!

griever_255

Currently, I'm using Win XP SP2 and run at 800x600 resolution .Although I have installed under the guidance of titeguy3 but i still encounter some error at the start of the game .Here is my FF7music info :

DataPath is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
DIRECT DRAW 2

DD MODE: W 720 H 480 P 720 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 848 H 480 P 848 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 1152 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 720 H 576 P 1440 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 960 H 600 P 1920 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1280 H 960 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 720 H 480 P 2880 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 848 H 480 P 3392 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 4608 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1280 H 800 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32

Ramp Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation

EXCLUSIVE MODE

INITIALIZE DD/D3D END

creating dsound primary buffer

sound initialized

midi data type: YAMAHA XG MIDI

MIDI INITIALIZED

100% of 127 = 127

Exiting MAIN

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

MIDI stop
CSA6
CSR7
 - OK

OFFSET ERROR: usfont_a_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE usfont_a_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE usfont_b_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_a_l.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_a_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_a_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_a_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_b_l.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_b_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_b_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_c_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_c_l.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_c_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_c_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_d_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_d_l.TEX

Exiting MAIN

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE usfont_a_h.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: usfont_b_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE usfont_b_h.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_a_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_a_h.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_a_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_a_h.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_b_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_b_h.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_c_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_c_h.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_c_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_c_h.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_d_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_d_h.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_d_h.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE cloud.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: barre.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE barre.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE tifa.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE earith.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: red.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE red.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE ketc.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE bins.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: cido.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE cido.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE buster.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7

OFFSET ERROR: usfont_a_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE usfont_a_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE usfont_b_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_a_l.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_a_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_a_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_a_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_b_l.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_b_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_b_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_c_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_c_l.TEX

OFFSET ERROR: btl_win_c_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_c_l.tim

ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE btl_win_d_l.TEX

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE btl_win_d_l.TEX

END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!

-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-

100% of 127 = 127

MIDI cross fade: 13, time: 4

100% of 127 = 127

stop_sound

Exiting MAIN

reading midi file: MATI.mid

MATI.mid

Midi file matched! MATI
CSA6
CSR7
File counterpart mati.mp3
Resolved to mp3\mati.mp3
Playing music
CSA6
CSR7
CSA8
Look for plugin for mp3
Init plugins
Setup input plugin: MAD Plug-in 0.15.1 (beta) (with Unicode support)
Setup output plugin: waveOut output v2.1
Init finished

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE JO_C08.S

My English is bad, please sympathy for me

Anyway, thank
 EDIT : How to make it into "code" ?
« Last Edit: 2009-12-10 01:12:13 by griever_255 »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
replace the < > 's with [ ] 's and remember to end it with "/code"

It looks like the game can't find any of it's files. Are you absolutely certain you installed the patch into where the game was installed initially? Keep in mind that if you have a 64-bit OS, then the install directory is actually "Program Files (x86)" as opposed to just "Program Files".

DerBrotkasten

First of all, I want to thank you, titeguy3, for your incredible work. You made the life of many Final Fantasy 7 fans a lot easier. And, of course, I want to thank every talented artist and coder out there, who made the content and this compilation of mods possible. This is a great community.

Since I can't do some models or textures I tought reporting bugs might be a good way to contribute.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and updated the patch from 2.3.3 to 2.4. I deactivated the UAC for testing purposes.

After the bombing mission there is some flickering in Barrets head. I had to be pretty patient to capture the exact moment.
http://666kb.com/i/berrtc7u5pews9650.jpg

Still in the train, a piece of Jessies hair is missing (iirc, then someone had this problem already)
http://666kb.com/i/berrvpuicb966f7tg.jpg

Oh, and back in Midgar? Well, let's say that Aerith isn't in the position to sing the US main theme for Final Fantasy XIII "My Hands".
http://666kb.com/i/berryyhbh7lf9zpzo.jpg
And what's with her eyes anyway?

Another issue I encountered, which is not relatet to the PRP: The direct mode of the opengl driver crashes the application after loading the save game. It says "Oops, something very bad happend." Yeah, I can see that. The game crashed. ^^

Here is the FF7music log
DataPath is C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

and the APP.LOG
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series 2.1.9026
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1400x1050, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.

INFO: Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined.

LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
ERROR: couldn't open movie file
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start

I hope I could provide enough information to detect the problem(s)

regards

Brotkasten

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Those model issues are, for the most part, known issues, and I'll see about fixing them (or replacing them altogether) in later releases. I personally know that the flickering of Barret's beard has been irking me for a while. As for the "direct mode" option, direct mode is a debugging/testing mode in which the game runs with the lgp archives extracted, to make for easier modification. The reason it crashed the game is because you probably hadn't extracted the archives, and FF7 couldn't find it's system files.

Thanks for the contribution, though, DerBrotkasten.

DerBrotkasten

Oh, I extracted the LGP files. I just thought it wasn't necessary to mention it. ;) I know what the direct mode is for and I thought it might become handy for testing some models. You made me curious, though and I checked the folders. It seems that the magic.lgp isn't fully extracted. Ficedulas LGP Tools mentions something about 5000 files and it extracts only about 3000 of them. I tried it multiple times. It doesn't matter if you decompress everything or not. So, is this a problem with the LGP Tools or with the magic.lgp?

Brotkasten