Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246525 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hi, I installed this patch and it's getting kind of annoying because of certain characters. When these characters (such as the airship crew, the bartender, dude in Fort Condor, some others I'm forgetting) are visible in the scene I get crazy mad lag, if they aren't (but still in the same area) everything is normal. Any fix for this?

That's odd, I've honestly never heard of this happening ever. Try updating Aali's driver to the latest version. you can find a link at the top of the first page. If that doesn't work, then try browsing the internet for a newer version of your graphics card's drivers. I'm fairly certain this is an issue unique to your card.

I've done both and neither has solved my problem... My graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1600 (iMac), not very good but good enough for a game like this. I really can't think of what could cause this lag. I'm going to re-install FF7 without this patch and see if it's naturally like this. Doubt it though...

I noticed that reducing the resolution from 1024x768 to 640x480 has cut down on the walking lag but moving from one screen to a new one in some areas still takes a long time... Could the problem be more with my 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo?  My CPU usage never goes over 50% so I guess it's only using one core (I guess expected)? The game either becomes super slow during transitions from one scene/area to another that has certain characters in it...

Game runs just fine without the patch, but I like the patch :(

Your CPU is fine, it's your graphics card that's probably slow. You've probably got an onboard one or something. The general lag is caused by the high resolution and high quality character model rendering, and the between frame lag time is caused by loading high resolution 2D effects/fonts. We all get that lag, but for most users, it should amount to a second of lag tops.

I had some lag when I installed the postinstall edits, and running the game windowed. Taking out the postpatch updates and running fullscreen made it run pretty slick for me (I've a 2.2 CPU myself, so I can tell you 2.2 seems to be sufficient).
Honestly I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. There aren't any "postpatch updates". If you're talking about "ff7remixpostinstall.bat", all that does is create shortcuts, configure Aali's driver, detect whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit OS, and verify that you have the truemotion codec installed. It doesn't add any modifications. Theoretically, the entire remix patch shouldn't do much of anything without that batch file.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-15 22:12:49 by titeguy3 »

vinny13

I'll try overclocking my graphics card... Might help a little. On my iMac (don't know about new ones) they've actually underclocked the cards below it's standard settings to reduce it's operating temperature since it's in a tighter space. And they solder them in. I'm never buying another Apple product :P

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I'll try overclocking my graphics card... Might help a little. On my iMac (don't know about new ones) they've actually underclocked the cards below it's standard settings to reduce it's operating temperature since it's in a tighter space. And they solder them in. I'm never buying another Apple product :P

That's wierd as hell, I didn't know about that. Just be careful when overclocking, make sure the timings and voltage of the card work with whatever frequency you clock it to.  Although I assume that if you even mention that as a possibility that you know what you're doing.  :-P

rever

Hey everybody!

I hope someone could help me, im at 2nd CD with this patch but i can't get past the Hojo battle because when he gets his third form, the game always stops. Yes, it stops not freezes. Looks like the enemy is going to cast a spell or something but then when the camera is showing my crew, the game stops.
Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance :)

ps. the log doesnt give any advice, where it goes wrong

Vick

hello and thanks for this fantastic mod :)

i have a problem and i can not find a solution

----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

ERROR:
error(#277) Symbol 'pos' usage doesn't match between two stages

ERROR:

MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
ERROR:

MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

everything works except the midi modified

I tried to reinstall everything but I always have the same problem

------------------
Windows 7 32 bit
------------------

merry x-mas to all :)

UPDATE:

ok forget it, I resolved by reinstalling the video drivers :)

« Last Edit: 2009-12-25 14:37:17 by Vick »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey everybody!

I hope someone could help me, im at 2nd CD with this patch but i can't get past the Hojo battle because when he gets his third form, the game always stops. Yes, it stops not freezes. Looks like the enemy is going to cast a spell or something but then when the camera is showing my crew, the game stops.

Thanks for pointing that out!! that's a coding error on my part, I've fixed it and updated the Proud Clod patch on the main page, download it and install it using Proud Clod (available on these forums) to fix your issue. I'll release a new version of the patch asap solving this issue.

rever

Thanks! I am yet to install it, so i wouldn't know if that patches the Malboro in the Northern Cave or don't. That monster is also bugged.

Tensa

Hey how do i delete the new spell, weapons, and amour? I tried replaceing the four file mentioned earlier in this thread but my game stopped working and i was forced to reinstall. To be honest i only want the graphics and music improveing mods, i just got into a boss fight and everyone got their limit breaks at least 3 times, i just want the original game revamped to look awesome
« Last Edit: 2009-12-27 16:48:54 by Tensa »

Snake2208

• View Profile
Hey everybody!

Thanks for pointing that out!! that's a coding error on my part, I've fixed it and updated the Proud Clod patch on the main page, download it and install it using Proud Clod (available on these forums) to fix your issue. I'll release a new version of the patch asap solving this issue.

I have the same issue, I'll wait for the next patch, yet i have another 1, at the disk 1, when you are at kalm in the in, cloud starts talking about his past, i have an issue with the first fight (when sephiroth an cloud fights a dragon),... i Never kill the dragon!!!!!, the dragon attacks normally (and kills cloud normally ;)) but when sephiroth (or cloud) attacks, it misses, all the attacks misses, when i attack with cloud, it only give me the option of attack myself, but not the option of attack the dragon or sephiroth!!! help!!!!

Edit: ohh... and remember that the new Aali's custom drivers (o.7.3b) are now available, i have played for like 2 hours without a crash, so yeah, they pretty stable, so you can add them to the next version ;) (the new transparency setting is better off, because of some crashes)

Thnx Titeguy3!!!
« Last Edit: 2009-12-28 21:18:03 by cloud2208 »

dubbedmk3

i joined this forum today just so i could say thanks to all the people who put time and effort into this remake. squaresoft/sony really let us down by not re-making final fantasy 7 like all the rumors said but you guys took it into your own hands and created something that LOTS of people have wanted for SO LONG. i can't wait to try this out, and i can't thank you all enough for making this possible. this game represents part of my childhood and contributed to who i am as a person. sure it sounds crazy but i don't care. thanks you everyone for your efforts

InuRa

• View Profile
i joined this forum today just so i could say thanks to all the people who put time and effort into this remake. squaresoft/sony really let us down by not re-making final fantasy 7 like all the rumors said but you guys took it into your own hands and created something that LOTS of people have wanted for SO LONG. i can't wait to try this out, and i can't thank you all enough for making this possible. this game represents part of my childhood and contributed to who i am as a person. sure it sounds crazy but i don't care. thanks you everyone for your efforts

Well, honestly I'm very happy that a remake of final fantasy 7 wasn't done yet for 3 reasons, 1 - It's still to early, 2 - there wouldn't be groups like these working on remakes and stuff, and 3 - most of the time when companies think about a remake, in the end (most of the time) the game endsup so different that it loses the feel of the original screwing it completely.

What they CAN DO is an "HD" version.
So, make all the area images available in 1280x720 (720p) and 1920x1080 (1080p), up the quality of the field (keep them chibi or the whole feel is lost) and battle models (Kingdom Hearts 2 quality would be 101% awesome already), make the animations better and more fun (during non-FMV cut-scenes and battles), update the FMVs to 2010 quality, fix all those typos.
What CAN be remade is technically the magic animation and the menus.

The only concern they would have to have with all this would be to make the game 100% playable with weak GPUs like the Intel 4500MHD, create the engine in OpenGL 2.1 (to avoid stupid DX future compatibility problems as happened in the past) and make it available in both physical packages (for collectors) and STEAM so the game sells well.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-30 03:18:56 by InuRa »

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Hello, ive been looking at videos on youtube about mods for the PC version and came across this which looked great, good graphics both in and off battle and not just for the characters but for the enemies too. Now bear with me please, im not too good at computers, im currently downloading Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_V2.4 (the one on front page) This will be the one to give me the mods/graphics from the videos i have seen right? Earlier i tried a sephiroth mod (play as sephiroth) but it was all glitchy and it didn't intrest me. I've read a bit of what you said and you said something about normal and hardcore? Is the difference just hardcore is a hard version of the game, and normal is the normal version but with the added graphics?

Sorry to bother you it's downloading atm, 7%  :lol:

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Umm guys, im not sure if ive done this right, ive installed the v2.4 patch, and tried playing and it's saying to play FF7 enter disk 1,2 or 3?

Whenever i click "run FF7" the screen goes black, like it would play, and then goes back to desktop, so i have no idea whether the new graphics/mods are working yet.

This was in the FF7 music config after i tried to open the game.

My pc - Dell Dimension DE051 Windows Xp

Files count: 96
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

DIRECT DRAW 2

TOTAL 0 FREE 0

DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 640 H 400 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 320 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 320 H 200 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 320 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 16

DISPLAY MODE MATCH

DD MODE: W 320 H 240 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 400 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 400 H 300 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 512 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 512 H 384 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 400 H 640 P 400 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 400 H 640 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 400 H 640 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 480 H 640 P 480 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 480 H 640 P 960 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 480 H 640 P 1920 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 600 H 800 P 600 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 600 H 800 P 1200 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 600 H 800 P 2400 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 768 H 1024 P 768 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 768 H 1024 P 1536 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 768 H 1024 P 3072 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 384 H 512 P 384 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 384 H 512 P 768 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 384 H 512 P 1536 RGB 1 BPP 32

Ramp Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation

RGB Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation

Direct3D HAL

Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL

EXCLUSIVE MODE

LOCK UNLOCK TEST

MATRIX INITIALIZE

INITIALIZE DD/D3D END

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg

initializing sound...

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\music\music.idx

creating dsound primary buffer

reading audio file

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\sound\audio.fmt
« Last Edit: 2009-12-30 19:31:51 by HelloMyNameIs »

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Posting again to stop flooding that message, extracted that driver to the FFVII folder, now when i try to play it says, No-cd patches are not supported, please use the original version?

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Anyone?

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Posting again to stop flooding that message, extracted that driver to the FFVII folder, now when i try to play it says, No-cd patches are not supported, please use the original version? I have the ultima version. Do you need the actual game disks, or do downloads work. One way it just loads up then closes, one way it says insert disk, i think i just need to remove and start from scratch but then im still going to have the same problems as last time, so what can i do?

ffs sorry guys, spam here i know, again sorry, won't happen again.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-30 20:54:27 by HelloMyNameIs »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
we don't care if you flood your post, I only care if you flood the thread. you don't have to bump the thread for an immediate response, you'll be answered when somebody has an answer.
That being said, if it asks you to insert the disc, then insert the disc. This isn't a no-cd patch nor is it compatible with no-cd patches.

dubbedmk3

i think he needs the cinepack codecs.

and i think i found a bug?

i started a new game and i'm playing up to the first boss fight but i keep dying. i know i don't suck this much. seriously though, the enemies don't die like they're supposed to.. the little mech robots before the big boss shouldn't have 800hp not to mention the boss is only supposed to have 800hp and he definitely has more.

also to mention cloud died in a battle and barret was still alive but my game still ended (game over). what gives? is this a bug?

ok to elaborate:

the sweepers in the beginning of the game should have like 180hp max and i'm hitting them with 800 damage and they still don't die. how do i fix this glitch cause i keep dying and this sucks haha
« Last Edit: 2009-12-30 21:58:17 by dubbedmk3 »

Archu

• View Profile
Doing good so far.

I've had quite a few occasions where the game has some hic-ups. Like when the selection menu opens for the character that just achieved his Limit Break, or when certain spells are casted. I've also had some crashes (not always) when using moves like "Hyper Jump" and "Quake - All" (Quake3 is it's vanilla name). Not much of a problem, but it's a nuisance when you use it in long battles.. keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't crash.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
i think he needs the cinepack codecs.

and i think i found a bug?

i started a new game and i'm playing up to the first boss fight but i keep dying. i know i don't suck this much. seriously though, the enemies don't die like they're supposed to.. the little mech robots before the big boss shouldn't have 800hp not to mention the boss is only supposed to have 800hp and he definitely has more.

also to mention cloud died in a battle and barret was still alive but my game still ended (game over). what gives? is this a bug?

ok to elaborate:

the sweepers in the beginning of the game should have like 180hp max and i'm hitting them with 800 damage and they still don't die. how do i fix this glitch cause i keep dying and this sucks haha
That's not a bug, you're playing the game in hardcore mode. use the start menu shortcuts to run the game.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
we don't care if you flood your post, I only care if you flood the thread. you don't have to bump the thread for an immediate response, you'll be answered when somebody has an answer.
That being said, if it asks you to insert the disc, then insert the disc. This isn't a no-cd patch nor is it compatible with no-cd patches.

So do i need the cd to play with this version? I would of thought that'd been stated before i downloaded, ive also read that the ultima version isn't very good. So, is there a way i can play this without having the actual disks, (i.e. downloaded version) Someone said i need the cinepack codecs?

Thanks.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Guys i've removed the ultima edition, how can i tell the difference between this and the pc version, i can't find anywhere to download the pc version.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Guys i've removed the ultima edition, how can i tell the difference between this and the pc version, i can't find anywhere to download the pc version.

You need to go buy the pc version. We don't condone piracy here.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
I have the playstation 1 version which i paid alot for so only trying to save some $ with christmas been and gone, does this work without having the cd?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I have the playstation 1 version which i paid alot for so only trying to save some $ with christmas been and gone, does this work without having the cd?
Nonono, you see, whatever your reason for pirating, we still won't give any support for a downloaded version. Partly because we don't condone it, and partly because even non-Ultima edition copies are liable to have unnecessary patches applied to them or errors either when uploading or downloading.

If you ABSOLUTELY don't want to have the disc in your computer when you play, then buy the game, make a disc image, and mount that.