Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246533 times)

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Fair enough, il look around for the pc version then. But before i do, i guess i can't do nothing by putting the ps1 disc in the pc drive right.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-01 19:19:22 by HelloMyNameIs »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Nope, at least not until (unless?) Q-Gears gets finished.

edit: Well, you could play the PS1 disc with an emulator, but then you wouldn't be able to use any of these enhancements.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Nope, at least not until (unless?) Q-Gears gets finished.

edit: Well, you could play the PS1 disc with an emulator, but then you wouldn't be able to use any of these enhancements.
Ahh that's such a shame  :-(

I really wanna play with these enhancements.!

dubbedmk3

my game crashes on disc 1 right after you blow up sector 5 and cloud falls down from the bridge. screen just goes black and nothing else.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Alright, got a pc version i can use for a while (borrowed) so, i still am having problems opening this, it still is telling me to insert disk 1, 2 or 3?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Alright, got a pc version i can use for a while (borrowed) so, i still am having problems opening this, it still is telling me to insert disk 1, 2 or 3?

You can either put the game in the cd drive or you can make image files of the discs and use daemon tools to mount them.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile

You can either put the game in the cd drive or you can make image files of the discs and use daemon tools to mount them.

I can get the game to play using the discs but it doesnt use the enhancements, so ive opened daemon tools, i guess il have to mount 3 discs? Seeing as the game is 3 discs long, or can it be done on 1? Because even with this, when i double click the run remix ms dos file it keeps on tellin me to insert ff7 game disk 1,2 or 3. And ive even tried that with the original game disk in the drive.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile

Getting there slowly, i opened daemon tools lite, mounted the disk 1 and then double clicked ms dos file - run remix ff7. It loaded up to the start screen saying new game or continue, continue was blank of course, so i selected new game but then the screen went blank and i had to exit out of it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Is it the platinum edition? The discs are mislabeled, the one that says Disc 1 is the install disc, and the one that says Disc 2 is disc 1, etc.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
my game crashes on disc 1 right after you blow up sector 5 and cloud falls down from the bridge. screen just goes black and nothing else.
try upgrading Aali's driver to the lastest version. It's simple to install, just search for "custom graphics driver ff7" on the forums and you'll find it.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Finally got it installed =] However, i was wondering if someone could help me solve a small problem, the game is set with the screen more to the right, basically when i open the menu, i can only see the first letter of the words, item, magic, materia.

Was wondering if there's a way to make it so the game is in the centre.

Just another thing, is it possible to play with a xbox controller, or a playstation controller, if so how?

Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: 2010-01-02 21:26:11 by HelloMyNameIs »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Just another thing, is it possible to play with a xbox controller, or a playstation controller, if so how?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9288.0

Snake2208

• View Profile
Hey titeguy, could you please see my post earlier for a quick response? thanks!

HelloMyNameIs:  try opening the ff7_opengl.cfg using notepad and adjust the x size and y size for example: i have an 1280x1024 monitor sooo....

window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 1024
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

and tweak the options you like!!....except: enable_postprocessing    make sure is off unless you have a fast PC

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Thanks guys!

dubbedmk3

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6843.125

i have a bug after you blow up the no. 5 reactor and cloud falls off the bridge the screen goes black and the game locks up. i installed the regular pc version (no mods) and it works fine.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey titeguy, could you please see my post earlier for a quick response? thanks!

HelloMyNameIs:  try opening the ff7_opengl.cfg using notepad and adjust the x size and y size for example: i have an 1280x1024 monitor sooo....

window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 1024
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

and tweak the options you like!!....except: enable_postprocessing    make sure is off unless you have a fast PC
I've been looking over that dragon thing, and i can't yet determine what's causing it...i didn't even change the script there... if you're still stuck at him, run the game in hardcore mode for just that part, save, and switch back. I'm going to keep looking into what's causing the problem...

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Just a minor problem for me, my game is a bit laggy, it works and all but it's a bit of a pain, the menu pops up a bit slow, things like when a battle starts, it stops for a second and then carrys on, and sometime some of the effects, like barret shootin his bullets fall on the floor like a little late and all, anything i could do to help this? Sometimes when i exit and try to open again it doesn't, music comes up and the ms system thing (black box) but the game don't load.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Just a minor problem for me, my game is a bit laggy, it works and all but it's a bit of a pain, the menu pops up a bit slow, things like when a battle starts, it stops for a second and then carrys on, and sometime some of the effects, like barret shootin his bullets fall on the floor like a little late and all, anything i could do to help this? Sometimes when i exit and try to open again it doesn't, music comes up and the ms system thing (black box) but the game don't load.

Also the music is overlapping, for example when you're on the train and the id scanner goes off, that and the music when you rest are going off at the same time. I am also having trouble trying to connect the xbox controller for ingame use.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-03 18:24:57 by HelloMyNameIs »

boondocksaint

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone here could please share the Remix patcher on a Emule link or similar, or even on a ftp site, as the server can not resume the download should anything happen. Or maybe if it is possible to split the download into smaller chunks to download.

The connection here in South Africa isn't to great :)

Best Regards

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Ok so the problems im having (put into one post and i haven't explained properly)

are:

Music sometimes overlaps, for instance, the rest music and other music like the slums play at the sametime and make's it weird.

The game lags a bit, (battle) and some text messages.

Once im in the game, i can only exit by quitting from the start menu, not sure if you can exit by pressing windows key or whatever, but i can't < not much of a big deal. But what is, is if ive exited the game, it has trouble opening again and i have to end up restarting my computer just to open it, the system (black box) appears and music, but no game.

And last but not least i can't get to play with the xbox 360 controller, ive installed it, via play and charge kit lead, but when i go to config during game and try to select buttons the game crashes, maybe you don't set it up like this but i downloaded xpadder and that seems to be doing nothing for me.

My computer is slower but that's understandable as i have installed the game and takes up about 4.3gb, however i have 31.7gb used space but 39.7gb free space, so it's not like im short of space?

Thanks a bunch.

Snake2208

• View Profile
   titeguy3:
I just reinstall the 2.4 patch, but same issue as before, played in hardcore and i could actually control sephiroth, same problem, could only attack myself in the dragon battle and even in the rest of the "cloud's past" battles..... but at least items and magic worked good, so i killed it and finally continue..... plz try to find a fix to this, TNX!!!!!!!!!!!

HelloMyNameIs:
MUSIC:
That music overlap is kinda weird, try to check the ff7music.exe configuration, on playback options there's a midi controls, check your midi device and check a box that says "mute midi on custom playback" or something, save and exit the program and then open it and try again.
If that doesn't work go to volume control (your PC defult volume program) and turn down completely the SW synth volume.

Game Lags:
Open the ff7_opengl.cfg and check if everything is ok, you can lower a little the resolution (1280x1024------>1152x864), turn off shaders, check if post processing is OFF!!!!!

Other:
Exit with ctrl+q or F4, some times it doesn't really closes, i mean, it closes but you cant open it again or stuff like that, soo just press ctrl+alt+supr to open the task manager, search for ff7.exe on processes, right click on it and select end process, and yes. you should be able to run it again without restarting your PC

Hope It Helps!!!!!
« Last Edit: 2010-01-04 23:24:16 by cloud2208 »

boondocksaint

Hi Guys

Sorry to spam the thread. A rapidshare link would also do the job. I'm getting max speeds of like 56k and the connection keeps on timing out.

Regards

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
hey, whats the music when i sleep in ff7music?

steiner_doan

Well, I have already installed the patch... but my computer has some problem with playing movie in the game. Therefore, I couldn't even start the new game. Just whenever it comes to the movie... my screen just become black... Any help?

Dr Funk

well I just wanted to say thank you for putting this all togeather. I'm new here and i've been a fan of FF7 for years

So i just installed remix 2.4 installer and aali's custom driver

I extracted Aali's driver to my FF7 folder. I try to use the 64bitpostinstall file and also  and i "system cannot find FF7OpenGL.reg"

The game is working fine with the updates and mods from the remix. It won't allow me to play in window mode i think cause it can't find that file or something.. I watched your tutorial and i have my opengl config settings set to 1280 x 960 and in smartbloom. I'm not exactly sure what is the best setting bloom2 or smartbloom, i dont see a difference but i dont think i have it configured right. When i try to make the game window mode it won't work either.  I'm not exactly sure if I am using the 64bitdriver.. how can i make sure i am?  

any help is much apprecaited.thanks

also to the post above about the games movie not working http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising you need that codec listed on the sight most likley im guessing
« Last Edit: 2010-01-05 09:59:40 by Dr Funk »