Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246528 times)

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
  titeguy3:
I just reinstall the 2.4 patch, but same issue as before, played in hardcore and i could actually control sephiroth, same problem, could only attack myself in the dragon battle and even in the rest of the "cloud's past" battles..... but at least items and magic worked good, so i killed it and finally continue..... plz try to find a fix to this, TNX!!!!!!!!!!!

HelloMyNameIs:
MUSIC:
That music overlap is kinda weird, try to check the ff7music.exe configuration, on playback options there's a midi controls, check your midi device and check a box that says "mute midi on custom playback" or something, save and exit the program and then open it and try again.
If that doesn't work go to volume control (your PC defult volume program) and turn down completely the SW synth volume.

Game Lags:
Open the ff7_opengl.cfg and check if everything is ok, you can lower a little the resolution (1280x1024------>1152x864), turn off shaders, check if post processing is OFF!!!!!

Other:
Exit with ctrl+q or F4, some times it doesn't really closes, i mean, it closes but you cant open it again or stuff like that, soo just press ctrl+alt+supr to open the task manager, search for ff7.exe on processes, right click on it and select end process, and yes. you should be able to run it again without restarting your PC

Hope It Helps!!!!!

Thanks alot for your help, turned shaders off and set the resoultion to what my screen is, however i got a feeling that just turning the shaders off what solve the lag problem  :? I will remember the task manager for in future use, will also check out the music.

enable_postprocessing = no

I'm not very good at this but if your having a problem i'll try my best to help you as uve helped me  :mrgreen:

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Well, I have already installed the patch... but my computer has some problem with playing movie in the game. Therefore, I couldn't even start the new game. Just whenever it comes to the movie... my screen just become black... Any help?

I downloaded K-lite codec pack and it solved my problem, should work 4 u.

Edit: I think i'll have to not play, the lag makes the game unjoyable which is a real shame, espically the materia screen is real slow, and when getting the menu up takes a while, just some things are delayed like the start of fights, some txt messages and during the fight like running over to an enemy, my pc has got alot slower since ive installed ff7, perhaps playing in a window mode would be a good idea? Also im unsure if this has anything to do with it but everytime i open the game, an error message comes up and says something like to check my app.log, but the game still works, unless someone knows which will stop the lag, i think il have to leave playing for a while, thanks anyway
« Last Edit: 2010-01-05 13:39:48 by HelloMyNameIs »

steiner_doan

I am now able to play the movie in the game... But when I upgrade to v2.4, the game's just stop working when I press new game... any help??

steiner_doan

Also, I'm having some graphic problems here. Cloud's sword and Barret's figure just appear black... black... black except for Cloud... Anyone knows why?@_@

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
I am now able to play the movie in the game... But when I upgrade to v2.4, the game's just stop working when I press new game... any help??
Upgrade? Install FF7, then install remix, use daemon tools and mount the disc you are on. Then double click run ff7 remix it should work. I messed mine up a bit, i had to install them again as i installed remix before the ff7.

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
Is it just me, or does big/mighty guard run out alot faster on this patch?

hailjules

is the 1.69gb includes the ff7 pc game?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile

Nope, as that would be illegal, it just contains the mods listed in the first post.

hailjules

Nope, as that would be illegal, it just contains the mods listed in the first post.

is this patch working on ff7 pc ultima edition? and if it doesnt, can you tell where i can get a ff7 pc version(not the ultima edition) TIA

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile

is this patch working on ff7 pc ultima edition? and if it doesnt, can you tell where i can get a ff7 pc version(not the ultima edition) TIA
Pretty much nothing works right on Ultima Edition, and it's not supported here at these forums (nor are any other pirated copies).

You can get a legit copy on eBay, maybe at a local thrift store or garage sale if you're lucky.

Fire_Emblem_776

Wow it works great. The only thing i noticed was that the victory fanfare comes on a little late. But that doesn't bother me i love this new music.

finalfantim

• View Profile
Nice WORK!!! :-o

Its nice to hear my remastered tracks with the actual ingame footage   :lol:
Im currently playing FFVIII with the new high res patch/driver but I want to play FFVII again and this patch safe's me alot of patching trouble, so thank you!

Darken

Hey guys if anyone knows... how can i play this full screen?

diogonegri

Hey guys, I need some help, I installed FFVII ultima edition, and ok, i could run it easily, no problems.
But then i download 2.4 remix and installed it in the folder, everything on the installation went ok, but when i run ffvii.exe It says that "no cd detected, insert disc 1,2 or 3"
Can anyone help me? I really want to play this

Ah, and I already mounted the disc dummy on the daemon tools and the game still doesn't detect =/
« Last Edit: 2010-01-24 16:31:29 by diogonegri »

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
I installed FFVII ultima edition,

Then you won't be getting any help, Ultima Edition is a pirate copy of the game.

riccckkk

Hey guys, I installed and everything was ok during the installation.
But when I try to open the game I get a or a window saying "Error loading movie plugin, cannot continue" or a blackscreen =/
pleasee give a help?

I dunno if its related, but i get an error when i open FF7RemixShortcuts64.vbs or FF7RemixShortcuts.vbs

Another details, in ff7 config, on the 8bit paletted textures theres nothing but "---"
And I couldn't install the game on the right folder, as im brazilian, is there a problem about the game being on a folder called "C:\Arquivos de programas\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII"

Please help me
« Last Edit: 2010-01-24 18:19:35 by riccckkk »

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
Still not going to help you if you re-register.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Wow it works great. The only thing i noticed was that the victory fanfare comes on a little late. But that doesn't bother me i love this new music.
Thanks, you might be able to fix the music lag by following the guide to making the music loop seamlessly on the first page.

Nice WORK!!! :-o

Its nice to hear my remastered tracks with the actual ingame footage   :lol:
Im currently playing FFVIII with the new high res patch/driver but I want to play FFVII again and this patch safe's me alot of patching trouble, so thank you!
Thank YOU for remastering the tracks, FFT! The modded game was missing that extra "wow" factor beforehand.

Hey guys if anyone knows... how can i play this full screen?
You goto the ff7 config file (unless something went wrong during installation, you should have a start menu shortcut for it), and set "Fullscreen = yes". To see this, check out the OpenGL tutorial video on my youtube page linked to in the first post.

Hey guys, I need some help, I installed FFVII ultima edition, and ok, i could run it easily, no problems.
But then i download 2.4 remix and installed it in the folder, everything on the installation went ok, but when i run ffvii.exe It says that "no cd detected, insert disc 1,2 or 3"
Can anyone help me? I really want to play this

Ah, and I already mounted the disc dummy on the daemon tools and the game still doesn't detect =/
I can't help you if you have the Ultima Edition but if you decide to get a legit version of the game, as long as the drive in your registry files is the same as the drive you put your Game disc in, the game should work fine.

Hey guys, I installed and everything was ok during the installation.
But when I try to open the game I get a or a window saying "Error loading movie plugin, cannot continue" or a blackscreen =/
pleasee give a help?

I dunno if its related, but i get an error when i open FF7RemixShortcuts64.vbs or FF7RemixShortcuts.vbs

Another details, in ff7 config, on the 8bit paletted textures theres nothing but "---"
And I couldn't install the game on the right folder, as im brazilian, is there a problem about the game being on a folder called "C:\Arquivos de programas\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII"

Please help me
Arquivos de programas? i thought people in Brazil spoke Portuguese? oh well. that shouldn't be a problem so long as that's where the %ProgramFiles% variable goes. Do you have the shortcuts in your start menu?
Try the following things and tell me if they work:
*Google search "CCCP" (Combined Community Codec Pack), download and install it. It's a codec pack, if the issue is decoding the video, that should fix it.
*Try upgrading to the lastest version of Aali's driver. You should be able to find it by searching for "Custom graphics driver for ff7" at the main page.
*Replace the videos in your "FF7\movies" folder with the ones from the original FF7 disc. You'll have old FMV's, but as long as the game works, right?

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
diogonegri and Riccckkk are the same guy, email is the same except the numbers at the end.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
diogonegri and Riccckkk are the same guy, email is the same except the numbers at the end.
you're absolutely right. Good call. Regardless, his ff7 isn't gonna work properly unless he finds a legit copy.

krutenx

Why the scenario on my game is so pixelated?  :|
The version for pc is like that or is it error from my computer?
I wish I could play like psx, with those beautiful scenarios.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Why the scenario on my game is so pixelated?  :|
The version for pc is like that or is it error from my computer?
I wish I could play like psx, with those beautiful scenarios.

erm...the game should look amazing... like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gn9_z1kYEk&feature=PlayList&p=8CD0A7B50B8F1569&index=0
make sure you've configured the settings and installed the patch properly. This video should explain it pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flnmZEtVqls&feature=PlayList&p=8CD0A7B50B8F1569&index=5

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile

Hahaha, oh wow!

That diogonegri/riccckkk thing was the worst bit of sock-puppetry I've ever seen :-D

krutenx

Hey guys, I installed the remix version, but i would like just to put back the characters during the game and during battle to old graphics, the classic ones, is there anyway that i can do that without removing ffvii remix?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I installed the remix version, but i would like just to put back the characters during the game and during battle to old graphics, the classic ones, is there anyway that i can do that without removing ffvii remix?

yeah, replace ff7\data\battle\battle.lgp and ff7\data\field\char.lgp with the original ones on your install disc. (if the last game you ran was in hardcore mode, battle.lgp might be called "n_battle.lgp"
you shouldn't mess with "h_battle.lgp" though.