Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246537 times)

krutenx

Hey guys, I installed the remix version, but i would like just to put back the characters during the game and during battle to old graphics, the classic ones, is there anyway that i can do that without removing ffvii remix?

yeah, replace ff7\data\battle\battle.lgp and ff7\data\field\char.lgp with the original ones on your install disc. (if the last game you ran was in hardcore mode, battle.lgp might be called "n_battle.lgp"
you shouldn't mess with "h_battle.lgp" though.

Thaaaanks, just to bother a bit more, is there any section with custom battle.lgp and char.lgp ones? I'd love to find different ones

popololo

THanks a lot. You are Gods :D.
This release works on french version :p
THanks a lot, thanks :'( I love it :D
FFVII I come back, Warnin Sephiroth I am ur evil  :mrgreen:

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile
dude it's me again i can't get the patch to work again and i don't know why..

it won't work again in window mode but the difference is that i can see the fmv's but i cant see the title screen nor the game itself

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile
it works! but I've tried a different opengl

but there is a error when i enter random battles

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Alright, v2.5 is finally here!

I haven't been able to trace the root of the flashback dragon targeting glitch, but I did implement a workaround in this version.
Also, Aali's driver, gjoerulv's mod, and the Graphical Overhaul have all been updated.

I'll release new updates as I find reason to.
The installer is up as of now, and the upgrader link will be up and running soon enough.

Corruption

• View Profile

I haven't been able to trace the root of the flashback dragon targeting glitch, but I did implement a workaround in this version.
Also, Aali's driver, gjoerulv's mod, and the Graphical Overhaul have all been updated.

The installer is up as of now, and the upgrader link will be up and running soon enough.

Is the Hotkey to skip cutscene patch in this also? j/w

and If it is which key is the hotkey? (I already using 2.4 of ur installer :) Nice work haha )

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

and If it is which key is the hotkey? (I already using 2.4 of ur installer :) Nice work haha )

I think it's either ctrl+s or alt+s... Keep in mind the music will have a delayed start if you skip the opening cutscene, since it's cued to start when the cutscene ends normally.

Corruption

• View Profile

I think it's either ctrl+s or alt+s... Keep in mind the music will have a delayed start if you skip the opening cutscene, since it's cued to start when the cutscene ends normally.
Ahh Thanks and Will do good sir.
Thanks for making this incredible package. Made it really easy to install all the cool things haha :)

I'm putting this on my USB Drive along with my FF7 back-ups just in-case if my discs break and if my comp needs reformatting.

:D

Edit:

Just got the following error while trying to install the upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 package.

Code: [Select]
CRC failed in textures\WMRP\maps\midlmap_00.png
Unexpected end of archive
« Last Edit: 2010-02-14 03:16:10 by Corruption »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Thanks for making this incredible package. Made it really easy to install all the cool things haha :)

I'm putting this on my USB Drive along with my FF7 back-ups just in-case if my discs break and if my comp needs reformatting.

Edit:

Just got the following error while trying to install the upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 package.

Yeah the upgrader isn't fully up yet, it's still uploading at 81%, it'll be done by 2:30 AM EST

AngeBleu

• View Profile
I have done convert:

Custom Barret Battle Mod to Field Mod
APZ Cloud Battle Mod to field and WorldMap Mod

If you want, I'll can post them, with permission of APZ Freak and permission of Timu Sumisu, of course  ;)
« Last Edit: 2010-02-14 15:05:27 by AngeBleu »

Corruption

• View Profile

Edit:

Yeah the upgrader isn't fully up yet, it's still uploading at 81%, it'll be done by 2:30 AM EST

o lol

P.s. How to use the PrC and WM mods? xd
« Last Edit: 2010-02-14 16:25:58 by Corruption »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
They're automatically in the installer, but... in Proud Clod or WallMarket, click file....apply patch.

Corruption

• View Profile
They're automatically in the installer, but... in Proud Clod or WallMarket, click file....apply patch.

Aah thanks :)

Edit:

What's the issue with the lines near text/hp&mp bars and how can I fix it?

Also is your patch supposed to add limit and wait bar together (To where they sit on-top of one another)??

Sorry for being so mod dumb xD
« Last Edit: 2010-02-14 22:38:21 by Corruption »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Turn on fancy transparency in aali's driver.

Corruption

• View Profile
Turn on fancy transparency in aali's driver.

I did and it fixed the first issue (It made the game darker overall, idk if it supposed to do this), but it didn't merge the limit and wait bars.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-15 00:08:03 by Corruption »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
No it will not do that. I am not sure what patch does that. I think the 9999hp patch

Corruption

• View Profile
No it will not do that. I am not sure what patch does that. I think the 9999hp patch

Ahh :D

Thanks!!!

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
is the version of hc mode before or after the insert of a boss for counter materia?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
is the version of hc mode before or after the insert of a boss for counter materia?
It's the latest version, v1.0, so I'm inclined to say after.
There shouldn't be any issues with that, though, so long as "fancy_transparency" is kept turned off.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-15 14:34:28 by titeguy3 »

cooLopke

Hi

titeguy3: first of all thanks for this awesome patcher!

Second is that I only encounter one problem while playing the game. Everything works perfectly and running smoothly. But the only video that gives me a hard time is the one right after going to new game. The sound doesn't sync with the video and I think the video is going slower than normally. The weird part is that if I go to movies in Final Fantasy VII/movies folder and I watch opening.avi everything goes very smoothly.

I read that I can replace the hi-res videos with the low res, but that would be a real bummer, since everything works perfectly besides that it only goes slow in the game.

What I already tried is:

- Setting the game to a lower resolution - doesn't help at all, it's still the same.
- also in smartbloom i changed to low resolution, but that doesn't help either.
- post-processing is turned off.

I really have no idea actually..

My settings are:

Intel core 2 duo T8100 @ 2.1 Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Gfx: Ati Mobility Radeon HD2600

I installed last version 2.5 release of the patcher.

I hope you can fix my problem! Thanks.

Grtz

cooLopke

edit: also when I set show fps on than I c that the video is running at 15 frames/second which is normal if I check the .avi file.

What I also tried is installing the CCCP pack but with no changing result..
« Last Edit: 2010-02-16 01:00:46 by cooLopke »

SmallsJr.

Is it possible to apply the kernel/AI mods on a kernel with the hardcore mod already patched to it?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hi

titeguy3: first of all thanks for this awesome patcher!

Second is that I only encounter one problem while playing the game. Everything works perfectly and running smoothly. But the only video that gives me a hard time is the one right after going to new game. The sound doesn't sync with the video and I think the video is going slower than normally. The weird part is that if I go to movies in Final Fantasy VII/movies folder and I watch opening.avi everything goes very smoothly.

I read that I can replace the hi-res videos with the low res, but that would be a real bummer, since everything works perfectly besides that it only goes slow in the game.

What I already tried is:

- Setting the game to a lower resolution - doesn't help at all, it's still the same.
- also in smartbloom i changed to low resolution, but that doesn't help either.
- post-processing is turned off.

I really have no idea actually..

My settings are:

Intel core 2 duo T8100 @ 2.1 Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Gfx: Ati Mobility Radeon HD2600

I installed last version 2.5 release of the patcher.

I hope you can fix my problem! Thanks.

Grtz

cooLopke

edit: also when I set show fps on than I c that the video is running at 15 frames/second which is normal if I check the .avi file.

What I also tried is installing the CCCP pack but with no changing result..

Yeah that opening video is a little much for some computers, especially if you have an onboard gfx chipset. Just swap it out for the default one off the install CD if it isn't working properly.

Is it possible to apply the kernel/AI mods on a kernel with the hardcore mod already patched to it?
Well..yeah it's possible but...they'd just overlap. I'd definitely not recommend modifying the hardcore mode files.

SmallsJr.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.  I appreciate the quick response.

SmallsJr.

cooLopke

Even if I set the resolution of the video lower it still doesn't fix it. I also tried changing the audio rate to 44100hz, but that also doesn't fix the problem. I really don't have a clue at all why it's causing a delay..

edit: FIXED: Changed resolution to 640 x 480 and set audio to full processing. Especially the audio to full processing did the trick!
« Last Edit: 2010-02-16 11:39:21 by cooLopke »

dolphingunblade

it wont let me download the patcher, it keeps saying forbidden and 404, am i doing something wrong or is it down?