Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246553 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Thanks to both. BTW just two more questions  :-D isn't there a way to get rid of the black part of the screen that's ALWAYS down there? I remember screenshots from Gamespot that didn't have it.
Like this one:

And, titeguy3 are you planning to release a similar patch for FFVIII? I miss playing that game too! I know your patch is made of many, but it's really easy to apply and many of us would be really thankful for that.

Hm, I'm not sure, it's never really bugged me so I've never tried to get rid of it. If there is a way, I don't know it off the top of my head. You could try playing with different resolutions and toggling the "maintain_aspect_ratio" option and the windowed option, but I don't know that any of that will work.

As for FFVIII, seeing as how I only own the game for PSX, I doubt it.

Sk-F

• View Profile
Actually, it isn't a matter of changing resolution; it's more like making that specific portion of the screen visible in battles. If you were to change resolution the black zone would change too. Never found a way to fix it, though. I suppose Gamespot screenshots were promo pictures, since I've never seen anyone without the annoying black strip under the character status bar.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-24 11:20:23 by Sk-F »

Crosher

Does this patcher work for the german version of FFVII?

Aali

• View Profile
It's quite easy to get rid of the black area under the battle menu, but personally I just find it annoying. You can't really see anything down there since it's so small so it just ends up being distracting noise.

It could work with a semi-transparent battle menu though, but that's a bit more work for me.

Sk-F

• View Profile
Wow, really? You could get rid of that black part? Looking forward to seeing it!  :)

The semi-transparent battle menu would be AWESOME, by the way.

obesebear

• View Profile
It's quite easy to get rid of the black area under the battle menu, but personally I just find it annoying. You can't really see anything down there since it's so small so it just ends up being distracting noise.

It could work with a semi-transparent battle menu though, but that's a bit more work for me.
I'm pretty sure I remember someone exploring this option a while back, but they found out that nothing was rendered behind it...  Could be wrong though.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Does this patcher work for the german version of FFVII?

Try it out and see. I think most of the features should work. If you want to keep the game in German, there's instructions for that in purple on the first page.

srps

• View Profile
I'm having some weird glitch running version 2.5 of the remix. I've never tried any previous version before by the way.

In battles, my characters that aren't selected by the cursor become untextured, just blank. Pics below:

Any ideas of what could be causing this? I'm running it on Windows 7 64bits, on a Core2Quad Q6600 and a Radeon 5770, Catalyst 10.2

It happens on either fullscreen \ windowed mode, aspected ratio preserved or not, and fancy_transparency on \ off

Thanks

Mako

• View Profile
Thank you once again sl1982. I've installed the Spanish fonts, but I believe I've found a problem with files USBHxx.PNG and USBLxx.PNG (where xx are all the numbers included in them).

The problem is nothing serious, but I'd like to tell you in case you could fix it (or at least tell me how I could fix it myself). It's related to the height of two capital letters with accents that are included in those files (A and E). More specifically, how their height including accents affect two other letters that are right above them in the chart: "l" and "n". Check these pictures taken from the chart, so that you can see it clearly:

//////////

As a result, every single time letters "l" or "n" appear on screen they include annoying dots below (which are, in fact, remains of the accents of the capital letters below them in the chart):

You see? So, is there a way to adjust those letters in the charts to avoid this?  :?
Sorry for all the trouble I'm causing you all.

Hey Sk-F I will look that up when I get home It shouldn't be to hard to fix. Look for a release later today or early tomorrow.

Sk-F

• View Profile
Thank you Mako! That's very kind of you, I appreciate it. ;)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I'm having some weird glitch running version 2.5 of the remix. I've never tried any previous version before by the way.

In battles, my characters that aren't selected by the cursor become untextured, just blank. Pics below:

Any ideas of what could be causing this? I'm running it on Windows 7 64bits, on a Core2Quad Q6600 and a Radeon 5770, Catalyst 10.2

It happens on either fullscreen \ windowed mode, aspected ratio preserved or not, and fancy_transparency on \ off

Thanks
I've seen this before. What version of FF7 do you have?

Sk-F

• View Profile
titeguy3, got some problems after leaving Shinra for the 1st time: Highway minigame is still pretty fast (no lightspeed but definitely twice as fast as it was intended to be, if not more), even having vsync and framelimiter on. Also, when fighting Motor ball at the end of the minigame the game freezes whenever the boss throws Rolling Fire (the flamethrower). I got pretty much every filter on: smartbloom, linear... just in case it's of any help.
My APP.LOG is really long (160 KB). Link here: http://rapidshare.com/files/355468783/APP.LOG  
Got any idea to throw some light here?
Thanks.

EDIT: OK, solved it, kinda. I turned off every filter and eventually I could get through that boss. Anyway, I still would like to know why that ocurred and if there's something I can do to play minigames at a normal pace.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 02:24:56 by Sk-F »

srps

• View Profile

Thanks
I've seen this before. What version of FF7 do you have?

Normal version of the game, I suppose. The one distributed by Eidos, with install CD + 3 game CDs.

I didn't install any patch prior to this one, I installed the game, installed the Remix 2.5 patch (I installed it in "D:\Final Fantasy VII" to keep my disk organized), modified 64bitpostinstall.bat, FF7RemixShortcuts64.vbs and ff7movkeyD64.reg to match the installation dir. I ran into a few problems starting the game, but solved them tweaking some sound settings in FF7music.exe after checking what was wrong in the logs.

I also installed Team Avalanche high res patch (beta 9), but that was after I discovered the problem. It smoothed out a lot of stuff, but didn't solve the problem unfortunately.

Any hints?

Thanks

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
titeguy3, got some problems after leaving Shinra for the 1st time: Highway minigame is still pretty fast (no lightspeed but definitely twice as fast as it was intended to be, if not more), even having vsync and framelimiter on. Also, when fighting Motor ball at the end of the minigame the game freezes whenever the boss throws Rolling Fire (the flamethrower). I got pretty much every filter on: smartbloom, linear... just in case it's of any help.
My APP.LOG is really long (160 KB). Link here: http://rapidshare.com/files/355468783/APP.LOG  
Got any idea to throw some light here?
Thanks.

EDIT: OK, solved it, kinda. I turned off every filter and that fixed the problem. Anyway, I still would like to know why that ocurred and if there's something I can do to play minigames at a normal pace.

are you playing the game in direct mode? It couldn't find so many files...I'm surprised the game worked at all...
It says "L2 Overflow"...and Aali would know better than me but that leads me to believe that you didn't have enough L2 Cache to render the attack..?

Oh btw, the bike minigame is framelimited, that's the rate that Aali's driver limits it to. I'm not sure if it's as fast as the psx version, but I think it's fine.

@srps Is the top pic after you installed the Team Avalanche patch and the bottom before? It looks like the game isn't finding the textures...show me your app.log and I might have an idea as to why...
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 03:01:55 by titeguy3 »

srps

• View Profile
@srps Is the top pic after you installed the Team Avalanche patch and the bottom before? It looks like the game isn't finding the textures...show me your app.log and I might have an idea as to why...

No, both are with the patch installed. The top one shows Barret selected by the cursor, as shown by the yellow pyramid on top of him. If cloud were selected, Cloud would be textured and Barret untextured instead. When none are selected (ATB not full), both are untextured.

This is with or without Team Avalanche patch.

http://rapidshare.com/files/355492305/APP.LOG

APP.LOG here. I killed the game with alt + f4, hence the ERROR in the last line.

Edit: Removed some info that I found to be inconsistent, and probably just a visual mistake on my side.

I think I've found some new info, though, will try to get a couple more screenies up.

Edit 2: Alright, new screens

As you can see, if Cloud's in the top row, and he is selected, both his and Barret textures look ok. As soon as Cloud is de-selected or ordered to attack \ use item \ etc they both lose theire textures.

In this picture you can see that although no one is selected, Cloud is textured fine. I just swapped Cloud with Barret (that is, put Barret on first position and Cloud on second). Barret still has no texture though.

Cloud is still on the second position, and textured. Barret is now selected and as usual, he regains the texture when selected.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 03:44:35 by srps »

Mako

• View Profile
Okay here's your fix...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9O5COJRG

Also sl_1982 if you want this just take it (after all its yours). This fix's the dots on the text on screen.

Sk-F

• View Profile
Many thanks, Mako! I'm downloading the file right now  :D

And Titeguy3, my ff7_opengl.cfg states that direct_mode is off, so I believe that's not the problem. Maybe it's related with having installed the game on a different location :? but as I said, as soon as I turned off the filters it worked. Weird

EDIT: The fonts work WONDERS!  ;) Thank you so much Mako. Which program did you use to fix it?
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 14:10:58 by Sk-F »

Aali

• View Profile

I'm pretty sure I remember someone exploring this option a while back, but they found out that nothing was rendered behind it...  Could be wrong though.

That doesn't really apply with the custom driver, I decide whats rendered where. :)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
New crash at the Nibelheim batle with sephiroth and the mako creature.
It tries to get spells/fire2/faiga_2_00.png when it should be fire3/faiga or fire2/faira.

obesebear

• View Profile
That doesn't really apply with the custom driver, I decide whats rendered where. :)

Well hot damn that sounds awesome!  I didn't realize the driver gave you THAT much control over the game. 

EDIT
Curious, does this mean it could be possible to render everything widescreen without the stretching?
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 18:17:18 by obesebear »

Mako

• View Profile
Well SKF I used photoshop but you can use pretty much ANY photo editing proggy.

eXistenZe I will look into it tonight I've got a save right near there just a simple HEX update should do it shouldn't be to hard to fix.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
New crash at the Nibelheim batle with sephiroth and the mako creature.
It tries to get spells/fire2/faiga_2_00.png when it should be fire3/faiga or fire2/faira.

That's bizarre, was the monster trying to do fire2 or fire3?

Sk-F

• View Profile
Aali, is your latest driver included in titeguy3 2.5 patch? If not, could you provide a link to download it?

BTW, I assume it doesn't have an option to remove the black bar yet; but are you actually planning to work on it?

Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: 2010-02-26 01:16:41 by Sk-F »

Mako

• View Profile
Aali, is your latest driver included in titeguy3 2.5 patch? If not, could you provide a link to download it?

BTW, I assume it doesn't have an option to remove the black bar yet; but are you actually planning to work on it?

Here you go...

http://backup.ninjaloot.se/share/ff7_opengl-0.7.3b.zip

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

The version in the patch is v0.7.3b.