Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246531 times)

Xelane

• View Profile
Damn you work fast Ammo.

I didn't even get to say mai g00b135  :cry:

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Sorry my fault

OrionMan

No sl, in this case he is blatantly saying the mod is his, and he and some others stole the document and relocated to a private forum.  I havent read his reply yet as I am under crap proxy at mo.

Xelane

• View Profile
....Didn't we just do this like.....not even 5 minutes ago?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No sl, in this case he is blatantly saying the mod is his, and he and some others stole the document and relocated to a private forum.  I havent read his reply yet as I am under crap proxy at mo.

Well I may be mistaken Seifer. He says it is his own work. You say it is yours. Without going through and comparing every translation I wouldnt be able to say either way. But at the very least your reputation is very tarnished and he is a productive member of this forum. You do realize that if people are translating from japanese to english two different people can come up with at least some of the same words.

OrionMan

You admitted to using our work and to taking the document.  You are now refusing to acknowledge that some of that mod you have and prob a majority of its to do with weapons armours etc, are basically ripped directly from our work and research.

I will be posting your reply on my forum and elsewhere so people know about you.  If you have any decency left in you, you will give credit where it is due.  My team and I slaved our asses off and we didnt do that just so you could turn round, call it shit, alter small bits and claim its yours.

It isn't on

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you talking to me? Because we arent really the same person. And if you are talking to me i really dont care what you post on the internet about me.

OrionMan

Well I may be mistaken Seifer. He says it is his own work. You say it is yours. Without going through and comparing every translation I wouldnt be able to say either way. But at the very least your reputation is very tarnished and he is a productive member of this forum. You do realize that if people are translating from japanese to english two different people can come up with at least some of the same words.

My problem is

a.  He admitted it a few months back
b.  He took the document, if he didnt intend to use it, why take it?
c.  He is rfusing to acknowledge using any of it.

My reputation has nothing to do with, you have a crazy admin in charge here, if anyones rep is tarnished it is this communities.

If he hasnt used any of it, then that is fair enough.,  If he has simply touched up a bit of dialogue thats nothing to do with us as we are doing all dialogue.

Xelane

• View Profile
I honestly don't see that much work in what you did seif.

Unless I missed something (which I may have, and let it stand on record that I am unaware of any major changes that were made), you only fixed certain errors that were made by the original translators.

changes such as grammatical errors, and inappropriate dialogue

edit: I cannot possibly imagine that the original translation needed that much work done seif

OrionMan

Are you talking to me? Because we arent really the same person. And if you are talking to me i really dont care what you post on the internet about me.

Of course not.  I am talking about his awful reply.

OrionMan

I honestly don't see that much work in what you did seif.

Unless I missed something (which I may have, and let it stand on record that I am unaware of any major changes that were made), you only fixed certain errors that were made by the original translators.

changes such as grammatical errors, and inappropriate dialogue

edit: I cannot possibly imagine that the original translation needed that much work done seif

Well I am afraid it did and if you look on my forum you will see the changes, and there are A LOT of them. As i said I am going off only what he has written, and he may not have altered the non dialogue items at all.  if he has, then that should be credited.  Certainly he admitted that using our work was intended a few months back and he did take the document.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
You admitted to using our work and to taking the document.  You are now refusing to acknowledge that some of that mod you have and prob a majority of its to do with weapons armours etc, are basically ripped directly from our work and research.

I will be posting your reply on my forum and elsewhere so people know about you.  If you have any decency left in you, you will give credit where it is due.  My team and I slaved our asses off and we didnt do that just so you could turn round, call it sh*t, alter small bits and claim its yours.

It isn't on
I invite anybody to compare the two. I invite you to do it (since you obviously haven't). It's comically obvious how much you're talking out of your ass, now please leave my thread until you've done so.

Also, if I admitted to it, it should be on these forums somewhere. quote me. it's not that hard.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile

My problem is

a.  He admitted it a few months back
b.  He took the document, if he didnt intend to use it, why take it?
c.  He is rfusing to acknowledge using any of it.

My reputation has nothing to do with, you have a crazy admin in charge here, if anyones rep is tarnished it is this communities.

If he hasnt used any of it, then that is fair enough.,  If he has simply touched up a bit of dialogue thats nothing to do with us as we are doing all dialogue.

And how do you know that isnt all he did? Baseless accusations without even looking at his release is kind of pointless. By all rights i could whine about you using my avalanche overhaul in your video of your translation without giving proper credit for what you are showing.

OrionMan

It isn't baseless when he admitted it a few weeks back and said his intention was to correct the parts he disagreed with.  Now I am saying that his mod may not have done this but if it has or he ever does use parts, he should give full credit.

That is all I am saying.

Xelane

• View Profile
Seif Just about all of the text in game was exactly the same, so either you were wrong about him stealing your work, or you didn't do ANYTHING to improve the dialogue....

I notice a few good changes, but nothing that would constitute a lookover on the entire game's dialogue.

EDIT: that isn't to say that Titeguy didn't fix the errors where they mattered. Good Sh*t titeguy...good sh*t  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2010-03-28 01:58:57 by Xelane »

OrionMan

Seif Just about all of the text in game was exactly the same, so either you were wrong about him stealing your work, or you didn't do ANYTHING to improve the dialogue....

I notice a few good changes, but nothing that would constitute a lookover on the entire game's dialogue.

Look, obviously if he has simply altered dialogue, then yes that is ok we havent even started on dialogue/.  I am on about non dialogue and the document he stole.  If he hasnt used that in a mod and doesnt do then I am fine with it. I am just annoyed the way he openly stated his intention to do it and assumed he had done.  

When we do the dialogue it will be the entire thing from top to bottom.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It isn't baseless when he admitted it a few weeks back and said his intention was to correct the parts he disagreed with.  Now I am saying that his mod may not have done this but if it has or he ever does use parts, he should give full credit.

That is all I am saying.

Fair enough. But maybe you should look at what he has released. If it is not your work then leave it be. I am sure there are some people that would like to have your translation. It would be more productive if you were working on that instead of trying to start a flame war here.

OrionMan

It isn't baseless when he admitted it a few weeks back and said his intention was to correct the parts he disagreed with.  Now I am saying that his mod may not have done this but if it has or he ever does use parts, he should give full credit.

That is all I am saying.

Fair enough. But maybe you should look at what he has released. If it is not your work then leave it be. I am sure there are some people that would like to have your translation. It would be more productive if you were working on that instead of trying to start a flame war here.

I am not trying to flame war, I think that is obvious.  Those days are long gone.  But if someone had made an intention of altering one of your programs and claiming credit you would want to know about it.

I will look at his mod and see what he has done and I am big enough to admit I might be wrong but I am not wrong about the things he said a few weeks back.  I will be back at a later date.

Xelane

• View Profile
By "non-dialogue" do you mean names for weaponry, materia, abilities, and the like?

because that has been done by alot of people.

I can think of 3 different versions of that same set of items that were changed.

OrionMan

By "non-dialogue" do you mean names for weaponry, materia, abilities, and the like?

because that has been done by alot of people.

I can think of 3 different versions of that same set of items that were changed.

You will know if its mine by the sheer scope of changes and by the thoroughness, not to mention a load of things that only we have discovered.  If these mods came out within the last 2 months or so then yes they are possibly using our work.  If not, then probably not.

As I said, my problem was what he stated to me about his intentions and *if* I have got wrong end of stick about what he released then ***I apologise***.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-28 02:05:37 by OrionMan »

Jari

O hai, Seifer. Bai Seifer.

Banned, remember?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
2 questions, titeguy3:

Do your translation changes fix the idiotic "Attack when it's tail's up!" problem?
Is the translation available outside the remix patcher?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
2 questions, titeguy3:

Do your translation changes fix the idiotic "Attack when it's tail's up!" problem?
Is the translation available outside the remix patcher?
Yes, but unfortunately, editing the dialogue of that part screwed up the name variables for Barret's name. In the next version (and in the .PrC patch on the first page) this is fixed, though.

this is it:
[Cloud] "[Barret], watch out!"
"If you attack while its tail's up,"
"it'll counterattack with its laser!"

It's bundled up with my AI mod in the .PrC patch on the front page, although if you want just that fix, here it is.

zachase

• View Profile
Anyone know why the movies and graphics are kinda slow and choppy? The music works fine but the graphics themselves are like one slo-mo or something...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Anyone know why the movies and graphics are kinda slow and choppy? The music works fine but the graphics themselves are like one slo-mo or something...
well the game is only what? 30fps? If you're getting anything less than that you might wanna consider turning some options off in the OpenGL config file or running at a lower resolution.