Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246560 times)

zachase

• View Profile
okay, here is my opengl file. what should I change so that the game isn't running at about half speed? The intro movie works fine, but once I hit new game, the visuals slow to a crawl. Takes almost seven minutes to get the logo to appear over the city...

# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
# options are smartbloom.post and bloom2.post
# note that shaders/smartbloom.post must be configured to proper resolution, open with notepad
post_source = shaders/smartbloom.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1366
window_size_y = 768
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = on

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = off

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

refies

Titeguy, I apologise and retract my accusation.  I have looked through your files and so far there is nothing copied.  1 or 2 are dodgy but nothing I can grumble about.  I am fine with your translation as it is.  Still, you and the others should not have stolen the document or made intentions to make your own and then I never would have suspected.

But still,  I was wrong and I accept that. 

Xelane

• View Profile
 "I apologise and retract my accusation"

Contrasts with:

"Still, you and the others should not have stolen the document-"

......really seif?

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
I was going to make that point too but didn't want to be a mad "flunkie-goader". He's banned anyway.

zachase

• View Profile
I lowered my resolution to 640 x 480 and same deal. Intro movie is fine, but once game actual starts its in slomo again. Any tips? I have the opengl a few posts earlier if anyone has any ideas. I am running a 3ghz hp pentium with windows 7.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Titeguy, I apologise and retract my accusation.  I have looked through your files and so far there is nothing copied.  1 or 2 are dodgy but nothing I can grumble about.  I am fine with your translation as it is.  Still, you and the others should not have stolen the document or made intentions to make your own and then I never would have suspected.

But still,  I was wrong and I accept that.  

It's okay. Thanks for actually checking it out and I'm sorry for getting so worked up about it and losing my cool. I admire your effort and your steadfastness in making your all-encompassing literal re-translation. If/when you finish your project, if you and your team would so desire, I'd be honored to put it in this patch as an install option and credit you and all of your team members properly. If you'd rather solely distribute it yourself, that's perfectly fine, too.

Also, if you need any help accessing some of the text stored in the executable for translation, I might be able to help.

And to clarify things, I *did* read over some of your translations (I wouldn't be able to agree or disagree with them if I hadn't), but I never copy pasted your work into a document and re-distributed it. I won't say that nobody here did, but I don't want to start any more conflicts.
Good luck with your re-translation project.

@zachase turn off vsync, shaders, new timer, and stable timer, then turn on your fps indicator, and tell me what fps you get.

@Xelane & Prince Lex Cloud
He apologized and admitted that he was wrong. That takes a lot of maturity considering he's been banned and doesn't need to associate with us at all, he could have just shrugged it off and not said anything but he still did. Let's respect him for that if nothing else.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-29 20:22:33 by Cloudguy3 »

zachase

• View Profile
Thanks CloudGuy for all your help! I did what you said and now its 30 fps in the field and actually feels like its supposed to :)

EDIT: Okay, spoke to soon. When I first load, everything is normal, how its supposed to be, but after about ten minutes, the framerates drop in half for a while and sometimes switch back to normal. I'd say about 70% of the time, its in slow mo the rest its normal. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2010-03-30 00:34:07 by zachase »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Thanks CloudGuy for all your help! I did what you said and now its 30 fps in the field and actually feels like its supposed to :)

EDIT: Okay, spoke to soon. When I first load, everything is normal, how its supposed to be, but after about ten minutes, the framerates drop in half for a while and sometimes switch back to normal. I'd say about 70% of the time, its in slow mo the rest its normal. Any ideas?
Haha, well that's odd. I can't tell you why the framerate is so bad. That's pretty much minimal settings. Am I correct in assuming that you have an onboard graphics card? Your card probably just can't plain can't handle FFVII Remix. The last hope I can give you is to try and look for newer drivers for your graphics card...that might fix the issue.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
Thankyou for being so reasonable :)  I will send it to you as soon as it is done.  Whatever people think of me they must surely realise that I have a great passion for certain things and this game is top of the list atm.  We are all here to give this game a new lease of life.  take care.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-30 15:28:50 by Colonel Ramsay »

idl12

• View Profile
Ok i'm gonna install this  amazing patch, just on question though, does this modify the registry to run movies from the hard drive or do i have to do it myself and if so do i have to manually copy the movies?

EDIT-
       Never mind, i installed and it organizes everything, awesome patch, twelve thumbs up.

Edit  2
          Okay, when i install the latest version of aali's driver i get a message saying that something very bad has happened, i remember seeing this problem before but i can't seem to track it down.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-31 00:55:19 by cloudy with a chance of strife »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Edit  2
          Okay, when i install the latest version of aali's driver i get a message saying that something very bad has happened, i remember seeing this problem before but i can't seem to track it down.
That error can mean anything. Regarding Aali's driver, I think I got it once when I tried using the driver from 0.7.6b and the movie plugin from 0.7.3b. Make sure you overwrote all of the files and not just the .fgp.

zachase

• View Profile
I updated my laptop's drivers and it finally runs perfectly :) Thanks again

Buster

Nice ! just got ff7 for pc was thinking of playing my ps1 version again but pc version is just amazing with this assortment of mods, thanks for putting this package together and i hope to find more excellent stuff here in the future ,well till they final remake this game instead of churning out crap (in my opinion!! sorry to any ff13 fans)

idl12

• View Profile
Edit  2
That error can mean anything. Regarding Aali's driver, I think I got it once when I tried using the driver from 0.7.6b and the movie plugin from 0.7.3b. Make sure you overwrote all of the files and not just the .fgp.

Alright, it's fixed, just had to replace the new opening movie, just one question though, will the other new cut-scenes give this same problem?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Edit  2

Alright, it's fixed, just had to replace the new opening movie, just one question though, will the other new cut-scenes give this same problem?
I've had all sorts of issues with the 0.7.6b movie plugin. I've been trying to find a codec that makes it happy but doesn't glitch out all over the place.

idl12

• View Profile
Good luck with that, i'm gonna try a few myself and see what happens, can you tell me some of specifics like resolution and fps required in the re-encode?

zachase

• View Profile
I'm not sure what happened between yesterday and today, but the game won't start up now. I just get a big black screen and have to restart every time. I used Jenova on my save, but I checked it and it worked fine yesterday. I also switched out some songs on the music tool, but I don't understand why that would cause this. Any ideas?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what happened between yesterday and today, but the game won't start up now. I just get a big black screen and have to restart every time. I used Jenova on my save, but I checked it and it worked fine yesterday. I also switched out some songs on the music tool, but I don't understand why that would cause this. Any ideas?
You keep having to restart? Ctrl+alt+del, enter, and alt+tab don't do anything? That's extremely bizarre, I've never had that happen before. All I can do is ask to see an APP.log or an FF7Music Debug Console via copy/paste (if you can even manage to not have to restart your computer).

My first guess off the top of my head would be try reinstalling the FF7Opengl.reg file.

idl12

• View Profile
The black screen thing used to happen to me, you could try reinstalling the tm20 codec.

zachase

• View Profile
That is my app.log that is still in the FF7 folder from my last attempt. I did realize that I installed Norton yesterday. Do you think that may have done something? If I have to reinstall the openGL (and just that) how do I do that?

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START
DIRECT DRAW 2
TOTAL 67108864 FREE 62912512
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
Ramp Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation
RGB Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation
Direct3D HAL
  Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL
NO REQUESTED DISPLAY MODES SUPPORTED
EXCLUSIVE MODE
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: 36883688
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
10036743060f 127 = 127
set music volume: 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
MIDI set volume: 127
10036743060f 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!

EDIT: Just played with openGL and tried to lower my resolution to 640 x 480 again to see if that would help and upon startup I got a message saying "OOPS something very bad has happened!" Here is the APP log. It also made crash.dmp but I have no idea how to view that. I tried running the openGL postinstall utility and after configuring, the black tells me it cannot find the opengl even though it is right there. I think you're right about needing to reinstall. How do I do that?

INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Intel Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2086
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
ERROR: unhandled exception

« Last Edit: 2010-03-31 17:16:58 by zachase »

idl12

• View Profile
Try replacing the eidos logo in the movies folder with the one from ff7 disk 1( the first play disk).

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Make sure you don't upgrade to 0.7.6b and keep the 0.7.3b version of aali's driver that comes with the patch. To reinstall, just run the file "FF7opengl.reg" in the ff7 folder. Although it sounds like replacing Opening.avi from your "movies" folder with the one off your game disc might also be a good idea. I really have to convert the movies to a better format....

zachase

• View Profile
Thanks everyone. I reinstalled the entire patch and now its working again. Weird.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone. I reinstalled the entire patch and now its working again. Weird.
lol. bizarre. Apparently the patch has a delicate equilibrium.

I should emphasize that upgrading Aali's driver is likely to break things. That's all I can think of...besides those dodgy Multi-language patches I whipped up...

NghtHwk652

When i start the game, the intro movie is perfectly fine but after i select "New Game" all the movies seem to have about 5 fps. how can i fix this?