Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391245 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #375 on: 2020-05-05 09:19:40 »
Hi guys, I have a problem, the installation works perfectly for me, but how can I translate ff vii into Spanish? nice, and epic works guys!
You'll have better luck searching these forums and other threads (plus I have no idea what is going on for any language translations to the game, well exception Italian,--but you can bet they're going to be out there). This thread is for 7th Heaven 2.0 specific posts. I can tell you that 7H will have support for many languages including Spanish on the next update though!

« Reply #376 on: 2020-05-05 18:10:25 »
I've been having an issue with some mods not loading with 7H. IDK if this has already been addressed or if this is a 7H issue specifically but I didn't see it in the FAQ so I figured I'd try asking here. I checked if texture caching was an issue but that didn't solve anything. Model replacers load fine but texture replacers don't (battle/field/spells) & its not just the textures but ESUI isn't working either? I even tried unpacking my fields replacer & putting them in direct & still no results.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #377 on: 2020-05-06 08:42:50 »
I've been having an issue with some mods not loading with 7H. IDK if this has already been addressed or if this is a 7H issue specifically but I didn't see it in the FAQ so I figured I'd try asking here. I checked if texture caching was an issue but that didn't solve anything. Model replacers load fine but texture replacers don't (battle/field/spells) & its not just the textures but ESUI isn't working either? I even tried unpacking my fields replacer & putting them in direct & still no results.

Check your "Textures" path under 7H>Settings>General Settings. It should point to your FF7\mods\Textures\ folder. If the folders don't exist, create them manually.

« Reply #378 on: 2020-05-06 12:47:50 »
Check your "Textures" path under 7H>Settings>General Settings. It should point to your FF7\mods\Textures\ folder. If the folders don't exist, create them manually.

My mod folder was missing an 's' at the end. just adding that to both the settings & to the folder itself  ;D

Thanks for the help! I thought as long as the folder was called 'mod' in the settings it would work.

Psycho_Eggplant

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2020-05-09 01:35:43 »
Hello. I want to thank the developers of this mod manager and apologize for my bad English.

I don't know, if someone already solved my problem, but i didn't find it, so i try to ask here. Right now, i'm playing FF7 using "Remastered OST" from "Media - Qhimm Catalog", and that version of music has a glitch in Cosmo Canyon, in the scene where Nanaki learns the story of his father. At first, music plays normaly, but when Bugenhagen asks everyone to leave him with Nanaki alone, music suddenly start playing one short sequence from track over and over. It's leads to the sutiation, when music can not end, so as the scene, and game just crashes.

I got around this problem, just by switching the music mod to another option. But does anybody knows, what should i do, if i want to play whole game with "Remastered OST"?

Thank you.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #380 on: 2020-05-11 16:32:02 »
Hello. I want to thank the developers of this mod manager and apologize for my bad English.

I don't know, if someone already solved my problem, but i didn't find it, so i try to ask here. Right now, i'm playing FF7 using "Remastered OST" from "Media - Qhimm Catalog", and that version of music has a glitch in Cosmo Canyon, in the scene where Nanaki learns the story of his father. At first, music plays normaly, but when Bugenhagen asks everyone to leave him with Nanaki alone, music suddenly start playing one short sequence from track over and over. It's leads to the sutiation, when music can not end, so as the scene, and game just crashes.

I got around this problem, just by switching the music mod to another option. But does anybody knows, what should i do, if i want to play whole game with "Remastered OST"?

Thank you.

You'd probably want to report that here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15902.0 but I don't know that the original author is still around, or if anyone would want to bother with fixing it.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2020-05-12 14:34:12 »
Hey unab0mb,

Are you and the rest of the 7th Heaven team involved in Tsunamix's upcoming mod manager? You guys have done such a great job with 7th Heaven over the years. I was hoping the mod community here would all get together under one umbrella to pool their efforts and ressources into one unified mod manager. Is that the case or will there be two competing mod managers?

Thank you

Shyru

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2020-05-12 18:00:43 »
when i try clicking play it says "YARR! Unable to continue"

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #383 on: 2020-05-12 18:46:40 »
No. The 7H 2.0 dev team consists of 2 people (but there are important and appreciated contributions like the Qhimm mod catalog and support from EQ2Alyza and several people). We haven't been involved in 7H's history. We started with 7H 2.0, and it was conceived of and released in only a matter of 3 months. 7H will continue to do what 7H does best and will just improve over time just as it did from 1.x to 2.x for however long we feel like working on it. 7H is not in competition with anybody else's work, just as it doesn't compete with Reunion. While I respect the work that DLPB has done and his contributions to the community, I personally abhor Reunion. But that doesn't stop me from recommending it to someone when it fits their specific needs. Different strokes for different folks.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-12 18:52:46 by unab0mb »

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2020-05-13 01:28:35 »
when i try clicking play it says "YARR! Unable to continue"

That's common if you have a pirated copy of the game.

spectre_bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2020-05-13 02:09:27 »
Hi guys, I love 7th heaven, I really admire the work of all moders here.
But this problem is happening when I turn on the "Speed ​​Hack" mod, which in my opinion is one of the most important for an excellent gameplay experience.
I have been told that I needed to disable my Windows Defender (my only active protection) or add 7th heaven to my permissions, I have already done both options but I am unable to fix this error. Could someone please help me in any way?

Once again, thank you for your excellent work.

Thankful.

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #386 on: 2020-05-13 02:30:57 »
Hi guys, I love 7th heaven, I really admire the work of all moders here.
But this problem is happening when I turn on the "Speed ​​Hack" mod, which in my opinion is one of the most important for an excellent gameplay experience.
I have been told that I needed to disable my Windows Defender (my only active protection) or add 7th heaven to my permissions, I have already done both options but I am unable to fix this error. Could someone please help me in any way?

Once again, thank you for your excellent work.

Thankful.

Are you using FFNx (Stable)? I think that breaks the speedhack mod, so if you are then you need to switch to Canary to fix it.

If thats not the case, then, at least from looking at the picture and error messages it seems like its having trouble launching the executable for the speed hack. Running 7H as admin?

The speed hack itself is just packaging default functionality that Cheat Engine itself provides, so you should be able to do this yourself very easily and cut the speedhack mod out of the launching process altogether. Thats all I can suggest maybe someone knows more about your specific issue.

spectre_bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2020-05-13 05:02:49 »
Are you using FFNx (Stable)? I think that breaks the speedhack mod, so if you are then you need to switch to Canary to fix it.

If thats not the case, then, at least from looking at the picture and error messages it seems like its having trouble launching the executable for the speed hack. Running 7H as admin?

The speed hack itself is just packaging default functionality that Cheat Engine itself provides, so you should be able to do this yourself very easily and cut the speedhack mod out of the launching process altogether. Thats all I can suggest maybe someone knows more about your specific issue.

Sorry, i don't know what is FFNx, so maybe i isn't using it.

I'm running 7th heaven as admin.

So maybe i need to know more about the Cheat Engine to repair this? How can i use if i remove Speedhack from lauching process, sorry, i don't know how to do this.

I'll put the image in english so maybe it's more easily to understand the error.

« Last Edit: 2020-05-13 05:08:20 by spectre_bruno »

OatBran

• View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #388 on: 2020-05-13 05:43:29 »
Ah, now that you posted that error in english, I can see that it is most likely an error resulting from Windows Defender screwing you over. You shouldnt have to install cheat engine to fix this if you dont want to. Open windows defender (click start and then search defender, it will come up) then go to the settings tab and add the file location to the white list, as well as the exe file of the speed hack to the process white list and it should work

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2020-05-13 14:02:52 »
Okay, new questions for the mods in this thread.

I just installed 2.0 yesterday and have noticed a distinct difference between 1.56 and current version. In the odd version, it was possible to navigate the UI of 7th Heaven with a steam controller, with the trackpads as mouse and left right triggers as left and right buttons. This is important for anyone who wants to play big picture mode with an overlay using steam link.

In 2.0, once you launch 7thHeaven in big picture mode, the steam controller support is lost until you start the game, and then the steam controller works fine with the steam original controls option selected from the Game Launcher menu. In the launcher itself, you can only control the application using a mouse and keyboard.

Anyone else encounter/get around this? I have tried running as admin and using steam link and straight on desktop. Steam Controllers work for every other application running besides 7th Heaven 2.0 launcher.

I know it is an odd use case, but this approach allows someone to launch and play the game on a steam link using only a controller, absent a mouse and keyboard just like the good ol' days of using a console.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #390 on: 2020-05-13 20:54:02 »
I just installed 2.0 yesterday and have noticed a distinct difference between 1.56 and current version.
You don't say?  :P

This has already been added into 7H 2.1.
Edit:Saw you said "Steam Controller" and I assumed/read DS4. I don't have a Steam Controller (nobody does) so I can't test that. If it's an xinput-based controller though, you're good to go.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-13 20:56:06 by unab0mb »

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2020-05-14 17:28:52 »
Okay, new questions for the mods in this thread.

I just installed 2.0 yesterday and have noticed a distinct difference between 1.56 and current version. In the odd version, it was possible to navigate the UI of 7th Heaven with a steam controller, with the trackpads as mouse and left right triggers as left and right buttons. This is important for anyone who wants to play big picture mode with an overlay using steam link.

In 2.0, once you launch 7thHeaven in big picture mode, the steam controller support is lost until you start the game, and then the steam controller works fine with the steam original controls option selected from the Game Launcher menu. In the launcher itself, you can only control the application using a mouse and keyboard.

Anyone else encounter/get around this? I have tried running as admin and using steam link and straight on desktop. Steam Controllers work for every other application running besides 7th Heaven 2.0 launcher.

I know it is an odd use case, but this approach allows someone to launch and play the game on a steam link using only a controller, absent a mouse and keyboard just like the good ol' days of using a console.

I've tried this. As you said if you launch the game through Big Picture mode the SC doesn't work inside the 7TH UI, but works perfectly in-game.

I've found that if you're fast enough you can still launch the game as it take one second for the SC to pass from Keyboard+Mouse to actual controller, but I couldn't see any way to do it properly.

One way to circumvent this would be to one-click-launch FF7 through 7thH, but I don't know if that is possible.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-14 17:30:49 by Khrone »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2020-05-14 22:12:40 »
I've tried this. As you said if you launch the game through Big Picture mode the SC doesn't work inside the 7TH UI, but works perfectly in-game.

I've found that if you're fast enough you can still launch the game as it take one second for the SC to pass from Keyboard+Mouse to actual controller, but I couldn't see any way to do it properly.

One way to circumvent this would be to one-click-launch FF7 through 7thH, but I don't know if that is possible.

Like maybe using the 'programs to run prior to FF7' feature on 2.0? I could give that a try!

I like this idea, here is the feature request--> 7thHeaven could have an auto-run shortcut that opens the launcher and immediately acts as if the user has hit 'play'. This could have wide utility for people who don't want to confirm their profile or make alterations but just get into the game!

jepic

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2020-05-25 21:16:16 »
I dont think this has been brought up. so when i use my steam version of the game and the 2.0 launcher i keep getting this error

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at G:\steamgames\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
Creating missing required directories ...
Verifying additional files for 'battle' & 'kernel' folders exist ...
...    battle\camdat0.bin file not found
...    cannot copy source file because it is missing at G:\steamgames\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\battle\camdat0.bin
Failed to verify/copy missing additional files. Aborting...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

If anyone could help that would be great

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2020-05-26 09:39:52 »
I dont think this has been brought up. so when i use my steam version of the game and the 2.0 launcher i keep getting this error

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at G:\steamgames\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
Creating missing required directories ...
Verifying additional files for 'battle' & 'kernel' folders exist ...
...    battle\camdat0.bin file not found
...    cannot copy source file because it is missing at G:\steamgames\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\battle\camdat0.bin
Failed to verify/copy missing additional files. Aborting...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

If anyone could help that would be great

Are you using the english version of the game or a localized one?

jepic

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2020-05-26 14:54:43 »
Should be english, the one you get off steam.

skyescheschuk

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2020-05-28 19:00:26 »
I got 7th Heaven 2.0 and it works fine, but every time I launch the game and everyone gets off the train, the background dissappears and it's just a white screen with the character models, and it says "The Game Driver Has Crashed!" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I mean: file:///C:/Users/Kalen%20Scheschuk/Pictures/t.PNG

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2020-05-28 20:22:00 by skyescheschuk »

ExDuelist

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2020-05-28 20:06:54 »
Is there a way to add custom shaders to the list?

OatBran

• View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #398 on: 2020-05-29 13:26:08 »
I got 7th Heaven 2.0 and it works fine, but every time I launch the game and everyone gets off the train, the background dissappears and it's just a white screen with the character models, and it says "The Game Driver Has Crashed!" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I mean: file:///C:/Users/Kalen%20Scheschuk/Pictures/t.PNG

Thank you

that link you tried to post is a local file specific to your computer only. you have to actually upload the image somewhere and link to it or attach it directly to your post (but you probably cant attach files directly with your post count)

I likely cant know exactly what your  issue is from that anyway better to post information from the applog than to show a screenshot of the game for crashing issues.

Is there a way to add custom shaders to the list?

I know FFNx adds its own shaders, but I dont know if there is a way to add your own custom ones and have the game use them automatically.

ExDuelist

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2020-05-29 14:13:31 »
I dont know if there is a way to add your own custom ones and have the game use them automatically.
7th heaven 1.54 can do it... why 2.0 can't?