Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079276 times)

Claude

• View Profile
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #100 on: 2007-10-13 00:45:45 »
The computer crashes only come, because of this Anti-Regen.
Jenova-Life and Hojo can cause this.

However, you cannot get past Hojo, unless you get rid of it. :|

Anti-Regen? Please be more specific :p What's this anti-regen you're talking about?

:oops:

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007-10-13 01:26:06 »
dual status is in the game during one fight that had a seperate AI to help control it from freezing the game.   This fight is bottomswell.

however in this patch the 2 mention boosses has this effect and it interferes with other machanics of the system in some way and will cause a freeze at some point.   It appears that the PC version can handle it to a certain extent but in the PSX version the moment the effect is active the game will freeze for sure.

It basically has the same effect as regen but instead of gaining HP you loose HP as rapidly as regen.

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007-10-13 02:08:28 »
Damn, while casting Esuna it freezed again. :(

<E> Yup, when i try to Esuna the anti-regen the game hangs. So there's nothing i can do about it except constant healing?
« Last Edit: 2007-10-13 02:17:59 by Claude »

UltimaYoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007-10-13 02:43:00 »

<E> Yup, when i try to Esuna the anti-regen the game hangs. So there's nothing i can do about it except constant healing?
Only if you use the window patch, but this cause graphic issues.
Other than that, nope.
Seems that gjoerulv must get rid of this Dual status. :|

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007-10-13 03:46:43 »

Only if you use the window patch, but this cause graphic issues.
Other than that, nope.
Seems that gjoerulv must get rid of this Dual status. :|

I guess i'll go to level for a bit then, this one's hard. :(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #105 on: 2007-10-13 09:02:53 »
This status occurs other places. But it's just those two fights which gives you crash issues. I personally had no problem with Jonva LIFE though, but I can understand Hojo may be way frustrating knowing it is 3 battles. I'll put up a mod where Hojo has no dual effect.

EDIT:

And here it is. Removed dual from JLife as well.

http://www.speedyshare.com/708608682.html
« Last Edit: 2007-10-13 10:31:05 by gjoerulv »

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007-10-13 15:21:22 »
This status occurs other places. But it's just those two fights which gives you crash issues. I personally had no problem with Jonva LIFE though, but I can understand Hojo may be way frustrating knowing it is 3 battles. I'll put up a mod where Hojo has no dual effect.

EDIT:

And here it is. Removed dual from JLife as well.

http://www.speedyshare.com/708608682.html

I love you  :lol: Thanks, now i'm gonna beat her. ^^ -->

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007-10-19 22:51:03 »
So are all the bugs worked out in this mod? I just finished FFVII editing the scenes myself but since I have No Idea how to edit the hex values so I want to try this out. I don't want to install it until its completely finished (bug free) however because I don't want to have to wait for weeks just to pass one buggy part. Will this work for all versions of the game? I have the Asian-Pacific edition of this game and I'm asking because some things that work for the US version of the game don't work for my version of the game. For example, I used Scene Edit to edit Safer Sephiroth's stats and when I fought him in the game his stats were still normal. Safer and Bizzaro are the only monsters that Scene Edit doesn't seem to work for with my edition of the game.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007-10-19 22:53:27 »
That happens to all versions.

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007-10-19 22:57:28 »
Sephiroth's stats are adjusted at the beginning of the battle by AI Script based on your party statistics, Scene Edit can't modify them.

Also (if You already don't know this) - you need to adjust look-up table in 3rd file from kernel.bin to prevent battles from messing up. There's a proggy that I wrote that'll do it for You.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-19 23:04:54 by M4v3R »

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007-10-19 23:00:47 »
Thanks thats good to know. I'll use that program along with this mod.... I just hope it doesn't get too easy after Jenova Death.

After looking at the Scene.bin of this mod I can't wait to try it!

Lol @ Hell House's outrageous 255 defense.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-20 00:50:28 by BlackInfinity »

Cid89

« Reply #111 on: 2007-10-20 13:21:37 »
hi, I'm a newbie :) (and my english isn't so good, I'm from Italy... I apologize for my errors  :-o)

this mod is absolutely great, I love it. I'm translating it in italian in order to let the ignorant italian people play FF7 with this mod..
But a betatester found an error: he says that he fought with Rufus in spite of the Midgar Zolom  :-o I've not tried to fight it yet

Is this fact happened also to other people, or only to our betatester?  :?

thank you!

(sigh, sob.... my english is so bad)

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007-10-20 16:56:28 »
I suggest you guys add my final battle patch to this mod to get a proper final boss battle.

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007-10-21 01:58:18 »
I added your final battle to this mod after watching the video, it seems great. Do you have some other scenes of regular monsters that you modified to make them into optional boss fights? I was wondering because the video of your final battle was under SaiNTDragon (or something like that) on youtube and he also uploaded videos of bosses that he created himself. For example I saw a video where Ultima Weapon fought as Omega Weapon from FFVIII. Are you (ARMs) and saiNT the same person? If so can you release some of these scenes for "optional boss" fights? (or am I smoking crack because you uploaded your final battle video under a different name?)

And Gjoerulv I'd like to congratulate you on the first reactor, it was hard. I had to use Jenova to give myself 2 more ethers and 5 more potions to beat it. Once you get access to restore materia, however the game gets MUCH easier.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007-10-21 02:24:46 »
yeah I am the same guy.   But i'm not gonna release other bosses yet.  Safer Sephiroth and blizzaro are the most problematic bosses to mod so i decided to release it.  I'm playing threw the game to make improvements, so maybe in the future i'll release some or maybe others who can mod like me will release some of their work first.

Well safer sephiroth is suppose to be able to handle some cheap materia combos but I don't know if it was done correctly.   safer has about 777,777 HP as his weakest form.   He'll grow to either 1,000,000 or/to 1,400,000 HP and he'll also get stat boosts, but i'm not sure anymore cause it was one of my earlier works.   Originally i wanted to add more moves and more phases to him but the game wont allow me to add anymore attacks without eliminating some of his cenimatic stuff.  Miming KOTR probably will take him down as easily as the weapons.  In my game KOTR max power would only deal 35,000 to 60,000 damage and counter mime is not 100 percent.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-21 02:29:41 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #115 on: 2007-10-21 20:01:24 »
So are all the bugs worked out in this mod?

Nothing beside that dual-status-freeze thing if you read above. Not really a bug though.

Sephiroth's stats are adjusted at the beginning of the battle by AI Script based on your party statistics, Scene Edit can't modify them.

Also (if You already don't know this) - you need to adjust look-up table in 3rd file from kernel.bin to prevent battles from messing up. There's a proggy that I wrote that'll do it for You.

Partly true. I edited every stat on him. Only his HP seem to change drastically.
Gonna check out that prog tomorrow. Looks neat!

this mod is absolutely great, I love it. I'm translating it in italian in order to let the ignorant italian people play FF7 with this mod..
But a betatester found an error: he says that he fought with Rufus in spite of the Midgar Zolom  :-o I've not tried to fight it yet

Is this fact happened also to other people, or only to our betatester?  :?

thank you!

This used to be a problem. It should not occur in this version though. I'll check tomorrow. Tired...

I'll probably release a v2 after newyears. Way to occupied these days.  :-P. I aim to make fun and reasonable mod.  :-D

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007-10-21 20:34:14 »
Partly true. I edited every stat on him. Only his HP seem to change drastically.

Quote from: Terence Fergusson Battle Mechanics document
Safer*Sephiroth's stats change depending on various factors:
   +30,000 Max HP,  2 Att, 20 Def,  5 MAt, 16 MDf per character at L99
   +80,000 Max HP if you cast Knights of Round on Jenova*SYNTHESIS

Note again that Aeris does not count with regards to characters at L99.

Also, for each time you killed Bizarro*Sephiroth's Head, Safer*Sephiroth's
HP will be 100 lower than his Max HP, up to a maximum of 24,900 HP lower.

At maximum power, Safer*Sephiroth will have:
         400,000 Max HP, 246 Att, 260 Def, 140 MAt, 308 MDf

As You can see nearly all of his stats could be altered by the script - but stats other than HP are altered only if you have characters that are on Lvl 99.

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007-10-23 02:38:44 »
What about the one-on-one battle between cloud and sephiroth? Did you (Gjoerulv or ARMs) mod that sephiroth's stats so that you will acutally have a fight with him or does he still die after one omnislash? I tried to edit his stats so you actually did have to fight with him, he hit me first and cloud counter attacked (just a regular counter attack, not omnislash) and he died. If you did edit his stats to turn him into a regular fight (if that is at all possible) can you use the item command? If I recall correctly, on the PSX version of the game you can use items but on the PC version you can't use items, because the item command is gone. (At least on my Asian-Pacific PC edition of the game you can't use items, I don't know if its that way for all the other PC versions of the game although I would assume so.)

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007-10-23 02:54:13 »
What about the one-on-one battle between cloud and sephiroth? Did you (Gjoerulv or ARMs) mod that sephiroth's stats so that you will acutally have a fight with him or does he still die after one omnislash? I tried to edit his stats so you actually did have to fight with him, he hit me first and cloud counter attacked (just a regular counter attack, not omnislash) and he died. If you did edit his stats to turn him into a regular fight (if that is at all possible) can you use the item command? If I recall correctly, on the PSX version of the game you can use items but on the PC version you can't use items, because the item command is gone. (At least on my Asian-Pacific PC edition of the game you can't use items, I don't know if its that way for all the other PC versions of the game although I would assume so.)
I couldn't use Items on my PSX version. It had Limit and that was it, IIRC. Kinda disappointing.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-23 03:27:18 by paladin181 »

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007-10-23 06:12:46 »
EDIT: I check a few videos on youtube of the final fight and no one could use items. I guess I was wrong.

Gjoerulv, I believe I have found a bug with materia growth. (Unless of course, you did this on purpose but I don't see why that would be the case.) I was leveling up near Wutai (however you spell it) and fighting against those giant turtle monsters whose name I cannot spell. My revive materia had 1 out of 3 stars. Once I got enough AP to reach the 2nd level (2 out of 3 stars) I actually gained two levels and went from 1 star to 3. The same thing happened with HP Plus materia. I was at 3 out of 5 stars, and once I got enough AP to reach 4 stars I went straight from 3 stars to 5 mastering the materia. This bug is bittersweet however as it can make the game too easy.

I have a question for you Gjoerulv. Why did you remove Flash from Slash-All materia if you didn't take out "remove" from exit materia? Doesn't it do nearly the same thing? I've never used flash and all I know is that it has a chance of instantly killing all enemies. "Remove", removes the enemies from the battle still giving you EXP and AP so its not much different from flash besides it costing 100 mp and being a spell. You can easily learn this before Temple of the Ancients, making the rest of all the random encounters in the game easy for the most part assuming you have enough money to buy ethers. Oh wait, I forgot, some materia skips a level when it levels up which causes it to master instantly, meaning that I can sell my glitchy mastered materia for loads of cash to buy hundreds of ethers so I can just "remove" everything in my sight in between boss fights....    :-D

Here are some suggestions to make the game harder (if these things are possible, I know nothing about hex editing or how the FFVII engine works):

1) Take out Remove from exit materia (you might as well leave it in Master Magic Materia since you've most likely defeated one of the toughest monsters in the game to get it)

2) Change Odin's "Steel Bladed Sword" from instant death, to heavy damage (or piercing magic damage, but NOT BOTH) to regular enemies, while leaving "Gunge Lance" for bosses the same as it is now. That way you can't deal heavy (or piercing) damage to bosses (or things immune to death) but Odin is still effective in regular fights without being too cheap as causing instant death. Why would take out Odin's instant death? For the same reason you took flash off of Slash-All materia and made Master Command flash. If you put a really difficult enemy in every area and you could just OHKO them with Odin (or Remove) that would defeat the purpose no?
For example, I know you intended to make those giant turtles near Wutai hard (I can tell because they have alot of HP and physical attacks do next to nothing on him) but I just OHKO them with Odin or Remove and get a reward of 800 AP. I think the 800 AP is a good reward for killing something that is abnormally "difficult" but Odin and Remove just make it easy AP. Talk about making the game easy, I've mastered things near Wutai before I've completed the Temple of the Ancients using your mod that I normally would not master until after Cloud rejoins your party in disc two. (Such as Restore, Revivie, and HP Plus materia.)

3)Leave master command and slash-all the way it is.

4)Fix the materia glitch I described before to prevent easy money.

Don't get me wrong though, these were just suggestions and so far I LOVE your mod. From what I've played my favorite parts were the First Reactor and Mt Nibel. I've seen the game over screen a few times in those places lol.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-23 07:54:47 by BlackInfinity »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007-10-23 07:48:42 »
Sephiroth in the final battle will die in one hit no matter what you do.  there is a hidden ai script for that sephiroth that ends the battle no matter what.   Its not in the scene file.   so at this time no there is no way of making that battle in to a real one. 

Thats wierd about the materias though.   Remove and odin is much more balanced then flash though.   I think flash has better accuracy then odin (levistan or other level 3 magics with all or even some enimies skills are better at field clearing then Odin.  Hes not very reliable).  It misses accasionally but not very odten.   And your not suppose to get experiences for remove.    At least thats what i remember unless TC changed the effects of remove.   And if your gonna make an enimie that gives loads of exp and ap there should be no easy way to kill them but that just my opinion.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-23 16:21:01 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #121 on: 2007-10-23 17:35:15 »
@BlackInfinity:

You figured it out huh?  :-D. I knew there was a glitch with those materias.

I tried to fix it today but I don't think it helped. I'll give a dl when I have something good but for now, this is what I have to offer:

http://www.speedyshare.com/987753842.html

It's a new kernel.bin. Odin was stronger in my version. He is weakened in this. To get Remove you'll need 600000 AP (if this works :P). And it cost 210 MP not 100.
Fixed the Added Cut and Steal as Well materia's APs. It was way to much before. now you need 150 000 not almost 400 000. There is a new thing 'bout KOTR too but you can figure that out yourself. The rest is like it was.

I, too, like ARMs, thought Remove didn't earn you any spoils. I was apparently wrong.  The stuff I've done this time might be overkill. I'll consider the things you suggested concerning Odin and Remove.

Oh, and Hero Drink doesn't work the same way in this kernel.

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007-10-23 21:57:36 »
Cool a higher MP cost makes remove slightly less cheap, more AP makes the game harder as you won't be able to access it until much later, and without easily mastered materia you won't be able to afford enough tents and ethers to abuse it nearly as much.... works for me. So will replacing this new Kernel with the old one mess anything up, such as materia I've already mastered? (For Example, I mastered exit materia, do you know what will happen to it when I install the new kernel? I'll probably just trash it and equip a new exit materia instead.) Can I use this right away or do I need to start a new game in order to use this new kernel?

Oh and let me clarify, Remove WILL give you regular EXP and AP as if you killed all the enemies normally. Remove WILL NOT give you any gill or dropped items. This is why remove costs 100 MP and Escape (which gives you no items, no GIL, no EXP, and no AP) costs 16.

And when you say you weakened Odin, may I ask how so? Does his Gunge Lance do less MP damage, or does his Steel Bladed Sword no longer deal instant death, or both?

EDIT: I am currently at Gaea's Cliff. When I use your new kernel and walk outside (in the area where marlboros appear) and you enter a random battle the background is wrong. You see the background as if you were still inside the cliff as opposed to the background that is outside. This also means that the monsters you fight outside are the same monsters that you fight inside the cliff, and the monsters you are supposed to fight outside don't always appear. (sometimes the background and monsters are right but mostly its wrong) I've been looking for that marlboro for a while now and I keep running in to Stalivas and and those bats. I didn't think this was a big problem at first, but when I got the th room where you had to fight the giant Icicles to make them fall to the floor below, I fought a single bomb instead. I don't even recognize the background that I fought him in either.

I'll be using the old kernel until this is fixed because god knows what other scenes could be messed up. Until then I'll just opt not to use Exit materia.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-24 00:57:58 by BlackInfinity »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #123 on: 2007-10-24 18:24:05 »
lol sorry I didn't keep in mind that I've modified the Scene more since last time. The Kernel you dl'ed doesn't cope with the old scene. Sorry. I could upload the new Scene, but before I do that check this out.

you need to adjust look-up table in 3rd file from kernel.bin to prevent battles from messing up. There's a proggy that I wrote that'll do it for You.

This will easily fix your problem (follow the link in the quote and download the program :D).

Just use this program each time you change the Scene.bin to ensure the fights doesn't mess up.

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007-10-30 01:14:39 »
Has anyone defeated Ruby Weapon using this mod yet? I keep dying of boredom before I get the chance to kill him.  :-D

Does Ruby have a weakness? I don't really feel like spending the next 2 hours W-Quadra Summoning Bahamut ZERO and casting Pandora's Box to kill him. I'm afraid to cast KotR on him because every monster I've thought to use it on gained a full recovery from it.... lol. Giving bosses godly stats and attacks that inflict status effects are a good way to make them more difficult, however this can easily be countered with the right defensive measures. (4x Dragon Force + Resist = God Like) This is why ARMs gave Sephiroth spells to destroy positive status effects as well as spells that inflict status effects that ignore resistance. Don't give Ruby such spells unless he has a weakness!!! lol.

So if anyone knows a fast way to kill Ruby using this mod please let me know. (KotR + W Summon =/= fast, assuming that even works on him) Until then I guess I'll read a book or something until he dies.