Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836701 times)

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5200 on: 2017-04-14 06:56:45 »
7H shouldn't have caused this. It is exact files copied from the OP here, so perhaps there was an oversight in the IRO version. Or your previous 1.4 installer had it enabled before you switched over to the 7H version. There may have been an update between the installer and 7H version that is now baked into your saves.

I tested my Saves, when i open my old FF 7 without 7thH i cant use the new Saves, they are not visible in their slots. But the old ones work, now i load the Cave of GI Save and open up the Rank up System. It Works.

Then i close the old FF 7 and open the new one with 7thH, now i see all Saves the old ones and new ones. I load up the same Save "Cave of GI" and open up the Rank up System, and i get the Error Aint no Rank up in this Mode.

So i think this is not a Savegame Problem.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14 06:59:50 by KingChris »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: 2017-04-14 12:16:40 »
I tested my Saves, when i open my old FF 7 without 7thH i cant use the new Saves, they are not visible in their slots. But the old ones work, now i load the Cave of GI Save and open up the Rank up System. It Works.

Then i close the old FF 7 and open the new one with 7thH, now i see all Saves the old ones and new ones. I load up the same Save "Cave of GI" and open up the Rank up System, and i get the Error Aint no Rank up in this Mode.

So i think this is not a Savegame Problem.

I think that's cause 7H uses a different save folder; the Steam save folder is in: C:\Users\(yourusername)\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_######
whereas 7H save files are kept in the actual install location for the game files. Otherwise it's maybe some kind of security thing; I noticed recently that my save editor can't 'see' my new files, but instead sees my old ones from a ways back.

Arrange Mode causes no permanent damage; it's just a single flag that can be toggled on and off. It's probably crept in from debugging onto one of the save points.

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: 2017-04-14 12:42:12 »
Hmmmm okay weird.

Arrange Mode causes no permanent damage; it's just a single flag that can be toggled on and off. It's probably crept in from debugging onto one of the save points.
Do you have any solution how to disable the flag ?
Is there a data or document in the Game Folder who store such settings like arrange mode, if yes then i will edit or replace it with a working one.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14 13:20:26 by KingChris »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: 2017-04-14 13:49:53 »
I'll make a new IRO.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-14 14:12:36 by Sega Chief »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: 2017-04-14 13:51:19 »
Hey chief! I just found this hilarious series of ff7 videos, it would be fun if you could implement it into nt!

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: 2017-04-14 14:11:19 »
I'll make a new IRO.

Thank you very much, i will wait for it  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: 2017-04-14 14:12:28 »
Here's the IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vidp2b30curmvpm/FF7_NT_IRO_14th_April_2017.iro

The save point chime should deactivate the Arrange Mode flag.

Hey chief! I just found this hilarious series of ff7 videos, it would be fun if you could implement it into nt!

What vids?

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: 2017-04-14 14:13:30 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyd1mReG8wk&t=15s

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Sorry didnt paste the first time...

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: 2017-04-14 15:40:11 »
Here's the IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vidp2b30curmvpm/FF7_NT_IRO_14th_April_2017.iro

The save point chime should deactivate the Arrange Mode flag.

Great Job Chief, it works. Thank you so much  :) :)
But i tested it at the Save Point in Rocket Town Cids House, where is the Save Point Chime ?

And is there a way to Reset the Game, without Exit to Windows and start it up again. Like on PS "L1 L2 R1 R2 Start Select" ?

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: 2017-04-14 16:07:27 »
Lol i asked that already both chief and alyza. No reset option as of yet, but they told me to use ochu to force game over, it works. Untill its done in a better/easier/direct way.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: 2017-04-14 17:54:32 »
Install R05 (without the 60FPS mode) and use 7H on top of it. The hotkeys can then be used for faster and reset as on PSX.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: 2017-04-14 18:39:48 »
Great Job Chief, it works. Thank you so much  :) :)
But i tested it at the Save Point in Rocket Town Cids House, where is the Save Point Chime ?

And is there a way to Reset the Game, without Exit to Windows and start it up again. Like on PS "L1 L2 R1 R2 Start Select" ?

What I mean is, when you touch the Save Point and hear a chiming sound effect it means the flag has been turned off; I added the script line for it right below that SFX prompt. Sounds like it worked though.

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: 2017-04-14 19:43:26 »
Yo sega, seeing as you're not as active on the insane diff forums, made an account here.. I've been planning on providing you with a bug report and general feedback from my playthrough on the off chance it'd be even remotely helpful or interesting, and I'm really close to beating the game all the way through, but a weird bug with platinum match is barring the way. The fight starts normally and I can issue the first commands, but after that, nothing happens. Everything just stands in place. I can even attempt to flee and it shows the escape animation with the can't escape notification, but the boss never takes an action and neither do my guys. I haven't had any other bugs like this on my playthrough, that's why it feels so weird that this one fight alone doesn't work.. any ideas?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: 2017-04-14 23:47:28 »
The scene hotfix patch here on Page 1 of this thread should fix it. If not, let me know.

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: 2017-04-15 10:24:14 »
Now I feel silly for disregarding those hotfixes; I suppose what threw me off was the "install if you downloaded the NT mod before the date shown" note, seeing as they pointed to january or march and I first downloaded earlier this month.

It fixed the nemesis fight and I beat him, but upon returning to northern crater something odd happened that wasn't there before. When I start making my way down the stone steps (after the screen where the new threat phone call happened), it shows some fmv's from the beginning of the game, such as the explosion of the reactor after escaping the timer, as background, and cloud's model kind of floats on top of it. The game is still functional and I can make my way downwards and the encounters still happen, but it looked so weird that I tried installing the other hotfix, but to no avail. Sound familiar?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: 2017-04-15 17:29:55 »
Sounds like the game has set Disc 1; did you do Dark Cave?

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: 2017-04-15 17:31:00 »
Yea. Before applying the hotfixes.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: 2017-04-15 18:00:23 »
Hey chief im back from gaeas cliff, giving seph black materia and getting highwind. Im in fort condor and the man says theyve had 5 battles and have 0 gil. Is this normal or did i somehow miss 5 of them??? Ive done immediately every battle i got notified of. If i did will i miss some important reward at end of all battles?

It would really suck if i did and i went through so much effort to do them all.

Oh and theres a bug whenever i go bavk from battles, exit with teleport guy is blocked by invisible barrier and i have to climb up and back down, so i can get out normally.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-15 18:31:30 by lionheart82 »

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: 2017-04-15 18:16:31 »
Hey chief im back from gaeas cliff, giving seph black materia and getting highwind. Im in fort condor and the man says theyve had 5 battles and have 0 gil. Is this normal or did i somehow miss 5 of them??? Ive done immediately every battle i got notified of. If i did will i miss some important reward at end of all battles?

Chiming in because I was in the same boat as you. I looked it up and it's in the original game also; those 5 battles can't be fought (there's 1 or 2 fights like that in the later parts of the game also) and apparently the fort needs a certain amount of gil to fend Shinra off on their own. Meaning, you'd have to know about it beforehand and contribute gil. If you didn't know about it, you're kinda screwed. And as far as I know, there's nothing in the game that clues you in on this little factoid. I was pissed, too, because I really wanted to see what the special prize was and took good care to fight every battle right away&legitimately, just to have the game basically tell me "Oh, you weren't aware of this? Sucks to be you, don't it?"

It wouldn't be that bad if you could just go back to an earlier save and give them some gil before the plot railroad begins, but it's a huge chunk that you'd have to replay. It's one of those old school rpg "deal with it, greenhorn" things.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-15 18:25:31 by Ayoyo »

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: 2017-04-15 18:46:46 »
It sounds like you're getting debug battles which is worrying because those battles have been overwritten completely for NT, and in turn means that your scene.bin isn't patched. If that's the case, then there's a chance you've been fighting default enemies this entire time.

In the very first boss battle, did Guard Scorpion appear black/gold and have the new name of X-ATM Scorpion? Did it use Magnetic Scope instead of Search Scope?

I feared that, I do remember the color of the Scorpion being black/gold, but I don't think I've seen enemies any different than vanilla, wow it has been vanilla all this time what a bummer...I knew it was too easy.

Is there anything I can do to fix this without having to patch everything again?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-15 18:48:39 by JonJon412 »

contenance

• View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: 2017-04-15 20:46:11 »
The locations are slightly different but nothing should be missable. Vanilla sources for materia should usually be consistent with NT materia locations but some have been moved about. There should be a document in the Main Installer folder that has a list of where everything is.

Sorry, maybe you got my point wrong. I am aware that the materia locations are slightly different to vanilla :)

What i meant is the behaviour of the materia. Since you have made some changes to the game mechanics i am interested in information about materia combinations for example. You know, like the damage reduction when you use elemental dmg materia in combination with "all" materia or using knights of the round with quadra magic.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: 2017-04-16 00:17:10 »

Oh and theres a bug whenever i go bavk from battles, exit with teleport guy is blocked by invisible barrier and i have to climb up and back down, so i can get out normally.

The original plan was to make every battle available but there's a few in the span of a very short space of time for the Junon Weapon Raid, so I changed it so that the money Fort Condor has when you visit them should be enough to cover the inaccessible battles.

The bug is an oversight on my part. I think it was corrected in the latest flevel patch.

Chiming in because I was in the same boat as you. I looked it up and it's in the original game also; those 5 battles can't be fought (there's 1 or 2 fights like that in the later parts of the game also) and apparently the fort needs a certain amount of gil to fend Shinra off on their own. Meaning, you'd have to know about it beforehand and contribute gil. If you didn't know about it, you're kinda screwed. And as far as I know, there's nothing in the game that clues you in on this little factoid. I was pissed, too, because I really wanted to see what the special prize was and took good care to fight every battle right away&legitimately, just to have the game basically tell me "Oh, you weren't aware of this? Sucks to be you, don't it?"

It wouldn't be that bad if you could just go back to an earlier save and give them some gil before the plot railroad begins, but it's a huge chunk that you'd have to replay. It's one of those old school rpg "deal with it, greenhorn" things.

I set them to start with enough money to cover those battles (I think) but if not I'll raise their starting money. That way, if you attend every accessible battle, you won't need to give them a dime. You can actually get Condor done without spending a single gil if you only use Fighters as the payback on each surviving unit was raised to 400gil (equal to a Fighter).

I feared that, I do remember the color of the Scorpion being black/gold, but I don't think I've seen enemies any different than vanilla, wow it has been vanilla all this time what a bummer...I knew it was too easy.

Is there anything I can do to fix this without having to patch everything again?

I don't know, I suspect 7H wasn't set up correctly or isn't being allowed to function properly by some issue like security/anti-virus (it injects files at run-time which can make anti-virus tetchy). There are several tests to look for when running NT from a new game to check that it was patched properly:
1) When starting New Game, a text box will appear confirming build version and asking for difficulty selection (though only Normal/Original is available just now) (flevel check).
2) The first battle, open the help bar and check the names of the first two enemy soldiers you fight; they should be called MP Trainees instead of just MPs (scene check).
3) Open the menu and check Cloud's available magic. If he has started with Fire equipped in addition to Ice and Bolt then kernel has been patched (kernel check).

Sorry, maybe you got my point wrong. I am aware that the materia locations are slightly different to vanilla :)

What i meant is the behaviour of the materia. Since you have made some changes to the game mechanics i am interested in information about materia combinations for example. You know, like the damage reduction when you use elemental dmg materia in combination with "all" materia or using knights of the round with quadra magic.

Here are the changes: proc-rates for things like Cover and Counter-Attack. Cover starts at 20% and raises in 10% increments for a max of 50% chance (but they can be stacked onto each other so two mastered Covers on a character = 100% proc chance). All counter Materia starts at 10%, and rises by 10% each time for a max of 50% chance. Sneak Attack was changed so that it now maxes out at 100% chance instead of 80%. Final Attack has a max of 2 charges (but might be 1 charge now, not sure). A number of Materia were set to be 1-Star and/or to drop as Mastered so that they are unique and only one is available (Summon Materia, for instance). The relation between Support Materia and others is the same.

Some new spells replace old ones. Lagomorph is Frog + Mini combined together. Pearl and Hydro are Contain-level spells for Holy and Water element that appear on the Ultima Materia (renamed to Planet Materia); has Ultima spell on it too. Death was removed in favour of the spell Remove which had the same effect. Poisona was dropped in favour of Osmose for MP regeneration. A lot of the Enemy Skill effects were changed too.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-16 00:23:17 by Sega Chief »

WarDamnAlto

• View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: 2017-04-16 03:05:29 »
Absolutely loving the mod!!  Quick question, and I apologize if I've missed it, but does Cloud have an innate in the most recent version?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: 2017-04-16 10:26:15 »
Absolutely loving the mod!!  Quick question, and I apologize if I've missed it, but does Cloud have an innate in the most recent version?

Cloud does have an Innate, but it doesn't become active until he rejoins the party.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: 2017-04-16 19:52:00 »
I don't know, I suspect 7H wasn't set up correctly or isn't being allowed to function properly by some issue like security/anti-virus (it injects files at run-time which can make anti-virus tetchy). There are several tests to look for when running NT from a new game to check that it was patched properly:
1) When starting New Game, a text box will appear confirming build version and asking for difficulty selection (though only Normal/Original is available just now) (flevel check).
2) The first battle, open the help bar and check the names of the first two enemy soldiers you fight; they should be called MP Trainees instead of just MPs (scene check).
3) Open the menu and check Cloud's available magic. If he has started with Fire equipped in addition to Ice and Bolt then kernel has been patched (kernel check).

1) I do get the box that indicates to choose the difficulty, but only 1 is available since the other one is locked.
2) I don't see that help bar anywhere, unless is the target switch, I didn't get to see any names at all.
3) Nope, only bolt and Ice.

Maybe is because I installed the NT Mod first and then I patched with 7H, I'll delete everything and try it but doing the 7H first to see if it works.