Author Topic: ff7 crashing under win2k, need help :(  (Read 3528 times)

EightbitfuryX

ff7 crashing under win2k, need help :(
« on: 2005-09-14 04:27:49 »
alright first ill list my system specs, although not so great, it should run the game just fine.

Pentium 3, 550
Geforce Fx 5200 128mb
384 mb ram
not sure specs of soundcard.

anyways i installed all the way up to v 1.02 , and successfuly installed the new character models. i load up the game and everything is fine and dandy untill the train stops. i grab the potion and run and get into that fight you get into with the 2 soldier guards, after that game freezes and i recieve this error : FF7.exe has encountered errors and must be closed by windows.

please note i even tried a clean install of the game with out the model replacement and i still get the same problem, if anyone has any clue as to how to fix this any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Eigaar

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-14 09:58:02 »
Have you downloaded the windows xp patch?
It should fix all compatibility issues.

Modem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-14 10:13:00 »
He said he's trying to run it on Windows 2000, not XP, but I believe Win2K has issues with a lot of games.  It's really not a gaming OS.  I don't believe it has a compatability mode, but if it does, try Windows98 compatability.  Have you updated your Win2K with the latest service pack/updates?  Other than that... I'm not sure.

Eigaar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-14 10:53:57 »
AHHHH!!! there is a patch that fixes stuff like that.
Try downloading the multipatch thingy, thats the only place i know where to get the fix from.

EightbitfuryX

« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-14 19:24:40 »
ive got the multipatch, thats the one i use for installing all the patches i need to get the game working, ive used pretty much all the patches in there before under windows 2k, i did reformat my computer from the time i had the game installed before on my hard drive. where is this windows xp patch? i think i used it before when i had a problem with the game... any links can be helpful ^_^

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-14 21:19:44 »
first of all check the sticky here

second win xp patch = no go and when i was a frequent visitor here one would get told by one of the mods to not mention it :p and here is why.

also there is a search option wich i often use to find a specific thread and i find usefull and i took the liberty(sp?) link it here. When i used to use win2k i found it quite usefull.

EightbitfuryX

« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-15 23:13:17 »
i tried the thing on the site, the only way it works is if i run the . exe from the folder. i also noticed the sound will lag after a battle sequence (but thats only if im using the sound fonts) has anyone found a way to fix the music lag yet?